Tip.It Times Presents: Double Feature!

n_odie

This week we have, not only one guest article, but two!

The first article, Teleporting; A Skiller's Dream & A Pker's Nightmare by skatedog111, covers the effect that teleporting had on PvP'ing and the issues it brings to the new PvP worlds.

There has always been loads of discussion on Player-Versus-Player tactics, and there always will be. The ability to form your own rules on PvP, and then argue or discuss such ideals with other members of the community youre centered around in, is just too great of an addiction to pass up. Whether its...

The second article, Updates with an Extra Change of Mindset by Mirrorforced, discusses how major updates can affect the Runescape community. From the Grand Exchange to Clan Chat, every update has its toll. Positive or negative it's up to you!

If you have played Runescape for at least six months to a year, you are generally able to distinguish changes in both game play and what forum users like to call generation shifts. There are also those main in game improvements that help spur these changes. Such things as the Grand Exchange and Trade Limitations...

Enjoy both guest articles!

~Odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=D Something to read=D. This one was nice and long. PvP does need changing for sure, just like bounty hunter did(although it's still broken).

the second one was interesting.

On a side note, the "did you know?" is wrong. Your magic menu is only disabled if you are a monkey, if you change back to human form, your magic menu returns.

www.littlefolkspuzzlepersistentillusion.fileswww.animals-in-

k1tt3h$ f0r t3h w1ns!

On a side note, the "did you know?" is wrong. Your magic menu is only disabled if you are a monkey, if you change back to human form, your magic menu returns.

Thanks for the catch! Added the addition of monkeyness. :D

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

I do miss having friends to hang around with in W99, but without the introduction of clan chats, I wouldn't really have that many friends :?

The introduction of clan chats took the constant grinding of skills and combat, and added my friends into it where ever I went. Without that, I most likely would have quit out of boredom :?

Nice read for both articles :)

sheysigvv9.png

Don't view my posts based on my post count, I'm a Tip.It lurker ;)

The first thing that has to be changed is that people can just drop all their stuff while being skulled and tbed. And come back and pick them up after they died. This is a way bigger problem than just teletubbies, they've always been there. Because before when people dropped items when they knew they were going to die the pker could pick up the drops before the died person could return.

If you have a skilled clan, you can tb and kill people easily if you scout well.

In Updates with an Extra Change of Mindset, it seems to suggest that Clan Chats have brought people further apart. However, it has also set some closer together. For many, it's led to friendships. People that I would not normally converse with or see are brought one step closer. And, not everyone is willing to stand and talk, so that's only brought them into the mix. Members and non members alike are able to join in on a conversation.

I think it's brought more people together. Way more.

cliffside1ra5.png

The thing in Updates with an Extra Change of Mindset about edgeville bank actually only apply to a few persons, namelly the tip.it'ers... for most other players it made a huge social inpact to the game... i met alot of new persons, some of them even the ones i talk to the most, because of the cc's... so for me it was a massive improvement...

i never played in the tip.it homeworld so i can't say i know how it was there before but i can imagine it was extremelly nice way of meeting up with each other in that way so i understand the point of view the author is trying to share with us :)

First one was good but the second one.. Meh. "Back in the old days.." articles just annoy me.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

IGNORANT, THOUGHTLESS, SELF-CENTERED, 1 MINDED SET, PROJECTING ALL 5MIL+ USERS THOUGHTS INTO skatedog111.

===============================================================

Sorry but once again I find myself reading ignorant posts. Dude stop being a crybaby!

SO MANY THINGS WRONG WITH YOUR POST!

First, like it or not that's one of the reasons ppl raise their mage, LMFAO!!!!, you want it all just like the typical self-centered pker, you want it all for you and none for the rest.

"Perhaps they could induce penalties to those that Teleport, or finally give into the need of a Teleblock like spell for F2Pers, as there are tons of P2P customers who enjoy F2P more so than P2P PvP."

You want no teleporting, go to mem where u can get spec'd. You think it would be fair to take away teleporting thus taking away ppls earned mage lvls but still want to be able to say use rune weapons in f2p. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE? Oh, in that reality the one jagex has created, mage still gets their lvls.

"Even if they were to make a world where you could not Teleport, would be a step in the right direction"

Okay so would this world not allow spec's, daggers, scimmy's or shortbows?

CONTRADICTIONS:

"This emotion that would formulate while hunting someone out at the legendary Castles or Hills was why pures, mains and really anyone could get hooked on PvP. Its why there were so many PvPers out there daily, losing their money regularly"

So losing money is okay b/c the risk, the emotion derived is why ppl pking then, NOT for income.

"You arent getting kills, thus you arent making money from that food, pots or arrows"

Yet then you whine and cry about not making any money, BUT WAIT!!!, didn't you just say, your words, that pvp was for the emotion, the fun? Everytime you step out of the safe areas that emtion kicks in, now you want money as well? Make your mind up!

"This is the main reason why those who do Teleport usually do not PvP for a long time, only try it a minimal amount of times, or do not like the emotion"

Wow, now your speaking for all the players in runescape, a mind reader you must be, or maybe its that self-centered, me me me, only way to think and behave in life is the way I think and behave in life, thus this is the only reason why ppl teleport.

"Right now, weve just examined the true cause of the lack of popularity of PvP Worlds."

There you go again, speaking for the minds of all 5 million+ accounts, wtg GOD, hey what is the winning lotto number tomorrow? I mean seriously if you can speak out of your ... and tell us all why for a fact that ppl are not in pvp worlds.

"Theres no one to kill, and when you do, youre not guaranteed a worthwhile drop"

There you go again, wanting emotion and excitment and guaranteed me me me , income.

"People are losing money through PvP because of this and thus the majority of the old PvPers who could make money from kills, and cant be bothered to skill for money"

A choice pvp'ers make, to take emotion over gp. Wait a second, why can't a pvp be "bothered" to skill for money, DO YOU SERIOUSLY CONSIDER YOURSELF BETTER THAN SKILLERS? According to your worlds you think are better than skillers, like your "me me me" complex you are better than everyone else in life and that your time is worth more and that you can't be bothered with spending hours to make money like the rest of runescape.

If you want ful pvp worlds, ask jagex for safe words, where you get nothing from the drop, the dead player loses nothing from the drop, and thus ppl are not bothered to tele away b/c they can have the "fun" of pvp'ing without the "disappointment" of losing money. NO BODY LIKES TO LOSE STUFF, THUS RISK IS NOT FUN TO MOST PPL. Just go look at the clan wars risk vrs safe portals. And yes you can get food, pots, and arrows back from kills in the risk portal, one of your very arguments a second ago. Which one is full and which one hardly has any ppl in it?

Which method then do most ppl perfer? Risk to gain resources back to continue pking, or fun pking even though wasting arrows, food, pots, runes for nothing in return but the simple excitment of pvp.

"You no longer can just walk into a PvP Area and expect a fair fight with someone."

HELLO!!!! Pures and in their very existance created to have the "UNfair ADVANTAGE" over the other player, plz STHU noob!

"RuneScape suffers with fear. This fear, or the ability to not control exactly who you can attack within a reasonable combat level"

Umm just lvl 5 wild allowed someone to attack you +5 and lvl 15 wow +15 cb lvls, plz how is this any different, again someone whinning b/c they want it all, and the other person to have nothing.

"You are now vulnerable to be killed by those much higher than you."

LMFAO!!!! READ ABOVE, LIKE THE OLD WILD WAS ANY DIFFERENT.

Just a mere lvl 20 wild could get attacked by someone 20 lvls higher than you, OMG!!!!

If Jagex wants to make these PvP Worlds more acceptable, or reasonable to play in, they need to implement features that counteract these effects.

WRONG!!! AGain, pvp worlds would be stacked full of ppl , IF, they knew they would lose NOTHING! Why? B/c unlike your "botheredness" to skill to make money, most ppl are not too good to go skill to make money and thus can enjoy just pking for fun, WOW I KNOW A COMPLEX CONCEPT FOR A SELF-CENTERED ME ME ME PERSON LIKE YOU!

"Just think if your fish, ore, or plants could Teleport away while trying to obtain them, what kind of RuneScape would we be in then!"

OKay lets see, when ppl pile a tree you wc slower, fish spawns just dissappear even though the player has been trying to catch a fish for the last 30 seconds (bout how long it would take a lower lvl none pure to tele away from pvp'er)

Umm, since your too good to skill and can't be "bothered" skilling, you have no experience with trying to get an ore, swinging away for what feels like an hour only to have another player walk up and "take" the ore from you, getting the rock b/c they have a higher lvl in mining, or just got lucky.

You wouldn't know what it feels like to be swing your axe at a tree trying to get that log and only come up empty handed b/c the other ppl cutting got the logs, thus wasting your time gaining nothing.

I know in your world, you are the center of the universe, you think its all unfair to you b/c you don't have those extra advantages over people.

Sorry this is the worst post ever, how it even made the main page amazes me!

Skillers have the same down sides, constantly trying to find a clear area to gather reasources or fight a monster, and yet you act like the skillers got it all and your just hung out to dry.

PVP will always cost money if you chose to eat, pot, and cb other than melee, but you gain fun, excitment, the interaction of a character adapting to your attack, rather than just standing behind a chair unable to attack or eat.

PVP is for the fun and excitement. Tough luck that you can no longer "get rich quick" from pking, thats why there are 16 other skills in the game, far outnumbering the cb skills.

GET A LIFE.

I definitely agreed with the second article, although I really love the clan chat system and wouldn't give it up. The first was well written, but I don't entirely share the views, aside from possibly the teleblocking in f2p pvp.. Although, when I think about that I realize that kills would be far too easy then.

Well written articles, thanks for your views. ::'

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

I can't say I agree with the teleporting one at all. There is a spell to stop players for teleporting which ends the discussion right now. But if you don't bring that spell's runes you are dependant on lucky hits now which are aided by your attack and strength levels. Players who can't kill people who teleport whine about it and invented honor pking. How about overcoming instead of whining about it? Train your attack and strength and get to the point where you can k0 someone from 60hp in a special. Basically I'm saying the writer is just whining in the form of a article. I don't know his attack and strength levels but if they are anyless than 99 then he has no grounds to complain. Also if he has 85+ magic then he should bring teleport block runes with him sure they use 3 inv spaces but atleast you have a higher chance at a kill. Furthermore when he says it's only clan pking he is wrong. There is alot of honor pkers just like him who don't teleport so there is your fair fight. To sum it up: Quti whining your honor pkers and overcome by bring teleblock, getting 99 att and str, or go to BH. I know someone will say "but teleblock splashes". It does splash sometimes but it usually hits if your casting it on someone in melee armour. Also someone will talk about veng>teleblock. If so then get 99 att+str and hit over 60 in your dds or ags specials.

EDIT: Seeing Stakedog's stats just amazed me that he could even write an article about pking. Sure people teleport if he faces people his stats.He hasn't even tried to overcome since he can't hit more than 20 so no k0 factor there. Also he can't TB so thats out. His only choice is BH to overcome people who tele. So he still has an option since there is not many honor pkers at his level.

Teleporting is part of the game go to BH or overcome it.

The 2nd article is so true. There used to be days when you just sat around with your buds and chatted or did something. Now everyone has the time is money attitude and just likes to chat with CC or skill skill skill till their hand falls off.

Just a note,

Writing about controversial topics will just lead to one side flaming the other side and vise versa. Also the first article has no backbone it's just a statement with a bit of support. Also I must have missed the whole skillers dream part. With his logic of no kills no profit it's a skillers nightmare since pkers have to skill to make money to pk so there's his arguement down the tubes. I'd have to say this is evidence to support the previous topic that the articles are going down the tubes. If the articles are anything like this first one in the double feature I might just stop reading them all together.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Both were good reads.

Not really any point in making an article about pvp in a place like Tip.It though, most of the users here cannot comprehend why pkers dislike teleporters, you will get constant comments like 'oh, teleporting/1 iteming/general NH acts are all in the game jagex put them there to be used get over it'.

Zerker_jane.png

as the guy above above above ... above said - (and as I said few times in the past)

save pvp world = much pkers = more fun = no need for 1 itemers , teleing , protection prayers etc ..

but most of the pkers cannot comprehend why we want the save pvp world ...

Well written articles, although I can't relate to the bottom one... =D>

I agree with a lot of the things he said in the pvp article. Most of you remember the wildy; sure it had its flaws, but think of all the good times we had there. I doubt many of you would remember me, but back in 05 or so I was a decent pker and made a good enough profit that I didn't have to mine coal. Why did it go away in the first place? After my extended break, I tried to pk there,but there was no "attack" option :ohnoes:

I've tried pking on the pvp worlds, but there is literally no way to make a profit. Personally, I believe that one fix could be if you are carrying x amount of gp, you shouldn't be able to teleport. Also, you automatically get the 3 most expensive items they don't get+ the crap that the pvp worlds give you.

@ All you People Whining about the PVP article; I bet you are the people that deliberatly try to ruin fun for other people as well. Yeah, the 1-itemer pjers, the people who attack you to waste your food and arrows, the ones that run away from anyone of their own level and will only attack if there is a 7 or 8 level difference. Yeah?

If you had read the entire article, you would see that he was addressing f2p. Yeah, no teleblock there. If you disagree with the article, I'm sorry but you must either be:

A) Here to flame

B) Not too experienced with F2P PVP Worlds

C) Mentally Handicapped.

Take your pick.

*Hides under a rock for the incomng flame fest* :ohnoes:

EDIT: Hell, can't we just bring back the wildy?

Well written articles, although I can't relate to the bottom one... =D>

I agree with a lot of the things he said in the pvp article. Most of you remember the wildy; sure it had its flaws, but think of all the good times we had there. I doubt many of you would remember me, but back in 05 or so I was a decent pker and made a good enough profit that I didn't have to mine coal. Why did it go away in the first place? After my extended break, I tried to pk there,but there was no "attack" option :ohnoes:

I've tried pking on the pvp worlds, but there is literally no way to make a profit. Personally, I believe that one fix could be if you are carrying x amount of gp, you shouldn't be able to teleport. Also, you automatically get the 3 most expensive items they don't get+ the crap that the pvp worlds give you.

@ All you People Whining about the PVP article; I bet you are the people that deliberatly try to ruin fun for other people as well. Yeah, the 1-itemer pjers, the people who attack you to waste your food and arrows, the ones that run away from anyone of their own level and will only attack if there is a 7 or 8 level difference. Yeah?

If you had read the entire article, you would see that he was addressing f2p. Yeah, no teleblock there. If you disagree with the article, I'm sorry but you must either be:

A) Here to flame

B) Not too experienced with F2P PVP Worlds

C) Mentally Handicapped.

Take your pick.

*Hides under a rock for the incomng flame fest* :ohnoes:

EDIT: Hell, can't we just bring back the wildy?

I read the article and didn't get it was all F2p until I skimmed it again to make points in my post. F2p pking has always been full of people who teleport ever since 04 when I started. No one especially in F2p want to lose their items because it's hard to regain cash in F2P. I have to disagree with your options I have done a fair amount of F2p pking where I don't tele because well if I lost my rune I'd just go make more. Around 7 out of 10 people teled and only 1 actually fought to the death while the other 2/10 ran. Sure back in 05 less people teleported but most people ran out of wildy when they had 3 food left if you weren't deep wildy pking. Sure there is no teleblock in F2P but you can BH and you can get 99 att+str and pull your R2h out and go for the K0. Theres always an option to own people no matter if they plan to tele or run.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

I enjoyed reading both of them.

Both editorials brought good discussions to the table.

Editorial #1)

Never did a lot of pvp, but I can teleporting can be annoying. But Master_Smither brought up a good point about overpowering the teleporters. Maybe the editor should consider that in his thoughts?

Editorial #2)

I have played even before clan chat, and I could relate to the editor to a certain extent. (I didn't join tip.it then. =/) Maybe having social meetings on a certain world at a certain time would help bring back memories? (Oh yeah, we do that -> :mrgreen: TET Events :mrgreen: )

But, here's a thought: When everybody in your clan is together , think of 'clan chat' as green dots instead of purple dots?

Keep up the good work!

:thumbup:

ZangetsuEchoSigFin.jpg

67/99/120 Invention