Pjers-Ruining RS PVP

shooterbob7

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

Here's how you fix PvP:

1) Anytime damage is exchanged in single-combat, neither person can be attacked by anybody else unless damage does not occur for 10 seconds. Mages are boned in single-combat, because when you farcast, you aren't technically considered "in-combat" so someone can "tag" you.

2) All damage received is wiped 10 seconds after entering a safe zone. This does not mean you are healed, simply that the invisible "damage counter" that determines who gets the drop upon your death resets.

3) After receiving a kill message, you cannot be attacked for 10 seconds. This does NOT apply in multi-combat.

This should be implemented. I've lost 3 kills so far due to random guys in full rune attacking me after a no-armor fight. I have not died from any of them. They're so unbelievably annoying. I was about to kill someone, and I was hitting a chain of 20s on them. Suddenly, "You are already under attack" shows up when my opponent is redbarred, and I take 0 damage from a random pjer :wall: Another time, I was chasing a guy with no food down Varrock, A guy in Full Rune and a 2h randomly attacks me and goes "woot"! There are people who stand around the varrock church just looking to pj people who engage in no-armor fights.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny thing is, like all the drops from muggiwhplar except 1 I think are mid-potential. Either that or a bunch are high potential going into mid.

When you're high potential, you can get the following for food:

Tuna Potatoes, Manta Rays, Sea Turtles, Sharks, Monkfish, Cheese Potatoes, Egg Potatoes, Summer Pies, Wild Pies... And theres more, but I never really recorded food drops that much.

The mid-potential food table looks a lot like the same with a few of the higher hp healers (22 hp healers, mainly) being removed.

Pjers are the most annoying thing in w26 varrock ever though. Sometimes, though, it seems that even if you didn't do the most damage, you get the kill even if the other person is nearby. I saw some guy killing someone who was afk, got him down to 7 hp and he got pjed off... so I smacked the guy that was afk a few times with vls and koed him with a spec... it was mine. Everyone around me was like .... what the HELL? including me.

Pjers have been around since Classic. Trust me, they were TONS worse in classic. You kill the other guy in 3 hits, they have hit 2 times on you. When you got pjed in classic, you were instantly attacked after the fight was over, meaning you had 5 hits on you before you could do anything -- you couldn't eat until running from combat. Now you have preparation and you can eat while they pj and all.

Pjing is something I usually only do if someone is an [wagon] to me or my friends... or I'm really really bored. I must say, miasmic barrage pjing is absolutely hilarious. but its even better when you hit pjers with it -- saw some dclawer rush a guy in rune and stuff after I miasmic barraged him, everyone was loling at him when his claws specced at the speed of ags would have, allowing the guy to easily avoid death. It was hilarious on some dharoker I did who could then only hit once to every 4 whip hits. But its really rare to see me PJ without reason.

PJers were here in old wildy, too... and was the primary reason I rarely pked w18, only going when none of the other lesser pk worlds were running well.

If you want a place where pjers really ruined pvp, try BH. If I'm pjed from a fight, i get their name off the vid clip and note it so if I see them again, I'll rush or pj them.

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

[hide=]
There's a reason why there's always 100hp in food drops from your kills

Muggi, you smell like a genius.

+ 1

:thumbup:

[/hide]

isn't really helpfull when youre getting d claws or dds or just a godsword =\ you cant eat as fast as they hit

But you have prayer for a reason. When your about to make a KO, you should be ready to flip on that protection melee prayer as soon as your opponents drop. It cuts any pj attacks in half. Unless your very low HP and have no food at all left, your not gonna get ko'ed. MAX while prayer is on for AGS/Claws is about 50ish. Assuming you have food and that they hit max every hit, you still wont get killed.

As for a way around it, its really 1 simple rule they need to add to solve everything:

In single-way combat area: Any time a player hits another player in combat, both players are locked in a 10 second immunity. During that 10 seconds neither player can attack anyone else or be attacked by anyone else. The timer is reset every time a player attempts to attack their opponent.

This solves 3 things right off the bat.

1) It removes pjers who tag you while your opponent eats, since neither of you can be attacked by anyone while at least one of you is attacking.

2) It removes kill pjers, as all players must wait 10 seconds after the last hit before they can hit you. This will give you about 10 seconds or so to loot and eat/pray as necessary to block attacks. 10 Seconds is plenty of time to pick food up/heal and pray up while grabbing most of the loot on the ground.

3) It allows Magers/Rangers to far cast without getting tagged, as once they attack someone, nobody can attack them for 10 seconds regardless if they are getting hit or not.

If that rule was put in place, it would stop the majority of players from pjing out there, as it would be a waste of time. Also fixes the whole getting tagged while farcasting issue. The only way to get out of comabt with someone would be to either run to where they cant hit you for 10 seconds or teleport.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Muggi, you smell like a genius.

+ 1

:thumbup:

isn't really helpfull when youre getting d claws or dds or just a godsword =\ you cant eat as fast as they hit

When I PK I turn the camera so that their weapon hand is facing me - if I see it change from a whip to something else I start eating. I've never been KO'd since I started using my necklaces... if they get me down to 1hp, necklace (30) + shark (20) + brew (15) heal me back to 66hp in one turn then I can just equip another necklace and repeat if they're still trying to KO me

77yLQy8.png

PJ ftw :D

If you don't like it then suck it up. -.-

My point is that if you don't want people to PJ you...Join us and we wont PJ you.

I was unaware that the PJers had formed some sort of cult-alliance. :-k

Anyways, hot shot, I really don't mind you trying to PJ people - it only reflects your inability to perform tasks on RS which require critical thinking and situational awareness. A prime case of people who have great stats but absolutely no skill/talent

77yLQy8.png

Anyways, hot shot, I really don't mind you trying to PJ people - it only reflects your inability to perform tasks on RS which require critical thinking and situational awareness. A prime case of people who have great stats but absolutely no skill/talent

+1

people pvp for loot, not to show off how good their skills are.

Actually, it's both. You are supposed to get loot from demonstrating your ability (or 'skills', even though this is an ambiguous term) to defeat other players by doing so.

PJing is a problem, and measures need to be taken to make it difficult enough so legitimately fighting a player is much more profitable. People who do it are not doing anything inherently wrong, they are allowed to do it, but it should difficult and should definitely not be profitable.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

You only get food if your opponent had food. I've never gotten food from a drop.

lol 45-45 d bow kill? no time for food..

What are the odds of that? Especially if you had range pray on...

Assuming that every d bow spec will be a 45-45 you may as well not even enter any fights cuz for all you know, your opponent could be speccing w/ a dark bow and hitting 45-45s..

smells like genious

Doesn't matter. You don't have to hit 45-45. You can hit 35-35 or 30-30 and use dds spec. The point is, it doesnt have to be a d-bow. Im just using that because its the most common one.

shooterbob7.png

If you think PJing should not be profitable your sadly mistaken. The soul reason that I PJ is to gain more kills faster and easier. Plus you don't use as much food. So technically if you were to do it right you would gain much more profit in a shorter time.

keeve11.png

bestmage.jpg

If you think PJing should not be profitable your sadly mistaken. The soul reason that I PJ is to gain more kills faster and easier. Plus you don't use as much food. So technically if you were to do it right you would gain much more profit in a shorter time.

No, not really - PJers are all cowards and hide in safe zones till they get the chance to strike. While staying outside of a safe zone (particularly in a hot spot) increases your drop potential, staying inside a safe spot drastically decreases your drop potential. Therefore they really aren't going to get any good loot - rather, they're just going to embarrass themselves and waste their money on spoiling other people's fun/achievements.

Doesn't matter. You don't have to hit 45-45. You can hit 35-35 or 30-30 and use dds spec. The point is, it doesnt have to be a d-bow. Im just using that because its the most common one.

And my point is, anyone with basic survival knowledge knows to keep protection prayers on, so even if they hit a 45-45 it'd do 45 damage instead, and it's easy to heal over 65hp per turn when you need to. Not to mention the fact that since PJers don't know how to kill people in a fair fight, they probably don't have the brains to navigate around obstacles and free themselves from being trapped behind walls and such when their targets trap them and escape. Yes PJ'ing is unfair and spoils the fun, but I don't think people have the right to complain about it when they don't know how to survive in the first place. It's like when mages complain about not being able to KO people but they haven't researched the skill enough to know how to stack spells together to devastate people.

wanafiteaboutit?

77yLQy8.png

whenever i pk, if i get a kill, i instantly put on prot melee and start safing like hell incase of pjers. ive never died to pjers once yet, nomatter how many time people try to kill me

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

imagine after d claw supply has equaled d claw demand.

the ratio of pjers to pkers would be 5-1 almost.

Jagex will stop this in 2 month's time or so. This is their update year, what else is a major "bug" than pjing.

@canu. pjing is NOT a bug. they have never said anything to imply that pjing is now to be done, and they have never made any attempts to stop it. they always fix bugs fast. if it was, it would have been fixed a long time ago

that aside i do think that there should be a short immunity after a getting a kill, inwhich you cant be attacked, i the kill was in a single-combat area

I'm gonna be walking down an alley in varrock, and walka is going to walk up to me in a trench coat and say "psst.. hey man, wanna buy some sara brew"

walka92- retired with 99 in attack, strength, defence, health, magic, ranged, prayer and herblore and 137 combat. some day i may return to claim 138 combat, but alas, that time has not yet come

Stepping in and out of safe zones will dramatically decrease your DP.

It isn't profitable, just annoying.

Zerker_jane.png

Stepping in and out of safe zones will dramatically decrease your DP.

It isn't profitable, just annoying.

stepping in and out of safe zones doesnt decrease your DP anymore [or atleast thats what it said when they tweaked the drop system] just how long you spend in hotspots/nonsafe areas total.

also, how many pjers carry the needed 75k risk to get a good drop? i dont see many, if it all, doing so >.>

No, not really - PJers are all cowards and hide in safe zones till they get the chance to strike. While staying outside of a safe zone (particularly in a hot spot) increases your drop potential, staying inside a safe spot drastically decreases your drop potential. Therefore they really aren't going to get any good loot - rather, they're just going to embarrass themselves and waste their money on spoiling other people's fun/achievements.

And my point is, anyone with basic survival knowledge knows to keep protection prayers on, so even if they hit a 45-45 it'd do 45 damage instead, and it's easy to heal over 65hp per turn when you need to. Not to mention the fact that since PJers don't know how to kill people in a fair fight, they probably don't have the brains to navigate around obstacles and free themselves from being trapped behind walls and such when their targets trap them and escape. Yes PJ'ing is unfair and spoils the fun, but I don't think people have the right to complain about it when they don't know how to survive in the first place. It's like when mages complain about not being able to KO people but they haven't researched the skill enough to know how to stack spells together to devastate people.

wanafiteaboutit?

Well, i am not your cb lvl, so i can't fight you. But you stil don't get my point...look, lets just say you've dm'ed with someone and just barely won. How can you eat if you have no food left. Lumby tele is not gonna work because ppl can just tele there and follow you. You get it now? Food won't help in that situation.

shooterbob7.png

wanafiteaboutit?

Well, i am not your cb lvl, so i can't fight you. But you stil don't get my point...look, lets just say you've dm'ed with someone and just barely won. How can you eat if you have no food left. Lumby tele is not gonna work because ppl can just tele there and follow you. You get it now? Food won't help in that situation.

Basically food drops mean nothing if you get pjed by the max level you can fight who is in full void and a D bow while you've used up all your food in a good fight.

Zerker_jane.png

When you dm w/ someone you don't do it in public where there's PJ'ers nearby and even if you're dm'ing a stranger you do it next to a safe zone so you can quickly escape. Why isn't lumby tele not gonna work lol? Of all the possible places to tab to, I'm sure they won't guess that you tele'd to lumby - and even if they did, lumby is a safe zone.

PJERS AREN'T AS LETHAL AS YOU THINK THEY ARE

77yLQy8.png

my friend and i would tag team against jumpers pjers in w26.

We'd be in ardy square and he would be wearing simple items and have over 75k. a pjer would run up to him and begin his pj and i'd throw a teleblock in at him. then i'd teleport away and my friend would take out his fighting gear:ancients/claws. and finish him. We haven't tried this on people who pj actual fights, but it could work.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.