Need advice on what to do with my 3rd Age Amulet.

Nel Tu Oderschvank

Hi all,

Today I got really lucky from a Lvl 3 Clue-scroll which was left in my bank for a while; I decided to finish it and when I got a 3rd Age Amulet, my heart almost popped out of my mouth 0.~ (I was always unlucky and getting crappy items in clues)

What should I do with it? How should I go about selling this amulet? I heard that its' street price is 240m gp? I haven't got any junk items though so what should I do? :? [FYI, G.E's price is around 33m for this little trinklet.]

Thanks in advance~~

99 fletching via unstrung maple longbows for starters...

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

A) Trade it in for other items, such as Third age and Dragon claws.

B) Make junk and sell it, very bad option. You can make real money faster than junk money.

This is an example of what I mean. If you used Magic longbows and, say, did GWD during the time you saved, you could have easily made MUCH more than what you would have IN REAL MONEY, and not junk. It's a win, win situation to NOT make junk. Well, besides maybe shards and scroll, but I have no idea on how they work at the moment....

C) Use it.

There really aren't much ways to get rid of overpriced items now...

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

B) Make junk and sell it, very bad option. You can make real money faster than junk money.

This is an example of what I mean. If you used Magic longbows and, say, did GWD during the time you saved, you could have easily made MUCH more than what you would have IN REAL MONEY, and not junk. It's a win, win situation to NOT make junk. Well, besides maybe shards and scroll, but I have no idea on how they work at the moment....

C) Use it.

Yup Kent, I don't intend to create junk on purpose because it's simply not worth the time unless they are by-products of skills or something. Thanks anyway~

trade them for a whole bunch of opulent tables

This. Do it now cuz each day that passes means less money for you.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

Dragon Chainbody (dust devil), Dragon Platelegs x2, Dragon Plateskirt x3, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x5, Dragon Spear x3, Shield Left Half x4

Staff of Light x2, Abyssal Whip x16, Dark Bow x17, Granite Maul x17, Focus Sight, Hexcrest x2, Black Mask x4, Leaf-bladed Sword, Mystic x31, Obsidian x13, Brine Sabre x2, Spirit Shield, Dragonstone x5

Raw wild Pies = Cheap.

Cooked = Expensive.

Try and trade for Raw Wild pies. I'm no expert although. (if they even sell)

GJ :)

onyx7890.png

Current goal: Legends, Regicide, Roving Elf's, Barrows RFD, 95+ Attack.

What is with the opulent tables? I read something about MTK's advisor being able to convert them to cash but why would each passing day means lesser money? :? I don't really understand too much about Construction items; still somewhat new to p2p.

EDIT: I read about opulent tables costing abt 25k each and then players selling it to shops for 100k+ (Adviser Ghrim?). Does Adviser Ghrim really accept opulent tables for 100k?

Try the PvP trick... Vesta and Statius armors are worth a ton but are hard to sell on GE.. Getting one is like getting one is 3m+ worrth of junk pretty much.

My friend has 20m worth of these items from PvP tricking in a week.. The only real cost spent here is oppourtunity cost. As far as actual money goes you gain back everything you spent.

The trick is to build up drop potential without getting killed lol. If you could find a way to get maple longs (u) or whatever thus maxing fletching while in a hotspot and not running back into a safe zone you are doubling your junk income. (I heard of some bank that doesn't count as a safezone so you could try to find it.. I forget the name but I am sure its a hotspot..)

At least try to get 100m for that pretty little present you got. 33m is nice but its not 100. May sound greedy but I don't think the price of 3rd age is goin down anytime soon so you got plenty of time

Apparently, my signature was to big.

What is with the opulent tables? I read something about MTK's advisor being able to convert them to cash but why would each passing day means lesser money? :? I don't really understand too much about Construction items; still somewhat new to p2p.

EDIT: I read about opulent tables costing abt 25k each and then players selling it to shops for 100k+ (Adviser Ghrim?). Does Adviser Ghrim really accept opulent tables for 100k?

If you are wearing the Fremmenik Sea Boots 3 then you can give Advisor Ghrim the flatpack Opulent Tables and he'll put like 100k or something in your coffers. Then once you have close to the 7.5M limit, withdraw all the money and give him more opulent tables. Repeat until you have none left.

Snow_Miner.png

Slayer Drops

C) Use it.

Agreed.

There used to be good ways of making junk and training at the same time, but these days it's harder and not worth your time.

If you have Fremmy Boots 3 you can use the Opulent Table thing but this isn't a lot of players. You can do that trust trade thing with dragonstones/chaos runes but I strongly advise against that.

Other than that 33m is better than nothing so why not sell it to some lucky friend or GE user? You're not really losing out on anything as the remaining 207mil of the street price you need to find yourself. Good luck with finding that amount.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

I think your best bet is

1) The PvP armor thing.

2) Keeping it.

3) Selling it in the GE.

I would personally keep it I think. You could wait for the price to go up as well. Have fun with it for a couple months, then sell it in the GE.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

You're only 74 magic...train your magic with it. Best magic amulet in the game (amulet FOR magic, rather)

[hide=My Stats]Attack:86/Hitpoints:88/Mining:74

Strength:86/Agility:76/Smithing:75

Defence:86/Herblore:74/Fishing:78

Ranged:86/Thieving:73/Cooking:92

Prayer:78/Crafting:82/Firemaking:86

Magic:85/Fletching:77/Woodcutting:88

Runecraft:71/Slayer:80/Farming:88

Construction:70/Hunter:70/Summoning:69

Dungeoneering:18

Total level: 1936

295/303 Quest Points

Combat Level: 117[/hide]

[hide=Interesting Links]My Blog

SportsGuy's Short Guide to Ghostly Warriors

Familiarisation Reward Research[/hide]

Hold on to it. Jagex might fix the price, and anyway the GE price is rising slowly even without intervention.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

Keep it, use it, flaunt it, and hope Jagex fixes the ge prices (this is the year of corrections, have faith in the mighty J!)

LOL, it's more like.... [bleep]EX...if they can correct everything then they can earn a J.

keep the amulet though. nice to have and the ge price will always go up.

Xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

xzxpvp7xzx.png

2nd troll to 840+ post count.

To OnIIx: I am not sure if wild pies sell. Do people really buy them in bulk?

To Ultimatbballer: I am not an avid fan of Pking; in fact I have only ever tried Pking less than 3 times? :)

To Miner52289: Ok thanks for explaining about Opulent tables although I havent got Lvl 3 Fremmy Boots.

To Catten666: Yup I don't intend to create junk on purpose; by-products of fletching or some 'junk' monster loot like javelins etc might work I guess. I did contemplate selling the amulet on GE Max however if I can add my Maple(u) as junk [i need 205,695 to 99 Fletch ~ 29.6m worth of Maple(u)], though considerably lesser than the street-price, at least I can get rid of the Maple(u) and still get ~ 60m for it ::'

To mr_moocky & Morningrise333 & asianboy7o7: Yea I guess I will keep it for now till 99 Fletching. RS Forums has people trading 3rd Age for 3rd Age or for D-claws etc... I don't really want to be stuck with items that have to be sold with junk.

To Derrick & llamster: I don't know the implications of Jagex fixing G.E prices and stuff but if the price of amulet is rising slowly in G.E, it's better since I wont need as much junk items as before.

To SportsGuy & Bronze warrior : Yup, I will keep it for now and use it as and when I can for Magic combat.

Anyway, thank you everyone for your input of ideas and everything. :)

The '3 D-claws for 3rd Age Ammy' sounds good to me; only thing is I haven't got the junk items to sell them D-claws later. Also I don't really have much money with me now because I spent them on fighting gear like Armadyl platebody , Guthans set, Fury Ammy etc. This being said, I wont be able to buy out the other 2 D-claws but its alright I guess.