Tip.It Times Present: Double Feature!

n_odie

This week we have not only one article, but two!

The first article, That Dragon Feeling by DarkDude98, covers the the feeling of a Dragon Item drop, is it still there?

Ever since the first Dragon drops were introduced I have always wanted to get one for myself, the rarity of them, the price of them, the prestige of getting the rarest drop in the game at the time was something I wanted to experience myself...

The second article, A Grainy Christmas by ForsakenMage, gives a nice tale. Lets not spoil it though, take a read!

As an adventurer from the northern lands, I have often wondered what Christmas was like for those in the deserts of Al Kharid. Its very unlikely theyd

have a white Christmas, let alone a green Christmas. Its also very unlikely a pine tree could last in such heat, so I doubt they have Christmas trees. So what is Christmas like in Al

Kharid?...

Enjoy both articles!

~Odie

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Both Fantastic Articles!

FIRST POST YAY!

:lol:

Don't ask me why I was so compelled to do this....

I have never gotten a dragon drop so I think the excitement would be there for me but it would not be the same as there is so little value in many dragon items these days. :(

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

my first first. yay...

this doesnt feel the way i thought it would...

i have never gotten a dragon drop. but i guess i kinda understood the feeling the first time i got a rune drop, from the lesser demons. it was more of a "meh" feeling though.

EDIT: omg! oh no you didn't! sigh...

Seeing as i haven't been a member long enough to get a dragon drop i would guess i would feel disappointed to get a dragon drop... because i can buy all of the dragon items now and actually have... with the exception of the chain and the full helm... those two items would be the only ones that i would feel a magic feeling with...

Edit: I Just looked up the dragon items and i just noticed that there was a dragon pl8 which i would get the feeling with too... (i havent been a member for a while so i am not up to date with the member items -.- )

Other then this one when it was 36m before pvp was out: http://leejjon.net/rs/dfhftw.png

Didn't really ever have a "wow" feeling from dragon drops. When I had 2 d axes in a trip at dagannoth kings when they were 3.6m ea was like "nice", and getting 3 d skirts in a first steel dragon trip also appeared to be rare when doing some other trips and never got any more d skirts :P.

i remember my first (and only -.- ) dragon drop. i was on my way to steel dragons and took a wrong turn into the bronze dragon area. before i could leave a bronze attacked me and i just couldn't let him live for that so i preceeded to kill him. after i was done i took the bones and nothiced that there were two items that started with dragon. got myself dragon legs killing a bronze. 2 years later i have killed thousands of iron and steels and not a single d drop yet.......maybe i should go back to bronze :wall:

abuck298.png

abuck298.png

abuck298.png

I am currently at 3 dragon medium helms, all 3 with coinshare from the KBD sadly :/

I had that WOW feeling back in rsc, when i got my first rune item :D

Someone gave me a rune med to me for 3k, a black sq shield and a black plate! I was so happy i didn't realise it was only worth 10k, but at least i finally had a rune item!

134 Combat + 96 slayer and I still have to get:

Dragon Legs

Dragon Skirt

Dragon Chain

Dragon 2h

Half Shield

Dragonic visage

---

I've killed over 5k steels and 3k irons and still am left with no dragon drops whatsoever, same story after 2518 KQ's.

I have HOWEVER been in a situation that I'm quite sure of NONE of you has been in ^^. On the day the mithril dragons were released I decided to go there right when I logged on, just to see what those awesome high lvl monsters would look like. I took a basic magic outfit (priest robes, no kdding), a inventory of sharks and prayer potions, a magic potion and enough runes for 200 slayer dart spells, just in case I would decide to try to kill one once I had seen them.

I entered the cave and was immediately astonished by their reflective cyan appearence, and the idea that these monsters could drop the long awaited dragon full helm gave me thrills. It was quit busy in the cavern and after waiting for 10 minutes I finally managed to get a hit on my first ever mithril dragon. As I was trying to figure out which prayer to use I was getting hit tremendously by this beautiful dragon I was shooting my powerful spells at.

As the health bar of the mithril dragon was getting smaller, so was my inventory. Shark after shark dissappeared from my inventory, never before did I solo a monster so powerful, halfway there I wasn't sure if I could kill this dragon before I would be forced to teleport. Then finally I ran out of food but luckily simultaneously the dragon fell over, after a intense 2minute fight.

Then the drop appeared and I saw a red coloured item beneath the pile of dragon bones. I was pretty excited and thought: "wowa cool they drop dragon medium helmets too, and I got it on my first mithril dragon ever, and only hours after they were released. Then I right clicked the pile and it said

'Take dragon full helm'

I rubbed in my eyes to make sure I wasn't sleeping or anything, but I wasn't. Excited as I was I picked it up ASAP and without sharing my excitement with other dragon slayers in the caves I teleported out, before a new dragon would appear and probably kill me. I know this sounds impossible to believe me (especially cause I didn't even take a picture to proof it, as excited as I was) but I really got a dragon full helm, on my first ever mithril dragon kill, only a few hours after they were released. I heard that someone else had already gotten one as well and managed to sell it for 3 green party hats.

Me being incredibly unlucky with any money-making method I tried thought my RS carreer was finally about to change. I raced to world 2 and made several posts on RSOF and other forums, telling my story and trying to sell my dfh for a nice bid as well. For 3 hours of intensively trying to get rid of my precious, clicking through hundreds of trade screens and forum posts, I surprising got no higher then 15,9M pure hard cash, which was much different then the 3 green party hats that were mentioned before. Then finally someone offered me 25,5M. Still an amount that was much smaller then I had hoped for, I sold it anyways cause I was afraid I had to sell it in the end for under 10M!.

Then apparently my bad luck kicked back in, 30 minutes later Jagex announced to have removed the magic safe spots at the mithril dragons. People expected a massive decrease in the dragon full helm supply and suddenly were willing to pay much more for the new headdress. Still recounting my newly acquired wealth I saw prices for the dfh suddenly skyrocket, up to as much as 100mill. At the end of the day the price settled at around 82million gp. I felt 25.5m richer that day, but at the same time felt I had lost over 50mill on the very same day...

---

Back on topic :D

I don't think the dragon items give you as much as a thrill as they used to do in the old days, but still I wouldn't mind getting a chain, full helm, claws or lumps at all :lol:

ResisttheNWO.png

ResisttheNWO.png

that article was good, very original idea, but one thing i have to say is that no matter what getting a 1mill + drop is at least semi exciting for almost anyone i don't think that dragon items have quite lost their touch, but there are other items people would much rather have

having said that i have to say i'm completely jealous of your drops lol best thing i've ever gotten was a clue that gave me a zammy page -.- =/

As the saying goes: what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, i disagree i can think of plenty of injuries that won't make you stronger.

beer2.png

yup.... runescape is pretty stressful

December, 19, 2009 (12/19/09)- 99defense- first cape- cb level 117

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say that I did not like this article, especially the dragon items one. In fact, I feel the quality of the tip.it times has been continuously decreasing.

I don't need a tip.it times article to read someone brag about how many dragon drops they've had on Runescape, besides there were many spelling and grammar mistakes which shouldn't have appeared. This article was definitely rushed.

Thing about dragon drops and items...Back when alot of people started playing rs, dragon drops were a very elite, high level, rare item to have. Now, there are better items out there, and dragon is slowly becoming a nice medium level armor, closer to what rune is in f2p. The exception is mainly the dfh, dragon chain kind of, and the dragon plate, as well as the new dragon claws. Ever since godwars came out, dragon armor has simply become less and less magical. What used to make dragon items special was the rarity and the price, something lacking today. But hey, we still have stuff like visages :P And, no offense, but alot of you sound like old geezers who miss the good old days...

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

well i have never had a solo dragon drop so i dont really know the fealing... not to say i havent tried

1000 iron/steel dragons killed

2000 fire giants killed

20 kq soloes

3000 dusty kills

100 kbd soloes

and countless kills on monsters that drop halves and spears

my luck skill is really close to zero at the moment...

oh btw 20 runs(around 40 kills a run) to dks and only 1 zerker and 1 warrior drop...no axe...

Y_Z.png

I think for me at least that feeling is still alive and well. I've had several "magical dragon experiences," including my first dragon drop ever when I got dragon skirt and platelegs on consecutive Iron Dragons, or getting a Dragonm Medium Helm on my first ever KBD (even tho my buddy got the drop, it was before Commiescape and he was able to share the drop), or despite having played since RS1, getting my first ever Dragon Half Shield drop earlier this year. I'm not gonna lie, I still get that warm fuzzy feeling every time I see that delightful red color on top of a stack of loot.

In fact just today during a clan Bandos trip, I got a Godsword Shard 3 from Sergeant Grim[bleep]e. Sure, it's only worth 150k, but it totally made my day just seeing it lying there next to an eyepatch and some bones and being like "YES! I'M AWESOME!"

Orioles8.png asciibacon.jpg

Orioles8.png

mostorganized2.jpg

*~72,749th to 99 Attack on 9 September 2009~*

Heh, do I get excited at a dragon drop? Yes I do ::' When I got my first ever dragon drop (spear), I was excited :thumbsup: Was even more excited from my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th drops from steel dragons on one slayer task :D legs and 2 skirts. Was VERY happy.

And nice story Forsaken :thumbsup:

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

Normally I have shoddy 'luck' but yesterday I got d med from abby demons, the day before that left half at dk's and day before that another d med. I have picture proof too.

08122713.36.00.png

08-12-28_09_35_02.png

It seems I lost the picture for the first D med :wall: but if you can take my word for it.. Anyway, I still got the cool-this-is-a-rare-drop. In saying that, at DKs I was kicking myself because I wanted an axe or zerker.

Nice read though =D>

edtheripperpixelsigv2zy8.png

Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.

99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.

Anyone at Manchester University PM me

a friend was asking one day if I had gotten any nice drops in the past week.

I answered no, because I hadn't gotten any D drops.

And then I realized I had gotten two abyssal whips that week. But they don't count because they are not that rare. Although they are worth a lot more than a D med.

spuriousmonk.png

spuriousmonk.png

well to me dragon drops have the same special feeling as they did the first time....well the best i can say for the first time was after finishing wgs and getting the dragon shard. Unfortunantly after 3 years of membership, and being at 106 combat i have never gotten a dragon drop, (i've gotten a few good slayer drops, some worth more than dragon, but never anything dragon) so I'm hoping to know what it feels like sometime later in my runescape career. -.-

zkoppl1.png