Mass banning for penguins?

halo475

*Zezima goes and finds penguins*

*Accidently spys one twice*

*Reports bug to Jagex*

*15 minutes later gets banned*

His Thoughts: ...oh...oh HELL no...

That would unbelievably suck to the max.

OT: Hope you get your account back man! Mass bans always suck. :(

too bad zezima is not number 1 anymore so many people wouldn't even notice use a gertjaars example cause he is the new number 1 zezima will just keep slippin tell he falls off the front pages of the hiscores and he needs to get 99 summoning btw.

DefenseGalz post was so full of fail it's not even funny.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Reports bug to Jagex*

too bad zezima is not number 1 anymore so many people wouldn't even notice use a gertjaars example cause he is the new number 1 zezima will just keep slippin tell he falls off the front pages of the hiscores and he needs to get 99 summoning btw.

DefenseGalz post was so full of fail it's not even funny.

maybe your just mad cause you cant get like me :o

Defense_Gal.png

defense_gal.png

*Reports bug to Jagex*

lisen 2 me mai zezima is da best k?

Zerker_jane.png

tks was #1 before zezima, no doubt, but tks wasn't number 1 for nearly as long as zezima was.

zezima has always been fairly well known since he got 99 smithing... he was the first to offer free rune smithing which drove down the then, ridiculous prices for rune armour and r2h's.

zezima will always be known as the top because so many youngin's are awe struck by him and his story. Just as bluerose13x will always be known, it's just how it goes.

pandapk2.jpg

i think its a bit harsh that they banned them, i wonder if they could just take the levels away?

Um, no. They should be banned. Zero tolerance policy, stop encouraging people to cheat.

i still think a ban is still over doing it maybe a mute or something but no a ban unless its just like for a day or 2.

it could be a accident

Parallel the abuse of a bug in RuneScape to a burglary. You may not be the one that did the crime, but you fit the description, so you are taken downtown for a while until everything gets sorted out, whether good or bad for you.

Me and my sister are un-banned and a couple of friends. If you are truly innocent you will get un-banned sooner or later just be patient.

Exactly. Jagex doesn't ban lightly, contrary to sensationalist beliefs.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

i think its a bit harsh that they banned them, i wonder if they could just take the levels away?

Um, no. They should be banned. Zero tolerance policy, stop encouraging people to cheat.

i still think a ban is still over doing it maybe a mute or something but no a ban unless its just like for a day or 2.

it could be a accident

Parallel the abuse of a bug in RuneScape to a burglary. You may not be the one that did the crime, but you fit the description, so you are taken downtown for a while until everything gets sorted out, whether good or bad for you.

In real life, the thief can leave town if he isn't caught quickly. What are you going to do, send your RS character on the run?

In real life, they need the suspects there to perform tests, lineups (if any witnesses), etc. In the game, they have access to all the information they can get, regardless of whether your character is banned or not.

Your comparison fails.

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif

it could be a accident

In real life, the thief can leave town if he isn't caught quickly. What are you going to do, send your RS character on the run?

In real life, they need the suspects there to perform tests, lineups (if any witnesses), etc. In the game, they have access to all the information they can get, regardless of whether your character is banned or not.

Your comparison fails.

It'd be like real life, except the Police would be a godlike deity that can see everything.

So Jagex mods are more like the secret police. Don't bother hiding your thoughts in your mind, they already know them.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I do hope those who were unfairly banned are unbanned and those abusing it get whats coming, but my main concern is how the hell Jagex made a stuff-up like this anyway. we've had penguins for ages now and they only JUST NOW screw up a simple program (to them anyway). :|

Popoto.~<3

I do hope those who were unfairly banned are unbanned and those abusing it get whats coming, but my main concern is how the hell Jagex made a stuff-up like this anyway. we've had penguins for ages now and they only JUST NOW screw up a simple program (to them anyway). :|

They messed farming up when they released a pretty big update last year. Maybe the penguin glitch had been around since tuesday, but since so few people searched for pens that day, it wasn't found.

priest_wiz.png

This is what Jagex' office looked like after the glitch:

BanButton2.gif

Luckily I wasn't (temp)banned. But then, I started doing Penguins the day after the glitch, and I wondered why there were none. I walked around the Wildy for an hour for nothing. Ah well.

It's not like you ever had a choice to begin with.

BanButton2.gif

Luckily I wasn't (temp)banned. But then, I started doing Penguins the day after the glitch, and I wondered why there were none. I walked around the Wildy for an hour for nothing. Ah well.

There aren't any in the wildy this week...

priest_wiz.png

BanButton2.gif

I know, I was talking about last week. When there were no Penguins around. This week I found 2 of them completely by accident, 1 in Feldip Hills when training Summoning and 1 on Dragtontooth island when helping someone with Ghosts Ahoy.

BanButton2.gif

I know, I was talking about last week. When there were no Penguins around. This week I found 2 of them completely by accident, 1 in Feldip Hills when training Summoning and 1 on Dragtontooth island when helping someone with Ghosts Ahoy.

The day after the glitch is still this week's penuins. And there were none in the wildy.

priest_wiz.png

Well, to be honest, I looked at a crappy internet site (some kind of Wiki) for that week's locations, because I hate crowded clanchats and world 60 in general. It said there was a Penguin in the Wildy, don't blame me for trying.

Well, to be honest, I looked at a crappy internet site (some kind of Wiki) for that week's locations, because I hate crowded clanchats and world 60 in general. It said there was a Penguin in the Wildy, don't blame me for trying.

Those locations on the wiki get updated after 3 days or so. Penguin hunt is one of the only things the RSOF is good for.

priest_wiz.png

Wow, so the Official Forum is actually good for something? If you can find that something between the hundreds of thousands of spam messages there, that is.

OT:

All in all, I think Jagex could have made their standards for tempbans better. Like, earning more than 15 points that week. They probably have records of nearly anything anyway, aside from maybe chat. Just banning everyone only slightly involved is a really bad move, in my opinion.

First of all, I have ocd...

I find myself clicking on weaker monsters as fast as I can until it's dead. I go crazy if things aren't in multiples of 10, so I have definitely clicked penguins many times without even thinking about it.

It's nothing short of a miracle that I didn't notice the penguin

So that's how it is Jagex?

It happens to the best... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7862840.stm

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Anyone programmed something big (let's say 10000+ lines..)? -Then you should know how easy it is to make a small mistake and crash something elsewhere! While JAVA is OO it still shares 1 memory, and segfaults can happen! - Luckily they don't have to work with pointers, and references are a lot easier - However you still have to watch out with the heap/dynamic assignments.... And it's easy to corrupt memory there!

I'm not blaming JAGEX for making a programming mistake: I'm blaming them for suddenly banning everyone. Who cares if someone abuses this bug? - they only spoil the gaming fun for themselves (and if you don't like playing: WHY THE HELL YOU PLAY RS THEN?).

I'm still banned/reviewed btw.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

First of all, I have ocd...

I find myself clicking on weaker monsters as fast as I can until it's dead. I go crazy if things aren't in multiples of 10, so I have definitely clicked penguins many times without even thinking about it.

It's nothing short of a miracle that I didn't notice the penguin

So that's how it is Jagex?

If you have OCD, stop playing Runescape and get therapy.

I program a lot, and pulli32 is right, even in 100-200 line scripts it's easy to make a tiny mistake, which doesn't return an error because there's nothing wrong with the syntaxis, just a tiny logical error. For example, it's very easy to ruin the Array nummering.

But it's still strange that this just happens NOW, and with only one Penguin.

If you walked into the bank and found the safe open and a stacks of cash in it and you decided to take them. Do you think you should just have to give it back?

If JaGex JUST took away the xp/ levels it's like saying "go ahead abuse the bugs, worst thing that happens is if you get caught, it just wont count"

If you knowingly abuse a bug, you deserve punishment.

"I accidentally clicked on the penguin 47 times, I didn't mean it" - BAH

"I was cleaning my knife and boom, it just went off...47 times"

chris_924.png

It happens to the best... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/7862840.stm

So that was what i had :-k

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011