The Inauguration of Barrack Obama: So Annoying

Harakiri

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

edit--also, the south began seceding as soon as lincoln was declared president so he was pretty sol as far as preserving the union without conflict.

At that time, the South probably would have been prepared to secede had Lincoln not won. There was enough tension, and the South had been waiting for an excuse for a generation.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

• Replies 269
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

edit--also, the south began seceding as soon as lincoln was declared president so he was pretty sol as far as preserving the union without conflict.

At that time, the South probably would have been prepared to secede had Lincoln not won. There was enough tension, and the South had been waiting for an excuse for a generation.

The south probably would have seceded, frankly they were a bunch of babies they seceded because the election worked against them.

okay lets get back on topic lol

Im worried about the cult around obama lol. Seriously, the dude is not a messiah and the country is not going to suddenly be perfect tomorrow.

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

The south probably would have seceded, frankly they were a bunch of babies they seceded because the election worked against them.

No, the tension was there for a long time. It wasn't just Lincoln's presidency and BAM, they left.

Im worried about the cult around obama lol. Seriously, the dude is not a messiah and the country is not going to suddenly be perfect tomorrow.

A lot of people will be dissapointed then. :twisted:

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

omfg! :shock: finally somebody agrees with me!

I thought the whole election was a joke tbh. Barack Obama won only for the sole reason that he is black. Sure he does somewhat knows what he is talking about, but to me McCain seems like the better man in the election. But no........ The media [bleep]s up McCain saying stuff like how nasty he was during the debate and mentioning a thousand times at how Obama is black and saying things like history is being made. Dont give me that [cabbage]. the media wanted obama to win and they are 90% of the reason why Obama become the President.

Not only this, but it spreads everywhere. During the election at my school, if u dont support Obama that means you are automatically a racist. I am not... I just think that he is full of [cabbage] and that McCain is a better candidate. So you see how it is. Black people vote for him for black pride and the rest of the whites vote for him because they are [developmentally delayed]ed. :roll:

During a history class we had a debate for each candidate and the history teacher randomly paired us to each candidate. it was me and my friends the only mcCain supporters on the Obama side (teacher picked it) and the rest were Obama's. The Obama supporters on our side couldnt even give reasons as to why he is a better candidate. it was really pathetic that my friends and i said some stuff that would get us grades.

Obama definitely won because he is black and because the media loves him! I think it is wrong for people to already expect Obama to change America into a great country. I mean he isnt even in office so how do you know? and i also saw a commercial on how Obama was on this new collector's coin. like seriously wtf?!?!?

So you see how it is. Black people vote for him for black pride and the rest of the whites vote for him because they are [developmentally delayed]. :roll:

Thank you for that assumption that I'm [developmentally delayed]ed. Hate to break it to you but I support him and my motor skills are fine. :thumbup:

Barack Obama won only for the sole reason that he is black.

Not really.

the media wanted obama to win and they are 90% of the reason why Obama become the President.

I suppose I can somewhat give you that.

Obama might be a little inexperienced, but he's getting backed up by some old-timers. And so far he's relatively stuck to his ideas, instead of cutting deals because it might help him get his second term in four years.

I think this change might be good. We'll be able to get double the beef.

Oh, and...

So you see how it is. Black people vote for him for black pride and the rest of the whites vote for him because they are [developmentally delayed]. :roll:

WtfI'mInuit/Cherokee.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I thought the whole election was a joke tbh. Barack Obama won only for the sole reason that he is black. Sure he does somewhat knows what he is talking about, but to me McCain seems like the better man in the election. But no........ The media [bleep] up McCain saying stuff like how nasty he was during the debate and mentioning a thousand times at how Obama is black and saying things like history is being made. Dont give me that [cabbage]. the media wanted obama to win and they are 90% of the reason why Obama become the President.

Not only this, but it spreads everywhere. During the election at my school, if u dont support Obama that means you are automatically a racist. I am not... I just think that he is full of [cabbage] and that McCain is a better candidate. So you see how it is. Black people vote for him for black pride and the rest of the whites vote for him because they are [developmentally delayed]. :roll:

During a history class we had a debate for each candidate and the history teacher randomly paired us to each candidate. it was me and my friends the only mcCain supporters on the Obama side (teacher picked it) and the rest were Obama's. The Obama supporters on our side couldnt even give reasons as to why he is a better candidate. it was really pathetic that my friends and i said some stuff that would get us grades.

Obama definitely won because he is black and because the media loves him! I think it is wrong for people to already expect Obama to change America into a great country. I mean he isnt even in office so how do you know? and i also saw a commercial on how Obama was on this new collector's coin. like seriously wtf?!?!?

a. calm down, most of your points are at least partially correct but your wording makes you look bad.

b. Im more disturbed around 90% of african americans vote democrat, not because of the party but because no group should agree 90%

c. the american media is left wing relative to the country so they are bound to support the more left wing candidate, I agree they went over the top though.

d. mccain lost because obama is a great speech giver, while mccains campaign was awful, I supported him under a lesser of two bad things concept and lost faith in him very quickly.

e. Agreed, nothing is more annoying then people who backed obama because hes black or young just as nothing is more annoying then people who supported mccain for being white(Americans, as a rule, are pretty dumb politically)

awteno.jpg

Way to have a terrible understanding of American history.

Show me your degree in History and a schedule of your graduate classes before you make that bold of a statement. It's amazing how different your view of history changes when you actually study it instead of getting it off of the History Channel.

The secession movement began as far back as the 1820's. Lincoln was simply the last straw for one state. Federal actions towards the secession motivated the rest of the Southern states.

Magekllr, while he did amazing things under extraordinary circumstances, the same can be said for several presidents such as FDR and even *brace for impact* George W. Bush. He was a good President in that he provided the things that the Office is supposed to and he did it well.

My only beef with Lincoln is his "legacy of abolition" that has been overplayed and overhyped by nationalistic intelligentsia over the past 150 years. His entire life has been rewritten to provide the trappings of abolitionism where it simply did not exist in his own lifetime. Like Washington and the cherry tree.

So my own problem is not with Lincoln, per say, but the way "common history" has treated him. I also think it's ironic that the media dares call Pres-Elect Obama the manifestation of Lincoln's dream, because after reading Lincoln's diary it is fairly certain that he would not have supported a black president. I hope you have a chance to read that particular tome. His attitude toward blacks are dripping with "white man's burden" elements.

But yeah, back on topic. Excited for the inauguration. I just hope the Pres-elect focuses on what he's going to do rather than spend an hour on the significance of his election.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

Do you know how stupid those two sentences are? Black people overwhelmingly vote democrat - it has been that way ever since Kennedy's support for equality legislation in 1960 and JBJ's signing of the Civil Right act so to say black people voted for him because he was black is silly, they voted for him because he is a democrat. If you use that sort of logic, wouldn't more women have voted Republican because of Sarah Palin - no because it's ridiculous reasoning.

As for the media winning the election for him with their 'support' - there was a lot of scrutiny over various aspects of his candidacy. The Reverend Wright scandal was overblown for a long time, the inexperience factor was mentioned continually and he was portrayed as an elitist. So I wouldn't exactly say they went easy on him at all. In fact, if the media won the election because they're liberal then why have there been so many Republican presidents? People can just about make a judgement on their own.

As for the other voters being [developmentally delayed]ed, well it's clear you're just suffering from sour grapes and acting like a child because your candidate didn't win. Pathetic.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

[hide=quote]

I thought the whole election was a joke tbh. Barack Obama won only for the sole reason that he is black. Sure he does somewhat knows what he is talking about, but to me McCain seems like the better man in the election. But no........ The media [bleep] up McCain saying stuff like how nasty he was during the debate and mentioning a thousand times at how Obama is black and saying things like history is being made. Dont give me that [cabbage]. the media wanted obama to win and they are 90% of the reason why Obama become the President.

Not only this, but it spreads everywhere. During the election at my school, if u dont support Obama that means you are automatically a racist. I am not... I just think that he is full of [cabbage] and that McCain is a better candidate. So you see how it is. Black people vote for him for black pride and the rest of the whites vote for him because they are [developmentally delayed]. :roll:

[/hide]

a. calm down, most of your points are at least partially correct but your wording makes you look bad.

b. Im more disturbed around 90% of african americans vote democrat, not because of the party but because no group should agree 90%

c. the american media is left wing relative to the country so they are bound to support the more left wing candidate, I agree they went over the top though.

d. mccain lost because obama is a great speech giver, while mccains campaign was awful, I supported him under a lesser of two bad things concept and lost faith in him very quickly.

e. Agreed, nothing is more annoying then people who backed obama because hes black or young just as nothing is more annoying then people who supported mccain for being white(Americans, as a rule, are pretty dumb politically)

a. sorry. i was sort of reminded of how pissed off i was during the election day

b. We both agree here. it is simply wrong that the black community votes for obama only for black pride or watever u want to call it. i mean im not being a racist but it is weird that one group of people vote for him. and 90% is generous. it seems as though its more like 95%

c. i dont understand the left wing concept. explain it please. I think the media shouldnt give bias opinions only the facts. well they did that but they do this: tell good facts about obama and tell flaws of McCain. And if the media is biased then why the bleep is all of them for Obama. surely one must be for McCain. im talking about fox. cbs etc. not individuals voicing opions over the radio

d. I do give props for Obama that he is a good at speaking but seriously people have to understand that once you are the president it is much more different then making speeches. and to be honest McCain might not be the top guy in the speech, but he doesnt really make mistakes (other then when he gets pissed off) and he explains wat he will be doing. I dont think McCain was bad enough at speeches to make him lose

e. yea i hate those people too. whenever i debate against someone in my school i clearly know my facts and their last resort is saying something horrible like McCain is old and will die in office. and Palin will have to become President. Yes presidents died in office before but that is pathetic. and this has been said alot:

McCain will die of old age --> president is Palin

Obama will get assassinated ---> president is Biden

Biden > Palin

tbh both are horrific things to say and lets look at this. McCain may be old but he is pretty healthy recently. presidents are well cared for. and for Obama. the secret service will make sure nothing happens. You think that people didnt hate bush that much to assassinate him?

and finally

f. why do people automatically assume that McCain is Bush. an exact clone of him. so it is really Obama vs Bush. Yes they are the same party and have the same basic beliefs but they are not the same. i think mcCain is Bush but one that can execute things correctly and prudently. that is another reason why McCain lost. the Bush administration was just too weak especially the last 4 years. that made everyone sick of republicans.

and it always happens like this. Americans after 4 or 8 years get fed up with the political party and chose the different one. that is why u always see republican then democrat then republican etc.......

[hide=]The secession movement began as far back as the 1820's. Lincoln was simply the last straw for one state. Federal actions towards the secession motivated the rest of the Southern states.

Magekllr, while he did amazing things under extraordinary circumstances, the same can be said for several presidents such as FDR and even *brace for impact* George W. Bush. He was a good President in that he provided the things that the Office is supposed to and he did it well.

My only beef with Lincoln is his "legacy of abolition" that has been overplayed and overhyped by nationalistic intelligentsia over the past 150 years. His entire life has been rewritten to provide the trappings of abolitionism where it simply did not exist in his own lifetime. Like Washington and the cherry tree.

So my own problem is not with Lincoln, per say, but the way "common history" has treated him. I also think it's ironic that the media dares call Pres-Elect Obama the manifestation of Lincoln's dream, because after reading Lincoln's diary it is fairly certain that he would not have supported a black president. I hope you have a chance to read that particular tome. His attitude toward blacks are dripping with "white man's burden" elements.

But yeah, back on topic. Excited for the inauguration. I just hope the Pres-elect focuses on what he's going to do rather than spend an hour on the significance of his election.[/hide]

I do agree his pro equality role has been overstated, but that shouldnt underscore the progress he did make. Im going off of a college history class not the history channel just to clear that up. Though a movement toward secession began well before Lincoln, if Lincoln had not been elected the southern states would not have seceded in the short term and who knows how things could have played out.

The difference between what Lincoln did and what Bush did is in the actual feat of pulling it off. Any number of politicians could have donen well after 9/11 and Im sure plenty could try to do a good thing and free people then procede to mess up a lot. Though the man was not perfect, Lincoln did set in motion the end to slavery and fully tried to preserve the nation he believed in. Under that kind of stress Bush would crumble miserably, as would most men.

Lets just call it difference of opinions, I dont want to throw thread off topic.

awteno.jpg

Here are the policies:

Obama: Upperclass will pay more taxes to stabilize the economy. > isnt this communism the very thing we have been trying to stop for a long long time. I mean sure they pay a little bit but obama wants it to be 60%. that i find is too extreme.

war in Iraq: timeline. troops will leave during a certain time no matter what is going on there. > If there is progress then keep them there. if not then bring them home. trying to bring peace in Iraq is simply impossible. let the suicide bombers kill each other there is really nothing we can do. best to just not get in the middle of it. and put the troops somewhere useful in Afghanistan or something. We still need them there to stop Al Quada from doing literally everything they want

It isnt that bad that Obama is president but now the whole congress is full of democrats. They can pretty much do whatever they want... aside from just doing unconstitutional things. but other then that they can do watever they want.

[hide=]The secession movement began as far back as the 1820's. Lincoln was simply the last straw for one state. Federal actions towards the secession motivated the rest of the Southern states.

But yeah, back on topic. Excited for the inauguration. I just hope the Pres-elect focuses on what he's going to do rather than spend an hour on the significance of his election.[/hide]

I do agree his pro equality role has been overstated, but that shouldnt underscore the progress he did make. Im going off of a college history class not the history channel just to clear that up. Though a movement toward secession began well before Lincoln, if Lincoln had not been elected the southern states would not have seceded in the short term and who knows how things could have played out.

The difference between what Lincoln did and what Bush did is in the actual feat of pulling it off. Any number of politicians could have donen well after 9/11 and Im sure plenty could try to do a good thing and free people then procede to mess up a lot. Though the man was not perfect, Lincoln did set in motion the end to slavery and fully tried to preserve the nation he believed in. Under that kind of stress Bush would crumble miserably, as would most men.

Lets just call it difference of opinions, I dont want to throw thread off topic.

Just as a closing statement, Lincoln did not put into motion the end to slavery. He did, however, crush it under his foot. Jefferson Davis had actually issued forth a plan before the CSA Congress to phase out slavery over a ten year period. Slavery was going either way. Lincoln without a doubt accelerated the movement, but he did not begin it.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

America is moving socialist not communist, we were founded on capitalism so people would never except communism. The free healthcare and such will make people forget socialism doesnt equal capitalism.

The one thing I really credit Obama for is not pushing radical left wing policy, and for probably loosening stem cell research restrictions.

to the post a few above about news bias

unfortunatly we dont have an unbiased media, and all networks besides fox are fairly liberal so if they are biased they favor Obama. If you watch the news a lot you will notice fox has become worse, they used to be decently fair but now its an anti obama monolog all day.

edit--to barihawk, hmm didnt know that about davis, quite interesting. American history has lost the fact it was a state's rights war under the guise of slavery

awteno.jpg

Here are the policies:

Obama: Upperclass will pay more taxes to stabilize the economy. > isnt this communism the very thing we have been trying to stop for a long long time. I mean sure they pay a little bit but obama wants it to be 60%. that i find is too extreme.

war in Iraq: timeline. troops will leave during a certain time no matter what is going on there. > If there is progress then keep them there. if not then bring them home. trying to bring peace in Iraq is simply impossible. let the suicide bombers kill each other there is really nothing we can do. best to just not get in the middle of it. and put the troops somewhere useful in Afghanistan or something. We still need them there to stop Al Quada from doing literally everything they want

It isnt that bad that Obama is president but now the whole congress is full of democrats. They can pretty much do whatever they want... aside from just doing unconstitutional things. but other then that they can do watever they want.

:wall: There was already like a 30 page topic discussing all that. We don't need another one.

Although I do find it humorous that Republicans only start caring now about a President & Congress being controlled by the same party...

160vy.png

Haha, a couple of weeks ago, this kid in my gov't class said "OMG! Obama's kids start chool today!" (after xmas break) my teacher said "who gives a (explicit), they're no different than anyone else." And she's a Democrat also.

But yea, LordJake is right, most people just use it as a marketing tool, and tbh, it's a great idea. My friend got tickets to the inauguration; and he gave em away for free cuz he ddin't want to go, because, well, Obama is no different from anbyone else. His skin doesn't make him special, although yes, it's a great feat for a Black Prez to be elected. I'm praying he doesn't get assassinated, that'd be awful.

One thing I hate; is how people in my class are like "finally, someone who represents people like us!" Sorry hon, he doesn't. He's a very rich man, born from a nice family, and is way better off then you'll ever be.

GL Obama.

MMMCanabalism, do you watch Fox a lot? Because they're pretty fair, while yes, they're still biased, have you ever seen MsNBC and their Anti-McCain monologs?

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

MMMCanabalism, do you watch Fox a lot? Because they're pretty fair, while yes, they're still biased, have you ever seen MsNBC and their Anti-McCain monologs?

I think MsNBC is horrible, my only intent was to say that fox has become less and less objective the more likely obama became to win. When they gave Sean Hannity his own show I decided Id just watch as little as possible, the man annoys me to death lol. I dont know which network is biased worse but I remember when fox was conservative leaning but clearly fair, and now they are about the most random garbage about obama and how it makes him bad.

wherever it was said, I really hope Obama doesnt get shot because that would be one of the worst things to happen to this country relative only to 9/11 and pearl harbor in modern history.

awteno.jpg

Well, I can't say I'm upset over it because its not all over the news I watch. I'm just curious as to how much this inauguration costs. If it is a large sum of money, could the event not be dimmed down a bit and some of that money put into other areas that need the finances? I believe that would really say something about his character. That's just my opinion, though. If he does something great, then I'll pay a little bit more attention to his direction. Until then all I can do is hope he does well.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Eh. I was watching House and 24 tonight, every single commercial break, there would be something about how Obama's inauguration is tomorrow.

Two things:

1. No [cabbage] it's tomorrow. I'm not a hobbit, you know?

2. Do you seriously have to blare it every commercial break? Once every three or four is fine, I realize it's a historical moment and all that. But every 10 minutes is over the top. Hell, not many people turn on their TVs and then shut it off 10 minutes later, especially in the middle of a TV show...

Anyway, I go to a high school in one of the most liberal cities in perhaps the most liberal state in the country. Over 80% of the people at my school support Obama. The principal has basically been forced to allow it to be shown in the library, and there's a rumor that you are allowed to skip class to watch (And it'll be an excused absence). I'm kind of sure this is true, as people are simply going to skip otherwise...(My teacher is awesome, he's said that we're most likely going to watch it. Too bad I don't have history during it, my history teacher is a huge supporter of Obama - and he's black. And there's a diehard Republican kid in my class that's constantly bashing Obama/democrats.)

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

edit--to barihawk, hmm didnt know that about davis, quite interesting. American history has lost the fact it was a state's rights war under the guise of slavery

"Common history" aka what they teach in schools *shudder* is rife with mis/half-truths and nationalistic propaganda. I try to teach real history when I can but it's hard for a 9th grader with undeveloped reasoning skills and 10 years of wrong teaching to grasp the concept of true history. It's always either the white legend or black legend, when they should be teaching the gray. History should be approached from all sides, not one.

Untitled.png

But yea, LordJake is right, most people just use it as a marketing tool, and tbh, it's a great idea. My friend got tickets to the inauguration; and he gave em away for free cuz he ddin't want to go, because, well, Obama is no different from anbyone else. His skin doesn't make him special, although yes, it's a great feat for a Black Prez to be elected. I'm praying he doesn't get assassinated, that'd be awful.

One thing I hate; is how people in my class are like "finally, someone who represents people like us!" Sorry hon, he doesn't. He's a very rich man, born from a nice family, and is way better off then you'll ever be.

You contradicted yourself.

You say Obama is no different from anyone else, but that he also doesn't represent the people in your class.

Obama is different from everyone else, mostly because he will be (is) the president of the USA. He is a well-spoken, intelligent, inspiring politician that is rarely seen. You may not agree with anything he says, but you can't debate that.

But his childhood was rather representative of today. His family wasn't wealthy. His parents were divorced. He worked his way through college.

That's what your classmates may have been referring to.

160vy.png