Tormented Demons Solo and Duo Guide

Artemis1330

2 things, TDs, along with every other monster, has better AI now. If you hit them and they cannot hit you back, they will start to back away/wander. This means safespots no longer work.

The other thing is that TDs' default attack is no longer mage. When you walk in, they can use any of their 3 attacks on you. For example, they can start attack with range now.

This makes TDs a lot harder to kill and a lot more dangerous.

So to me this just means do what you normally did, except stay in melee range the whole time. Sure it makes it a little more difficult but probably more effective in the long run. In other words GS is hands down better then d hally now.

4sDIn.png

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I done a trip and it is significantly easier then before, was duoing with a friend he took 3 unicorns i took 2, we left after his 3rd unicorn died i survived the extra hour without needing any healing.

the only change is they do the mage-bomb animation before they change attack style meaning its much easier to kill them without taking any damage at all as you have a little time, not long, to change prayer.

Ragamuffin.png

2 things, TDs, along with every other monster, has better AI now. If you hit them and they cannot hit you back, they will start to back away/wander. This means safespots no longer work.

The other thing is that TDs' default attack is no longer mage. When you walk in, they can use any of their 3 attacks on you. For example, they can start attack with range now.

This makes TDs a lot harder to kill and a lot more dangerous.

So to me this just means do what you normally did, except stay in melee range the whole time. Sure it makes it a little more difficult but probably more effective in the long run. In other words GS is hands down better then d hally now.

They fixed tormented demon safe spotting finally.

ng3qmx.png

I done a trip and it is significantly easier then before, was duoing with a friend he took 3 unicorns i took 2, we left after his 3rd unicorn died i survived the extra hour without needing any healing.

the only change is they do the mage-bomb animation before they change attack style meaning its much easier to kill them without taking any damage at all as you have a little time, not long, to change prayer.

Can you please explain the spot and lure you used on that particular trip here?

Thanks in advance

anshul92.png

Thanks in advance

anshul92.png

Thanks in advance

I use the exact same spot explained in this guide and the same lure

Ragamuffin.png

Thanks in advance

Ragamuffin.png

Thanks in advance

It works after the new update? When was the last time you used that spot?

anshul92.png

Thanks in advance

anshul92.png

Thanks in advance

yes it works, i did the duo trip Friday night and soloed again on Sunday

EDIT: done another duo trip today

Ragamuffin.png

• 4 weeks later...

Is there any way to save an invo spot? Because I think, if you carry Ring of Wealth in your invo during fight and at the end (right before you kill the demon), switch rings, your chance of getting claws would be increased, while not (much) affecting how much you hit.

• 2 months later...

Could u please add the minimum levels to do this?

I know it's best when you have 99 ranged & 99 def & 99 pray bla bla...

But I will do this quest tomorrow. Got 273 qp atm and tomorrow is the day for "WGS"

But I got all melee stats L90 atm, 93 hp, 78 pray & 87 magic/ranged...

Is this enough? I know I gotta up my summon anyways to use the unicorn so this won't do yet.

But I'd love to know when I'll be able to try and solo them...

Thx for an answer

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

I killed a few last night (20 ish in 2h 30m inc banking) and was not doing too badly, so its possible with 90 att/str and 85 range.

Diamond bolts help a lot as it hits through the shield (ideal when for the start and if the shield comes up when its protecting melee) and has a few times finished the TD off as the shield popped up when it had <20hp.

animalmagik take a bunyip and replace 5 or so of the super restores with shark/rocktail.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I killed a few last night (20 ish in 2h 30m inc banking) and was not doing too badly, so its possible with 90 att/str and 85 range.

Diamond bolts help a lot as it hits through the shield (ideal when for the start and if the shield comes up when its protecting melee) and has a few times finished the TD off as the shield popped up when it had <20hp.

animalmagik take a bunyip and replace 5 or so of the super restores with shark/rocktail.

Im a little bit confused as to what you meant by the diamond e hitting through the shield. You do realize that it is possible to hit through the shield with any weapon as long as he's not praying? The shield just reduces accuracy and damage; it doesn't nullify attacks.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

This method is not the most efficient, especially for higher levels. The Dragon Halberd is not better or equivalent to the Godsword-it is slower in terms of kills with the only benefit being the absence of the demon's melee attack. The "safe" spot mentioned does not protect you from all angles and it is possibly to received damage in either the alcove or behind it. It's not a bad method if you want to camp the demons, but there are faster and cheaper methods.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

This method is not the most efficient, especially for higher levels. The Dragon Halberd is not better or equivalent to the Godsword-it is slower in terms of kills with the only benefit being the absence of the demon's melee attack. The "safe" spot mentioned does not protect you from all angles and it is possibly to received damage in either the alcove or behind it. It's not a bad method if you want to camp the demons, but there are faster and cheaper methods.

I use halberd and have done TD's next to people using godsword. In some cases I kill them at the same time as the other person. The best part of the hally is the spec; with it, it might even be equivalent to a GS. My max so far with the spec is 90+. Plus with only a 30% spec bar requirement, you can use it 2 times against one TD.

sigcopyaf.png

Ever wanted to find street prices of RS items? Check out the SPOLI Index

Nex Drops: Pernix Cowl, Pernix Chaps, Torva Helm, Torva Platebody, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Chaps, Virtus Robe Legs, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Mask, Torva Legs, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Zaryte Bow, Virtus Robe Legs, Virtus Robe Top, Virtus Robe Top, Torva Platelegs, Zaryte Bow, Pernix Body, Torva Platelegs, Torva Platelegs, Virtus Robe Top

I use halberd and have done TD's next to people using godsword. In some cases I kill them at the same time as the other person. The best part of the hally is the spec; with it, it might even be equivalent to a GS. My max so far with the spec is 90+. Plus with only a 30% spec bar requirement, you can use it 2 times against one TD.

I think he meant the godsword in general, special ignored.

which is stupid, because as you get to use the special normally twice atleast each demon, it can make a fair difference

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

which is stupid, because as you get to use the special normally twice atleast each demon, it can make a fair difference

You could use an SGS/EE and stay even longer using a stronger and more accurate weapon.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Im a little bit confused as to what you meant by the diamond e hitting through the shield. You do realize that it is possible to hit through the shield with any weapon as long as he's not praying? The shield just reduces accuracy and damage; it doesn't nullify attacks.

I was unaware you could hit though the shields with normal weapons :-# .

Well you learn something everyday.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Very nice guide but a few mistakes :P

I HIGHLY suggest you don't wear void, either wear full armadyl or full karils, no need for bandos.

Trust me, I've been tding since the day it was released, I know what I'm talking about :P

Edit, it takes me 2-3 minutes to solo a td when I'm fully potted up with supers :P (Whip and broad bolts and war tort, i'll start using uni since I got 88 summoning yesterday)

Spam%20Mager.png

Spam%20Mager.png

Spam%20Mager.png

Very nice guide but a few mistakes :P

I HIGHLY suggest you don't wear void, either wear full armadyl or full karils, no need for bandos.

Trust me, I've been tding since the day it was released, I know what I'm talking about :P

Edit, it takes me 2-3 minutes to solo a td when I'm fully potted up with supers :P (Whip and broad bolts and war tort, i'll start using uni since I got 88 summoning yesterday)

arma is negative melee and karils instantly degrades should you die.

Void is far better then arma from a melee point of view. -13 vs +10%. Ranging wise, my range sucks, but I did notice its slightly quicker then black hide.

The bandos is for melee only (duo or trio) and since you'll be taking more damage from melee higher melee defense is better. Sure its bad magic defense, but higher hits=faster kills and you're protecting magic more then melee/range (both bandos is superior in defensive stats)

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

You could use an SGS/EE and stay even longer using a stronger and more accurate weapon.

not my point. i meant that sure, gs may be better in general, but you cant ignore a spec. attack. it can mean alot on these guys. not taking sides on which is better for tds, as they both have merits.

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come