Tormented Demons Solo and Duo Guide

Artemis1330

pray flashing isnt a method to kill tormented demons. It's another tool you can use if you want. You dont "need" two super sets, you obviously just prefer them. I prefer more prayer for eagle eye etc.

Yes you will take damage, but you should rarely if ever need to brew. I take no food personally, but im not about to post that invo in this guide.

"extremely slow kills" I have used godswords here myself many many times and its the difference of a few seconds each kill at most. I prefer hally because its easier and safer. extremely slow kills??? come on lol you are intentionally exaggerating to make yourself look better.

My guide is done. I am not changing anything. My duo method (created by me and paulrat3) is the best one there is. Dont come to my guide and talk about prayer flashing bull [cabbage]. This guide was not meant for first timers (although many first timers have used it very successfully) and using prayers like eagle eye and piety should be natural.

Go criticize someone elses guide.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am not exaggerating about how slow hally is. It really is uber slow. A while ago I used it like you did, and it took me like 4-5 knockdowns or so a kill (I can't remember very well I'll admit, but it was something like that). When I switched to godsword (still without prayer flashing), It rarely took me 3 knockdowns. Hally WITH flashing is nearly as good as gs WITHOUT flashing.

Of course you don't "need" 2 super sets, but it is so much more efficient that it is completely indisputable that you should do so.

I don't take a lot of damage either. But I really don't care about that, your setup is fine for damage control.

Don't tell me not to criticise your guide. Without criticism, you won't learn about anything you did wrong, and movie makers would think that all their movies are good when many aren't. If you just completely dismiss criticism, then your stuff is going to suck.

And first-timers generally make up the majority of the audience here. Someone who already knows what they're doing is usually less likely to look for a guide about what they're doing. As for your duo guide, it's the only (known) one there is, lol. It is fairly good though. Although personally I find duo to not be all that much faster. It's basically one person attacks, and the other one is backup for when the demon swaps prayers, but only one person can be hurting the demon at a time. Quadrio+, now that is good.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

I was too excited to take screenies of any drops :P

The Greatest Tormented Demon Guide Ever

88 summoning achieved on 26/4/09.

99 ranged achieved on 9/5/09.

stop spamming my guide argueing about weapon choices. I dont give a [cabbage] what you think about my guide. I dont know how else to say it. My guide is done, I am not changing a thing. You dont think I already know everything you've stated? I have killed thousands of demons and have 19 claw drops. I AM NOT CHANGING MY GUIDE. Don't like my invo? take a different one. Dont like hally? fine take a gs. Invos are suggestions, nearly everyones is different and they all work. Dont care if yours is 3 seconds faster per kill.

So for the last time, stop posting here. I'll start reporting it as spam otherwise.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

stop spamming my guide argueing about weapon choices. I dont give a [cabbage] what you think about my guide. I dont know how else to say it. My guide is done, I am not changing a thing. You dont think I already know everything you've stated? I have killed thousands of demons and have 19 claw drops. I AM NOT CHANGING MY GUIDE. Don't like my invo? take a different one. Dont like hally? fine take a gs. Invos are suggestions, nearly everyones is different and they all work. Dont care if yours is 3 seconds faster per kill.

So for the last time, stop posting here. I'll start reporting it as spam otherwise.

Major underexaggeration. I am so sorry for trying to help you with your guide. But remember, stating the very best setups would improve the guide so much. A person who is new to TD's who comes to read your guide would use the hally method without prayer flashing, would bring only one super set, and as such would get very slow kills, and it would take them quite a long time to figure out better methods because they think yours is the best already.

But fine, don't follow my advice then. I never thought you were such an [wagon], but oh well. Nothing I said was spam by the way, it was constructive criticism that you blindly ignored. I followed your guide for around about 250 kills, so don't think I haven't tried yours. I will stop "spamming" (I use that word loosely) your guide now.

Your other guides are pretty good though. Feel better?

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

D claws x4 Whip x1 Ruined dragon armour lump x1 Armadyl hilt x2 (22/16m split) Sara sword x1 (1.1m split) Armadyl helmet x1 (1m split)

if it takes 4-5 knockdowns for a halberd kill, your doing something wrong. 2 is my average, and 3 is a patheticly slow kill

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

if it takes 4-5 knockdowns for a halberd kill, your doing something wrong. 2 is my average, and 3 is a patheticly slow kill

It was prolly 3-4. Without boost prayers, remember. And my stats are prlly lower than yours.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

When I did some Hallying, I mostly needed 3 knockdowns at my stats. 2 If I was very lucky, 4-5 if I messed up badly. Now with a gs, I manage 2 easily, sometimes 1. Of course, by now I have more experienc, but it is clear to me, and many others, that a GS is faster. It uses more prayer, true, but not that much that it isn't worth it. Hell, it's a very small investment for roughly 30% faster kills.

I thought you were more open for improvements, Artemis. A note that a GS *is* clearly faster, bringing 2 super sets, but that you cba to make new invo's and such would be a good start.

Now report me as spam, will you :roll:

Artemis' guide is easily the BEST td guide. I read this other person's guide and it was cabbage. Don't talk if you don't know TBH. Hally kill solo should take at most 3 shield knockdowns.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

Artemis' guide is easily the BEST td guide. I read this other person's guide and it was cabbage. Don't talk if you don't know TBH. Hally kill solo should take at most 3 shield knockdowns.

WHAT?!?!? That is clearly a first-glance assumption that you haven't thought through.... And GS can do it in 1 knockdown quite easily for the higher leveled people.

Seriously, my guide is cabbage? You have got to be absolutely joking! I know what I'm talking about thank you very much! I have used both methods and GS is clearly better!

I really can not get my head around what you just said. Obviously you are just sucking up to Artemis. Sad. Please, justify that comment.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

WHAT?!?!? That is clearly a first-glance assumption that you haven't thought through.... And GS can do it in 1 knockdown quite easily for the higher leveled people.

Seriously, my guide is cabbage? You have got to be absolutely joking! I know what I'm talking about thank you very much! I have used both methods and GS is clearly better!

I really can not get my head around what you just said. Obviously you are just sucking up to Artemis. Sad. Please, justify that comment.

Actually, Stonewall has read your guide pretty thoroughly, he even made some comments (go check). As of why, I'm wondering too.

Also, apperently Hally actually can do kills within 1 knockdown if you are lucky. For me at the moment, with no max stats, I can do that with a gs if i'm lucky, so the difference isn't *that* big as I thought it was, it seems. Not too sure tbh.

Actually, Stonewall has read your guide pretty thoroughly, he even made some comments (go check). As of why, I'm wondering too.

Also, apperently Hally actually can do kills within 1 knockdown if you are lucky. For me at the moment, with no max stats, I can do that with a gs if i'm lucky, so the difference isn't *that* big as I thought it was, it seems. Not too sure tbh.

Ah he indeed has, but I don't think he's looked at it recently. Much has changed since then.

I can rarely get it with 1 knockdown with my stats unfortunately. But it's more about how long it takes to kill in seconds than in knockdowns.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops:

With your Duo section you say that both of you should never Hybrid, i disagree. From my experience unless you are both very used to TD's and the range has 99 range while the warrior has 99 attack and defence, it is not always going to be faster. Maybe you should mention that.

4sDIn.png

Decent guide as far as setups go and all the other info about them. One thing I do have to comment on is the spot you chose. I found that the one spot The_Great_One shows in that guide is the best spot yet. I'm not talking about the ones that have the demon attacking, but where the character is safe, behind the huge rock, and has mage protect on. I have never had more than one demon on me, because that area is not big enough to fit 2 demons if you are in the right spot. I also found that standing next to the demon was better, because his attacks are more predictable. With hally and pray down, he switches very randomly to mage or range. This gets a lot of random unneeded damage, and it's easier to use Darklight if you are already next to him. For the most part, his melee attacks rarely hit anyway. Just my opinion, had the best results with the northern safe spot. That spot has got me the most kills without using a familiar with scrolls.

If you have any confusion about where I am talking about for spot, i'll try and get a screeny of it and post it if you want.

Other than that, good job on the guide.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

Just posting to say an image from this guide was used for the site guide, and you were credited. Thanks very much :).

Also, I agree with stooop33, that spot seems to me to be the safest and easiest (therefore it was the one I covered in the guide). Once you know that spot I don't feel it's necessary to know all the others, unless you feel like a bit of variety :P.

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Nice job on the TD Monster Killing Guide Warriormonkx. Very thorough. One thing that may be worth mentioning is that the big rock can be used for solo and duo on either "opening." The other "opening" of that rock is most commonly used (that i've seen) for people duoing. To get the demon off you, all you have to do is walk 1 square east I think, if in right position. Hard to remember...only duoed twice. I prefer to solo.

2461/2496 Total, 35 levels to Completionist

Sunstriker: Path to Completionist Cape

A tip: Make a no-music version of the solo vid (and maybe duo too, i didn't check), you can only watch them in the US because of copyright laws... Nothing a youtube proxy can't fix, but still pretty annoying.

Oh and some requirements would be good.

Artemis, different people have different preferences. Some people may excel at using the hally method, while others excel using a godsword. While you say your method is "perfect" for you, other people may be more efficient than you using other methods. If you want to improve your guide, you don't necessarily have to replace all of your setups. Rather, just include the aforementioned methods by other people who are critiquing your guide.

When I wrote my original Fight Caves guide, it was advocating a method in which Guthans was not used. I always found it easier to do it w/o Guthans, though some people thought otherwise. When I overhauled my guide, I changed it such that it included both the Guthan method and the method w/o Guthans. That way it gives people more flexibility, depending on their preferences.

Similarly, the end result should be the primary focus. In the Fight Caves, your primary goal is to get the fire cape. You shouldn't be worried about which setup uses the least amount of resources or gets to Jad the quickest. Rather, you're focusing on what setup makes obtaining a fire cape the easiest. Thus, when it comes to the TDs, as long as someone is able to kill the demons in a decent amount of time while minimizing resources, there's really nothing to complain about. While experimenting with dozens of different locations, methods, and setups, I've obtained over 100M in loot. I still haven't found my perfect setup yet, but am I complaining? Of course not. :)

77yLQy8.png

1. I don't even know artemis TBH. Also, I have read both guides. I will avoid getting into a flame war with you.

D hally is just about even with a GS, even at higher levels, and you don't have to pray while using it, if you know how to safespot correctly.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I know you have read mine, but have you read it RECENTLY? I have no intention of getting into a flame war, btw.

Godsword easily beats hally, especially if you have a unicorn (no healing lag). GS is both faster and much stronger, and if your doing it right you won't have interruptions while GSing, so it makes absolutely no sense that hally would be as good. If you didn't have a unicorn, it is a little more debatable, because you'll be eating every now and then which occurs less often with hally, although GS would still be fair bit faster.

I do accept hally as a method, but only for the less rich. As soon as you get your first claws, bye bye hally. Or if you have slow reflexes and stuff, but if that's the case TDs wouldn't be the right boss monster for you. As for the saving of prayer potions, well when you're getting 28m drops I doubt one would care.

sir_jancelot.png

Rare, valuable drops: