LOST

bibliy

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got my Tivo ready. :D

I've rigged a VCR up to an HD antenna and an amp on my room TV. I'll tape it, and when I get home at around 10:30ish, I'll wait until 11 when it's over, pop headphones in the amp, and watch the whole thing no matter that it's a school night and I'll be up until almost 1 in the morning.

THAT is hardcore. And completely worth it.

p2gq.jpg

i can top that.

tomorrow i have a track meet that doesnt start till 7.

which means i will not get home till around 1030ish

because i do not have tivo, i have to use a vcr to record it

which will mean i will be up till 1 watching it

WHEN I HAVE FINALS THE NEXT DAY.

Look its rob!

That's almost exactly my plan, minus the finals bit :P I don't have TiVo or DVR either. I feel like a genius for fusing ancient 90's technology with my room setup. And since my parent's room is on the other side of the wall, I had to come up with a way to hear it without pissing them off. Cue routing everything through an amp with a headphone jack, and utilizing the eight feet of (headphone) cord extender that I have floating around for some reason. I knew it would come in useful one day!

p2gq.jpg

i can top that.

tomorrow i have a track meet that doesnt start till 7.

which means i will not get home till around 1030ish

because i do not have tivo, i have to use a vcr to record it

which will mean i will be up till 1 watching it

WHEN I HAVE FINALS THE NEXT DAY.

just torrent it.

No TV signal means that I have to acquire it via Internet, which means I won't be able to watch it until Thursdays.

EDIT: Just wanted to request from everyone to use spoiler tags when talking about future episodes, of course the most recent episodes should be able to be discussed without tags and those of us who watch it later will just have to ignore the topic until we are caught up.

Mentioned the future episodes being put in spoiler tags because the ending for this season has already been leaked, and while some like getting every bit of info the rest of us like to not get things spoiled ;) .

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Agreed. I have a meeting starting at 8 tomorrow night and I'd rather not know any details about tomorrow night's episode until I watch it online.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

No TV signal means that I have to acquire it via Internet, which means I won't be able to watch it until Thursdays.

EDIT: Just wanted to request from everyone to use spoiler tags when talking about future episodes, of course the most recent episodes should be able to be discussed without tags and those of us who watch it later will just have to ignore the topic until we are caught up.

Mentioned the future episodes being put in spoiler tags because the ending for this season has already been leaked, and while some like getting every bit of info the rest of us like to not get things spoiled ;) .

Bwuahahahahaha

edit: ahhh frig, I read this post all wrong

Wow, at least they managed to keep the season 3 ending under wraps until there were only 2 episodes left. You sure it's not a foiler?

p2gq.jpg

Wow, at least they managed to keep the season 3 ending under wraps until there were only 2 episodes left. You sure it's not a foiler?

I'm not sure, I have been avoiding a lot lately and haven't heard any more about it.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I'm home. Now I have to occupy myself for the next half hour until the episode is over so I can start watching. Ahhhhhh this is frustrating lol.

p2gq.jpg

Well I just got done watching the two hour premier. I personally think it sucked to be honest, maybe its just that I'm not that interested into tv as much anymore, but it was moving way to slow as I would have liked it to have seen it. The only real new thing about this episode was that you find out whats happening to the island.

tFtfA.jpg

Well I just got done watching the two hour premier. I personally think it sucked to be honest, maybe its just that I'm not that interested into tv as much anymore, but it was moving way to slow as I would have liked it to have seen it. The only real new thing about this episode was that you find out whats happening to the island.

I thought it was pretty good, the only thing I didnt like was the creators tried to incorporate all the mains characters, plus some. All in all though, I liked it. i really like the begining with Pierre Chang and the filming of the Dharma tapes.

=0

I thought it was pretty good, the only thing I didnt like was the creators tried to incorporate all the mains characters, plus some. All in all though, I liked it. i really like the begining with Pierre Chang and the filming of the Dharma tapes.

I personally didn't like the premier. It jumped around way too much for me. I had trouble at certain times establashing when some of the clips were taking place (like when the 6 were discussing that they were going to lie)

I liked the begining with Pierre Chang as well.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

I'm going to be a rebel here and say that it couldn't have been much closer to perfect.

I don't see how anyone could be confused. Unlike the flash-forwards last year, all of the off-island events are now occurring at the same time, three years after they were rescued. The only one that didn't was the part on Penny's boat, but that was headed with a THREE YEARS EARLIER caption.

The beginning was awesome.

And once again I'll complain about people labeling an episode as worthless because it didn't shell out some mind-blowing revelation. For me one of the highlights of the premiere was seeing Sawyer losing control, since "everyone I care about just blew up on your damn boat." Hurley was amazing throughout. And it's so great to see Ben still with a firm grip on what's going on even though he's been deposed as the island leader. Although he's having problems, of course.

p2gq.jpg

I do agree, the beginning of the episode was pretty amazing, like with the record skipping being an actually motif for whats happening to the island (the scientist that deals with time & space (I forgot his name, sorry) said the island was like a record skipping through time). I never got lost with all the jumping around, though. It was pretty easy to keep track of what was going on at least for me.

tFtfA.jpg

question:

if they cant change what already happened, how was it that Locke got shot in the leg when that didn't happen before? Am i missing something?

For all we know, the events did happen, it was just never shown to us. Since he is there before the plane crashed, years could have passed before flight 815 crashes. Then as we saw from season 1-5 it all leads up to ben turning the wheel and the time jumping starts.

Time travel is a tricky thing. I don't like thinking about it too much, it starts getting confusing when you try and make sense of how events play out.

Oh and I'm probably wrong, but who knows.

question:

if they cant change what already happened, how was it that Locke got shot in the leg when that didn't happen before? Am i missing something?

That part did happen, and Ethan most likely went back to the Other's camp to say something along the lines of "I shot a guy in the leg, he knew who he was, said his name was John Locke and was our leader appointed by Ben, then he disappeared". Knowing the nature of what can happen on the Island they could figure out pretty easily that he was from the future, and that's why when he first came to them everyone was expecting great things from him.

I'm not a fan of time travel, it usually causes way too many plot holes. However Faraday's explanation of "you can't change the stream, just jump to different points" makes sense, and I was really, really happy about that. Of course that was ruined when for some reason Desmond isn't affected by the same rules as us. So we'll see how well this time travel stuff works out.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

Desmond sort of had to be an exception, after all his flashes and him constantly saving Charlie from death. They go directly against what Faraday said about being unable to change time.

p2gq.jpg

Desmond sort of had to be an exception, after all his flashes and him constantly saving Charlie from death. They go directly against what Faraday said about being unable to change time.

For Charlie, Desmond was merely prolonging his death, not saving him. Daniel was talking about events in the past, since Sawyer was trying to talk to Desmond before they crashed on the island. But that doesn't explain Locke getting shot, though.