Soul Wars Abyssal Minion Gives Free Abyssal Whips.

bigmoneyak

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't see how pets are fun sorry.

I know if I had that much zeal then it would go into XP. If I was maxed stats then yes, but until I have 99 it would go on XP.

Actually I wouldn't spend that much time is SW as other training methods are better but meh, I will play it for fun.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

lol, personally the 3rd conversation about the runecrafters is the funniest :P

yea!

tbh...y is this still open? theres really not much more discussion value...

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

The abyssal minion is the equivalent of a skill cape, but for much less exp. It's purely for show and "achievement". The dialogs are pretty cool once again from Jagex, but not worth the hassle IMO. What would be pretty cool though is to use the ring of stone near a mine with the minion following. Talk about miners getting scared!

langerkiller.png

Follow the progress of top players and my weekly updates here: 200M in all Skills

Latest Milestones Chart update : page 602

Latest top 15 update : page 602

6 slowest skills chart : page 563

Cat666 is just discouraging people not to get the pet so they do not get 85 Slayer and he can have the whip drops all to himself.

Not at all. If you see my normal posts in Help & Advice I actually encourage people to train via slayer. My argument here is the work involved in getting an abby demon pet is nowhere near worth the end product.

Get to 85 slayer.

Get an Abyssal Head (I'm 94 slayer and not had one)

Get 85 zeal (This was worked out at about 20 hours yes?)

That's a phenomenal amount of effort. 85 slayer everyone should get anyway, it makes sense when training combat, but then camping at demons for a head isn't advisable. I believe visages are more common. Plus I'm a true believer in slayer for XP so camping is out of the question.

Then you have the whole Soul Wars game. Yes it's good for a time killer but it isn't a serious way to level. I'd rather spend the time doing something for more XP. However if I did get that much zeal (and had the head), I couldn't justify getting the pet when the XP I could be getting towards to a skill would be huge.

I admit Jagex have excelled themselves with this joke, it is very very funny. But you know what I've seen it now thanks to this forum post. What is the point in me wasting all that time and possible XP just to do it myself? Sure it shows you have 85 slayer, but so does a 99 cape, and you will get a lot more kudos. Plus when would you have the pet out? There is a familiar suited for every purpose which could net you cash etc. Maybe the Grand Exchange, but then it would get lost in the spam...

Sorry I'm rambling.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

yea!

Because it is fun and not everything here on TIF need to be serious. We need some fun content as well! And also, this is an amazing discovery and a great thing. It's a proof of Jagex's humour which makes out a big part of RS. And this forum is all about RS, isn't it?

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

What is the point in me wasting all that time and possible XP just to do it myself? Sure it shows you have 85 slayer, but so does a 99 cape, and you will get a lot more kudos. Plus when would you have the pet out? There is a familiar suited for every purpose which could net you cash etc. Maybe the Grand Exchange, but then it would get lost in the spam...

Alot of people play Runescape just for fun, and to them Xp/Gp is just a byproduct of playing the game. If they consider it fun to set a goal of getting a high level pet they can show off to friends, there's nothing wrong with it. Its not a waste of time if you think you will get enjoyment out of it. Some people see levels as a way of enjoyment, while some see getting pets or other things like mini game rewards as enjoyment.

You cannot say one is better than the other, as Runescape is about fulfilling personal goals. Just because your goals are in xp, dosen't mean goals for certain items are worthless.

dawnsigblue-3.png

Cat666 is just discouraging people not to get the pet so they do not get 85 Slayer and he can have the whip drops all to himself.

ok. nobody cares.

[hide=]

yea!

Because it is fun and not everything here on TIF need to be serious. We need some fun content as well! And also, this is an amazing discovery and a great thing. It's a proof of Jagex's humour which makes out a big part of RS. And this forum is all about RS, isn't it?

[/hide]

humor isn't a big part that makes the game. the joke was intended so players can can get a little twist in the reward that they get from, similar to quests.

What is the point in me wasting all that time and possible XP just to do it myself? Sure it shows you have 85 slayer, but so does a 99 cape, and you will get a lot more kudos. Plus when would you have the pet out? There is a familiar suited for every purpose which could net you cash etc. Maybe the Grand Exchange, but then it would get lost in the spam...

Alot of people play Runescape just for fun, and to them Xp/Gp is just a byproduct of playing the game. If they consider it fun to set a goal of getting a high level pet they can show off to friends, there's nothing wrong with it. Its not a waste of time if you think you will get enjoyment out of it. Some people see levels as a way of enjoyment, while some see getting pets or other things like mini game rewards as enjoyment.

You cannot say one is better than the other, as Runescape is about fulfilling personal goals. Just because your goals are in xp, dosen't mean goals for certain items are worthless.

I completely agree. I really hate when people seem to think that if whatever your doing isn't giving you good exp/cash its worthless. Well, this is a game to play for enjoyment. Do anything that makes you enjoy playing the game.

25qpy4j.png

Signature made by me ^^

Proud owner of a Fire Cape!

Well, here it is. I did try alching the whip from the demon, and it gave 0gp. It took about 12 hours for the points, and 5 hours for the head. All in all it was a fun challenge. I think I'll get a pet Kurask next. It's the only one I haven't seen yet. ::'

abyssdemon1sl1.png

w518.png

abyssdemon2dv5.png

w765.png

Ohh, and on a side-note.. what's up with this? I've been seeing these glitches all over. I've been told it was something to do with penguins. It looks like a crazy little monster carrying a dark bow.

glitch1fe9.png

w515.png

No need to complain to me about my choice in reward either. Based on the xp I would get, I deemed the pet worthy. :thumbsup:

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

Well, here it is. I did try alching the whip from the demon, and it gave 0gp. It took about 12 hours for the points, and 5 hours for the head. All in all it was a fun challenge. I think I'll get a pet Kurask next. It's the only one I haven't seen yet. ::'

abyssdemon1sl1.png

w518.png

abyssdemon2dv5.png

w765.png

Ohh, and on a side-note.. what's up with this? I've been seeing these glitches all over. I've been told it was something to do with penguins. It looks like a crazy little monster carrying a dark bow.

glitch1fe9.png

w515.png

No need to complain to me about my choice in reward either. Based on the xp I would get, I deemed the pet worthy. :thumbsup:

lol I do that graphic glitch all of the time. Since it's now out in the open and everyone seems to know about it I guess I could just tell you before the fun is fixed by Jagex.

1-Get a Games Necklace, Penguin Suit and a Varrock Teletab (Not sure what teleports all work)

2-Go to the Cold War quest iceberg and go inside through to the agility course

3-Stand near the river opposite of where you see the black and white checkered starting line

4-Put walk on and click the starting line and when you get on it use your Games Necklace to teleport to Clan Wars (Should already be right clicked while walking)

5-(You should be human now) Continue the course until you get back on land

6-Do Turkey emote

7-Continue the course until you get past the last icicle that's on the ground

8-Only go up one space on the cliff with the ice spots on it and stay there

9-Teleport

(Lots of things cancel the glitch afterwards so be cautious of what you do. By the way this is why you can't explain in game how to do it lol)

So we should definitely have an organized event where we all take abyssal minions to the abyssal demons and walk around in there and hop worlds just for lulz.

Come on, it would be epic. xD

On the downside of this update, every whip drop is gonna have to be right clicked now so that we can see its not fake -.- else people are going to go to "omg whip drop" threads and be like FAKE NUB THATS A FAKE WHIP FROM AN ABBY MINION!!! (of course, with grammar that's a TON worse >.>)

Started free trade with 1.5m cash. 2 weeks later, have hit max cash 2x.

PvP drops: 359 Brawling Gloves, 11 Vesta's Longswords, 41+ Zaros/Ancient Statues

9 Dragon Full Helms, 3 Dragonfire Shields on the old PvP loot system

Brawler guide is being finished!

So we should definitely have an organized event where we all take abyssal minions to the abyssal demons and walk around in there and hop worlds just for lulz.

On the downside of this update, every whip drop is gonna have to be right clicked now so that we can see its not fake -.- else people are going to go to "omg whip drop" threads and be like FAKE NUB THATS A FAKE WHIP FROM AN ABBY MINION!!! (of course, with grammar that's a TON worse >.>)

People don't screenie whip drops anymore do they? I've not screenied any of mine.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

People don't screenie whip drops anymore do they? I've not screenied any of mine.

You should check the screenshot's topic...

priest_wiz.png

lol that's lame. Sorry but a whip isn't rare. It's like 1in 300 kills on average.

cat_sabbath.png

Trust the Gene Genie!

lol that's lame. Sorry but a whip isn't rare. It's like 1in 300 kills on average.

I know, but tell that to the people posting them there.

On the other hand, I'll be happy to get my first whip drop, though I won't post it all over the place. 85 slayer and a 1 mill+ drop are always nice.

priest_wiz.png