The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

• 1 month later...

been following this thread for while and finally decided to make tip.it account, here is some pics i recently took:

(pics are all from instances not templates!)

Souls bane Anger weapon room+ cutscene above it

8lsy4.jpg

8lszq.jpg

new ashdale island quest

8lsZJ.jpg

8lt0i.jpg

reflection of buildings on water is actually replica of building on other side of floor and ground is partly transparent.

(cant be seen on lowest graphics)

8lt0I.jpg

• Like 1

reflection of buildings on water is actually replica of building on other side of floor and ground is partly transparent.

I don't know what to believe any more. Typical clever Jagex :P
  • Like 1

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

I don't know what to believe any more. Typical clever Jagex :P

It's a common technique. Even Minecraft builders use it:

(This person did it "wrong" in that they reflected the entire thing, but its good for demonstrational purposes)

現実とうひを繰り返してもうそうしてんだ

I think most reflections in most games out there even today simply rely on duplicated inverted renders to produce reflections - it's the only way to really do it in a digital format and have dynamic reflections opposed to static painted textures hidden beneath the water/on the 'reflective' surface. Even things like the sims just straight up duplicate render, you can even see the walls being hidden or not in reflections.

It makes a lot of sense to do it that way because then the reflection can have a good 3D depth to it and maintain correct realistic content regardless of viewing angle.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Melvinkooi

Nice finds anyone, the new world map made things more clear than the extracted ones i've used. :)

Keep it up guys, we need moar!

• 6 months later...

Only ground floor, yea

Whats the big circle area that is south of the BoL instances?

I want to say, maybe the cutscene instances?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Guest Melvinkooi

Only ground floor, yea

Whats the big circle area that is south of the BoL instances?

I want to say, maybe the cutscene instances?

It's a copy of the Wilderness Volcano. It might be for a God Battle cutscene, base for an instanced version of the volcano or preserving as a backup for the old version of the volcano. I doubt it's the latter since i didn't saw that in the more high quality map before RS3 came out. (go a few pages back for that).

I'd of thought it would be for the cutscene in TWW where the sword like pulses and stuff.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Guest Melvinkooi

I'd of thought it would be for the cutscene in TWW where the sword like pulses and stuff.

It might be, there was a copy of the volcano south-west of Fist of Guthix place on the previous map. The volcano is now placed south of the BoL instances. It could be TWW. Although IDK.

• 6 years later...
  • 5 weeks later...