LOST

bibliy

Desmond sort of had to be an exception, after all his flashes and him constantly saving Charlie from death. They go directly against what Faraday said about being unable to change time.

For Charlie, Desmond was merely prolonging his death, not saving him. Daniel was talking about events in the past, since Sawyer was trying to talk to Desmond before they crashed on the island. But that doesn't explain Locke getting shot, though.

Past and future is relative. Where we are in the show now, Charlie's death is in the past. And had he died at any of the other times Desmond predicted, events may not have played out the same. So while the end result for Charlie was still death, Desmond's interference made all the difference for everyone else. Essentially, Desmond created new strings when he shouldn't be able to.

And Locke being shot makes perfect sense, and if you don't think so you're going to have a hell of a time when he starts dropping in on the Others in other times as well, since Richard said "the next time we meet, I'm not going to recognize you." This is an explanation for how they knew Locke was special and were expecting him: he popped in on them, claiming to be from the future, and then disappeared just as fast. Then a man named John Locke crashed on the island on flight 815, so they knew it was him.

p2gq.jpg

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desmond sort of had to be an exception, after all his flashes and him constantly saving Charlie from death. They go directly against what Faraday said about being unable to change time.

For Charlie, Desmond was merely prolonging his death, not saving him. Daniel was talking about events in the past, since Sawyer was trying to talk to Desmond before they crashed on the island. But that doesn't explain Locke getting shot, though.

I already explained the Locke thing <.< . Locke getting shot always happened. A few years before the plane crashes Ethan comes upon a time traveling John Locke who tells him that he was appointed the leader by Ben. Then as Ethan is about to shoot John disappears out of thin air. Then when after the plane crashes The Others, with that memory of the name John Locke that Ethan told them about, think that John Locke will save them since Ben eventually appoints him their leader. This also causes resentment from Ben, who at that time doesn't want to stop being the leader.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

I think there will most likely be an explanation to Desmond's flashes during this season. I think that maybe someone will try to warn Desmond of Charlie dying in the past and because of what the physicist guy (forget his name) said, no matter what they do, nothing will change. What is meant to happen will happen.

question:

if they cant change what already happened, how was it that Locke got shot in the leg when that didn't happen before? Am i missing something?

If I remember correctly...didn't he mysteriously become crippled temporarily when he found the drug plane? That would explain when he got shot and it would also explain how he found the plane in the first place, he said he was drawn to it in a dream correct?

I'm not a fan of time travel, it usually causes way too many plot holes. However Faraday's explanation of "you can't change the stream, just jump to different points" makes sense, and I was really, really happy about that. Of course that was ruined when for some reason Desmond isn't affected by the same rules as us.

I thought that was ok because physicist dude and Desmond never actually met, they only communicated with each other over phone. Sawyer could not talk to Desmond because they knew each other in the present. I think right?

2czeqeh.jpg

One of the best episodes I've seen in some time. Had a lot of moments where I just sat back and said "Hell yes."

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Pretty good episode, looks like time travel is going to be the main focus of this season so I am glad they are doing it without too many plot holes. The character who plays Faraday is also awesome, so that makes it more enjoyable. Can't think of the girl he like's name, but I think she is going to be suffering the same problem as the vegetable girl that Desmond saw. Vegetable girl probably volunteered for an experiment with Faraday which dealt with time travel, and there were complications. That's why when she is lucid she talks as if she is from different times in her life. It also explains why Faraday went to the Island, he was probably looking to either get away, or knew about it's crazy time properties and went there to study what happened in order to cure the girl.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

One of the best episodes I've seen in some time. Had a lot of moments where I just sat back and said "Hell yes."

I agree. I was surprised at the part with the Young-Widemore. (Although I rember he had a jacket that said Jones on it...)

It makes sense now why Richard Alpert brought all those things to John Locke when he visited him. Hmm.

I think Charlie Hume is going be an important part of this season. :pray:

=0

Pretty good episode, looks like time travel is going to be the main focus of this season so I am glad they are doing it without too many plot holes. The character who plays Faraday is also awesome, so that makes it more enjoyable. Can't think of the girl he like's name, but I think she is going to be suffering the same problem as the vegetable girl that Desmond saw. Vegetable girl probably volunteered for an experiment with Faraday which dealt with time travel, and there were complications. That's why when she is lucid she talks as if she is from different times in her life. It also explains why Faraday went to the Island, he was probably looking to either get away, or knew about it's crazy time properties and went there to study what happened in order to cure the girl.

Also, remember when the Dharma guy was called into the mine in order to investigate the drills melting? One of the workers had collapsed, looking dead, with the same nosebleed as Charlotte at the end of the episode "Jughead."

Also, remember when the Dharma guy was called into the mine in order to investigate the drills melting? One of the workers had collapsed, looking dead, with the same nosebleed as Charlotte at the end of the episode "Jughead."

Woah, forgot about that.

q8tsigindy500fan.jpg

indy500fanan9.jpg

^Not Widmore, Pace. The Charlie that died to save everyone. And one of my favorite characters ever, which is why that made my day.

If anyone watched the "enhanced" repeat of the second episode right before the new one, they talked about the "temporal displacement." Nothing really significant, except to confirm that that is what's happening to Charlotte.

p2gq.jpg

^Not Widmore, Pace. The Charlie that died to save everyone. And one of my favorite characters ever, which is why that made my day.

I know it's way out in left field, but I still have a hunch he isn't dead.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Is BKV still working on the show? I credit a large part of the awesomeness from around episode 3x19-present to him being executive story editor, but I haven't seen him credited on these last few episodes.

p2gq.jpg

Is BKV still working on the show? I credit a large part of the awesomeness from around episode 3x19-present to him being executive story editor, but I haven't seen him credited on these last few episodes.

he's involved with the next ep

I rewatched the episode and saw him credited as a producer in the beginning credits, so that's why I missed him.

AND! AH! I just remembered something Mikhail (Patchy) said in season 3! "But you, John Locke, you I seem to have a fleeting memory of. But I must be mistaken, because the John Lock I knew was--" And then he's interrupted. I'm willing to bet he was about to say something along the lines of the Locke he knew being the same age Locke is now.

Two-season foreshadowing ftw.

p2gq.jpg

he's involved with the next ep

I rewatched the episode and saw him credited as a producer in the beginning credits, so that's why I missed him.

AND! AH! I just remembered something Mikhail (Patchy) said in season 3! "But you, John Locke, you I seem to have a fleeting memory of. But I must be mistaken, because the John Lock I knew was--" And then he's interrupted. I'm willing to bet he was about to say something along the lines of the Locke he knew being the same age Locke is now.

Two-season foreshadowing ftw.

Also about Mikhail, Isn't he the one who blew up Charlie at the end of season 4? That guy had an eyepatch so...

=0