Mass banning for penguins?

halo475

Comparing in-game crimes to real life ones is stupid, in the game the moderators can track every single move of yours, in real life you need evidence, in game moderators just banned everyone they saw, then started checking cases to see who did what

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why is red jude not banned yet! :shame:

Why do you care? -.-

Probably because Red Jude was one of the biggest abusers of the bug and gained nearly 2m slayer xp from it.

On a positive note, Red Jude is banned, again! \'

200000000.png

Why do you care? -.-

Probably because Red Jude was one of the biggest abusers of the bug and gained nearly 2m slayer xp from it.

:thumbsup:

die cheaters! :twisted:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

Why do you care? -.-

Justice has come for those who deserve it!

priest_wiz.png

Why do you care? -.-

So what if Red Jude abused the bug....did it affect you in any way? Not a single bit.

The irritating thing about a bug like this occurring is that so many people get all riled up over something that doesn't (shouldn't) concern them.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Why do you care? -.-

So what if Red Jude abused the bug....did it affect you in any way? Not a single bit.

The irritating thing about a bug like this occurring is that so many people get all riled up over something that doesn't (shouldn't) concern them.

85 slayer=whips,1 more person who can get whip drops=more whips in economy=whip price drops :lol:

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

So? More and more people get 85 slayer on an hourly basis...1 more person getting it would not change anything.

With this frame of mind, if everybody but had abused this feature and gotten all 99s (speaking hypothetically). Would you mind seeing tons of newbies getting ahead of yourself (mining faster, getting more kills per hour slaying, doing double nats, well everything faster including owning you in PVP...). There are rules and those rules apply to everyone. Break them and suffer the consequences or play by the rules and keep this game balanced.

There are players getting 85 slayers, 91 rc and 85 mining every day, that's true. But they deserved it (those that don't macro or share accounts) , they didn't cheat their way to better money making methods.

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

So? More and more people get 85 slayer on an hourly basis...1 more person getting it would not change anything.

With this frame of mind, if everybody but had abused this feature and gotten all 99s (speaking hypothetically). Would you mind seeing tons of newbies getting ahead of yourself (mining faster, getting more kills per hour slaying, doing double nats, well everything faster including owning you in PVP...). There are rules and those rules apply to everyone. Break them and suffer the consequences or play by the rules and keep this game balanced.

There are players getting 85 slayers, 91 rc and 85 mining every day, that's true. But they deserved it (those that don't macro or share accounts) , they didn't cheat their way to better money making methods.

I wouldn't mind it any more than the hypothetical situation of everyone but me getting all 99s without abusing a bug.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

so what? if someone gets murdered 100 miles away from you, it didn't affect you....so why should anyone care?

see....

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

so what? if someone gets murdered 100 miles away from you, it didn't affect you....so why should anyone care?

see....

Unless it's somebody I knew, I wouldn't do anything more than feel bad for the person who got murdered, just like I feel bad for anyone who does lose their stuff as a result of a bug abuser. In instances like that however, I trust the authorities will take care of said murderer just like I trust JaGex would take care of a bug abuser who abused a bug that affected others.

This bug on the other hand, does not affect other players...the falador massacre bug did, this one doesn't - there is a distinct difference between the two types of bugs [abusers of those bugs].

A better real world comparison would be someone cheating in school...you aren't affected by it and it's simply that student taking a risk which they feel they can get away with and will benefit them. I'm not going to run around yelling "FLUNK HIM FLUNK HIM!!! HE CHEATED!!!" because quite honestly, I don't care whether or not other students cheat.

So yeah, player abuses bug to take away from others = ok for those affected "they should be banned!", player abuses bug for personal gain and nothing more = don't worry about it...they'll either be taken care of by JaGex or they'll luck out and slip past detection but regardless of what happens you won't be affected nor will others.

I smiled when I saw Red Jude not on high scores anymore, I just had to go with the cliche "Justice!".

Nice to see Jagex taking some action and enforcing the rules that all of us agreed to when signing up.

I smiled when I saw Red Jude not on high scores anymore, I just had to go with the cliche "Justice!".

Nice to see Jagex taking some action and enforcing the rules that all of us agreed to when signing up.

That's ironic to me, because I've seen plenty of times where people will be outraged that they were "unfairly banned". In fact, isn't there a thread like that on these forums? See the thing is, we also agree that our account can be terminated at any given time for any given reason.

Why do you care? -.-

85 slayer=whips,1 more person who can get whip drops=more whips in economy=whip price drops :lol:

Whips have been steady at 1.5m ish for quite a while now, regardless of the new amounts of people reaching 85 each day.

Thank you. As they pointed out, the glitch was not commited on my account.

In other news, I just got unbanned 5 minutes ago.

Cute. I got re banned today for the same reason. They can't make up their freaking mind. They realized their mistake once and then they ban me again just to make the same mistake? Wow. Love it.

Thank you. As they pointed out, the glitch was not commited on my account.

In other news, I just got unbanned 5 minutes ago.

Cute. I got re banned today for the same reason. They can't make up their freaking mind. They realized their mistake once and then they ban me again just to make the same mistake? Wow. Love it.

Maybe they saw your Youtube video and banned you for making a video of yourself trying to abuse the bug and it not working. :mrgreen:

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Why do you care? -.-

Yay! =D>

-

In a sports game it would be pointless to be playing on the team that plays fairly if the other team has cheating players. All that training and practice just so the other team can cheat to win effects everyone else including their own team; as much as cheating in this game effects the other players. It devalues the gameplay which devalues the fun. Obviously the fair playing team will complain to the referee who should remove the cheating players.

Due the the extremity of the bug abuse they should be banned from the game as an example to anyone else who thinks cheating is acceptable. Jagex cannot prevent all bugs but they can make up the rules for us to follow - Remembering its the fair playing majority that pay their wages and demand such rules. Otherwise must of us wouldnt be playing here and be on cheatsRus or something lame.

Why do you care? -.-

Because, if there is a rule, stupid, needed, or otherwise, it should be enforced. Think about it this way (I know that by now you're tired of people making RS to real life analogies, but bear with me)...

If I decided that I should be allowed to walk around nude, despite laws against it, it would most definately take away some of other people's enjoyment of their life (they would go blind from overexposure to sheer awesomeness if the glare from my body didn't get to them first). The police arrest me. "No!" I say, "I can't be arrested! I think the law is stupid and unnecessary!"

Do they care? Of course they don't.

That made sense in my head, I hope it does when it makes its way into all of your heads.

Also, none of this is from personal experience.

When I see people say it, I pronounce it "poon" in my head. Makes more sense to me. My friend said it in real life once and I almost kneed him in the family-maker.

$DO || ! $DO ; try
try: command not found

Why do you care? -.-

Because, if there is a rule, stupid, needed, or otherwise, it should be enforced. Think about it this way (I know that by now you're tired of people making RS to real life analogies, but bear with me)...

If I decided that I should be allowed to walk around nude, despite laws against it, it would most definately take away some of other people's enjoyment of their life (they would go blind from overexposure to sheer awesomeness if the glare from my body didn't get to them first). The police arrest me. "No!" I say, "I can't be arrested! I think the law is stupid and unnecessary!"

Do they care? Of course they don't.

That made sense in my head, I hope it does when it makes its way into all of your heads.

Also, none of this is from personal experience.

Um. The problem is more of the fact that I don't care if you're walking around nude somewhere in New York. I'm far far away, and while yes, I'd agree it's a good thing you were pulled off the streets, I wouldn't be going around screaming "OMG WHY ISN'T THIS GUY ARRESTED YET?"

Did he break a rule? Sure. Does he deserve a ban? Sure. That's it. Let Jagex handle it the way they choose to handle it, but it's none of our business, seeing as it hardly affects most of us.

If I decided that I should be allowed to walk around nude, despite laws against it, it would most definately take away some of other people's enjoyment of their life (they would go blind from overexposure to sheer awesomeness if the glare from my body didn't get to them first).

I'm intrigued :-w

witchylucy.png

The decision everyones been waiting for:-

We have now assessed the players who have been banned for abusing a bug involving being able to spot a penguin infinitely rather than the usual once. For the next few hours we will be in the process of taking the appropriate action for each account.

They fall into three categories.

In the first category, 159 players have been permanently banned. These are players who have spotted a penguin at least 250 times and cashed in their points. Most had spotted significantly more than 250. Many had spotted several thousand penguins.

When you bear in mind that you can only spot 50 penguins at once. This means the players had to click on a penguin 50 times go to Larry for lots of rewards, then go back to the penguin and click 50 times go to Larry etc etc. Thats not something you can possibly do by accident.

All these people got enough penguin points to gain hundreds of thousands of xp points in hard to level skills. For several players it was millions of xp gained.

This is an extremely flagrant abuse of rule 4.

We are very aware that we have a lot of customers who play this game mostly to compete in the hiscore tables. Using bugs to gain this much xp is not fair for all the many honest players who compete for places in the hiscore table by putting in a lot of effort to get up their experience by playing legitimately.

In the second category there are a number of players who also knowingly abused the bug and deliberately gained extra rewards from it. The numbers of penguins caught and the number of times they cashed in their points at Larry is quite clearly more than an accident, but the advantaged gained was not obscene.

These players received temporary bans for breaking rule 4

In the third category there are a number of accounts which we felt banning them was a little too harsh. They had all spotted several more penguins than normal. Contrary to what some people have claimed we didnt ban anyone who spotted very small numbers extra, but we feel we should have set the number even higher as on further review there are a number of users banned who we dont think were deliberately trying to break the rules.

Nearly all of the those accounts were unbanned on Friday night, which is only two or three hours after they were initially banned, so hopefully it didnt inconvenience to many people. We apologise to any of these people who did lose playtime as a result. We are giving some free membership credit to those users.

A number of people have suggested a roll back of XP. While we can certainly see the merits of this idea, its unfortunately not technically possible at this time

I would remind all players that making use of bugs to gain an advantage in the game is against the rules and not fair on other players. For Jagexs part we should try as hard as we can not to let these issues arise in the first place, and we have learned from this, but when we have a game as in depth and as complicated as Runescape, even with many people testing changes, its unfortunately impossible to guarantee that the game will be completely bug free.

Thanks for everyone that has brought this bug to our attention and thanks to everyone who withstood the temptation to abuse this bug you are the kind of player that makes the RuneScape community so special :)

=D>

This is BS still!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

250 points is almost 320k exp. Unless these people are temporarily banned for 6 months, then Jagex Failed.

They still abused the bug, and knowingly did it. I would be fine with anyone that cashed in over 65 penguin points banned FOREVER.

sindarin00.png

[hide=Drops]Barrows: Ahrim's Robeskirt (2)

Dragon: Plateskirt (3) : Left Halfs (2) : Med Helm (1) : Boots (14) : Spear (3)

Treasure Trails: Sara Platebody (1)

Slayer: Leaf Bladed Sword (9) : Granite Helm (3) : Granite Maul (1) : Black Mask (3) : Abyssal Whip (2)

Other: Obby Cape (1) : Obby Maul (2)

Splits: Shield Left Half (1) : Dragon Med Helm (4)[/hide]

Very happy with those results. I hope those who got temp banned also get like 9 black marks. (Out of 10 I think?) Something keeping a record of the event on their account for the next couple months/years.

They gave a number! =D> =D> =D> I have to give it to them - Jagex are in my good books for sorting this mess out instead of ignoring it. It does ALOT for the community/gameplay to see such harsh actions.

I guess that between 50 - 250 there were alot more abusers which they rather not lose subscriptions from.. :P A temp ban is harsh when you consider the time they could of used playing legitly instead of using the penguin points. (Wasting rl money too?)