The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

My friend had been doing some quests, and managed to snip this:

nearoccultfloor1.png

In the building of the tracks between Dorgesh-Kaan and Keldagrim, theres a Occult Dungeonering Floor. Shall I ask my friend to investigate?

This is very interesting so I followed up on it. However, I did the quest long ago, so my only views come from the after-quest tracks (both which have parts of the template).

2qiy8et.png

2ryslcg.png

Both from Keldagrim hub, north.

2dgucz6.png

Some more pictures about that strange Occult Floor: (Lots of pictures, open with cautious)

[spoiler=The Occult Floor]nearoccultfloor2.png

^ Room south of the Starting Room.

nearoccultfloor3.png

^ The starting room.

nearoccultfloor4.png

^ West of the first picture. Couldn't see any further.

nearoccultfloor5.png

^ South of the previous picture.

[spoiler=Other maps found nearby]sbattleisoggloganddwarv.png

^ Oo'glog east of the map where you fight Sigmund (At the end of 'Another Slice of H.A.M' quest; notice the dwarves. They we're waving. Like at the end of 'As A First Resort....'

prequestnexttopostquest.png

^ Before 'Another Slice of H.A.M' on the right, After 'Another Slice of H.A.M' on the left

sbattle.png

^ Sigmund's Battle Map south-east of the tunnel when starting 'Another Slice of H.A.M

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

Guest Melvinkooi

Let i dump here an another find:

[hide]i4Ws2.png

i075W.png[/hide]

If you go downstaris at the Black Knight's Fortress to the basement where you freed the king you will see this north-east of you. Also you'll see the court case area's in the far west of the basement.

[hide]i4Ws2.png

i075W.png[/hide]

If you go downstaris at the Black Knight's Fortress to the basement where you freed the king you will see this north-east of you. Also you'll see the court case area's in the far west of the basement.

Sweet! And i'm fairly sure that the essence mine is not instanced.. things are generally not instanced if you can see other things from them..

I took these pics a few months ago but I don't think I've posted them yet. These are from the haunted mine

Monkey Madness cutscene area?

[hide]crystalminebananas.png[/hide]

No idea what this could be, but it looks really glitchy

[hide]crystalminelv5mess.png[/hide]

[hide]i4Ws2.png

i075W.png[/hide]

Sweet! And i'm fairly sure that the essence mine is not instanced.. things are generally not instanced if you can see other things from them..

Then how can I paft into it?

[hide]i4Ws2.png

i075W.png[/hide]

How should i know! You're the one that knows all about PAFTing. Speaking of which, i would love to see images of that. Maybe you could post them on the screenshots thread some time? But we appear to have gotten extremely off topic..

I understand how this discussion could be important to the thread, however please keep this rule in mind:

1.1 - Breaking or encouraging others to break any of Jagex's rules

This includes but is not limited to:

•  
  • Discussing how to cheat, hack, or otherwise manipulate the game.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

I understand how this discussion could be important to the thread, however please keep this rule in mind:

•  

If brunokiller was to explain how to do half these things I doubt anyone would even be able to replicate it without some prior knowledge :lol:.

Yea, I know. But it's against the rules and it's my job to enforce those rules.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

Guest Melvinkooi

[hide]i4Ws2.png

i075W.png[/hide]

There is a quest that uses an instanced Ess Mine. "Wanted!"

•  

Explain how we are discussing HOW TO do that? I was merely asking for pictures of results.

Quick way of checking if an area is instanced is to look at the co-ords given by the dev console. If it changes dramatically every time you teleport in (at least in the case of Dungeoneering) then it's instanced. The Essence Mine is unlikely to be instanced seeing as multiple people use it at a time.

Camdozaal the Cartographer

[qfc]74-75-179-63374401[/qfc]

Quick way of checking if an area is instanced is to look at the co-ords given by the dev console. If it changes dramatically every time you teleport in (at least in the case of Dungeoneering) then it's instanced. The Essence Mine is unlikely to be instanced seeing as multiple people use it at a time.

Yes except messing with the client is technically illegal, and at the very least against Jagex rules. Also that is only partially correct, some places that have pretty static coordinates have turned out to be PA's

Um, pressing opening the dev console is illegal now? You just press a key on your keyboard and put in getcampos...

Yes except messing with the client is technically illegal, and at the very least against Jagex rules. Also that is only partially correct, some places that have pretty static coordinates have turned out to be PA's

Um, pressing opening the dev console is illegal now? You just press a key on your keyboard and put in getcampos...

You can do that on a regular account? must be new, last I knew coordinates were Jmod only which could only be unlocked on special clients

It seems to be not overly old, even though I didn't know about it until recently.

I was told it was used as numbers you could send with bug reports to "show" Jagex the area of a bug.

Can be done on all accounts.

Couldn't that green strip of land be a balloon crash site? Not sure as I didn't crash it the last time I did the quest and the first time was years ago.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Isn't the Freaky Forester random in a circular clearing surrounded by trees? It's been a while since I did it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...