compfreak847

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

386907612.png

Where are you that you're using a Kansas City connection for speed test sloter? Reason I ask is I go to college in Kansas, and am like 3 hours away from Kansas city. :P

Which college? I live near Lawrence :P

Pittsburg State University. :)

That's really cool just due south of me, what are you studying?

transformerfy9.jpg

Okay just to let you know how slow my internet is, I almost pissed my pants when I found out I could download stuff at 100-300 kB/s at my dads office. :wall:

10postchm2105.png

WONGTONG IS THE BEST AND IS MORE SUPERIOR THAN ME

#1 Wongtong stalker.

Im looking for some No Limit soldiers!

Okay just to let you know how slow my internet is, I almost pissed my pants when I found out I could download stuff at 100-300 kB/s at my dads office. :wall:

If you want to piss your pants even more, look at the Asian results. 44MBit/Sec = 5.5Megabyte/sec download speed. It would take 186 seconds to download a 1024 (1GB) file at that speed.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

That's really cool just due south of me, what are you studying?

Graphic Communications Management major.

Pretty much Graphic Design with a small business minor kind of rolled into it.

Okay just to let you know how slow my internet is, I almost pissed my pants when I found out I could download stuff at 100-300 kB/s at my dads office.

I've been getting 2Mb/s to 3Mb/s download speeds on filefront now that I'm back on campus :P.

392428680.png

my school.

386782475.png

Let's see what I can get with the cable company when I change ISP in 2 weeks. I don't know why the download is using all my CPU though, it ran at 100% while doing the download and nothing else was open =\. Been doing that for a few days now, I don't know if it's the CPU that is too hot to process as well as usual or something :|

I guess I have pretty much the same internet speed for $20 less with that new ISP :P.

.392438099.png

393130903.png

Question:

What exactly is a "good" speed? I mean, I'm perfectly fine with my connection, hell that speed is probably higher since my sister is on a laptop right now sharing the connection. I mean, some people here have 10,000k/s + down speeds.

There's no such thing as regret. A regret means you are unhappy with the person you are now,

and if you're unhappy with the person you are, you change yourself. That

regret will no longer be a regret, because it will help to form the new,

better you. So really, a regret isn't a regret.

It's experience.

393130903.png

Question:

What exactly is a "good" speed? I mean, I'm perfectly fine with my connection, hell that speed is probably higher since my sister is on a laptop right now sharing the connection. I mean, some people here have 10,000k/s + down speeds.

I think your connection is good personnally, it's almost the fastest we can have around here as well lol. Funny to see someone with the same ISP as me lol.

I hate you. I can't wait till I get Fios in my area. Verizon wired the lines last year and still no update when they will be ready to use. My dad lives 2 cities over and he's had Fios for a year. Comcast is horrible, they filter traffic on everything.

goldenblade995.png

397372415.png

Mine is immensly PATHETIC

The REAL Download speed for me is 25kb/s and upload is 6kb/s. if your Australian DO NOT buy telstra. my parents are contracted to them for 2 years, the pay is stupidly high and im getting 1/10th of what i should be getting. (aka, if things dont improve im taking major steps to ensure)

all in all, i hate you guys. :(

Popoto.~<3

Dark, your getting exactly what you should be getting for download speed.

The speed test is saying your getting 215kb/s (kilobits) while you download at 25KB/s (kilobytes). It is 8 bits to a byte. It's still really slow but that is your true download speed.

goldenblade995.png

71 kb/s down 72 kb/s up

241ms latency

I hate using up all our download for the month :x

(normal speeds depend on which wireless modem I use, generally get 1500kb/s on one, and 2500 kb/s on the other (can't remember which one is faster)

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

71 kb/s down 72 kb/s up

241ms latency

I hate using up all our download for the month :x

(normal speeds depend on which wireless modem I use, generally get 1500kb/s on one, and 2500 kb/s on the other (can't remember which one is faster)

I find it weird that they just cut it to a slower connection, around here, one of the ISPs doesn't have a limit, and the other one, when we go over the limit they don't cut the speed but make us pay more. Yes, we only have 2 ISPs around here.

398731722.png

Hm, not the worlds greatest for a 3g modem that's supposed to provide up to 3mps

Ask_the_dude.gif

[hide=????????????????????????????...]

I'm wearing Rune Axe.

Wearing? Did you selotape the axe on your chest? :lol:

Hunters are unpopular because they can be played by a drunken chimpanzee with both of it's hands broken.
[/hide]

• 11 years later...