At what point should a F2P become a P2P?

HugeBrain

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a f2p who plans on becoming p2p, but I wanna be fairly high leveled so I'm not wasting money on doing f2p skills while being a member. (I'll have to use my phone to buy membership as I have no other method of payment..) So yeah, I'm being a cheapskate as long as I can. x)

Whenever you want to spend $5 on a game then go for it. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise, it's your money.

but if your such a low level theres a point when its just a waste of your money.

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

i became at level 76 with like 800 total imo beat all the f2p quest and then get members by then your skills should be ok enough

now i beat all the f2p quest but didnt become a member for like 3 months after cause i didnt have a good payment method.

and training f2p skills in p2p isnt a waste of money imo even when i train f2p skills i do them in a p2p way most of the time and the general p2p community has a higher avarage age and maturity than the f2p community.

StarViv.png

i would say lv80ish shud be good wen i entered the mems world there wasent a lot of mem only things i could kill for cash so i had to train to lv90...killing nonmem things but the mem drops do come in handy. i dont understand y lv40-50s become mem...some have not even got rune plate yet....yet again who would need it if u can get granite.

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

sambudwiser.png

• 2 weeks later...

A F2P should become a member when He/She finds the money, and when He/She knows the basic rules.

If your a skiller then wait till you are close to getting into the Guild if your skill has a guild, then become a member, it is easyer to lvl once your a member cause of the wide range of monsters and skills to help.

Act as one for the whole, not as one for yourself.

Skill Outfits;

Sous Chef: 5/5 Completed 11/30/2012

Artisan: 5/5 Completed 11/30/2012

Blacksmith: 4/5

Bontanist: 3/5

Personally, I think that a player's levels in no way, should determine when they should become P2P. F2P players should go P2P, when F2P fails to fulfill a player's desires. This could be for more content or simply faster skills training.

100% F2P

Bonesaw342.png

234fcb4520.png

Bonesaw342.png

Bonesaw342.png

99 Defense, Tuesday February 10th 2009

99 Attack, Tuesday May 26th 200962,189th to get it

Personally, I think that a player's levels in no way, should determine when they should become P2P. F2P players should go P2P, when F2P fails to fulfill a player's desires. This could be for more content or simply faster skills training.

seems like a waste of REAL money though if you decide to go p2p at too low a level.

It would be greatly appreciated if all submissions would be officially credited to Huge Brain.

How much is your account worth to you? Check out this hot topic: http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=775255

Why is this a fight over the money? Can someone answer that for me because in my mind if the person really wants to become a P2P and has the cash, why should they worrie about the money?

Act as one for the whole, not as one for yourself.

Skill Outfits;

Sous Chef: 5/5 Completed 11/30/2012

Artisan: 5/5 Completed 11/30/2012

Blacksmith: 4/5

Bontanist: 3/5

seems like a waste of REAL money though if you decide to go p2p at too low a level.

It is not. You profit from P2P at every level. You have a lot more options to train skills, even when they're low.

The overall effect of P2P might be a bit lower when being low level, but still, P2P is always an improvement over F2P, so if you like the game, it's worth the money at any time.

I'm a f2p who plans on becoming p2p, but I wanna be fairly high leveled so I'm not wasting money on doing f2p skills while being a member. (I'll have to use my phone to buy membership as I have no other method of payment..) So yeah, I'm being a cheapskate as long as I can. x)

Amen \' =D> =D> =D>

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

i became at level 76 with like 800 total imo beat all the f2p quest and then get members by then your skills should be ok enough

now i beat all the f2p quest but didnt become a member for like 3 months after cause i didnt have a good payment method.

and training f2p skills in p2p isnt a waste of money imo even when i train f2p skills i do them in a p2p way most of the time and the general p2p community has a higher avarage age and maturity than the f2p community.

true, but i think what people are tryna say is that if you became a memb at such a low level that you really couldnt even do many member things, then what would have been the point? It can be a real waste if you dont have the levels needed for what ever you're doing.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif

i would say lv80ish shud be good wen i entered the mems world there wasent a lot of mem only things i could kill for cash so i had to train to lv90...killing nonmem things but the mem drops do come in handy. i dont understand y lv40-50s become mem...some have not even got rune plate yet....yet again who would need it if u can get granite.

lolz, but if you can't wear rune, then you can't wear granite either. thats where the whole levels arguement comes in handy. yes you can still do f2p level things, but sometimes thats not always really worth it.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

• 2 weeks later...

I became a member as soon as I was able to determine that the game was worth the money. That was, if I recall correctly, on my fourth or fifth day of play.

Did I "waste my money on f2p skills"? Hardly. I completed Wolf Whistle at combat level 25, and actually got decent use out of the low leveled combat familiars. That is something very few people get to experience, sadly (...and the reason low level combat familiars are seen as useless...most people have outgrown them by the time they gain access to the skill).

Besides, $6 a month is a pittance. The immediate benefits (better playing environment, less crowding at skilling sites, etc) were more than worth the membership fee.

At what point should a F2P become a P2P? I've seen lvl 3s in member worlds and asked myself: What is that noob doing here?

When is it worth becoming a member? What lvl(s) should first be achieved?

What are your thoughts?

The level 3's were probably skillers. I think you should play rs for more than 20 minutes before you become a member.

alll f2p quests done and achievement diary

a nice base of 15k of ea rune that f2p can craft and 2k nats 1k cosimcs and 1k laws

all stasts 60+

a good amout of jewelery (rings and ammies mostly and least 50 ea)

7 mil cash

at this point u can go to p2p and enjoy it

34sny53.png

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

a nice base of 15k of ea rune that f2p can craft and 2k nats 1k cosimcs and 1k laws

all stasts 60+

7 mil cash

Woah waoh waoh. wtf? 7mil cash?...on f2p?...before member? did the rs world we live in change? I know there are f2p's out there w/ that kind of money, but they've been playing for A LONG TIME. Some of those reqs are a lil too high. I went p2p FOR the money. lolz.

Dpattle.png[hide=]

[/hide]

all stasts 60+

7 mil cash

Way too much

image.pl?URL=171577-4798

hatzyv.png

Pureprayer, you're awesome.