The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

Erm, I was just getting all the last few rewards from Summer's ends (since i'm very bored...) and I decided to do some snooping cause i had my orb with me. Luckily i got tb'ed and just decided to use it to pass the time... and I found this in the high level wildy. :ohnoes: :shock:

I went as far north east as possible from the Rogue's castle and then again used my orb to get the rest of the way... sorry it's in standard detail. Does anyone know if this is the "ghost ship" we heard about during the strange power or not? And also, I don't think that this ship has been used in any quests. Or am i just really ignorant when I do my quests? :^_^:

That is the shipwreck you can see, right next to the volcano

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

Erm, I was just getting all the last few rewards from Summer's ends (since i'm very bored...) and I decided to do some snooping cause i had my orb with me. Luckily i got tb'ed and just decided to use it to pass the time... and I found this in the high level wildy. :ohnoes: :shock:

I went as far north east as possible from the Rogue's castle and then again used my orb to get the rest of the way... sorry it's in standard detail. Does anyone know if this is the "ghost ship" we heard about during the strange power or not? And also, I don't think that this ship has been used in any quests. Or am i just really ignorant when I do my quests? :^_^:

That is the shipwreck you can see, right next to the volcano

Oh wow i feel stupid now. >.<

Thanks for letting me know though.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]

I have a question.

What is south of the rune ess mines?

Theres a patch of water and lots of ice.

Location: Southeast quadrant of rune ess mines, south spot, use orb, go south.

You can see the edge of it without the orb.

With the orb, sometimes you can see only 2 spaces or so of the water, other times you see 5+. Depends on world I think?

So anyone know where this is?

EDIT: sorry, i see someone has already posted it...I saw this the first day on the release of the orb and no one could answer on rsof....and this is my first day on tip it with orb release =\

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

I have a question.

What is south of the rune ess mines?

Theres a patch of water and lots of ice.

Location: Southeast quadrant of rune ess mines, south spot, use orb, go south.

You can see the edge of it without the orb.

With the orb, sometimes you can see only 2 spaces or so of the water, other times you see 5+. Depends on world I think?

So anyone know where this is?

EDIT: sorry, i see someone has already posted it...I saw this the first day on the release of the orb and no one could answer on rsof....and this is my first day on tip it with orb release =\

Im not sure what it is to be honest. :o

Here are some pictures, they are rather large:

[hide]2hsae4j.png

2qm2l5g.png

xt8n5.png

[/hide]

That's pretty strange, I had hoped the Orb would have revealed more. My guess is the site of some polar cutscene, else it's an undeveloped map square, forgotten.

Found these random event areas (Candlestick Pete no longer exists, but the building remains) north of the Blast Furnace Room.

candleso.png

leox.png

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

I found the ending cutscene area for "The Chosen Commander" quest south of the evil chickens lair. Not sure if it has been posted yet.

[hide]pon82.png

9rochc.png

2epu7uv.png

2chtd1f.png

[/hide]

Also see Zanaris from the north end of the lair.

[hide]vzapvb.png

14xgs3k.png

[/hide]

Wow, even the NPCs are still stationary there, I thought that place would have been instanced, with NPCs appearing only for the quest.

tzgaar.png

TzHaar Fight Arena seen from Stronghold of Security Level 4 (at corner).

can anyone identify for me the areas near clan wars that you can see with the orb? I'm pure f2p, so I'm not sure about certain mem areas and such...

In the No-items kept (red) Clan wars portal, if you stay along the wall and go east just a little bit, there are 3 sights going south.

First, a room with a rope and light shining in, snakes slithering out from around the walls (pretty small room). Behind that you can see a sandy looking plain. I could also see the start of some lava area.

Going east just a few more paces, I could see the lava place in its entirety. Looked pretty empty, and had a crevice thing on the east wall that you would squeeze through I suppose. From this few i could also see the plain better.

The plain, going in farther, I could see some sort of glass/crystal, or possibly a painting standing up. I could just barely manage to see some glittery stuff falling off something in there too (I couldn't see the object), almost like how the magic trees do (but lower to the ground, i believe).

Going all the way to the east wall, then north a bit, I can see an entire room, with a greenish floor. Not too big, has some skeletons and skulls placed on racks or on the ground. It appears empty aside from a white portal, similar to the Runecrafting Altar portals rather than CW portals.

So do any of you know what these places are? And sorry, I have no screenshots =\

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

The first post has some nice pictures of those rooms. :)

The room with a rope in it is the Crash Island Dungeon, from the Recipe for Disaster quest. The desert plane is the Sorceress' Garden minigame. The "lava place" is another part of RFD, where you cook a snake for the monkey king. The green room with the portal is Bork's room, a miniboss fought daily.

Hey, WMX.

Like I said, I'm not sure if these have been posted already or not. I'm too lazy to look through them all. @_@.

Also, I'm not even sure WHAT these places are. :unsure:

These are all places I found while in the Priest in Peril dungeon/Temple.

Priest_in_Peril_minimap.png

[hide=As indicated in the direction of the BLUE ARROW]N_upper_floor.png[/hide]

[hide=As indicated in the direction of the RED ARROW]SW_upper_floor.png[/hide]

The following I got while in the lower level of the dungeon, through the trapdoor by Drezel.

Priest_in_Peril_minimap_lower.png

[hide=As indicated in the GREEN AREA]NE_lower_floor.png

NE_lower_floor_2.png[/hide]

If you don't have these already, hope they help! :) If you do have them already, well, oh well :P

glut.gif
2tchvHp.png

Oh :x sorry for all these nooby shots >.> from the member screenshots I have seen, i usually dont see any of these types of things...

EDIT: Anyone know whats to the east of the puzzle thing underneath draynor manor? It seems like a training area and a castle which, due to my lack of p2p knowledge, i would guess is castle wars?

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Sorry I haven't contributed any images here, but I was wondering if someone can check around all borders of the Mind Altar? I remember a while ago (prior to the Orb, of course) that I was RC'ing in HD Large mode, and I walked to one side (I don't recall which) and could see random red, blue, green, yellow, and white flickering lines and sparks at the edge of the screen - but only as I rotated the camera (I joked to my friend that perhaps it's a hallucination :P). Perhaps there's something hidden behind a black wall off the border there?

And I'd like to relay an interesting discovery someone on the RuneWiki forums made - you can examine objects while using the Orb, but it's tricky. You have to right click immediately after hitting Esc, so you still have the right-click menu after it focuses back on you. Then you can click examine and examine any object, regardless of how far away it is :o

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

Hey, WMX.

Like I said, I'm not sure if these have been posted already or not. I'm too lazy to look through them all. @_@.

Also, I'm not even sure WHAT these places are. :unsure:

These are all places I found while in the Priest in Peril dungeon/Temple.

Priest_in_Peril_minimap.png

The following I got while in the lower level of the dungeon, through the trapdoor by Drezel.

Priest_in_Peril_minimap_lower.png

If you don't have these already, hope they help! :) If you do have them already, well, oh well :P

Red area- Lower level of Paterdomus- the place you burn the vyrewatch

Blue area- the shortcut behind the Canifis pub

Green area- probably the higher level of the Paterdomus altars- you can see the circular placement of the posts

The placement is quite logical tho.

Serpy, I thought you are the person to know these places. :shame:

joke33.png

archsupportei2.png

My Blog of pure... Uhmm... Well... Something...

Proud owner of Quest Cape, achieved 05.08.2008

29062th to Woodcutting 99, 02.05.2009

I found some more things.

[hide]

legendsnwofbabayaga.png

I found this area northwest of Baba Yaga's house, I think it's the area from the legends quest where there are three lesser demons.

ligthhousesouthofbabaya.png

The water found south of her house seems to be some area with the lighthouse, but I'm not sure.

I also found some boring gray area northeast of her house but didn't bother taking a picture.

someplaceseoflunarmine.png

Lastly I found this area southeast of the lunar mine, I'm not sure what area that is. It was the only place I found around the mine, including the area without Cyrius you can access after rescuing him.

[/hide]

EDIT: The lighthouse and legends dungeon seem to go with the map on the first page. How was that map created, and can it be done again?

namnlskopia.jpg

Looking from pyramid plunder.

[hide]

ScreenShot190.2.png[/hide]

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was an Halloween event from... 07, since I remember that place and I wasn't playing in 05... I could be wrong, but I think it was the event with the ghost gun or w/e... You had to shoot stuff at ghosts.

ib7rVm.png

Seeing as they are both Diango's workshop, perhaps they just edited it and reuse holiday event places over?

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

[hide]

Actually, I'm pretty sure that was an Halloween event from... 07, since I remember that place and I wasn't playing in 05... I could be wrong, but I think it was the event with the ghost gun or w/e... You had to shoot stuff at ghosts.

It has the painting tables and marionette parts, and I'm pretty sure they weren't there in the Halloween '06 event.

[hide]

It has the painting tables and marionette parts, and I'm pretty sure they weren't there in the Halloween '06 event.

Actually, when I was a noob, the '06 event was the first I partook in. I was wondering why there were paint buckets, and, on the lower floor, parts of marionettes, when you couldn't do anything with them. But they definitely were there in the H'ween event :P

skillgoal99fakingunderb.png

Fake Awards:

flatawardsbox.png

(The large number is the amount of awards I have gotten; only 8 are shown above. Click to see all of them.)

[hide]

Actually, when I was a noob, the '06 event was the first I partook in. I was wondering why there were paint buckets, and, on the lower floor, parts of marionettes, when you couldn't do anything with them. But they definitely were there in the H'ween event :P

The pixie workshop was the setting for both the 2005 Christmas event and the Halloween event of '06.

Due to my epic stats, I have now started WGS (but I still hate spoilers).

sighistorian.jpg

[hide]

i believe it was both!

I know it was used for my first x-mas event, and it was used a couple years later i believe for halloween....wasnt there a big tree or something on the bottom floor for the halloween event?

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png

Cpchris.png