The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

Hey there Guys, I'm not sure if anything was posted on this earlier, but I found some interesting areas inside Eagle's peak, visible even without the orb of occulus.

2zs022d.png

2evgb3k.png

I'm not entirely sure what the Church one is for. Hmm...

---

No signature for now.

>_>

---

Brilliant find!

The Church is from a discontinued random event (Candlestick Pete), the same church that I found next to Blast Furnace. The first image is from Temple Trekking. That connects about 7 different areas together! :o

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Brilliant find!

The Church is from a discontinued random event (Candlestick Pete), the same church that I found next to Blast Furnace. The first image is from Temple Trekking. That connects about 7 different areas together! :o

I thought it was the Entrana church cutscene area at first. :huh: But if you've seen another angle of it and you're sure. :P
imagangster.png

Brilliant find!

I thought it was the Entrana church cutscene area at first. :huh: But if you've seen another angle of it and you're sure. :P

Now that I look at it again, you could be right, only one way to find out, I'll explore it with the Orb. :)

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Really? Do you have the quote?

There is a gap in between the Armadyl and Saradomin areas of the God Wars Dungeon, and there is also a frozen door there. Is there going to be a new God Wars dungeon anytime soon? I have heard it may be Zaros... I have also heard that bubbles can be seen in this place when in the Saradomin God Wars boss room. Does this mean, if there is a new God Wars, that it will be underwater?

iKavin x

I would like to add more to the God Wars Dungeon. What you are referring to are graphics that we created for when the God Wars Dungeon was first launched, but which we didn’t use. We originally planned to have an underwater dungeon on the way to the Zamorak area, but it was changed to just a short swim across a pond due to time constraints and the fact that it wasn’t really needed.

Mod Mark

There you go :)

Lord_Beloved.png

Aha! I'm back, this time finding other areas.

I figured I would start my search in ardougne, so I headed down into the sewers with my trusty orb of occulus. Now, I haven't finished the Rat Catchers Quest, so I wasn't able to scope out most of the sewer, but I did find an interesting cellar.

[hide=Ardougne East Sewers]

ArdougneSewers1.png

A weird cellar to the east of the market entrance to the ardougne east sewers...

[/hide]

I also scoped out the tunnel used to get into west ardougne that is used in... Biohazard I believe? (maybe it was plague city?..) The results were both satisfying and interesitng.

From what I can deduce, about a screen south-west of the biohazard tunnel is a cave with some type of squishy gloop in it.

[hide=Ardougne West Sewers]

WestArdySewer1.png

From here you can see a whole lot.

WestArdySewer2.png

What's that, to the south-east?..

WestArdySewer3.png

WestArdySewer4.png

A cave with bubly slime! (I'm thinking there's a possibility that this is the earth altar).

[/hide]

After that, I headed over to the gnome stronghold, and looked inside the gnomish Wizard Brimstail's cave... And what I found was enigmatic, if anything.

So, We're left with a very long flight of stairs, and a half altar of sorts.... The mystery runs deeper and deeper...

[hide=Brimstail's cave]

BrimstailCave2.png

BrimstailCave1.png

Evil dark stairs. I have no idea whatsoever why these are here. Maybe they represent changes in elevation?..

BrimstailCave3.png

This spot in the cave lets you see a weird half-altar thing, admist a large group of cave path contusions.

[/hide]

Around this time I decided to go back to eagle's peak and use the orb of occulus to check out in greater detail what I had found earlier.

[hide=Eagle's Peak]

EaglePeak1.png

EaglePeak2.png

EaglePeak3.png

EaglePeak4.png

Now, let's count what we've got here.

1) The remnants of the candlestick diversion

2) A piece of the Blast Furnace

3) More detailed piece of Temple Trekking

4) A jail behind the church

EaglePeak5.png

And more of those stairs can be viewed from the south-east part of the dungeon...

[/hide]

I then headed over to Miscellania to scout the coastline.

First, I found an abandoned island off of the coast. Nothing but grass. Conspicuous? I think so!

[hide=Random Island]

MiscellaniaCoast.png

[/hide]

TO WRAP UP:

While I would consider this a very successful excursion, it does leave me with a lot of questions. For example, Are the islands in runescape really as far away from the mainland as they are made out to be? And then there's the question of what lies inside those can-only-access-once-in-a-quest areas that need exploring as well...

So, I'll need someone who has not done the fremmenik trials quest to explore the areas you uncover when doing the quests- For example, Swensen's challenge, or where you fight the boss that has 4 phases.

---

No signature for now.

>_>

---

[hide]

I also scoped out the tunnel used to get into west ardougne that is used in... Biohazard I believe? (maybe it was plague city?..) The results were both satisfying and interesitng.

From what I can deduce, about a screen south-west of the biohazard tunnel is a cave with some type of squishy gloop in it.

[hide=Ardougne West Sewers]

WestArdySewer1.png

From here you can see a whole lot.

WestArdySewer2.png

What's that, to the south-east?..

WestArdySewer3.png

WestArdySewer4.png

A cave with bubly slime! (I'm thinking there's a possibility that this is the earth altar).

[/hide]

Im not 100% sure, but I think the cave with the bubbly slime is the entrance to Underground Pass

Jabawoki13.png

Jabawoki13.png

Achievement Diaries

Completed: Lumbridge, Falador, Seers, Varrock, Fremennik and Karamja

Finished Hard: Ardougne

Music Tracks - 703/704

Nomad killed at 114 combat Slayer drops: Black Mask x2 Clue scroll rewards: Guthix Platebody - 900k, Guthix F Helm 1mil, Bandos Kite - 2.3mil

It is indeed the underground pass.

Ardy East Sewer one = Dark Room in Temple of Ikow

Ardy West Sewer = Underground Pass

Brimstails Cave = Possibly the underground pass area where you light the giant coffin? Not 100% sure.

Random Island = The one south of Miscellania.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Melvinkooi

[hide=new images]350.png

351.png

352.png

353.png

354.png

355.png

356.png

357.png

358.png

359.png

360.png

361.png

362.png

363.png

364.png

365.png

366.png[/hide]

The Grass arena abovve tzhaar is the farm of Easter 2007.

Guest Melvinkooi

I saw some pic about this, but it wasn't perfect. It doesn't show up on our world map so here it is, a pretty weird find:

it's the school random event

if anyone needs help to take pics (i got a huuge screen) then pm me in rs/forums

295.png

Its The POH render arena!

• 3 months later...

i dont have a pic, but i remeber that when i finished under ground pass quest, i could see part of the pass under me.

and im not talking abour right under me, the distance is bigger then white wolf mount!

another thing, if no one has sayd so, i can see the white knight(cant remeber the quest, the one with the brige and the chicken) place from between a rock gold mine.

might add pic l8or if i can get my pic acount to work

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Guest Melvinkooi

Some pics of the POH Render arena north of the Exam Random event. (the only way to see the render arena, i wish i could use my Orb of Oculus there)

29nwcye.jpg

t6yxae.jpg

1zlvddf.jpg

Well, I'm checking out RC Altars and stuff as I'm F2P right now.

These are south of the Rune Essence Mine:

runeess.png

runeess2.png

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

For some reason, a lot of those pics give me the creeps. I dunno why, but seeing those "out of place" areas where they don't belong, and seemingly above/below where the "cameraperson" is standing makes me feel uneasy. The more I reflect on it, though, the more I think it's reminding me of some particularly surreal childhood dreams where I'd find entirely new, unexplored worlds "under" our own - i.e. I'd be walking in well-explored woods, turn the wrong way on a path and find an entirely new set of woods that weren't there before. While I'm sure everyone's had those kinds of dreams, they always left me feeling unsettled and wary when I woke up, and it seems like these pictures are bringing back those feelings.

Anyway, my DIY psychoanalysis aside, I've encountered several of these kinds of misplaced areas lots of times over the years, most of which I was never able to identify. Not sure if they're still there, but there seemed to be corners of a couple Runecrafting altars in the northern-most corners of the Rune Essence mine. I actually started a similar thread on another (now long-dead) fan forum quite a few years ago, and we came to basically the same conclusion - most of the areas are on the same plane, with multiple floor constructs like buildings extending into higher planes as needed. It's nice to see that curiosity on this issue is still alive.

cube347.jpg

Part of the Star Traks network. (^^Clicky!)

Irony: An amnesiac rediscovering they have an eidetic memory.

Guest Melvinkooi

Just Occuli'ed North of the sea at Piscatoris Fishing Colony because there is a huge black line on the minimap. There's a real huge fissure in the sea o_o

Is it during Swan Song or after?

Just Occuli'ed North of the sea at Piscatoris Fishing Colony because there is a huge black line on the minimap. There's a real huge fissure in the sea o_o

Is it during Swan Song or after?

After. I don't think its the Instanced version of it because you'd see the landmass. My guess is that the instanced area is under ground hence the black area round the minimap.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png

I have an idea: We could use waypoint markers to locate where we are in relation to the world map. We could plot out everything. We'd have to use two points, and use the direction of the arrow, to find out where things are on the map.

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

Guest Melvinkooi

I have an idea: We could use waypoint markers to locate where we are in relation to the world map. We could plot out everything. We'd have to use two points, and use the direction of the arrow, to find out where things are on the map.

I already did it to find out if the smoke dungeon at the Tower of Life was real, it wasn't the real one.