Tormented Demons Solo and Duo Guide

Artemis1330

why bother gettting multiples when you only need one?

So you have an extra lantern to return to your grave ;)

and my idea meant that even if you had only one and died you could still get back, lol

You need another one to get back down there. Minimum is 2 then.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why bother gettting multiples when you only need one?

So you have an extra lantern to return to your grave ;)

and my idea meant that even if you had only one and died you could still get back, lol

You need another one to get back down there. Minimum is 2 then.

no, you missed the point. if u use a yak or w/e to bank the lantern, you only need one to get back if you die, because you didnt lose one on death

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

What seems better: bringing yak ever trip, or just making another one?

I got 5 ...

i would actually say yak with extra supplies aswell, seeing as its bound to extend your trips length by quite a bit :D pity i dont have one yet though >_>

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I've been using this for a few trips. It's working very well, and I would like to offer you my thanks. No claws or armor lumps yet, but I'm hoping for the best! :thumbsup:

One thing I would like to add, and one question I would like to ask:

I'm using almost the exact same set-up for soloing as you proposed. To the letter, in fact, except some small changes: I take only 3 brews and only 1 super restore, the rest I fill with ppots since they are cheaper. However, I notice that I finish my trips when I have about 4-5 ppots left (if I use 2 unicorns per trip). Given this, I believe it would be a better idea to take 1 more pure set and 1 more range potion, so you can speed up your kills. Those 3 spaces aren't useful anyway (since they are filled with "dead" ppots), so why not?

My question: sometimes when I am killing the Demon, it randomly backs away about 1 square south and 1 square east. If it is attacking with melee, then it immediately moves back in place. But if it is ranging or maging, it stays there. It isn't a problem, since I can still hit it with Halberd/Range, but it's a drag when I go to de-shield it with Darklight. Now, that's not such a big deal, but I was wondering if you knew why it randomly backs away?

My question: sometimes when I am killing the Demon, it randomly backs away about 1 square south and 1 square east. If it is attacking with melee, then it immediately moves back in place. But if it is ranging or maging, it stays there. It isn't a problem, since I can still hit it with Halberd/Range, but it's a drag when I go to de-shield it with Darklight. Now, that's not such a big deal, but I was wondering if you knew why it randomly backs away?

it backs away because its afraid of you, to fix that just move to the west of the little rock south of you, the one you move behind during the lure, and it will slot back into place :)

Ragamuffin.png

it backs away because its afraid of you, to fix that just move to the west of the little rock south of you, the one you move behind during the lure, and it will slot back into place :)

Yes, I noticed I could do that, but I just thought it odd it would move at all, lol

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I use this Equipment (cheap)

myequip.jpg

AND I STILL CAN GET 5-6 kills!!!

even with low stats and bad equipment (like that) 5-6 kills isnt very good....

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I use this Equipment (cheap)

myequip.jpg

AND I STILL CAN GET 5-6 kills!!!

even with low stats and bad equipment (like that) 5-6 kills isnt very good....

I know i probably can get like 8-10 kills but i always get nervous around my 5th kill so I leave...with like a ton of equipment left

:oops:

untitledtelle-2.jpg

I get around 20-25 kills a trip with just 2 brews, titan, EE, and an invy full with restores and a holy wrench. Made 180m off them so far and considering I adapted the set up from your guide, thank you. :thumbup:

My trip lasts 2 titans, which is 2 hours and my current claws drop rate is 1/140

In other words I get a claws drop every 14 hours of soloing, which is around 2m/hr even if you take supply costs into account

Too bad its all obsolete now due to the new update ::'

I get around 20-25 kills a trip with just 2 brews, titan, EE, and an invy full with restores and a holy wrench. Made 180m off them so far and considering I adapted the set up from your guide, thank you. :thumbup:

My trip lasts 2 titans, which is 2 hours and my current claws drop rate is 1/140

In other words I get a claws drop every 14 hours of soloing, which is around 2m/hr even if you take supply costs into account

whats the new update??? I don't read JaGex News

untitledtelle-2.jpg

whats the new update??? I don't read JaGex News

Doesn't matter, it was hidden.

2 things, TDs, along with every other monster, has better AI now. If you hit them and they cannot hit you back, they will start to back away/wander. This means safespots no longer work.

The other thing is that TDs' default attack is no longer mage. When you walk in, they can use any of their 3 attacks on you. For example, they can start attack with range now.

This makes TDs a lot harder to kill and a lot more dangerous.

The other thing is that TDs' default attack is no longer mage. When you walk in, they can use any of their 3 attacks on you. For example, they can start attack with range now.

Hmm? Are you sure?

There's a possibility that someone came in and attacked them until they switched attacks, and you just came in after they switched. I killed 6 in a test run and even though 3 around 1 spawn were hitting differently, the one that respawned always hit mage, could have been a coincidence though.

Hmm? Are you sure?

There's a possibility that someone came in and attacked them until they switched attacks, and you just came in after they switched. I killed 6 in a test run and even though 3 of them were hitting differently, the one that respawned always hit mage, could have been a coincidence though.

Highly unlikely to be the case since almost every demon was using a different attack. Many other players are also observing the same things.

Why tyra's helm?

Crybaby111.png

By three methods we may learn wisdom: First, by reflection, which is noblest;

Second, by imitation, which is easiest; and third by experience, which is the bitterest.

- Confucius

i wouldn't start assuming these are permanent changes just yet, wait until after next weeks content update to find out as thats when they will be doing the majority of the bug fixes.

I read on the rs forums that they might be keeping this update permanent. A jagex mod posted that, I'll try to find it again but I forgot where it was.