Tip.It Times Presents: Double Feature!

n_odie

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I didn't much like either. Both pretty much stated the obvious to me. I think that since beginning the guest articles, while they're supposed to be very interesting, they're not. No offense to the writers, I just think they've not been as great.

I think telo block would be great in f2p. I thought it was till i read this article. It was kinda disappointing to here. Also I really would like to read what the "honour system" is. I'd like to pk, but I want to know the rules.

There are no rules.

Best way to learn to pk is to take what you don't care about losing, good food for your combat level, and just keep trying till you perfect your own play style.

All downhill from there.

I'm not gonna lie, the first atricle was long, drawn out, and pointless. If you don't like people teleporting, then get 85 magic and quit complaining. 2/10

The second atricle was ok, although, I do enjoy having a clan chat for my clan.Although, I do miss seeing a flood of green dots, oh well. 8/10

Sir_Redhead.png

Gained first quest cape on 3/22/09! Gained 99 fishing 5/22/09!

I forgot when I got 99 cooking!

Proud member of Jovial Rovers

I think telo block would be great in f2p. I thought it was till i read this article. It was kinda disappointing to here. Also I really would like to read what the "honour system" is. I'd like to pk, but I want to know the rules.

As far as I can tell with most PK'ers the rules are:

1) If you use Prayer you are a prayer noob and shouldn't be on a PVP world.

even though prayer is a combat related skill, (that's why your combat level goes up when you level it)

2) if you have higher defense than the person attacking you, you are a defense noob, and shouldn't be on a PVP world

even though defense is a combat related skill, (that's why your combat level goes up when you level it)

3) if you have Better Range, you are a Range noob, and shouldn't be on a PVP world

4) If you use magic more effectively, you are a mage noob and shouldn't be on a PVP world.

5) If you eat food, your a "Safer" and don't belong on a PVP world

6) If you use potions You're a "potter" and don't belong on a PVP world

7) If you Fight to the end.. but use a protect item prayer.. you're not only a Prayer Noob, but a ONE ITEM prayer noob... This give you two reasons that you shouldn't be on a PVP world.

8) If you fight back... and win... you a noob, and don't belong on a PVP world

9) if you fight back... and die.. you wasted the PK'ers food. You're allowed to be there (since you died), but you'll be frowned on by other PK'ers because you cost them money.

10) If you don't fight back, but have no weapons or armor, you wasted the time of the PK'er, and don't belong on a PVP world

11) If you are fighting, and are told "other rules" and don't follow them, you've broken the code of PK'ing, and don't belong on a PVP world

12) If you are fighting, and you want to say..."I have this rule..." you're a noob, and don't belong on a PVP world.

13) if you run, and live, your a noob

14) if you run and die, your a noob

15) if you teleport and live, your a noob

16) if you teleport and die, your a noob (this one might actually be true)

17) if you use teleblock, your a noob.

18) if you get teleblocked, you get laughed at, and are still a noob.

19) If you Have Full Dragon Armor, a Gawd sword, 14 P-hats in your pack, and the rest of your inventory is Santa Hats and halloween masks, have auto-retaliate turned off, and thank the PK'er for "lightening the load" just before you die... You're free to hang out as long as you want... but you're still a noob.

I think that pretty much covers all of them. All the goofy rules that PVP pures have come up with just amaze me... "Hey you can't use that... cuz that might help you win... " Bah.. bunch of whiners...

My Skiller - 7opper - http://myskiller.wordpress.com

7opper.png

As I'm not much of a pker, I didn't spend much time reading the first part, but Mirror's article said what I've been thinking ever since I came back to RS. A year ago there was clanchat already, but still, people spent time at Edge because all that system was a mess. Not tech wise, but people couldn't decide where to go. All their friends sat in different clanchats etc. But now, I came back at early october or late september and first thing I did was - I teleported to Edge to get all my friends back in my friendlist. There were none. None at all. Not one, single friend of mine. What the hell? When I FMed on Prof and was about to level, all I had to do was yell at bank that I'm leveling. Half the bank came out. Now? If Im about to level something I can be happy to get one person to come and congratulate me. Rest are like: "Sorry mate, much as I'd want, can't do that, I'm busy. About to level." Blah, blah, blah. If you wanted, you'd come. I still will spend best of my time to log to a friend's world, teleport to him and wait till he levels. Not anymore. But that's just the tip of the iceberg I could live with. But thing is, people rather rarely even talk on PM. Sure, I have some good friends who'll always talk to me, but not all of them! I either get ignored and replied 5-10 mins later when I've forgotten what I said or get something like, "Sorry, I'm a bit busy. Come to my clanchat, then I'll talk.". Seriously, that's just not nice. It's darn rude, mate, RUDE! After something like that I'd rather delete you than walk in your clanchat.

Anyway, that's my 2 coins, Freaky Out.

P.S.: Every single person who has ever known PROFINS before, do add Freakybat_Lv and send me a hyt or something. I really miss all the green spots on friendlist, I really do.

Profins.png

specty.png

Good articles. I don't know much about pking, so perhaps this is a lame suggestion, but what if Jagex made PvP worlds where all teleporting spells were disabled? Then all those who doesn't like teleporting could go there and fight without any of them teleporting. Or perhaps Jagex could make it so that you had a special pk window, where you could pick "No teleporting". And then you could see who had this by perhaps a symbol, like the skull one, over their head.

Anyway, I'm almost never pking, so I'm happy teleporting is here. It makes RS so much easier for me :) :thumbsup:

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

i understand what was said in the second article but while i think alot of people who used to meet ingame now just use clan chat i dissagree with the idea of people not using irc ( i use irc heavily my self since its fast and easy to talk to people not on multiple worlds but event thoes in compleatly different games

siggykilljoyfulykomppsmg6.jpg

Wasnt my fav. read lol i am a pker on my main and have a skiller so teleporting is half and half for me lolz but i must admit on my pker i ALWAYS have a lummy/varrock teletab in my invent jusy on case lol :-# but as i said not the best read :(

craiglock1.png

CRAIGLOCK1.png

oO.png

Underbannerfinished.png