Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince (SPOILERS WITHIN)

Greatsilverwyrm

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest GhostRanger
yes im sure about it, just because it isnt in the white mans dictionary doesn't mean its a made up word

The white mans? If by that you mean the ENGLISH dictionary...

And no, "sonned" is not an english word so just give it up. It might be a word in another language, but it is not an English word and this board's primary language is english.

yes im sure about it, just because it isnt in the white mans dictionary doesn't mean its a made up word

The white mans? If by that you mean the ENGLISH dictionary...

And no, "sonned" is not an english word so just give it up. It might be a word in another language, but it is not an English word and this board's primary language is english.

It does appear in the urban dictionary, so it does occur in slang. Still means it's not normal English, though (won't be in the Oxford dictionary I'd guess).

I finally finished reading it yesterday night and to sum it all up: I am kinda disappointed.

First, I thought it was too short. With each book increasing in the pages, I thought this book was going to be massive but was sadly mistaken.

Second, though what happened with Dumbledore dying wasn't a shock and it would have been;(I seen a video in which these guys, at 1A.M of the opening day, drove by and told the shocker.) I couldn't really see it happen, even with him being weakened.(Also, would he of died anyway? Was it poison?)

Thirdly, though the prospect of Harry, Ron, and Hermione skipping school and leading what could be a really good adventure, we, or I would miss out on what is happening with the other characters. Though their roles are not as "special" as those three and their surrounding characters(The Order, parents), I would still like to see whats going on, if they keep Hogwarts open.

Anyways, through out the book, I was looking for a good quote, normally they all have one reminder of them all, this one was my favorite:

Malfoy: "..only your Phoenix lot got in the way..."

Dumbledore: "Yes, they do that,"

I chuckled at this, don't know why..Just thought it was funny.

HQ AND SPT BN

BRIG CO.

Marine Corps Base, Camp Lejeune.

PFC/USMC/060310-Current

ummm have a prediction

You guys have no life

They are just arguing about one of the best book for children and older people of the last decade. I'm reading it myself, and i don't understand how discussing and reading a book makes u have no life. Some people maybe don't understand the book fully, or think they know how book 7 will look like, let them think and if u find it dumb, don't react and go do other things.

ummm have a prediction

You guys have no life

Play runescape?

Holy [cabbage] man you have no life either :roll:

I know its kind of late but did anybody realized it was harry and nevilles birthday yesterday (july 31)?

I know I'm a dork :oops:

I didn't, but on that topic, what do you guys think about Neville killing Voldy? The prophecy said it could be either and everyone dismissed the Neville option without even thinking about it :?

I would love it it Neville kills Voldy right in front of Harry since Harry's always so "I have to do this myself" :wink:

2003676992682512083_rs.jpg

Haveing read the book (In one day....It'd take awhile to explane why)

I have some interesting predictions for the 7th book.

1. Harry will return to school in order to find the location of the horcrux which is an item of griffindors or ravenclaws.

2. R.A.B. stands for Sirius Black's brother, so Harry will find the locket in Grimmald Place

3. Snap will die (although not nessesarly by Harry)

4. Voldemort will die (duh!)

5. Malfoy is not quite unredeemable so he will either die or redeem himself

6. Harry may turn out to by Godric graffindor's heir

7. Grawp will play an important role

Thats about it really.

Haveing read the book (In one day....It'd take awhile to explane why)

I have some interesting predictions for the 7th book.

1. Harry will return to school in order to find the location of the horcrux which is an item of griffindors or ravenclaws.

2. R.A.B. stands for Sirius Black's brother, so Harry will find the locket in Grimmald Place

3. Snap will die (although not nessesarly by Harry)

4. Voldemort will die (duh!)

5. Malfoy is not quite unredeemable so he will either die or redeem himself

6. Harry may turn out to by Godric graffindor's heir

7. Grawp will play an important role

Thats about it really.

Pretty sure J.K already dismissed that during her interview on mugglenet

I know its kind of late but did anybody realized it was harry and nevilles birthday yesterday (july 31)?

I didn't, but on that topic, what do you guys think about Neville killing Voldy? The prophecy said it could be either and everyone dismissed the Neville option without even thinking about it :?

I would love it it Neville kills Voldy right in front of Harry since Harry's always so "I have to do this myself" :wink:

Impossible - the prophecy *at first* could have been about Harry or Neville. But part of the prophecy was that Voldemort would try to kill (something along these lines) the one that the prophecy spoke of. So because Voldemort tried to kill Harry, the prophecy is now about Harry... so in a sense, Voldemort chose who the prophecy spoke of.

summerpngwy6.jpg

Guest GhostRanger

Actually, Neville's birthday is July 30th, not the 31st.

The prophecy said "when the 7th month dies" which doesn't necessarily mean teh very last day. JKR said Neville was born on the 30th.

Thats about it really.

Turn to and read page 116 (of the American version) of the OOTP.....

Interesting. Isn't it?

Well I found this site, it has several good points though I myself beleive dumbledore is dead. http://www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com/

That site has been posted a couple of times before. While it does look into the matter in great detail, they tend to make things that are probably nothing into something big.

Thats about it really.

Interesting. Isn't it?

Argh i got aussie version. What does it say?

Guest GhostRanger

Thats about it really.

Interesting. Isn't it?

They are emptying cabinets in Grimmauld Place and at the bottom of the page it says

...also a heacy locket that none of them could open

Just wondering if anyone could answer this question

In HBP harry never tries to talk to sirus though a picture or portrait. I know his picture was blasted off the family tree in his house but that couldent have been the only one.

In the movie (Prisoner of azkaban) he would walk by pictures of sirus and he would just be moving around insane.

I'm sure hes going to try to talk to dumbledore but why not sirus?

As far as I can remember, you can't just talk to anyone through a picture. At least not any dead person. What would be the point of death then? For you to linger around in a pic? Nah. If so, don't you think Harry would have talked to his parents thru pics? I believe in the books, all we are told is that the former Hogwards Headmasters have their pictures up on walls, and the picture contains perhaps a part of their memory that will forever look after the castle. So Harry won't be able to speak to Dumbledore really, he will just be talking to the memory...I guess...of Dumbledore.

signaturecj5.jpg

Thats about it really.

Interesting. Isn't it?

They are emptying cabinets in Grimmauld Place and at the bottom of the page it says

...also a heacy locket that none of them could open

Wow, very good find! So Harry has probably already touched Voldemorts horcrux :o