If you ain't done Guthix Sleeps quest don't look!

Rosanante1

I was so stunned to see the demise of the Warriors and Slayers that I didn't notice I was being attacked. My HP had got to 17 before I jumped back over the wall.

My topic is that just before Hazelmere died (got cremated to ash in fact) by Lucien, he said something like.

"It was written this way" or "this was foreseen and couldn't be changed." Cryptically suggesting he knew all along that they couldn't beat Lucien and his army.

Just before he died there was a scene where he opened his fist and in the palm of his hand was a sort of seed or orb which began to peel or open slowly. The scene changed and pow! RIP Hazelmere. :o The hat slowly sinking to the ground brought a touch of slapstick but Hazelmere is no more. :shock:

Is there any significance do you think to what he had in his hand. Does anybody know what that was?

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Hm, Hazelmere did foresee this, at the end of path of glouphrie (not 100% sure) he predicts eight heroes fighting an evil in the north and only two of them survive. The survivors would be Harallak and Mazchna.

The thing he drops could be a grand tree seed, would be interesting though why and if it was destroyed with him. Maybe it was not and this a link to the next quest where we could meet glouphrie or at least enter his hidden city.

Schedl.png

Schedl.png

Schedl.png

Schedl: I think you're right about that vision. Forgot all about that.

Taken from R/S KB:

"If you 'launch' the pod, it sends a signal (outdoor use only) into the sky, from which a gnome pilot can see you. He will appear after a short amount of time, and take you to the glider at the top of the Grand Tree. Doing this will also give 100 Farming experience."

Seems like Hazelmere was trying to send a signal to his gnome pilot perhaps for a quick but fruitless bailout.

As for Glouphrie, will have to chack out his story line again.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Thanks for ruining the quest for people that haven't done it yet with the title :shame:

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Thanks for ruining the quest for people that haven't done it yet with the title :shame:

Oops! soz. (Title now changed)

Well, I did wait a week.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Less than a week. Ruined. Cheers.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I'm pretty sure rather than the 8 "heroes" we should've just recruited Jad, probably would've won.

Yea, Jad FTW!

Lucien used Staff of armadyl (that i gave him Doh! :wall: ) Was that a mage attack or what?

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

The reason Hazel knew what was going to happen is because at the end of Path of Glouphrie he used his ONLY charge on his pod to save you from the filling room.

Thats why he said "i made my choice" his choice was to save you before hand because he knew you'd deafeat lucien

mr%20monky.png

"We shouldn't wish for easier lives, we should wish to be stronger men"

I'm pretty sure rather than the 8 "heroes" we should've just recruited Jad, probably would've won.

Yea, Jad FTW!

Lucien used Staff of armadyl (that i gave him Doh! :wall: ) Was that a mage attack or what?

Extremely similar to Lava Titan's special.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

The reason Hazel knew what was going to happen is because at the end of Path of Glouphrie he used his ONLY charge on his pod to save you from the filling room.

Thats why he said "i made my choice" his choice was to save you before hand because he knew you'd deafeat lucien

But we failed... Lucien has ascended to godhood as far as we know.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

But we failed... Lucien has ascended to godhood as far as we know.

He might build a Stargate which will teleport everyone to Mechscape. :-#

To be honest, there is a possibility that you might defeat him in the sequal.

j0xPu5R.png

Ah! It's all coming back to me now. Cheers Monky.

I expect we'll have a face-off with Lucien at some point in the not to distant future. Have faith Hazelmere, we will take revenge in your honour. :evil:

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

I expect we'll have a face-off with Lucien at some point in the not to distant future. Have faith Hazelmere, we will take revenge in your honour. :evil:

I believe it's called avenging his death.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

You might wanna put the quest's name in topic.. You just ruined it for me...

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

I believe it's called avenging his death.

AVENGE - thank you. Bit of a brain freeze there.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Just because Lucien has the Stone of Jas, doesn't mean that he's completed the ritual for Godhood that goes along with it. Quest timelines are very "fragmented" because of how they're released. I think it's unlikely he has achieved godhood yet.

...Or was the ritual visiting and obtaining the stone itself? That itself seems unlikely, or else the stone would not have been there at all since Zamorak ascended in the same way Lucien is trying to. Blargh, I'm confused now!

hzvjpwS.gif

You guys do realize that in movies and tv shows they throw cliffhangers at you, right? If old boy was opening a teleportation device, maybe he did escape, and left ashes to fool everyone. I don't know how many times in a tv show a person gets in there car and blows up, only to find out later, they survived it somehow.

I'm going to call it right now. Hazelmere survived. Some way, some how...he's still alive.

Put 20 GP on it!

[hide=WARNING!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't seen Dark Knight yet...do not look inside. Big spoiler of a plot line.]For example, in Dark Knight, Lieutenant Gordan gets shot by the Joker. They have a whole funeral and memorial service for him. Even tell his wife he is dead. Yet a week later he IS alive and has been working in the background to capture the Joker. Which gets him promoted to Commissioner Gordon...w00t!

Don't complain to me about spoilers...you were warned![/hide]

The only thing I hope is that Lucien isn't somebody we can just kill normally.

He was about to beat the strongest Warriors in the game singlehandedly, breaking Abbysal whips on his very skin, I don't want to be killing him with an Abyssal Whip in the sequel for seemingly no fair reason.

For once, I want gimmicks. >.>

Vesica_Vinco.png

Fire cape achieved - 19/12/08 | 99 Cooking achieved - 31/8/09

You guys do realize that in movies and tv shows they throw cliffhangers at you, right? If old boy was opening a teleportation device, maybe he did escape, and left ashes to fool everyone. I don't know how many times in a tv show a person gets in there car and blows up, only to find out later, they survived it somehow.

I'm going to call it right now. Hazelmere survived. Some way, some how...he's still alive.

Put 20 GP on it!

[hide=WARNING!!! SPOILER ALERT!!! If you haven't seen Dark Knight yet...do not look inside. Big spoiler of a plot line.]For example, in Dark Knight, Lieutenant Gordan gets shot by the Joker. They have a whole funeral and memorial service for him. Even tell his wife he is dead. Yet a week later he IS alive and has been working in the background to capture the Joker. Which gets him promoted to Commissioner Gordon...w00t!

Don't complain to me about spoilers...you were warned![/hide]

I like it! =D>

Brings me back to my original question about what he opened in the palm of his hand. It was a teleportation device, and maybe, just maybe he escaped.

He could read minds after all, which figures he knew what would happen.

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png