Not Sailing you noobs, it's Exploration.

Am I the only one that thinks it all sounds really lame? What Mod Stevew wrote is the same and what you got every time you emailed in a suggestion so its hardly a mark of official approval that it's now on the implementation list.

That is true.

priest_wiz.png

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like this idea. I would train that so fast, only problem I see is that you would need high levels in a lot of skills to successfully train Exploration, but I like it.

61,358th to 99 range on May 23rd, 2010.

100,927th to 99 def on February 13th, 2011.

pigeons.png

Relics.png

Left a reply:

"I don't know if this has been suggested, but this would be a great time to implement cannonballs made of other metals. A dwarf near Keldagrim(sp?) has stacks of mithril, adamant, and rune cannonballs laying around. For the PvP minigame, having rune cannonballs would be an expensive way to win. Of course, these would not be suitable for a normal Dwarf Cannon.

All in all, it's an amazing idea, and I will cry if this skill does not come out in the next year or two."

I seriously love this idea. I like that it's trained in a similar fashion to Slayer.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

sailing/exploration wasn't a pre-planned idea that players discovered. The idea CAME FROM player suggestions. They considered the skill as a direct result of players thinking it would be a good skill. So it's not right to say jagex was already planning it as the sailing supporters said, but nor is it right to say it won't come out because jagex is considering it. So lets stop with the "i told you so" nonsense.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

This would also be a good way to introduce the randomly-generated dungeons that Jagex told us about 5 years ago. There would be randomly generated islands which could have pretty much anything on them. Mining spots, teak/mahogany trees, chinchompas, dragons, demons, and maybe a mini-sized God Wars too. It would be really fun exploring those islands :P

Now I'll quickly go to RSOF and suggest this :)

I've had this idea for years, but I'd rather not go near the rsofail.

except my version of the idea was that they could add a ton of new content for almost all the skills.

2Xeo5.png

Well that sucks. I have been working on an exploration skill for about 2 months now. I have designed everything from xp gains, how it is to be gained, rewards, skill cross overs, what the cape will look like, and have only really been trying to tweak a few things. Though mine is not anything like this skill in it's implementation I really feel like mine will be compared to it, which is something I do not want. Guess I need to get to thinking eh?

And Silver, I know you will read this and I blame you... Either you or moto.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

Well that sucks. I have been working on an exploration skill for about 2 months now. I have designed everything from xp gains, how it is to be gained, rewards, skill cross overs, what the cape will look like, and have only really been trying to tweak a few things. Though mine is not anything like this skill in it's implementation I really feel like mine will be compared to it, which is something I do not want. Guess I need to get to thinking eh?

Rename it... call it, Pathfinding. Or anything but Exploration.

OH S***! He/she/it is back!

And where is all that work then?

priest_wiz.png

You should post it anyway, no one cares if you "copied" an idea or whatever. The more suggestions, the better the skill could become since you feed more ideas to Jagex.

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

You should post it anyway, no one cares if you "copied" an idea or whatever. The more suggestions, the better the skill could become since you feed more ideas to Jagex.

Oh I plan on posting the link once I complete it but it is so far from being complete that posting it now would not give it justice.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

My reply w/suggestions:

"Nicely pieced idea. This could help create a lot of depth to RuneScape.

I think that RuneScape should have a new 'Pacific Ocean' that is west of the elf lands and east of port phantasmys that creates a new area with many islands. It will not be released on the world map(globe that you click in-game) until YOU find and discover the area! There should also be worlds for PvP ship combat that have say a limit of 500 people to keep lag down. You can't see others ships except in certain areas. Also, you should be able to recruit a crew to your ship! You can find the crew all throughout RuneScape and on the many islands!

You should also be able to dive off your boat into the sea and fight creatures in the ocean, such as a shark, a giant squid, a kraken, and other sea creatures, even mythological ones! Like the loch ness monster or a huge Hydra! Imagine fighting a boss monster or slaying monsters for tasks in the sea!"

Looks very promising, yes. However, in the beginning everything looks promising. But imagine having to capture that red flag for the 500th time. Up that montain, clicking on the bog (like temple trekking), doing annoying traps, ... It can get boring quickly, especially if there will be only one good way to train it (hunter?).

Mine has nothing to do with this skill other than the same name. The ideas that I have do not parrallel these at all. Just sucks that this one got notoriety before mine. Makes it more difficult for mine to be accepted as new and fresh hence my "that sucks" statement. Ah well I still think mine is a heck of alot better than this one :D We will see I guess.

Kiettaro.png

090108162337qa2zd0.png

They've already said that they're going to focus more on upgrading and improving the current content. And does the game really need a new skill? - There's so many new mini-games and so on...

I have a feeling that even if Exploration consisted of sailing, people would still say, "SEE! I told you the Sailing Skill wasn't going to come out!!" :lol:

That's because exploration =/= Sailing

Yeah and Construction =/= Carpentry. :roll:

I don't like the idea of doing this in a slayer master format. People already complain about how repetative a slayer task can get, and this could very well be ALOT worse in that area. I do lik ehow it's tied in with other skills, and that could make this one a real achivement, but I don't know. Its a great idea but the whole slayer thing, I HATE SLAYER SO [bleep]ING MUCH :evil:

I have a feeling that even if Exploration consisted of sailing, people would still say, "SEE! I told you the Sailing Skill wasn't going to come out!!" :lol:

Construction = usefull

Carpentry = like... nothing

priest_wiz.png

Construction = usefull

Carpentry = like... nothing

...do you even know what carpentry is? the only difference is that in construction you would include the garden :wall:

Y_Z.png

They've already said that they're going to focus more on upgrading and improving the current content. And does the game really need a new skill? - There's so many new mini-games and so on...

They also said they wouldnt make a Dragon plate and well what do you know, they made 2!

d6e4cdbc5e.png