hmmm 99 defence

jade_slayer6

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

At around your attack and strength levels, I get ~75k exp/hr at the Armoured Zombies. Now, that's with a Salve Amulet (e) (20% strength and attack) and Piety (23% strength and 20% attack) as opposed to 15% on slayer tasks (you say you're barely pushing 10m, so I'll assume you're not pietying your tasks. I will assume, however, that you're using pure sets). I'd probably put your exp/hr at about 50k per hour? 60k at most, if you get a lot of good tasks. So it'd take about 170-ish hours, I suppose.

Oh, this is a little irrelevant, but I'd reccommend getting higher strength and attack before you go for 99 defence. Might as well get the higher exp rates, and defence isn't really that useful.

At around your attack and strength levels, I get ~75k exp/hr at the Armoured Zombies. Now, that's with a Salve Amulet (e) (20% strength and attack) and Piety (23% strength and 20% attack) as opposed to 15% on slayer tasks (you say you're barely pushing 10m, so I'll assume you're not pietying your tasks. I will assume, however, that you're using pure sets). I'd probably put your exp/hr at about 50k per hour? 60k at most, if you get a lot of good tasks. So it'd take about 170-ish hours, I suppose.

Oh, this is a little irrelevant, but I'd reccommend getting higher strength and attack before you go for 99 defence. Might as well get the higher exp rates, and defence isn't really that useful.

I don't piety but I do use super attack and super strength pots.

Btw, defence is more useful than attack and strength imo. It allows longer boss hunting trips easier monster slaying etc.

Drizzy_Jade.png

I don't piety but I do use super attack and super strength pots.

Btw, defence is more useful than attack and strength imo. It allows longer boss hunting trips easier monster slaying etc.

You will get flamed to hell for saying that, but I agree with you. I enjoyed getting 99 defence at 85 att and 80 str. Why not. There is no need to be efficient 100% of the time. I am still only 85 str and never felt better about it.

With slayer it will take you months upon months(probably in the range of 3- 3 and a half).. with Armored Zombies it should take you 1 to 1 and a half months.. maybe 2 at the most.

I am doing Armored Zombies right now instead of slayer.. I prefer the grinding. (Guide linked to the words armored zombies *hint*)

Apparently, my signature was to big.

Why not train on controlled with whip? You'll be getting even 99s eventually, may as well do it effeciently. And if you insist on getting a 99 first, get 99 attack or strength. Defense capes are "rare" because only stupid people (other than pker tanks) get 99 defense first. It doesn't make you unique or respectable, it makes you look foolish.

quit

Why not train on controlled with whip? You'll be getting even 99s eventually, may as well do it effeciently. And if you insist on getting a 99 first, get 99 attack or strength. Defense capes are "rare" because only stupid people (other than pker tanks) get 99 defense first. It doesn't make you unique or respectable, it makes you look foolish.

As has been said previously in this thread, Defence does have its uses, namely boss hunting. Not to mention the ability to go for longer at many training spots.

Also, good luck with 99 def, what i get normally on task ( i'm a bit weaker than you) is 45k/hr. So not too bad.

What.

Please refrain from calling me a fool and an idiot in my own thread.

Drizzy_Jade.png

I refuse to be called stupid simply because I occasionally base my decisions on aesthetics. Besides, your reasoning relies on the idea that I want to get maxed melee, which I don't. Defence has its uses outside of offensive combat.

99 Defense is pretty useless unless you have the right stats...

It's useless in Boss hunting if you can't dish out any damage, unless you want to be the tank...

And you'll get ~40-50k xp an hour from Slaying.

Slayer also gets me charms so I can get my pony eventually.

Drizzy_Jade.png

Defence is mostly pointless after 80-90. Mainly due to the masses of ways to heal cheaply and effectivley.

Therefore you are silly to go for 99 defence before attack and strength if combat is you thing. Likewise training on controlled has the same drawbacks, you're sacrifing the extra hitting potential for less hits.

99 attack is respected as well. Go for that, it has more uses with slayer which you obviously enjoy.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!