At what level is a skill considered "high"? Combat effects?

Vulxai

try dividing your total by your combat.

17.2 is the balance number, as its the average value if all your skills are the same be it 99, 70 or 50 and so on.

ie mine is 1816/115= 15.79.

this means i am more combat orientated as 15.8<17.2

anything below 17.2 would suggest a combat orientation

anything above 17.2 would suggest a skilling orientation

have a go and let me know what you think to this, personally i think its a better way of seeing how skilled you are as i personally think a more balanced player is a higher player, as it shows skills in all areas of the game, rather than just skilling, or combat.

that is for member isn't it? i did it with my own combat lvl and it result to be 12,27... but i am f2p what it would mean for a f2p?

and for myself 70+ is high, just beacuse my higier skill is only 66, but i would say it all depends on a person own way of look it =P

siul_16.png

siul_16.png

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh it is up to the individual whether a skill is high to them or not obviously a lvl 138 thats been playing since the dawn of time is gonna think nething under 90-95 is horrible but say some1 who is lvl 70 might think 70 or 80 is amazing and anything above is epic as for the lvl 3 compared to todays standards with all the lvl 3 skillers those skills aint that great but if they have only been playin for a month or 2 id say (not knowing wat kind of xp an average lvl 3 skiller or the best skillers get) that those lvls r pretty good

obviously imo wether a skill is high or not does depend on wat the cb lvl is

null20defsig.jpg

Dk drops: 37 Barrows: 11 Dragon: 33 Visage: 2 Whip: 5 Dark Bow: 1

hhank_hilll.png

mmh3.jpg

17.2 is the balance number, as its the average value if all your skills are the same be it 99, 70 or 50 and so on.

have a go and let me know what you think to this, personally i think its a better way of seeing how skilled you are as i personally think a more balanced player is a higher player, as it shows skills in all areas of the game, rather than just skilling, or combat.

that is for member isn't it? i did it with my own combat lvl and it result to be 12,27... but i am f2p what it would mean for a f2p?

and for myself 70+ is high, just beacuse my higier skill is only 66, but i would say it all depends on a person own way of look it =P

I think (could be wrong, here) that the dividing line on f2p is 11.89. So you would be skilling oriented if I'm correct, and I'm just slightly combat oriented, at 11.7.

On topic of what is 'high' I agree with whoever said any skill in the top 10k of that skill. Or at least i agree with using the hiscores rather than picking a number (like 80 or 90) and applying it to all skills. Not entirely sure if I agree with 10k, but I guess it's as good as any.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

For the person who said there's about 50k people with 99 fm, there's actually about 16.4k

my mistake, i meant fletch. i was thinking fm for something else :wall:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I can see both sides of the argument.

Really, no, those skills wouldn't be considered high, because anyone could get them up no matter what combat level the player is.

However, level 3s are usually seen as players who just started or haven't played much, but when you find out they have 60+ level skills, it's pretty cool.

So, basically, it really doesn't truly matter what the combat level is, but like if I saw a level 120 with only 2 hunter, it'd be a bit disappointing (for lack of a better word).

bananasrock.gif

RuneScaping since February 2005 :]

I think (could be wrong, here) that the dividing line on f2p is 11.89. So you would be skilling oriented if I'm correct, and I'm just slightly combat oriented, at 11.7.

On topic of what is 'high' I agree with whoever said any skill in the top 10k of that skill. Or at least i agree with using the hiscores rather than picking a number (like 80 or 90) and applying it to all skills. Not entirely sure if I agree with 10k, but I guess it's as good as any.

yeah! i am skilling oriented! i should train more my skills to be more skiller =P now i think u are right it should be from the 10k highscore, or maybe 5k... ah... 10k should be enough

siul_16.png

siul_16.png

90+ is the low-end of "high" imo, Jagex are still stuck back in 2001 where they think "Level 70" is high for RS2, quite stupid really considering you can get 1-70 in like 30 hours max?

Get 70 farming in 30 hours.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

yeah! i am skilling oriented! i should train more my skills to be more skiller =P now i think u are right it should be from the 10k highscore, or maybe 5k... ah... 10k should be enough

Well, with 10k, the lowest level to be considered "high" is 75, and that's in construction. Almost all are in the 80's or 90's, which is about what most people are labeling high. So I think 10k works nicely.

ab38dfd9d8.png

bluehooloovo.png

bluehooloovo.png

[hide=]

The light at the end of the tunnel is the demon-infested lava pit.

blue = sad

hoo = who

loo = 100

vo = broken ice cream cone = sad children = sad babies = dead babies

bluehooloovo = sadwho100deadbabies = Who is sad about 100 dead babies?

I've cracked the code!

[/hide]Blog

i say having all round same lvl skills is considered high

take me for ex.

if i didnt "waste" all my time on all those "useless skills" i could have say 90+ in one skill such as magic/ strength etc. yes other skills vital to cmb and must be high i say 40 is the milestone and 70 is high and 90+ is insane (especially f2p) dont beleive me

here is ex

traingin cmb u have to buy lobbys/sharks/monkfish

as opposed to getting ur fish and cook high and doing it urself (nice profit too)

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

i think high is very subjective...a level 138 with 50 slayer would be considered low but a level 3 with 50 slayer would probably be considered quite high. all depends on how hard the skill is to train. i wouldn't consider 80 wc high cause it's not even in the top 100k ranks but 80 mining would be quite high so in order to be considered high i would say above 100k ranks for some common skills like fletch, wc and above 50k for the others.

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

a skill should be considered high, when you feel happy with it, not when others do

for example, i was happy with my 'high' combat when I finally hit 110 members and 100 ftp

I was also happy with my 'high' attack (level 90) and when I got all skills 50+ along with 1700 total :thumbsup:

but any woodcut or cook levels below 99 are low imo ;) :lol:

overall I am happy with my stats, seeing as I've only had a year's membership so far ::'

You only live twice. Once when you are born and once when you look death in the face.

Do not fear Death. Death is always at our side. When we show fear, it jumps at us faster than light. But, if we do not show fear, it casts its eye upon us gently and then guides us into infinity...

90+ is the low-end of "high" imo, Jagex are still stuck back in 2001 where they think "Level 70" is high for RS2, quite stupid really considering you can get 1-70 in like 30 hours max?

Get 70 farming in 30 hours.

The actual time spent on farming 1-70 is under 30 hours. I myself am getting 62k farming xp/day, spending about 40 minutes total on it.

2dvjurb.png

i would say 80 is about where a skill SHOULD be. 85+ is where it starts to get high-ish

you have to take into consideration right around 82-85 is 3mil exp. A considerable amount for some skills. Of course 80 fletch/cook not high, but other skills like RC

yeah, im not at all like that either, hardly any of my skills are 80-85. but still, i get by with what i need to do.

i think a high lv skill now a days would be like 93-95 plus before skill capes it would be over 80 because nobody had motivation to make their skills high unless if it was monetary gain before the current date

it was rare and awesome to see a lv 3 wearing a party hat and having 99 woodcutting and wearing lots of expensive things

but its become more common place now since players what to peruse that awesomeness

high combat helps some skills as you said like slayer and everything but is not necessary cutting trees safe in seers or mineing a rune rock unless you train in more secluded areas like the wilderness mining rune

but in conclusion i find that being a pure skiller would be much more boring then a combat oriented player and i see no need to be a pure skiller to buy expensive things at a low lv if u cant ware any of it besides items with no requirements if you fight the obvious purpose would be to make ur self stronger with those items or make more money with those skills but if u cant fight anything stronger then a lv 10 why have 99 woodcutting and millions of gold or like 30 whips that you cant use

however any skill over 90 or so would be high because all need the same amount of experience most skills relate to one another

in the long run skills help you in combat more then combat helps your skills their are some exceptions but i see it as skills help u make money or get supply to make combat higer but if ur a pure ur just making money to make it or just gettign exp to have it

so...i dont know ware i was going with this i lost myself ignore this post :lol:

spending a lifetime dreaming of her

warewolf135.png

"show me what its like to dream in black and white"

spelling is my greatest weakness >.<

"hey hey stupidity got us into a economic crises maybe it can get us out of one!"

proud player since late 2003 (taking only 3 breaks from the game)

a skill should be considered high, when you feel happy with it, not when others do

for example, i was happy with my 'high' combat when I finally hit 110 members and 100 ftp

I was also happy with my 'high' attack (level 90) and when I got all skills 50+ along with 1700 total :thumbsup:

but any woodcut or cook levels below 99 are low imo ;) :lol:

overall I am happy with my stats, seeing as I've only had a year's membership so far ::'

YES. Definitely. :thumbsup:

I also agree with anyone who says that balanced skills are good. I always try to keep my magic/attack/defence/range/strength within a couple levels of each other, mostly for the fun but partly so I can use controlled and know that they'll all level within a couple kills of each other. I also keep levels that depend on each other (firemaking, woodcutting; mining, smithing/smelting) within a few levels... Makes everything cheaper if I can just make stuff instead of buying it.

Balance may be power, but chaos is still pretty damn fun.

Lielac.png

Canada can't be second rate, polar bears are their main mode of transportation.

Combat lvl is usually oriented in the game with experience. This is because it is difficult and time consuming to get high lvl. So, people generally consider a high lvl to have high skills as well even if they don't involve combat. I do agree with you though. People have lower expectations of lower lvls because they lack experience. I personally think a lvl 3 with 99 stats in non combat skills like hunting really isn't that impressive. I think its kinda cool, but more of a waste of time lol. I only have a main though.

Marceno2.gif

Marceno2.png

i think all members only skills are high at level 75 and the non member skills are high at 70 but thats jsut me

I think there would be some exceptions to that rule though. 75 Slayer is much harder to get than 70 Firemaking.

I think that a level is considered "high" based on how many other players have achieved that level. For example when summoning first came out, everybody who was at level 50+ within the first two days was considered to have a very high level because nobody else had it. Now with more people summoning, 50 is not high at all.

It is hard to put a number on what is considered "high" but I would consider somebody in the top 50,000 in the high scores to be a high leveled.

[spoiler=Goals]GeneralTedd.png

GeneralTedd.pngGeneralTedd.png

[] 30m

[] Chaotic Rapier

[] Chaotic Crossbow

[] Chaotic Kiteshield

[] 50m

[] D Claws