Does runescape feel the same?

snowycards

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

No. It feels very much bigger and more open. There seem to be very close to endless oppurtunities in the game. It feels much freer since all of the updates it has got since I started. It has IMO become a much better game since i like to feel free.

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

no, when i started it was more exciting since it was all new and didnt know the fastest ways to train. it was more exciting since i didnt know the best places or the fastest ways to get there.

the noob days were so great lol

I remember back when runescape was all about having fun and thinking that 1k was a lot of money..oh how I wish it was still that way today.

I loved my first days of being on the great world of Gielinor. My cousin showed me the Lumbridge Castle and the surrounding area, and gave me 2.5k!! :shock: Now I'd just stuff 2.5k on the money pile I've got banked, but back then it was a fortune. If I only could do that first time again, without the knowledge about runescape that I have now, I would. Loved that time.

But also now is great, I've met hundreds of people, from all over the world. I love being in Edge w78 to chat with the great people there. Even after over 3.5 years I'm still enjoying this game and the people that play it.

dragon drops: 2h, Med (x4), spear (x3), legs (x3), skirt, left half

barrow drops: 45+ GWD drops: 1x steam, 1x bandos plate, 1x tasset, 4x shard

proud owner of the Quest Cape since March 28th 2008 - [554/555 songs unlocked]

99 cooking on April 5th 2008

99 magic on June 29th 2008

Dog to 100% (full grown) at 2nd day of Summoning! :)

Hell no. When I first started the whole Runescape community was tightly-knitted. It wasn't all about grinding and getting money. It was about having fun and messing around, helping people who needed it. Today I guarantee that 50% of people you ask for help on something will be totally rude and be [cabbage] pissed about how you interrupted their grinding.

this.

Hell no, Rsc was the best. I love when there was just varrock,lumby and fally and the best setup was Addy plate and rune med.....

Howdydee2003:

99 Attack - 99 Strength - 99 Hits - 99 Magic - 99 Smithing

First To get 99 Smithing With GoldSmithing Guants

Zx7r Ninja (Currently Training) Updated 2/14/09: Ags Achieved on 2/15/09

75/75 Attack 89/99 Strength 50/50 Def 78/85 Hits

***Owned a Bandos Godsword since 59 Combat***

I felt awful when I killed my first unicorn, and it took me ages to get up the courage to do it.

Someone should siggy that. :lol:

to be honest, I still struggle with it :oops:

There are still nice people who are willing to help around. Like some one else said, I had a friend who gave me 3k and took me to buy some armour when I first started. My other friend took me out hunting this week as I told her I had no idea how to get started or where to go, she is also going to take me out falconing this weekend.

I am one of those who is willing to help others, some young guy asked me about my blue wizards hat - he didn't understand that you generally get them as drops early on. Offered me 1 k for it. I had a few and just gave it to him. Back then 1k was still a lot of gold for me, but why sell it when I didn't pay for it?

I have also taken the time to explain star mining to people who don't get it, I explain where my falador shield came from 3 or 4 times a day.

As for change, I believe change is inevitable, on RS, any online game and in the real world. For those of you who are feeling Jaded about RS, what you experienced when you stared on RS is still experienced by people such as myself who are relatively new. I don't know how you can change this as I think Jagex has put a lot of effort into providing more quests, minigames and trying to stay one step ahead of those who are long term members. Maybe you need to change your role in the game, or your perspective.

witchylucy.png

I felt like it was declining over the pest control nerf even though I never play pest control=S. & skillcapes also changed the game drastically, along with the stake, trade, and pk updates. Most recent of the big changes was the graphical updates, destroying what RuneScape used to look like.

New RuneScape is a shadow of it's past, for the good or for the worse, I'm not sure.

When I started in 2005 full addy was worth 40k (right now they're 19k each), and I would never have got enough money for them, but one very nice player sold me both platebody and plateskirt for 17.5k! Players really used to be much more friendly! Also, I remember paying 14k for a rune dagger (my first rune weapon!) and 32k for a rune longsword (back then I used longsword instead of scimmy because it looked much cooler in my opinion :D). I also got to over 50 woodcutting and firemaking with an addy axe, I never had enough money for a rune axe because they were 20k-25k and I burned every single willow I cut :lol: Also, I remember when I did Rune Mysteries 1-2 days after I registered, and it was SO hard... it took me 30 mins to get from Wizards' Tower to Varrock with a map :lol: And another 30 mins finding a guy named 'Aubury', and about 15 mins more to get back to the tower :D

The older days were so much better, people were much more mature and such...

As a new player/member of just a few (6) months I had a laugh as I read this thread and had to comment.

Some of those things I am experiencing now, i can relate to the ernest the chicken comment - though it took me 2 days until a friend told me where to find him :thumbsup: :lol:

And I had a major whinge at paying 19k for a rune long sword. I made 1000 bowstrings to pay for my rune armour, axes and splitbark armour. Took me hours. I have just spent 3 days hunting copper longtails to get up to level 40, than sold all the feathers and made a few thousand coins.

I have no idea of 98% of the terminology used in rs #-o

I get harrassed by young males wanting me to be their gf, or to give them money - although this doesn't happen so much on p2p than it did on f2p. I get abused for being a 'noob', gee we all have to start somewhere. I have been banned from the penguin chat for inadvertantly posting a sighting while on another world :shame: - I forgot to check when I logged on to RS that evening :oops:

I feel guilty when getting my thieving stats up :roll:

I felt awful when I killed my first unicorn, and it took me ages to get up the courage to do it - far too much harry potter I think. :oops:

I am absolutely panicking at the thought of doing the dragon slayer quest :ohnoes: I may only be a level 50 at this time, but it is my first big quest.

I have a couple of friends from real life who have been playing RS for a couple of years and now have me addicted. It's all their fault.

I also love Rs as it is a great stress release for me and although I do not know a lot of people online as I keep to myself, I have found most people pretty friendly and helpful.

I think hearing the honest thoughts from a relatively new player is interesting. It's fun to hear some people reminisce about RSC, but I am intrigued to hear what the newer players think about the game today with no experience of how we evolved and arrived to today's Runescape.

As for the question posed at the title - How could it feel the same? The game, the community, and I as a player have changed so much since I first logged in. Some have changed for the better, some for the worse. As far as gameplay I feel the basic strategy has remained the same. New items, new places, and new skills - but I think the way I approach things as a player is relatively the same.

rssig2.png

2w3134k.png

Good times: about lvl 45 in rsc.

The little hump: Becoming member for the first time.

Now: Lvl 88 f2p, no goals and just wasting my money...

I can almost apply this to every game, when you start to become good but there are still lots of things to learn, it is fun! ^^

Yebno.

Seeing that I've maxed out most of my F2P stuff, I don't get many more accomplishments, other than the WOOT, a level to 80... 90.... w/e.

I got hooked on runescape after the kids I babysat for played, and ask me to play with them. I think they got hooked on runescape after I introduced them to miniclip.

To me, I never felt much of a "community", but its hard to when there's 130 million different accounts. I think the most community I feel is at the GoP when I join up with some other TIFer's.

But I got that from Tip.it, not from runescape.

The things that I do miss are the random acts of kindness... the trade limit kinda restricted that, and at my level, who cares about 1k? I do however give stuff to levels lower than 30, but higher than 10, when I can. Also I like to help people mine their blurite when I'm chopping willows...

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The game changes, the community changes, and I change. It feels completely different.

If you're a teenager (or just after it) and playing for a few years, this is probably the most important factor.

When everything's been said and done, more has been said than done.

All skills 80+

angel2w.gif

It is different, I've changed, the game has changed, the community has changed. I started just after the transition to RS2. It was amazing back then. I remember saving up for ages to buy my first addy set for 40k. It meant the world to me. I was so proud.

Runescape is the only game that I can truly and honestly say has changed my life. Without it I wouldn't be into computers so much, I wouldn't be on TIF, I wouldn't be into Graphics, and in turn going for a job as an Architect. I have such memories. I remember for ages when I first started on my first account, I thought I wasn't able to speak, because the first time I tried, I hadn't clicked on the game window.

I love every minute of my time on runescape, but not as much lately. That is the curse of levelling up, nothing seems new, but Jagex do their level best to keep it interesting, and I love it. That is another reason I keep coming back to this game. I know of no other game on any format that is so cared for by it's creators. Jagex are some of the best people around, and from what I've heard, their office environment is brilliant too. Jagex, I applaud you for helping me to turn into the man I am today.

You know what? If I could go back in time, I'd do it all again. If I could change what I did with all those hours, I wouldn't. The growth in my account has not been so great, but the knowledge I have gained, the fun I've had, the people I've met, make this experience unforgettable. I wouldn't trade my experiences for the world.

I really hope that everyone who starts the game fresh enjoys it as much as I did, and can take away from it the valuble lessons that I learned, and the great experiences too. This game has been a major part of my life for around 5 years now, and I am thankful for it. It has been a place for me to go and have fun, to interact with other like minded people with a common goal. If something wasn't going well in life, I could go on Runescape and talk to someone about it if I wanted to. Alot of the time someone will listen. Generally, if you're in trouble, people will help you. A lot of the time if I was down, I would train, this not only improved my character, but I felt it improved me as a person too. I was achieving something, and it felt good. Runescape has been there for me, and I love it all the more for it. Thank you Runescape.

:thumbsup: =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

I have too many memories to even begin to try to type them all out. too tired atm too. \'

But it's been a helluva crazy fun ride. I'm not as old a player as most of you, didnt start till like 05 or so, and still i can say the game is amazing. by far the best imo, and yes it's changed, and will continue to hopefully. You just can't ever get bored. =)

Dpattle.png[hide=]

You think you got it bad?

My school blocks Neopets.Those dirty bastards try to keep me from feeding my Ixi. Ha!

[/hide]

Important Slayer Drops: masks-8, leafbladed sword, gmaul-3

Important treasure trail rewards: zammy page 1(3), rune kite g, zammy crozier, sara mitre, sara dhide, rune helm h1, guth page 4(2), zammy full helm, guth legs(3), sara chaps, guth page 3, zammy legs(2), and sara full helm, zammy pl8, zammy page 2, rune cane, sara page, sara crozier, zammy crozier, guth coif