WARNING: scam site will steal your account [UPDATE]

Another attempt in General Discussion lucky mods cleared it fast. #-o :wall:

yea.

can mods just IP ban these account makers?

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another attempt in General Discussion lucky mods cleared it fast. #-o :wall:

yea.

can mods just IP ban these account makers?

It's called a proxy, and dial-up. Dial-up gives you a random ip every time you go online, and the only way to stop them from getting on is banning a range if IPs, which may also ban innocent users, which is why they usually won't choose this course of action.

Then we go to proxies, which are basically (usually illegal) ways to change your ip on the go. So if you ip ban them, they just move to another proxy. You can get access to thousands of proxies easily, and it's impossible to ban every proxy address, as new ones are being created all the time.

These kids are bright enough to take advantage of this too, as you can see at least the chat log posted by..uhh...someone..lol, can't remember who. But anyways, IP banning isn't as simple as you people think it is.

[hide=Funny Quotes]

So you sucker punched a kid in the back of the head? Good job.
What scares me is that you're like 10 years old.
-.- im not that freaking young
You were a couple years ago.
It's not racist if its true.
Hmm... I wonder how one goes about throwing someone out a window in a mystic fashion :-k

The mental image for that is freaking awesome.

[/hide]

- I dont need to "get a life." I'm a gamer - I have LOTS of lives!

I wish there was a way I could help the people who got hacked, I know how it feels. :(

I hope nobody else falls for this, and for those who have, I hope you get your accounts back. <3:

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

How sad, I was away for a few days, and I thought that this would have dramatically decreased. How wrong I was :|

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

That's because it was just an example that I put in to demonstrate how the trick works. ;)

http://www.scamsite.com doesn't exist at all.

maybe I should make it then... :mrgreen:

It is already registered to someone in Clearwater, Florida.

Wait, FLORIDA?

That's where the hacker dude lives, y'know.

Wow, what a douche, eh?

At least up here in Canada we're too busy freezing our (bleep)ing arses off. :lol:

Mod Edit ~Please don't post n just one colour

alextg.png

gridblack.png

maybe they can ban the computer based on some sort of i.d. When drawball got fixed I know they did it based on your computer instead of ip, so if you were a vandal you were gone for good. Is there any possible way to do this?

you mean the M.A.C. number? I am sure they can.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

I hope this scammers feet catch fire and eye's pop out.

EDIT:

Hacking is illigal, knowing greedy jagex (and the fact they kno roughly where this scammer lives) they would sue him and make a few thousand dollers

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

EDIT:

Hacking is illigal, knowing greedy jagex (and the fact they kno roughly where this scammer lives) they would sue him and make a few thousand dollers

How would they know where he lives? And do you know how complicated it would be to sue then if they don't live in the UK, especially since Jagex's game servers are hosted in so many different countries.

EDIT:

How would they know where he lives? And do you know how complicated it would be to sue then if they don't live in the UK, especially since Jagex's game servers are hosted in so many different countries.

track i.p?

It may be hard, but all proxy sites have a way to get round them.

tipit_grid1.png

2,274th person to 99 mining

track i.p?

Your assuming he's loging in to the account he's stealing and not selling them or given them away. Your also assuming he's loging in from his home computer and not from a library/school/internet cafe or anything else that has computers and internet.

track i.p?

Your assuming he's loging in to the account he's stealing and not selling them or given them away. Your also assuming he's loging in from his home computer and not from a library/school/internet cafe or anything else that has computers and internet.

well its going to be a lil bit more complicated than that assuming that they are smart.there prolly using proxies to logg in and out of tha site there using. sadly i do know how there doing it and yes there going to be a lil harder to catch than what it appears ,because there are more than 1 way to hide ip addresses and taking that there stealing passwords there using keyloggers with a snd back folder. no im not part of what there doing but i would think i might help to tell u how they might be doing it. jus gotta wait for 1 of them to slip up. so a tip go to a friends house or where ever there is a nice stable comp, and change ur stuff there becuase if u do it with an infected comp ur going to jus end up giving to it to them anyhow. remember run virus scanns shell kit scanns any scann u can really get ur hands on.expecially key logger scanns. hope that helps

well its going to be a lil bit more complicated than that assuming that they are smart.there prolly using proxies to logg in and out of tha site there using. sadly i do know how there doing it and yes there going to be a lil harder to catch than what it appears ,because there are more than 1 way to hide ip addresses and taking that there stealing passwords there using keyloggers with a snd back folder. no im not part of what there doing but i would think i might help to tell u how they might be doing it. jus gotta wait for 1 of them to slip up. so a tip go to a friends house or where ever there is a nice stable comp, and change ur stuff there becuase if u do it with an infected comp ur going to jus end up giving to it to them anyhow. remember run virus scanns shell kit scanns any scann u can really get ur hands on.expecially key logger scanns. hope that helps

As far as I can tell there aren't any keyloggers, so as long as you don't put your login details into the fake login box you should be fine.

EDIT:

If they were to sue every single person who committed an illegal act on RS, they would have to pay to make more courts.

sina_j.png

Hacked on January 5, 2007 --> Lost: 56.4M, Santa Hat, Purple Partyhat, Green Partyhat, Christmas Cracker

people who get rich and do it legit like joob and I always get f'd over in the end.

Have you tried IP banning them?

I think its more than one person :(

Maybe forbid people below 50 post-counts to post links in their posts (is that even possible to control?).

I ddn't bother looking at pages 2-8, but just to say it, I might be visiting this forum several times a week now =P

It's possible, anything is literally possible on forums, they just have to play around with codes and portals. If it's not possible on THIS forum, than I am offiically declaring MFF to povide more add-ons than this forum.

for the last time, guys, look at the adress bar before you type in your password anywhere.

Death should not be taken as 'the end,' but a very effective way to cut down taxes.

Looks like I picked the PERFECT time to pretty much quit.

I mean afterall, thats all I would usually wind up doing lately. Get on RS, realize I have done way to much slayer and have all the 99s I want...try to do some skills...get bored after 30 minutes and mull around on forums for about as long and thus end my day of RS.

Surely in those 30 minutes I would have been tempted to click this to back up Zezima, seemed like an ok guy to me a while back and we had a nice little chat slaying waterfiends :lol: I almost even got him to suggest one of my ideas on the forums, seeing as how his name would draw more attention and support. :lol:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Looks like I picked the PERFECT time to pretty much quit.

I mean afterall, thats all I would usually wind up doing lately. Get on RS, realize I have done way to much slayer and have all the 99s I want...try to do some skills...get bored after 30 minutes and mull around on forums for about as long and thus end my day of RS.

Surely in those 30 minutes I would have been tempted to click this to back up Zezima, seemed like an ok guy to me a while back and we had a nice little chat slaying waterfiends :lol: I almost even got him to suggest one of my ideas on the forums, seeing as how his name would draw more attention and support. :lol:

But then you realized his name was Zezima1 and logged out.

Well I'm glad you caught this warning instead of coming face to face with the scam site. ::'

sina_j.png

Just reported 6 topics in different forums by another guy :evil:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I've been researching, there should be a way to make the censor a bit more complicated, so you could censor something like this: (I'm not much into preg_match(), just putting it simply :P )

[url=http://*]http://www.*[/url]

This would make so that users can't trick others into clicking http:// links that start with http://www., only allowing direct links or links that aren't made of urls, making so that the user knows to check the link.

Put a bit simpler, this wouldn't work: http://www.runescape.com/

C2b6gs7.png