'Highlander' (Skill lol)

dv_trainer

This skill rotates around the exp you get for legendary deeds and the benefits that come from this. Highlander begins with being simply a skill that sometimes will substitute itself for your Hitpoints and then eventually allows you to simply become Nigh-Invulnerable as the mystical energy of the universe is shaped around yourself

Don't worry - i'll try to simply make this an awesome and balanced skill. I have the following schedule for its posting:

- Quest (Last Souls Standing) - This begins your journey through the skill

- Basic (Deeds in Combat) - These are the levels 3-30

- Quest (Only One Survives) - This is the second quest that fills the gulf between 25 and 40

- Advanced (Deeds of Song) - These are the levels 40-60

- Master (Mythology Beckons) - These are the levels 55-85

- Quest (The Highlander) - This is the final quest that allows you to access the Skill Cape bearer

- Grandmaster (Deeds of Legend) - These are the levels 90-99

[hide=Last Souls Standing]Go to: Num Erouno at Port Phasmatys

Required: Started Wolf Whistle, Finished Restless Ghost

1: Go to Num Erouno. He will give you a book on the Highlanders, a mythical band of warriors who are renowned in the world of the east for their deeds of ancient. Read it

2: The book will say lots of legendary stuff, but will then get into a lot of jargon about some more well known Highlanders. Then it will say about the Last Deed of the First Highlander - about how as an old man he tried to finish some task. He failed, and travelled to a town on the edge of the east - Port Phasmatys - as a penance

3: Talk to Num Erouno and you will say that you think you are good enough to finish this last task. He will tell you to go to Pickupstiix (the Summoning Guy)

4: Go to Pickupstiix. You will show him the book, and he will ask you to get a Guam, Bedsheet, and 75gp. He will give you 10 'Summon From Beyond' Scrolls - this will allow you to speak to 10 members of the dead between the 10 scrolls

5: Read the book again. This time it will say about Lumbridge - how there was a dragon of prodigous power resting there to be reborn. Go to see Sir Vant - the guy who is involved in the New Tutorial

6: Speak to him, and you will show him the book. He will let you past. Go into the first chamber along, and you will see some Dragon eggs. Take one. A 'Blue Hatchling' will emerge. Kill it, and you will take its carcass

7: Go back to Num Erouno. He will say that this was what the book spoke of. The First Highlander had a quest to kill the first of the King Blue Dragons. He then says of when he first met you, he saw a glimmer of that highlander in you

8: 'What would be better than the First Highlander to be avenged in his quest to slay the first King Blue Dragon than for the Latest Highlander to slay the Last?'

9: Num Erouno takes you to a cave under Dragontooth Island. It is filled with Statues - which when examined say that they are 'Highlanders of Past'. Go down some stairs

10: Use the Summon from Dead scroll on the grave to the furthest east of the room. Now you have summoned a 'High Mourner'. He will declare your quest shrawn from the Book of Deeds. The quest is over

REWARD: 300exp to Highlander, Ability to use Summon from Dead scrolls, the Highlander Horn, Ability to train the skill[/hide]

[hide=Deeds in Combat]This section covers the first 30 levels (3-30). Technically, only levels 4-30 could be trained

Between levels 3 and 30, there are a few ways to train:

- Making Summon from Dead scrolls. This requires a Guam, 5 shards, 1 pouch, and a Bedsheet, and is the ONLY way that you can finish Highlander Deeds for the first 30 levels (at least). This gains you 30exp for 10 scrolls

- Finishing the Only One Survives quest (covered in the next section) and thus unlocking the next levels (40-60) as there is a 10 level gap then

- Finishing Deeds in Combat

Level 3 - Finishing the Brood - Communication (Summon from Dead, Dragontooth) - 35exp

This involves you re-doing the quest's aim. To do this, you will have to go back to Sir Vant, and examine another egg. The difference is that the Blue Hatchling that is to be defeated is harder. 20HP, Level 15, and hits at the rate of a Scimitar

Strength: 10, Attack 10, Defence 5

Level 9 - Burning the Flesh - Communication (Summon from Dead, Dragontooth) - 70exp

This involves you going to Mort Myre and using Tinderboxes on some trees. Eventually you will have a Mutant Myre Snail attack you - 35HP, Level 29, and hits at the rate of a 2H!

Strength: 18, Attack 15, Defence: 15

Over the kills, you will have a 60% chance of getting your goal - a Zamorak's Shell. Bring this to Num Erouno - he will bring you to the Highlander chamber. You will need to bring a Lit Torch and Blamish Oil. Use the Oil on the Shell, and then set it alight with the Lit Torch (20 Firemaking required). Then Summon from Dead the High Priest

Level 16 -[/hide]

Boom! Dead Shot

Based entirely around the film Highlander,

I stopped reading here

As did I.

Same.

Yup.

And so did I. Come up with an original idea, and i'll think about doing more than skimming through it.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

[hide=Same Results]

I stopped reading here

As did I.

Same.

Yup.

And so did I. Come up with an original idea, and i'll think about doing more than skimming through it.

[/hide]Agreed with all of you.

[hide=Same Results]

I stopped reading here

As did I.

Same.

Yup.

Same for me really, is this serious?

I don't think this is very well thought out, or original :|

This is actually a serious thread. I'm developing something to counteract the power that Jagex is investing into weapons these days. The only unfortunate thing is that I don't know what the skill would be called tbh

Boom! Dead Shot

Not to mention that the way you layed out the skill is horrible, but, Ill take a stab in the dark.

This skill is about a series of quests, doing each one advances the skill?

How does this take any skill? Quests are already known to be easy enough as it is due to the fact that a guide can be used and they are finished in a half an hour.

This, is just, stupid. There is nothing unique about this, it might as well just be new quest ideas.

And the fact that Highlander is a copyrighted name.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Lol, you guys are the worst, you never even gave the guy a chance.

The way I see it, it's something a bit similar to slayer (considering you're going to have to talk to different dead people to get your tasks), just this one requires 3 quests to have mastered.

It's just about being a legend (I think), similar to Dragon Slayer for example.

The way I see it, it's something a bit similar to slayer (considering you're going to have to talk to different dead people to get your tasks), just this one requires 3 quests to have mastered.

Popularity skill?

blood_argon.gif

Popularity skill?

Popularity amongst NPCs?

I'm so glad that I gave up on the suggestion after starting the FIRST [bleep] update. What a waste of time.

You've really shattered my respect of the Tip.It forums

Lol, well what can I say? That's what happens when you open up a thread starting with:

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

I'm so glad that I gave up on the suggestion after starting the FIRST [bleep] update. What a waste of time.

Respect?

This is just a poorly written idea.

And a poor idea.

You cant just toss garbage in front of me and expect it to be called art.

blood_argon.gif

Now to summarise the annoyance with a simple statement taken (and edited - short etc) by me:

This is an extremely short, but still in progress suggestion for an Legendary Skill. I have, to the best of my ability, made sure not to suggest anything overpowered or unrealistic. My goal is to show people the potential this skill could possess if done correctly. I can only hope, that as you read through this, you will find yourself wanting the skill to be real, as I have for a while now.

Also, please, do not post on this thread unless you have thoroughly read through ALL of the post. It is short, yes, but I want intelligent posts with comments and construction criticism.

Please no flaming. No rude behavior. No foul language. Follow ALL of Tip It's Forum rules, and then some.

Boom! Dead Shot

Respect?

This is just a poorly written idea.

And a poor idea.

You cant just toss garbage in front of me and expect it to be called art.

And you can't just look at a post and call it garbage simply because it is a work in progress

Boom! Dead Shot

I'll admit it wasnt exactly the best idea for anything, but you dont have to go full in and just insult him or (break his respect) because of it.

Being "cool" on the internet just makes you look like a [developmentally delayed].

I dont need a siggy no moar.

[hide=Same Results]

I stopped reading here

As did I.

Same.

Yup.

Guess what...

So did I :D