Runescape Banner with the "Sailing Cape"

Kietaro1

You just can't seem to get the point, can you now?

IF THEY DON'T MAKE A SAILING SKILL YOU CAN JUST ACCES THOSE ISLANDS THROUGH TRAVELLING (LIKE WITH CHARTER SHIPS)

wich is way much better than building an oak boat and doing it yourself.

silly

Tbh, I really think YOU dont get the point...

Imagine this scenario for a second: Jagex makes a new Island called:

Chazthemanisthebest Island

The only way to get to this magical island which contains new Dragon trees where you get Dragon logs that can be made into Dragon longbows... Is to sail there...

O wait a second, Jagex didnt give the Charter sailors an option to travel there... You would have to build ye own boat!

But ye would need a sturdy boat to get to this island as there are rocks and... waves...

So ye would have to level Sailing first to build a magnificent vessel! YeArr!

Does that explain it?

Anyway:

well one part of the skill can be battling other ships for loot ...

something like player versus player minigame where you battle the opposite team. every player will have a part (some of them loading the cannons , some of them attacking the other ship) ... higher the lvl - better the items you can use , dealing more damage .. better loot (well it can be done as a mini game , but so is thieving imo ..)

That is how I would imagine sailing to work. Imagine spending a lot of money to get a good boat - This means one that can take a beating and can deliver a beating. Then you grab ye crew (You have to have friends for ye crew im afraid) and go and defeat some pirate scum!

Then you could feel like risking your beautiful boat... in treacherous PvP waters!! Arrr!

If anybody played Puzzle Pirates, and played the battle navigation minigame - that is how I imagine it would work...

erjypx.jpg

Just kidding ladies, you know I love you =D

Guide to Making Money with NPC Trading

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hunter can be used to contribute to other skills (like ranged and agility). What would sailing be usefull for? Lets see... um, like,... travel. And oh... Travel!

Wow, you really need to change your name... :roll:

Anyways... you are also assuming the worst. You want compatibility with the other skills? Here you go:

Sailing to an island with...

-Ore

-Trees

-Fish

-RC altar

-Agility course

-Pickpocket-able people

-Hunt-able creatures

-Herbs

-Slayer monsters

All it takes is a little more creativity and a little less pessimism. I mean come on now.

you wouldn't need sailing to get to those islands.

Yes you would. Jagex would make them inaccessible except when you try to sail there - think of Agility shortcuts and areas. Without high enough Agility, you can't even cross some of the logs.

IF THEY DON'T MAKE A SAILING SKILL YOU CAN JUST ACCES THOSE ISLANDS THROUGH TRAVELLING (LIKE WITH CHARTER SHIPS)

silly

You're assuming that Jagex is dumb enough to make a completely pointless skill. You're missing something here... Jagex can make it have a point!

Hunter can be used to contribute to other skills (like ranged and agility). What would sailing be usefull for? Lets see... um, like,... travel. And oh... Travel!

Anyways... you are also assuming the worst. You want compatibility with the other skills? Here you go:

-Ore

-Trees

-Fish

-RC altar

-Agility course

-Pickpocket-able people

-Hunt-able creatures

-Herbs

-Slayer monsters

All it takes is a little more creativity and a little less pessimism. I mean come on now.

Yes you would. Jagex would make them inaccessible except when you try to sail there - think of Agility shortcuts and areas. Without high enough Agility, you can't even cross some of the logs.

silly

You're assuming that Jagex is dumb enough to make a completely pointless skill. You're missing something here... Jagex can make it have a point!

Stealing creations would also make a point if it gave exp during the game, but it doesn't

priest_wiz.png

Ah, so you are basing your assumptions that Jagex would make a useless skill off the fact that they didn't satisfy you with one mini game? We're talking about skills here, not mini games. The point behind a skill is to help make your character stronger and more experienced so you will be able to accomplish any task that gets in your way - the point behind a mini game is to just have fun while playing it.

Ah, so you are basing your assumptions that Jagex would make a useless skill off the fact that they didn't satisfy you with one mini game? We're talking about skills here, not mini games. The point behind a skill is to help make your character stronger and more experienced so you will be able to accomplish any task that gets in your way - the point behind a mini game is to just have fun while playing it.

So you are saying that sailing makes you stronger?

priest_wiz.png

I agree with you. There's nothing on that cape.

But when it comes to if sailing will come or not, I won't say anything. There must be some reason to all these rumours about it and sure it would be a cool skill. It seems a bit drastical and a bit unreal, but you never know what Jagex comes up with...

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

Everything Jagex releases on their website is evidence for some sort of skill, quest, etc.

It's annoying to go to the RSOF and see tons of threads that say "zomgzers jadx iz gana relese sailin pomg i cant wait i think it gana hav cool stuf liek we can liek sail 2 ilands and stuf o man i cant w8!"

Oh well, peace guys, off to range Lesser Demons for Slayer! \' =D>

-Ore

-Trees

-Fish

-RC altar

-Agility course

-Pickpocket-able people

-Hunt-able creatures

-Herbs

-Slayer monsters

silly

I really haven't said much in these forums for a while, but god dam that is a dumb thing to say.. 1 word - Hunter; wheres the point..? a couple junk capes and some thieving gloves that aren't even worth the time it takes to repair them. And like evry other reward except imps are Hunter only rewards.. There is a skill that was a junk idea the first time it was suggested on these forums so many years ago.. "tease ghrack"?!! Why cant I just range the [bleep]in thing? When I think of hunting it's go shoot a bear/deer/moose with your gun(obviously not scape) or arrow.

But then again I never thought much of the farming ideas, and they really took that one home.. I just wish they'd spend more time expanding skills like that with real rewards, and so many more possibilities (An artic pine patch on nezinot? more desert patches? what about mort myre? Things obviously do grow there).

But I have to say Sailing=very distinct possibility.. Building a ship would be more carpentry but as your level goes up you could take on rougher waters, steer better, dodge whales (lol, i don't know. I'm sure they'd make some moby [bleep] type quest) there are lots of things they could do with it

What other ideas could they have for new stats? Slayer2? lol

My first ever guide - for advanced farmers (~50+)

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?t=549364

Now With Pictures!! - let me know what you think

I really haven't said much in these forums for a while, but god dam that is a dumb thing to say.. 1 word - Hunter; wheres the point..? a couple junk capes and some thieving gloves that aren't even worth the time it takes to repair them. And like evry other reward except imps are Hunter only rewards.. There is a skill that was a junk idea the first time it was suggested on these forums so many years ago.. "tease ghrack"?!! Why cant I just range the [bleep] thing? When I think of hunting it's go shoot a bear/deer/moose with your gun(obviously not scape) or arrow.

But then again I never thought much of the farming ideas, and they really took that one home.. I just wish they'd spend more time expanding skills like that with real rewards, and so many more possibilities (An artic pine patch on nezinot? more desert patches? what about mort myre? Things obviously do grow there).

But I have to say Sailing=very distinct possibility.. Building a ship would be more carpentry but as your level goes up you could take on rougher waters, steer better, dodge whales (lol, i don't know. I'm sure they'd make some moby [bleep] type quest) there are lots of things they could do with it

What other ideas could they have for new stats? Slayer2? lol

hunter has lots of great rewards, chins being the best of the best, there are one of the best ranging training ways, and you can make 15, getting the skill to 99, that is enough to point it out to be a good skill, and i think sailing have loads and loads of opetunitys, sailing wars, loads of islands with new training, could unlock the eastern lands, could make money transporting goods to places, i see alot of great things in that skill, i personely hope it would come out.

i spell worry pourly to night for some weird reason :?

My private chat is always ON.

Winner of The Tip.It Teamcape Outfit Contest!

6 years. 1 dragon CS drop and some barrows, bad luck?

99melee.jpg

So you are saying that sailing makes you stronger?

No - more experienced. It was right next to "stronger"...

I really haven't said much in these forums for a while, but god dam that is a dumb thing to say.. 1 word - Hunter; wheres the point..?

You honestly never heard of Red Chins? Wow man...

a couple junk capes and some thieving gloves that aren't even worth the time it takes to repair them.

Yeah, use the worst items as a representation of the whole skill. Now to make things more fair, I'll use the best: red chins.

And like evry other reward except imps are Hunter only rewards.. There is a skill that was a junk idea the first time it was suggested on these forums so many years ago.. "tease ghrack"?!! Why cant I just range the [bleep] thing?

You're telling me about your dissatisfaction with the skill - I'm talking about the ability to make a skill have a point. There is a big difference.

When I think of hunting it's go shoot a bear/deer/moose with your gun(obviously not scape) or arrow.

Again, this has nothing to do with the fact that Jagex has the ability to make a skill fun and useful.

I hightly doubt that's a sailing cape =/

Also, what the hell would be the point in sailing? It's a dumb idea if you ask me...

I totally agree.

And to Zierro

Try naming other items than red chins

I won't argue about Jagex' ability to make things fun and interesting, but why don't they take a skill that at least SOUNDS fun (unlike sailing) and make that a fun and interesting skill?

priest_wiz.png

You know, there's a lot of nasty people on this thread who are so narrowminded they won't except the fact that a bad sounding or mediocre idea can be done greatly.

You want proof? Think of Archaeology, tell yourself how stupid the idea of the skill would be, then go read my Archaeology Skill Suggestion thread via the link in my signature.

Sailing is a good idea, and will mostly likely be a skill, if not this year, then one of the years to come.

archsupportei2.png

outsanitysig1jc0.png

|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|blogbutton.png

You know, there's a lot of nasty people on this thread who are so narrowminded they won't except the fact that a bad sounding or mediocre idea can be done greatly.

You want proof? Think of Archaeology, tell yourself how stupid the idea of the skill would be, then go read my Archaeology Skill Suggestion thread via the link in my signature.

Sailing is a good idea, and will mostly likely be a skill, if not this year, then one of the years to come.

^

PS - Archaeology sucks.

PPS - No. It does not. And neither does Sailing.

Although i think this banner had nothing to do with Sailing, as is commonly agreed now, I still think its an excellent idea with a lot of potential that will at some point be implemented by Jagex.

Lanthode.png

:|

That's all I gotta say after reading this thread...

And it's just a regular blue dyed caped, just with enhanced details with an enhanced image.

I hightly doubt that's a sailing cape =/

Also, what the hell would be the point in sailing? It's a dumb idea if you ask me...

I totally agree.

And to Zierro

Try naming other items than red chins

I won't argue about Jagex' ability to make things fun and interesting, but why don't they take a skill that at least SOUNDS fun (unlike sailing) and make that a fun and interesting skill?

Dude, all you are arguing is that those skills suck in your opinion. Well, guess what? I can do the same exact thing. Watch me - Hunter doesn't suck. I mean at least bring up something new other than your dissatisfaction - which differs from person to person.

My point is that Jagex can make a skill fun, interesting, and useful. Are you seriously arguing that they don't have the ability to update their own game?

It hasn't even been a year since summoning. Jagex said it takes an extremely long time to create and tinker with a skill to get it just perfect.

I just think that it is way too soon for Jagex to even displaying "hints" on a new skill. And I hope to god that if a new skill is coming sailing is not that skill.