Tormented Demons Solo and Duo Guide

Artemis1330

This method is not the most efficient, especially for higher levels. The Dragon Halberd is not better or equivalent to the Godsword-it is slower in terms of kills with the only benefit being the absence of the demon's melee attack. The "safe" spot mentioned does not protect you from all angles and it is possibly to received damage in either the alcove or behind it. It's not a bad method if you want to camp the demons, but there are faster and cheaper methods.

I use halberd and have done TD's next to people using godsword. In some cases I kill them at the same time as the other person. The best part of the hally is the spec; with it, it might even be equivalent to a GS. My max so far with the spec is 90+. Plus with only a 30% spec bar requirement, you can use it 2 times against one TD.

I think he meant the godsword in general, special ignored.

which is stupid, because as you get to use the special normally twice atleast each demon, it can make a fair difference

I'd rather have +43 more strength, + 37 slash bonus extra every single hit alone over hally even with it specialing twice

and in the case you own an ags, it tramples over hally

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This method is not the most efficient, especially for higher levels. The Dragon Halberd is not better or equivalent to the Godsword-it is slower in terms of kills with the only benefit being the absence of the demon's melee attack. The "safe" spot mentioned does not protect you from all angles and it is possibly to received damage in either the alcove or behind it. It's not a bad method if you want to camp the demons, but there are faster and cheaper methods.

I use halberd and have done TD's next to people using godsword. In some cases I kill them at the same time as the other person. The best part of the hally is the spec; with it, it might even be equivalent to a GS. My max so far with the spec is 90+. Plus with only a 30% spec bar requirement, you can use it 2 times against one TD.

I think he meant the godsword in general, special ignored.

which is stupid, because as you get to use the special normally twice atleast each demon, it can make a fair difference

I'd rather have +43 more strength, + 37 slash bonus extra every single hit alone over hally even with it specialing twice

and in the case you own an ags, it tramples over hally

Agreed I have tried both weapons and even sgs owns hally. The hally spec is very inconsistent and the normal hits are basically horrible.

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

I hated the hally over there, it didnt hit enough to justify using it. And I would rather speed up kills rather than using less unicorn scrolls. And yes scrolls will keep up unless you are awful at switching. Scrolls arent very expensive either, so imo SGS >>>> Hally. Can someone give me their average kills/hour using the spot described in this guide? I simply wish to compare if I am going at a decent rate.

I hated the hally over there, it didnt hit enough to justify using it. And I would rather speed up kills rather than using less unicorn scrolls. And yes scrolls will keep up unless you are awful at switching. Scrolls arent very expensive either, so imo SGS >>>> Hally. Can someone give me their average kills/hour using the spot described in this guide? I simply wish to compare if I am going at a decent rate.

I usually get around 15 - 20 kills depending on the spawn rate. I use super sets and 1 unicorn for the hour trip.

Manitstinks.gif

lolud0.pnglol2ni3.png

Went there just after quest but i didn't have uni and failed.

Stayed away for monthes and i'm back there. I've seen 2 claws in like 5 trips.

I started in range void range trio and moved with karil, both time with d hally.

Last time we went, I was in range void + sgs and i felt way better and we killed them faster.

Range void allow to hit the 300 in very few time and SGS is a win win win : Hit / Heal / Restore prayer.

Of course turmoil when either usign darklight or SGS spec helps.

Oh baby light the dark side...

I got around 30 with cannon and ags in 1 hour, but cannon blows up making you lose like 1m/hr

Tried whip/gs and rcb and broads and got around 25 kills an hour

Many thanks for the kill rates, anybody have the claw drop rate? It must be mentioned somewhere in the thread but I am a little lazy to go through the posts. Just getting a little frustrated since I have killed around 200 thus far without a drop and I heard the drop rate is good.

I got around 30 with cannon and ags in 1 hour, but cannon blows up making you lose like 1m/hr

Tried whip/gs and rcb and broads and got around 25 kills an hour

How does it blow up? If it decays you can get it back for free, but I guess the TDs destory it after a while? I heard steel titan can get 40+ kills an hour. (look it up on youtube)

• 3 months later...

Very good guide, although it should be updated due to the updates done the the Tormented Demons and the "avoid damage altogether" method. If nobody is in melee range they automatically switch to another combat style. And I have found that hally isn't really worth taking over sgs/cls.

SadNoLifer.png

• 1 month later...

Use K top instead of arma so you don't lose melee bonuses; you are already losing defender.

And before I got my claws I used Hally for spec and whip+defender for normal melee. It was surprisingly good.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

• 2 months later...

Out of curiosity, what would you guys suggest minimum levels to do this efficiently is? And what would the average profit per hour be at those levels?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Err, 79 summoning and 85ish melees/range/def, 70 prayer. Efficiently is maybe a bit much but with those stats you can duo pretty well, as the titan can keep you healed up nicely. I'd say around 1m/hr is possible (100k per demon (1/250 claws rate with 25m claws, other drops covering expenses), split between two people, 20 kills/hr). It's really pretty amazing how quickly these become a decent income (albeit inconsistent). Just a rough outline though.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• 5 months later...

Great guide, thx!

Buuuuut I really do have 3 or 4 questions, which's answers could stop my trips being ruined.. So:

1. How do I know wether he's gonna attack with range or magic, after he makes that move, showing he's changing the attack? I really don't know how to figure it out..

2. If I have a second trapped, he can still attack me with this occasional magic attack, I know, just once, but it still hits me up to 220 or something.. Is there any chance to prevent from that??

3. while he is praying melee and coming up with his "resistance to attacks-move", should I wait till he changes to pray-range or should I try to hit though his protection prayer?

And I'm lvl 81 at Summ, should I bring a bunyip to heal or an attacking familiar (yea yeah, I know, I should get it to 88, which I'm gonna do soon.. But till then... ;) )

Thaaaaanks alot for your advices.. Atm I can't kill more than 10 per trip, which is pretty god d**n expenssive... ;o))

dachef_pf.png

Great guide, thx!

Buuuuut I really do have 3 or 4 questions, which's answers could stop my trips being ruined.. So:

1. How do I know wether he's gonna attack with range or magic, after he makes that move, showing he's changing the attack? I really don't know how to figure it out..

2. If I have a second trapped, he can still attack me with this occasional magic attack, I know, just once, but it still hits me up to 220 or something.. Is there any chance to prevent from that??

3. while he is praying melee and coming up with his "resistance to attacks-move", should I wait till he changes to pray-range or should I try to hit though his protection prayer?

And I'm lvl 81 at Summ, should I bring a bunyip to heal or an attacking familiar (yea yeah, I know, I should get it to 88, which I'm gonna do soon.. But till then... ;) )

Thaaaaanks alot for your advices.. Atm I can't kill more than 10 per trip, which is pretty god d**n expenssive... ;o))

1. When he is going to range you will see something that looks to be part of its tail rise up and then proceed to fire it at you with one hand. If you are playing with sound effects it sounds sort of like a whip attack. For the magic attack the demon will lean backwards and then just fire off a shot. They generally lean back before changing attack styles but once you get used to this you'll know that it takes a few milliseconds longer for it to switch to mage rather than range, thats one way of telling.

2. It depends which spot you use. If you use the north spot and you have 3 demons lured, and are killing the middle one, a lot of the time the western demons special can still hit you. This can be avoided though if you lure it behind the small pile of rocks rather than the bigger rock, although this takes a little practice. If you are using the southwest spot I do not know of any way to get its attack to not hit you, although someone else may.

3. If it has a shield up and is praying melee, range it. You won't hit with darklight in that situation so just keep ranging until it changes.

With only 81 summoning I would recommend a titan over a bunyip, it will be more useful.

Hope that helps

4sDIn.png

Great guide, thx!

1. When he is going to range you will see something that looks to be part of its tail rise up and then proceed to fire it at you with one hand. If you are playing with sound effects it sounds sort of like a whip attack. For the magic attack the demon will lean backwards and then just fire off a shot. They generally lean back before changing attack styles but once you get used to this you'll know that it takes a few milliseconds longer for it to switch to mage rather than range, thats one way of telling.

2. It depends which spot you use. If you use the north spot and you have 3 demons lured, and are killing the middle one, a lot of the time the western demons special can still hit you. This can be avoided though if you lure it behind the small pile of rocks rather than the bigger rock, although this takes a little practice. If you are using the southwest spot I do not know of any way to get its attack to not hit you, although someone else may.

3. If it has a shield up and is praying melee, range it. You won't hit with darklight in that situation so just keep ranging until it changes.

With only 81 summoning I would recommend a titan over a bunyip, it will be more useful.

Hope that helps

Thanks alot, man!!

I'll go try again... :-))

dachef_pf.png