Tormented Demons Solo and Duo Guide

Artemis1330

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah their defence is actually pretty high. Not super high, but high enough to make godsword the better choice.

Whip+defender>GS at bandos with a high enough attack level. I doubt their defense is as high as graardor's.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

I've tried whip before, it didn't work too well. And not to mention that slow but hard hits are preferred due to their pray switching. Even if you had 99 attack godsword would still be the better choice here.

P.S. Just got d claw drop yestyday!!!!11!!!!111!!!!!!!!111 :o :o :D :D :thumbsup: :mrgreen:

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

Nice.

With the duo range set up maybe consider taking Zaniks crossbow as the special is like the AGS special for range, also if in a duo with ponies, yuo aren't really going to need that extra 20hp every 5 mins especially if your ranging, at least you wont if you know what you're doing. Just a suggestion, otherwise great guide.

10/10

4sDIn.png

nice guide got a few questions/pointers though

1. I think TDS have started too change attack if they cant hit with melee (maybe its the safespot though i use an other one)

2. you greatly underestimated the importance of prayer... so i think a karil/armadyl with verac owns a full armadyl with verac helm + i think its very handy too bring a shield with high pray bonus like the fally achievemnt shield

3. wth wear a ring of wealth >.<

Is msb with rune arrows better than rune crossbow with broad bolts?

Magic short is a great weapon, but might be to inaccurate for these purposes. Also, high hits are preferred here over low ones, as they swap prayers after 31 damage or more.

For first time, or even experienced duo'ers, I'd suggest the Ranger utilize the "Special transfer" and "heal other" lunar spells. As the meleer with a GS has a very good special, it would be worth it for the extra damage (AGS) or healing (SGS). Since they tend to take more damage then rangers aswell, it is helpful to Heal the warriors

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Err another question:

I heard Jagex lowered the drop rate of the drops, the drop rate of claws used to be around 1 in 200-300, any estimates about what it is now?

I killed 843 and got 2 claws (128th kill then next 715 kills later), 0 dragon plate peices. I spoke to quite a few people while i killed mine and its massively varied; heard of many who have a couple at a rate of about 150-200 kills but also some people who have taken 500+ without and even 1000 kills without so i reckon the average might be around 300-350. But to be honest its really hard to tell.

• 2 weeks later...

This guide is atrocious. It is grievously lacking in one crucial factor - how to actually FIGHT the monster you're going after. You did a great job of explaining how to engage exactly one demon in combat, but you left out (or glossed over) how to kill that one demon once engaged. Plus, you just display equipment setups without defending your choices. You seem to assume the guide-reader knows a LOT, which someone using a guide in the first place won't. This guide, as I see it, runs as follows:

1. Here's some gear set-ups. They work. But I won't explain why.

2. (in-depth description of how to lure)

3. Kill demon...blah blah GS means you pray more blah.

I'm left wondering how this guide made it past Beginner's, as it's only half a guide. Explain the rest of the basics for us first-time demonslayers, pl0x.

This guide is atrocious. It is grievously lacking in one crucial factor - how to actually FIGHT the monster you're going after. You did a great job of explaining how to engage exactly one demon in combat, but you left out (or glossed over) how to kill that one demon once engaged. Plus, you just display equipment setups without defending your choices. You seem to assume the guide-reader knows a LOT, which someone using a guide in the first place won't. This guide, as I see it, runs as follows:

1. Here's some gear set-ups. They work. But I won't explain why.

2. (in-depth description of how to lure)

3. Kill demon...blah blah GS means you pray more blah.

I'm left wondering how this guide made it past Beginner's, as it's only half a guide. Explain the rest of the basics for us first-time demonslayers, pl0x.

This guide is to tell people how to kill tormented demons. The assumption is that the person reading this guide completed WGS, and thus already killed 2 demons and knows the basics.

And seriously, how the hell can you not figure out how kill a monster on your own? You attack. You hit. Eventually, they die.

And since it seems you need some real IN-DEPTH explanation of "BASIC COMBAT", you should use the combat style that the demon is NOT praying against. Like, use melee when it's praying protect range.

WOW. Now THAT was COMPLICATED.

If you can't handle this guide, you should be starting here http://www.tip.it/runescape/?page=combat_guide.htm instead of complaining.

Someone who completed WGS killed 2 demons with 255 in all stats, meaning those demons basically keeled over. I don't have that luxury for the remaining umptillion I might kill. Also, it's been many months since I'd completed that quest and the memory of fighting those things as uber-me has faded.

And no, it's not just "hit it until it dies", because it's attacking you and can hurt you very badly. And it can change its attacks randomly, something that should've been mentioned. Also, prayerswitching will always allow one attack to connect - tormented demons aren't "jaddable". I had to figure out the above on my own. The suggested inventories led me to believe only negligible damage (single-digit according to that vid) would be incoming, something my first couple trips quickly disproved by nuking my brew supply nigh instantly.

I did finally figure out how to kill the damn things, but all this guide was good for, to me, was suggested inventory (and even then I had to figure out myself that those were unicorn pouches - not everyone has 88 summoning and has access to this area). Actually, no...I had to modify that too because brews lower potted stats and I needed more pots to last. Excuse me for not knowing how to kill a freaking BOSS MONSTER that I'd never tried before.

Someone who completed WGS killed 2 demons with 255 in all stats, meaning those demons basically keeled over. I don't have that luxury for the remaining umptillion I might kill. Also, it's been many months since I'd completed that quest and the memory of fighting those things as uber-me has faded.

And no, it's not just "hit it until it dies", because it's attacking you and can hurt you very badly. And it can change its attacks randomly, something that should've been mentioned. Also, prayerswitching will always allow one attack to connect - tormented demons aren't "jaddable". I had to figure out the above on my own. The suggested inventories led me to believe only negligible damage (single-digit according to that vid) would be incoming, something my first couple trips quickly disproved by nuking my brew supply nigh instantly.

I did finally figure out how to kill the damn things, but all this guide was good for, to me, was suggested inventory (and even then I had to figure out myself that those were unicorn pouches - not everyone has 88 summoning and has access to this area). Actually, no...I had to modify that too because brews lower potted stats and I needed more pots to last. Excuse me for not knowing how to kill a freaking BOSS MONSTER that I'd never tried before.

It is a guide for the more experienced people, that's true. However, I had only been there 2 times before, when I read this guide, and it tremendously helped. Allthough, I switched to a godsword, it seriously IS better than a hally, even considering the extra prayer you use.

Ooh, my bad. I guess I missed the part of the guide where it says it was for beginners.

This may be one crazy-[wagon] concept to you, but there's people out there who are actually semi-competent at something and wanted to learn tips and tricks, or completely different methods.

Case in point, everyone who posted on this guide besides you.

I totally agree with buttwhoopchi. From experience I know writing in-depth strategies is more fun then explaining the basics, but those are necessary part of the guide too!

I used your guide when I first tried these (just like buttwhoopchi, a few months after I did the quest) and I also found it misses some info. Specifically: How each attack style looks, when they switch prayer/attack and a note about the double attack would be helpful too. (That one almost killed me the first time, because I thought it was a ranged attack). Besides that, my stats are a bit lower then yours and because of that, I prefer using offensive prayers too, they seem to help quite a lot.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

Artemis, you need to experiment with different setups and all ALOT more. Your inventory seriously sucks, no offence. I actually found the perfect uni invo after just a few trips with uni.

And godsword is better. When I made my guide people who were acustomed (sp) to your method criticised it a ton, but all the info and stuff like that they gave allowed me to write a method that pwned both your way and the way I did it before. That was piety/eagle flashing with a godsword. Many were using your hally method and figured to pray flash, and they posted that on my thread, but believed it to be impossible to do with a godsword. It was infact quite easy, and turned out to blow the hally method out of the water. And so that was formed.

Your guide, being the first, and therefore the most accepted at the time, did not have such luxury. It is sad to say that your guide has now become for the most part, obsolete. Or maybe outdated might be a better word.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

take a god sword I dont give a [cabbage] lol. Dont come flame my guide saying it sucks. want me to do the same to yours?

My "method" has nothing to do with flashing prayers or any other crap like that. Its more about one person melee one range. and using void for solo. Dont say my invos suck because they dont work for you when they are perfect for me and many many many others. I dont see whats so bad about them. what else do you need but a fwe foods for emergency and sup sets? You should not take any damage and if you do learn to prayer swap.

get the [bleep] off my thread. (no offence)

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

take a god sword I dont give a [cabbage] lol. Dont come flame my guide saying it sucks. want me to do the same to yours?

My "method" has nothing to do with flashing prayers or any other crap like that. Its more about one person melee one range. and using void for solo. Dont say my invos suck because they dont work for you when they are perfect for me and many many many others. I dont see whats so bad about them. what else do you need but a fwe foods for emergency and sup sets? You should not take any damage and if you do learn to prayer swap.

get the [bleep] off my thread. (no offence)

I wasn't intending to flame. Just criticising. Emotions being hard to express is a problem of the internet I guess. Though, I do tend to say what I'm thinking. For that I apologise.

The inventory - you have only one super set. You need two. Excalibur is kind of a waste of space; one can do without it quite easy. You have way too many restores/p pots for non pray flashing, and you have no space for drops. And it's impossible to not take damage, you ofc will take some. I said nothing about damage.

But the main problem is your method is inefficient. Not pray flashing, especially with a hally, gives extremely slow kills. I think you focus too much on staying for ages, when speed is far more important.

My "method" has nothing to do with flashing prayers or any other crap like that.

If you can be nearly twice as fast (or 175%ish) without much more effort, it's silly not to go with it. And why is method in inverted commas?

I am not trying to flame you here, I'm just giving perhaps rather harsh feedback. You did put in a good amount of time to help others without gaining much for yourself, so I don't have much of a problem with you. Same goes for most guide writers out there.

I myself did have to go through criticism, just thought you should know that.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops: