Baby Had a Foot in It's Tumor

Dizzle229

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. (Dec. 18) - A pediatric neurosurgeon says a tumor he removed from the brain of a Colorado Springs infant contained a tiny foot and other partially formed body parts.

Dr. Paul Grabb said he operated on Sam Esquibel at Memorial Hospital for Children after an MRI showed a microscopic tumor on the newborn's brain. Sam was 3 days old and otherwise healthy.

'Borderline Unheard of' CaseChristian Murdock, The Gazette / AP2 photos A tumor removed from this baby boy's brain contained a tiny foot and other partially formed body parts, his doctor said. "To find a perfectly formed structure (like this) is extremely unique, unusual, borderline unheard of," said Dr. Paul Grabb. Here, a physical therapist massages Sam Esquibel's scar at a therapy session in Colorado Springs, Colo., on Dec. 11.(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)

Grabb said that while removing the growth, he discovered it contained a nearly perfect foot and the formation of another foot, a hand and a thigh.

"It looked like the breach delivery of a baby, coming out of the brain," Grabb said. "To find a perfectly formed structure (like this) is extremely unique, unusual, borderline unheard of."

Grabb isn't sure what caused the growth but says it may have been a type of congenital brain tumor. However, such tumors usually are less complex than a foot or hand, he said.

The growth may also have been a case of "fetus in fetu" in which a fetal twin begins to form within another but such cases very rarely occur in the brain, Grabb said.

Sam's parents, Tiffnie and Manuel Esquibel, said their son is at home now but faces monthly blood tests to check for signs of cancer or regrowth, along with physical therapy to improve the use of his neck. But they say he has mostly recovered from the Oct. 3 surgery.

"You'd never know if he didn't have a scar there," Tiffnie Esquibel said.

http://news.aol.com/health/article/baby ... 1200980001

The Dark Half anyone?

LOTRjokesigedition-1.png

Get back here so I can rub your butt.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it 3 thumbs up.

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Wow :shock: That's quite weird, and astonishing. The chances of that happening are so remote, I would think, that it would never happen again.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

If that tumor was undetected, and stayed in to develop, do you think a leg would slowly grow as it got larger?

I think you should disable your pop-up blocker.

Even the report is telling you to do so.

megakillersigbyhawkxsrh0.png

Quit Runescape 30th May 2006.

Thanks to Hawkxs for my signature :)

If that tumor was undetected, and stayed in to develop, do you think a leg would slowly grow as it got larger?

I think you should disable your pop-up blocker.

Even the report is telling you to do so.

What are you going on about?

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

Ew, wouldn't it be pretty epic if you had body parts exploding out of your head? O_O

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Ive heard of some horrible stuff growing inside tumors, suchs as teeth and nails, but a fully formed foot is just crazy.

Theres a fine line between not listening and not caring,

I like to think I walk this line every day.

Pinning blame on Jagex is like trying to put pants on an old man.

You both know he needs them, but he'll just keep dancing around, avoiding them at all costs.

Ive heard of some horrible stuff growing inside tumors, suchs as teeth and nails, but a fully formed foot is just crazy.

You have? That's strang... :-k

ojdv.jpg

I read a news story once about some guy who had a testicular tumor, inside it they found teeth and hair. There were pictures.

It grossed me out so much I didn't eat for a week. :|

spacescenev24.jpg

I read a news story once about some guy who had a testicular tumor, inside it they found teeth and hair. There were pictures.

It grossed me out so much I didn't eat for a week. :|

Are you serious!!!!!

That's disgusting! I had not idea at all the tumours could grow body parts. I just thought that they were little cancerous lumps slowly killing you...I have to do some research on this...

~Ouchy

ojdv.jpg

The idea is that the tumor is an unborn twin that is absorbed into the other twin before birth. Once the baby was born, the unborn twin started growing again.

And slowly sucking the life out of its host and killing it? Lovely parasite 8-)

~Ouchy

ojdv.jpg

I don't know what to say except 'Big Deal'. :|

What has the world come to when having another person growing inside of someone isn't surprising?

What do you mean "What has the world come to"? Stuff like this is fairly common; fully formed teeth, eyes, and hair, among other parts, are found all the time. In fact, my mother knew two people that had teeth growing in their foot/body.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

But once you can chew with your feet, then we'll talk.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

I have feet growing out of both of my ankles.

That must mean you have at least four feet! :shock:

That would be awesome, apart from needing to buy 4 Pairs of Shoes <.<(The Santa hat doesn't do it justice...)

~Ouchy

ojdv.jpg