The True World Map? Post your findings! [Updated 2014]

Ned

Where is everyone suddenly getting these totally complete maps...so awesome to get confirmed all the things we saw ingame with limited draw distance when this thread started out.

I didn't know the deep floors of Daemonheim moved to such interesting places.

e342abbb271ed279394cf2db0159da6f.png

Man once the beta goes live they are going to majorly need to spread things out:

82f0f637a75aaa15aa3282e513a617b0.png

That's still Java I haven't checked with full HTML5 draw distance.  Like it's at a point now where it really kills immersion for newer players since you can't -not- see this.  Before, we needed an orb of oculus or massive resize screen to see this.

Edit: they seem to have already taken care of it.  This is HTML5, I think they have it so only the dungeons you are inside will show up both in game and on the minimap.77f756917baf245cc2a3f9017b8b29d5.png

Want to help the Tip.It Crew? Visit the Website Updates & Corrections forum!

Trying to find a way to see the POH instance storage here:

e91a4373ce843ac2d3b58ca7e3125306.png

Only accessible place to me atm is the blast furnace since everywhere else is quest and/or discontinued, and I'm pretty sure the TT instances are loaded somewhere else so I couldn't orb from there.

Water mill cellar is the quest version so if anyone has yet to do it...have fun.

Isn't that cellar instanced in the quest.

I feel like you're right, would make sense since POH is so close there's no way that's where you're actually teleported to. Can see the south area from Blast furnace though.

CookMePlox any way to get a Dec 2013 version?

Edit: Lol, minimap at blast furnace

3efdfaa3a64b9b1304a547d05d6edc03.png

Jagex still makes using the orb difficult but the expanded minimap is really helpful. Underground Pass by Taverley Slayer Dungeon. c7ed22996bb7b22a3cd2bcadcf64650d.png

The Mods Only Room

8e0199f7054d397f9eb5350bd09b9bda.png

e3ddc7a6b23ae81c2dcb5208ddd3e775.png

Does GC stand for Garbage Collection as in Jagex telling each other not to put any areas in these locations since they are used for some java related purpose?

And I guess those hand drawn warnings do actually appear on the minimap:

688f5cd0fbde873e7a14b6232732aa29.png

• Like 1

That's hilarious that "Easter 06" is actually right there.

any idea of how those maps were gotten?

As crazy as it sounds, my maps are actually directly from Jagex (although I and some friends labelled them). I'm an editor on the RuneScape Wiki, and a while ago we were in the process of making some maps and asked if Jagex had dungeon maps we could use. After a while they gave us (and everyone else on the fansite forums, including some Tip.It people) these, which ended up not being useful for producing maps but are totally awesome for the current purpose.

Warriormonkx, I don't have a more recent version. It could be worth asking Jagex about, although honestly not that much has changed map-wise since May. I do have an account that could do Death to the Dorgeshuun though, so I could take a look at the watermill cellar and related areas.

• Like 1

"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes a bigger man to laugh at that man."

-- Jack Handey

Cook_Me_Plox.png

That's hilarious that "Easter 06" is actually right there.

any idea of how those maps were gotten?

As crazy as it sounds, my maps are actually directly from Jagex (although I and some friends labelled them). I'm an editor on the RuneScape Wiki, and a while ago we were in the process of making some maps and asked if Jagex had dungeon maps we could use. After a while they gave us (and everyone else on the fansite forums, including some Tip.It people) these, which ended up not being useful for producing maps but are totally awesome for the current purpose.

Warriormonkx, I don't have a more recent version. It could be worth asking Jagex about, although honestly not that much has changed map-wise since May. I do have an account that could do Death to the Dorgeshuun though, so I could take a look at the watermill cellar and related areas.

YOU

ARE

FANTASTIC

• Like 2

Runescape player since 2005
Ego Sum Deus Quo Malum Caligo et Barathum

• 4 weeks later...

If it isnt on anything recent, and it is quite old, it may be on level 2 or 3 of the above world, aand thus not on most maps

So I've noticed that north of Kuradel's dungeon, there is what looks like the south eastern part of Varrock. I can clearly see the rune shop, however there is a gnome glider there?

The heck is that from?

So I've noticed that north of Kuradel's dungeon, there is what looks like the south eastern part of Varrock. I can clearly see the rune shop, however there is a gnome glider there?

The heck is that from?

2d87deac2e30987d7e9a8e6746464798.png

I think it's two cutscenes, not one. There's a cutscene in the forest and then a cutscene in Varrock, and they put the cutscene areas together but i'm guessing you'd never know with the camerawork.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just got this, didn't happen 10 minutes ago when I came to the same place.

XBPpkMf.png

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

I've had that in html5 beta dungeoneering before. Including sometimes in places which later turned out to be rooms, if I recall correctly.

• Like 1

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

• 1 month later...

I find it kinda surprising they haven't got a more robust minus level system in place for dungeon and cutscene locating.

So many of the early dungeons are located where they should be 1 level down, but then more and more and just chucked in any old gap.

I feel like they should upgrade the game engine to hold say -5 - +5 game levels then they can put most instances/cutscene areas on -5 or +5 kinda out of the way and reposition most normal dungeons to be in the right locations on -1 or -2 if space doesn't allow. I mean some they put apart it doesn't even really make much sense why they need to be apart eg pyramid plunder rooms, would not be at all strange for say room 1-4 to be right near each other as a 'floor' then 5-8 as another 'floor' beneath it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Back when things made sense, they didn't really have so many places "underground". Now, things are crowded they can't have any kind of organization so it is just thrown around somewhere