WARNING: scam site will steal your account [UPDATE]

Now I finaly remember where I saw the related info on phishing, its here, lol.

I posted a thread about how to report hackers in general section, but it seems that one of my friend might have fallen victim to those scamming topic, and now a hacker is using his account doing god knows what. (The hackers just casually told me that he is currently using my friends, or rather, hacking his account now)

So I reported the account hopefully get it lock so my friends account dont take further abuse, but is there more of an offical way to report hacked account so they dont get black marks until the rightful owner get them back later on?

Someone on the thread mentioned that you can post something on RS forum, and mods might investigate, but how does F2P report hackers then since they have no access to forum?

a happy Runescaper

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Meh, here's one scammer that needs lessons.

[hide=Scammer fail]tifailcn0.png

I blocked out the scammers name and the scam url. But the sheer stupidity... :lol:[/hide]

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Meh, here's one scammer that needs lessons.

[hide=Scammer fail]tifailcn0.png

I blocked out the scammers name and the scam url. But the sheer stupidity... :lol:[/hide]

Hey, at least he was reported within 30 seconds of posting because of King (I think thats his tif name?) I know that somebody probably clicked the link though despite all these warnings.

Hey, at least he was reported within 30 seconds of posting because of King (I think thats his tif name?)

Your mean me?

These guys are so annoying, and one of them already made 12 topics like that...

Byzantus.png

THere's plenty of scam sites. Theres one called Mod Edit - Link removed... please use some common sense which is supposedly a clan site and they tell u to click on "join us" which will take u to a fake runescape site which looks exaclty the same. the whole deal is that they want you to sign in to post a comment thus stealing your password and screwing you. They almost had me, but guess what? im too smart for them suckers!! haha.

pulli23 has written an excellent guide on protection against phishing, and you would be wise to take a gander at it.

You know them over-doing it recently is actually a stupid thing by them. The more they do it, the more people learn not to fall for it, and the less people they will get to fall for it.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

That's because it was just an example that I put in to demonstrate how the trick works. ;)

http://www.scamsite.com doesn't exist at all.

maybe I should make it then... :mrgreen:

It is already registered to someone in Clearwater, Florida.

~Dan64Au

Since 27 Aug 2002

I think they tend to aim for that first wave of victim, they know that people will eventually adapt, and thats where they will think new ones, which is bad

Again, always use common sense, and just use official link bookmark method. That always works for me

a happy Runescaper

[removed]

:-s what? Don't tell me that's another scam/keylogger site.. considering the poster has no posts..

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Another attempt in General Discussion lucky mods cleared it fast. #-o :wall:

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Seems there getting desperate to steal accounts, but why only just now? :-k

One got thwarted on "Rants" yesterday, didnt take long for it to get deleted so at least the Mods/Admins are watch'n our backs. ::'

Popoto.~<3