86 HP

90 Range

80 Att

74 Str

87 Def

56 Pray

91 mage

?

Pretty badly. It would work, but you'd only be able to get a few kills per trip and very slow kills.

For your case, I would suggest duoing as a ranger with a meleer. Although the finding a partner bit would be rather difficult (especially considering most people just solo). Or better, a team of 4+ people, which would be even harder to find.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How well (if at all) do you think I'd be able to solo with:

86 HP

90 Range

80 Att

74 Str

87 Def

56 Pray

91 mage

?

Pretty badly. It would work, but you'd only be able to get a few kills per trip and very slow kills.

For your case, I would suggest duoing as a ranger with a meleer. Although the finding a partner bit would be rather difficult (especially considering most people just solo). Or better, a team of 4+ people, which would be even harder to find.

Thanks, that's what I was expecting. Guess I'll forget about TD's until I decide to raise melee then

yes.png

What would you guys estimate/guesstimate the average profit/hour of TDs is?

About 5-6M per hour... I average a pair of claws every 100 kills or so, and I stay for about 20 kills per trip

:shock:

Why the hell have I been at GWD for boss monsters? :lol:

About 5-6M per hour... I average a pair of claws every 100 kills or so, and I stay for about 20 kills per trip

:shock:

Why the hell have I been at GWD for boss monsters? :lol:

GW became obsolete after WGS came out, as far as I'm concerned lol

77yLQy8.png

:shock: That sounds like you're just on a lucky streak to me. I always thought the drop rate was a lot lower.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

I definitely prefer TD's over GWD. Solo or Duo, it's way more fun, invigorating, and less frustrating without the 40 KC needed.

I really do prefer Duo over Solo: The kills are faster, it's more laid back, and enjoyable. It helps if the Ranger brings "Special transfer" if the Melee has a Godsword, and maybe even "heal other" since the Meleer is prone to take more damage.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Artemis I think your spot became obsolete today... there seems to have been a hidden update in which you can't trap that demon anymore. Demons used to stay put and never move after focusing on you and using the multi-target attack. It seems that now they'll just wander around after using the multi-target one so it's become impossible to "trap" any demons for a period longer than a minute.

77yLQy8.png

Gotta Agree with Ralph. I went with a friend this morning, and we ended up being surrounded by 4 demons, even after I ran a lap around to shake em off.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Artemis I think your spot became obsolete today... there seems to have been a hidden update in which you can't trap that demon anymore. Demons used to stay put and never move after focusing on you and using the multi-target attack. It seems that now they'll just wander around after using the multi-target one so it's become impossible to "trap" any demons for a period longer than a minute.

Some demons will do that if you're standing in certain spots. For example, if you were to try to trap the NE demon at the north rock, he won't lose focus of you. The north demon will, however. The demon in which you speak was probably a different demon to the central-western one.

The SW spot is good for teams, but not for solo.

Also, the drop rate is definitely not 1/100. It's more like 1/250.

And I reckon someone should make a clan for big TD teams. It's more relaxing and far more efficient than duo because in duo it's rather difficult to dish out constant damage and the partner is wasting alot of attacks. I'm getting a little sick of solo myself.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

Some demons will do that if you're standing in certain spots. For example, if you were to try to trap the NE demon at the north rock, he won't lose focus of you. The north demon will, however. The demon in which you speak was probably a different demon to the central-western one.

The SW spot is good for teams, but not for solo.

Also, the drop rate is definitely not 1/100. It's more like 1/250.

And I reckon someone should make a clan for big TD teams. It's more relaxing and far more efficient than duo because in duo it's rather difficult to dish out constant damage and the partner is wasting alot of attacks. I'm getting a little sick of solo myself.

You're right that it's probably more than 1/100, however I've just had extreme luck at the demons. I had 3 shards within my first 50 kills, and then within the next 50 kills I got 2 claws. I got a 3rd pair of claws about 50 kills later. Since then, I've killed probably about 70 and gotten another piece of ruined dragon metal. I'm due for another claw drop :P

Add me if you ever wanna duo... I don't like to solo much anymore since my friend just finished the quest so he always accompanies me.

77yLQy8.png

Your guide got me hooked on td's.

edit--

090609161943.png

:thumbsup:

considering that those are rarer than claws, id have been pissed off lol.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• 2 weeks later...

great guide :thumbup: now to get me some claws :)

*edit* awesome i got this with ur guide haha.

[hide=

[hide=my 99s]63,402 to 99 attack June 20th, 2009

9,065 to 99 prayer may 7, 2009

27,060 to 99 magic march 27, 2009

63,527 to 99 str Jan 02, 2009

39,326 to 99 hp

22,557 to 99 def June 6, 2008

1221 to 88 summoning July 6, 2008

52,735 to cooking November 6, 2008[/hide]

MikeDart.png

congratz o im pure

a suggestion for the guide, if you have a yak (i think imp boxes work aswell), you can bank the lantern once you get there, meaning you have space for drops and if you die you always have another lantern waiting for you so you can retrive your stuff (didnt see if it was in the guide. if it was, ignore me)

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

congratz o im pure

a suggestion for the guide, if you have a yak (i think imp boxes work aswell), you can bank the lantern once you get there, meaning you have space for drops and if you die you always have another lantern waiting for you so you can retrive your stuff (didnt see if it was in the guide. if it was, ignore me)

Wouldn't it be easier to just get more lanterns, as using the box would take up a space anyway.

congratz o im pure

Wouldn't it be easier to just get more lanterns, as using the box would take up a space anyway.

you can drop a box w/o it hindering you later, but if you drop a lantern, you wont be going back ne time soone if it was your only one lol

congratz o im pure

you can drop a box w/o it hindering you later, but if you drop a lantern, you wont be going back ne time soone if it was your only one lol

Then don't make it your only one?

Did WGS four days ago, have a few disastrous trial runs on the same day, got my 1st drop (D claws) three days ago, and a shard yesterday :lol:

I use a cheaper setup since I don't want to risk too much, and I use 2 sets of Super Attack, Super Strength and Ranging Potion, drinking one dose of each every 3 kills or so. So it's about 24 kills a trip.

Zepheras.png

"Do you really want to go back to the time when Falador was grey, lesser demon look like goats, dragons look like cows, hellhound look like cats and your character stands as stiff as a statue?"

-F1775

congratz o im pure

why bother gettting multiples when you only need one?

congratz o im pure

Three reasons:

1) They're cheap. Buy a sapphire and buy a bullseye lantern (isn't instant, but you will get one) and just replace the lens

2) You want extras anyway in case you die there

3) For the reason we've been quoting

So you have an extra lantern to return to your grave ;)

and my idea meant that even if you had only one and died you could still get back, lol