The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

[hide]2uelkxe.png

Can be seen from the east part of the Barb assault waiting room (the room you go are in when you go down the latter).

What is that?[/hide]

That would be the cloud dimension accessed via the portal in Draynor Manor. It's where you kill Killerwatts.

[hide]ek3sq9.jpg

South-east side of one of the possible rooms the mummy could be in in the pyramid plunder mini-game. [/hide]

Not sure where that is.

[hide]2gxgw78.png

North-west corner of a one of the possible rooms the mummy could be in in the pyramid plunder mini-game. Not sure where that is...

24c5njl.png

Can be seen in the north-west corner or the first room in the pyramid plunder mini-game. Seems to be more of the above picture[/hide]

Both are areas for a cut-scene involving Robert the Strong and the Dragon Kin in the Tale of Two Cats Quest (if I'm not mistaken about the quest.)

-snip picture-

Movario's base. It's south of the prison pete event and you can see a small bit of it on my map.

Ahh, Indeed. I recognize the area now. :P

gdfhs.png

Can anyone identify this? Just north of the Dwarven Mine.

Area of the Goblin Village Kitchen after you help the Goblin Chef out in Recipe for Disaster.

2005 Christmas event place.

adcd2d.png

East side of one of the possible rooms the mummy could be in in the pyramid plunder mini-game.

If somehow you could walk through walls, do you think the events could be done again to get ex holiday items?

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

2005 Christmas event place.

adcd2d.png

East side of one of the possible rooms the mummy could be in in the pyramid plunder mini-game.

If somehow you could walk through walls, do you think the events could be done again to get ex holiday items?

Nope as you would have to talk to diango to start the event.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Draynor Bank robbery cutscene is north of the Cosmic Altar.

Draynorbankrobbery.png

Also, pictures of easter 2010 (From barbarian assault) and Halloween 07 (From Uzer Mastaba scarab room)

Easter_2010_Barbarian_Assault.png

grimshouse.png

grimshouse2.png

It also might be worth mentioning that Halloween 06 and a cutscene are from Forgiveness of a Chaos Dwarf could be seen from the 2011 Easter Event,

Never knew someone else was interested in this stuff.

I'm using the developer console to map the world, and it's far easier to map the world out in terms of that than with an orb of oculus and standing in bits of dungeon. You can access it with the ¬ key or the ~, depending on your keyboard, but when you type "getcamerapos" into it it comes up with a set of co-ordinates that show exactly where you are on the world map. I stumbled across the method when researching runecraftfing talismans and why some of them work where they shouldn't, Kethsi being one of the most well known amongst my friends. There is also a developer blog that came out with the HD update (I forget it's name) which was most insightful.

What I've found so far is that far more of the map is on the surface world than it seems, although much of it is far further than the coast of the Elf lands. Instanced areas are also on this surface map. It's something to do with how teleports function, but I have found an instance where a teleport goes to the 3rd floor, as it were.

I think there's a link to the forum thread in my siggy, so have a look :)

Camdozaal the Cartographer

[qfc]74-75-179-63374401[/qfc]

Guest Melvinkooi

Speaking of the Halloween 2006 event.

[images]

Heres some proof.

Where did you find it?

East of Easter 2011. I've screenshotted that a few months ago.

Guest Melvinkooi

Never knew someone else was interested in this stuff.

I'm using the developer console to map the world, and it's far easier to map the world out in terms of that than with an orb of oculus and standing in bits of dungeon. You can access it with the ¬ key or the ~, depending on your keyboard, but when you type "getcamerapos" into it it comes up with a set of co-ordinates that show exactly where you are on the world map. I stumbled across the method when researching runecraftfing talismans and why some of them work where they shouldn't, Kethsi being one of the most well known amongst my friends. There is also a developer blog that came out with the HD update (I forget it's name) which was most insightful.

What I've found so far is that far more of the map is on the surface world than it seems, although much of it is far further than the coast of the Elf lands. Instanced areas are also on this surface map. It's something to do with how teleports function, but I have found an instance where a teleport goes to the 3rd floor, as it were.

I think there's a link to the forum thread in my siggy, so have a look :)

I didn't knew that! I can finally find the coordinates of a place without a modified client!

Guest Melvinkooi

I've had a video idea for a very long time about the hidden area's in RuneScape.

However the OP has started a video series with the same idea, can i still make these kind video(s)? It's going to be more like "Here lies an area" than "How is the RuneScape map layed out?".

I've had a video idea for a very long time about the hidden area's in RuneScape.

However the OP has started a video series with the same idea, can i still make these kind video(s)? It's going to be more like "Here lies an area" than "How is the RuneScape map layed out?".

Of course! Anything is welcome, I don't "own" this topic of discussion or anything :P

I've release another video, again the people that visit this thread a lot will know most of the information already. The videos are meant to get more and more complex in discussion and findings.

Regarding the coordinates, an excellent method, and quite an impressive RSOF thread! It certainly helps to piece a lot together. Thank you for sharing :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYb1Gi7oB6U

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I know of two other stacked areas.

The two versions of the Nature spirit grotto are stacked on top of eachother

The black and white cutscene area from Enakhra's Lament can be seen above Enakhra's Temple (Warning, causes crashes)

Also, it may be worth mentioning that the Xmas 05 event strangely has a flashing pink light in it O_o.

I know Wizards Tower is stacked with just the floor number changing on the dev console co-ords, although the basement is moved some amount of squares north. I don't think we can access the 'basement' of RS without being force tele'd by a JMod or pafting (not that I've seen anyone get there before).

Thanks for the compliment on my RSOF thread :) Hope my method helps.

Camdozaal the Cartographer

[qfc]74-75-179-63374401[/qfc]

Well, apparently the upstairs of the dark warriors fortress in the spirit realm is in level 108/109 wilderness!

Wilderness.png

By the way, do not climb ladders in the rogues castle spirit realm.. as it turns out, the first floor was removed.. so you will get stuck.

EDIT:

One of the rooms in the spirit realm of summers farm is apparently glitched too..

South.png

Apparently there are things SOUTH of the world map?

Interesting...I suppose actually there's no reason why they wouldn't, it was wrong of us to assume everything was to the north. I wonder where -190s is anyway. I'll figure that out once my finals are over :P

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I'm pretty sure that's instanced.

Non-lag versions of those happen when you are in a instanced area with wilderness effects enabled, for example one of the Temple of Senntisten cutscenes and if you paft into it, Defender of varrock wilderness.

Summers farm is, dark warriors fortress is apparently not though, the wilderness level is always consistant. You sure do know a lot about PAFTing though. Have you ever performed such a feat? Or where did you find out such information?

I'm pretty sure that's instanced.

Non-lag versions of those happen when you are in a instanced area with wilderness effects enabled, for example one of the Temple of Senntisten cutscenes and if you paft into it, Defender of varrock wilderness.

Summers farm is, dark warriors fortress is apparently not though, the wilderness level is always consistant. You sure do know a lot about PAFTing though. Have you ever performed such a feat? Or where did you find out such information?

Of course he has. And no the wilderness level theory is wrong.

I could do a test on dark warriors fortress, a way of telling a PA without a bot client is the Zanik test. If zanik continues to follow you unnull her it is a PA. Theres a few other ways of course

An even better way is to just get a friend to go there with you...

^I've found one myself that still works.

There are a lot of aeras that you wouldn't expect to be instances..such as ess mine etc..as for the summer end warrior castle, it's far north of the frozen waste plateau, west of corp lair.

Pic of that defender of varrock paft (done with salt in wound paft)

7vdyS.png

My friend had been doing some quests, and managed to snip this:

nearoccultfloor1.png

In the building of the tracks between Dorgesh-Kaan and Keldagrim, theres a Occult Dungeonering Floor. Shall I ask my friend to investigate?

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Guest Melvinkooi

My friend had been doing some quests, and managed to snip this:

nearoccultfloor1.png

In the building of the tracks between Dorgesh-Kaan and Keldagrim, theres a Occult Dungeonering Floor. Shall I ask my friend to investigate?

Tha [cabbage]? I didn't knew that 2 instanced area's can't be so close together.