Holiday Musings and a permanent solution to rares

Jard_Y_Dooku

Nobody here knows what rares really were meant for so don't say what Jagex thinks about them. (unless you work there or have a reliable source)

Jagex is always trying to make us happy, to satisfy us to entertain us to keep us playing the game etc.

And with Holiday events they are trying to do just that, Party Hats were MEANT to be a part of that and they still are a part of the game, just like Wilderness was. If Jagex ever saw a threat from Rares, that they would ruin the game, they would have removed them a long time ago. They could have done that when the Dupe occured because they had a good reason for doing it too but they didn't, they just made future Holiday event items untradeable.

If you know how Jagex "operates" then you should know that they usually change something when there is something wrong with it or when players ask for it. Obviously they see nothing wrong with the rares and neither does a majority of the players.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nobody here knows what rares really were meant for so don't say what Jagex thinks about them. (unless you work there or have a reliable source)

Jagex is always trying to make us happy, to satisfy us to entertain us to keep us playing the game etc.

And with Holiday events they are trying to do just that, Party Hats were MEANT to be a part of that and they still are a part of the game, just like Wilderness was. If Jagex ever saw a threat from Rares, that they would ruin the game, they would have removed them a long time ago. They could have done that when the Dupe occured because they had a good reason for doing it too but they didn't, they just made future Holiday event items untradeable.

If you know how Jagex "operates" then you should know that they usually change something when there is something wrong with it or when players ask for it. Obviously they see nothing wrong with the rares and neither does a majority of the players.

Although I disagree entirely with your first statement, I believe you are on the right track with the rest.

Rares were meant to be a fun item and even though they are worth millions now, that is no reason to remove an item from the game.

"If person A got an item too easily, then persons B C and D should all get the same amount too or take away person A's!"

TETsig.jpeg

YOU! ATTEND TET EVENTS! CLICK HERE!

Although I disagree entirely with your first statement, I believe you are on the right track with the rest.

Rares were meant to be a fun item and even though they are worth millions now, that is no reason to remove an item from the game.

"If person A got an item too easily, then persons B C and D should all get the same amount too or take away person A's!"

No, If person A got an item (no matter how) then if person B, C and D don't get it, too bad for them. If they weren't around at the time the item was released then it's not person A's fault, neither is it person A's fault that they can't afford to buy the item.

You're wrong, a phat isn't a 30gp item worth 100 million, it's a 100 million item worth 100 million. Going by that logic, a whip is worth 30 million because they were worth that at one point. As said before, some play games to have fun and enjoy buying useless items, it's their business.

Making rares available to everyone does not necessarily mean making them free. If phats were fixed at an unlimited supply at a price of 100m each, they would still be available to everyone willing to get 100m to pay for them, and their status would not be diminished in the least.

Similarly, a holiday item can be made available to all players and still remain symbols of seniority. If a chicken suit can only be re-obtained after completing a minimum of three Easter events, then you still need to have an account at least two years old to wear one...just like you would today.

The problem with this that I can see is that while it shows a certain amount of age, as the game gets older it will become less useful for showing the age of your account. And I've thought about that and come up with what I think is a fair solution.

If the exact year you started playing is something people are interested in displaying, perhaps Jagex could release some sort of cape or something with the year of account creation on it? They do have that information, no? I could imagine a "2003 Cape" that's just a solid color with "2003" on the back. Since newer players could still obtain more or less the same cape (just with a different number on it) there would be none of the same problems that other items have.

The major downsides I could see would be that for one thing, you wouldn't be able to wear it with a skillcape, which would be sad. And for another thing, players might not like the color or design. For the first problem, the cape is the most visible equipment slot, so it would be ideal for displaying a number, but it could just as easily be put in the head or chest slot as well. Or, in Barbarian Assault your cape slot is used to make the little glowy thing around you...the item could be worn in a different slot and project the year number elsewhere on the character's sprite. That would be fancy. For the second problem, perhaps they could come in different colors the way Team Capes do.

I think these solutions would be a good way to solve the various problems associated with discontinued items.

[hide=]Making rares available to everyone does not necessarily mean making them free. If phats were fixed at an unlimited supply at a price of 100m each, they would still be available to everyone willing to get 100m to pay for them, and their status would not be diminished in the least.

Similarly, a holiday item can be made available to all players and still remain symbols of seniority. If a chicken suit can only be re-obtained after completing a minimum of three Easter events, then you still need to have an account at least two years old to wear one...just like you would today.

The problem with this that I can see is that while it shows a certain amount of age, as the game gets older it will become less useful for showing the age of your account. And I've thought about that and come up with what I think is a fair solution.

If the exact year you started playing is something people are interested in displaying, perhaps Jagex could release some sort of cape or something with the year of account creation on it? They do have that information, no? I could imagine a "2003 Cape" that's just a solid color with "2003" on the back. Since newer players could still obtain more or less the same cape (just with a different number on it) there would be none of the same problems that other items have.

The major downsides I could see would be that for one thing, you wouldn't be able to wear it with a skillcape, which would be sad. And for another thing, players might not like the color or design. For the first problem, the cape is the most visible equipment slot, so it would be ideal for displaying a number, but it could just as easily be put in the head or chest slot as well. Or, in Barbarian Assault your cape slot is used to make the little glowy thing around you...the item could be worn in a different slot and project the year number elsewhere on the character's sprite. That would be fancy. For the second problem, perhaps they could come in different colors the way Team Capes do.

I think these solutions would be a good way to solve the various problems associated with discontinued items.[/hide]

How about just leaving it the way it is?

[hide=]Making rares available to everyone does not necessarily mean making them free. If phats were fixed at an unlimited supply at a price of 100m each, they would still be available to everyone willing to get 100m to pay for them, and their status would not be diminished in the least.

I think these solutions would be a good way to solve the various problems associated with discontinued items.[/hide]

How about just leaving it the way it is?

Because there are problems with the status quo that could be fixed?

Say for a moment that I, like more than half of 'Scapers, consider the in-game appearance of my character to be an integral part of the game. Or perhaps I want to have a friendly snowball fight with some friends. Or maybe I want to dress like the Grim Reaper and crack jokes like "You're next," or "See you soon," or silly things like that. Now say I joined the game last year. While other players will be able to have scythes and hoods and snow globes that allow them to dress up the way they want, that will never be possible for me unless a change in policy occurs. Never.

And that is a problem. Just because it's arguably a minor problem doesn't mean it isn't worth fixing. Jagex has shown that they're more than willing to effect fixes to minor annoyances like these in the very recent past.

So in response, I ask you: why shouldn't it be changed?

Say for a moment that I, like more than half of 'Scapers, consider the in-game appearance of my character to be an integral part of the game. Or perhaps I want to have a friendly snowball fight with some friends. Or maybe I want to dress like the Grim Reaper and crack jokes like "You're next," or "See you soon," or silly things like that. Now say I joined the game last year. While other players will be able to have scythes and hoods and snow globes that allow them to dress up the way they want, that will never be possible for me unless a change in policy occurs. Never.

And that is a problem. Just because it's arguably a minor problem doesn't mean it isn't worth fixing. Jagex has shown that they're more than willing to effect fixes to minor annoyances like these in the very recent past.

Do you and everyone that agrees with you lack the brain cell that helps you understand that the whole point of holiday items is to show you were there for the event?

Do you and everyone that agrees with you lack the brain cell that helps you understand that the whole point of holiday items is to show you were there for the event?

Got a source for that?

I would have thought that if the only intention was to show you were there, you'd get a plain old receipt instead of a funny hat. My impression was that the rewards are meant to be fun little toy-type things for your personal enjoyment.

And santa hats, h'ween masks, easter eggs, pumpkins, party hats, and cornucopias seem to contradict you.

So...source? :-s

Got a source for that?

I would have thought that if the only intention was to show you were there, you'd get a plain old receipt instead of a funny hat. My impression was that the rewards are meant to be fun little toy-type things for your personal enjoyment.

And santa hats, h'ween masks, easter eggs, pumpkins, party hats, and cornucopias seem to contradict you.

Source? I've been playing for years. Your whining isn't new. People complained when Santas/Phats/etc. were becoming collectibles. People complained when there weren't enough Bunny Ears dropped. People complained when they weren't home when scythes were dropped.

Jagex doesn't give a flying [bleep]. They're not going to give another chance years after and you're a joke for thinking otherwise.

Got a source for that?

Well considering that you can't wear a receipt and many players (including myself) only log on during holidays to get the item; yes, they can be used to show how old your account is. That cape idea is just stupid and pointless when there are already items like the scythe and bunny ears to do that job.

@ binni: Sorry I didn't make that clear, I actually meant for that to be from the perspective of a person such as the OP, I'm totally against that mindset.

TETsig.jpeg

I fail to see why exactly bunny ears/scythe are being mentioned, those are fine rares/discontinued items. they arent in question.

Party hats, halloween masks, easter eggs, pumpkins etc, give no indication of account age. I was around for the drop, but currently dont own a party hat (because i choose not to, the rare market isnt stable enough for me to invest in considering how little I play)

If people are so against removing those rares and remaking them as items like every other holiday item, then why not make a shop that has unlimited numbers of the rare items, for the current market value? (as in it keeps current with the market value)

and as for showing age- I quite like the year capes idea! however- Jagex doesnt like to give out the age of accounts, I've personally sent a query to find out the exact age of my account ( I started within the first few months of runescapes release) and I was replied with a message which warned me that many people ask, and they use this information in account selling. Old accounts are like fine wine, age is better- so while I like the idea, I strongly doubt it would be implemented based solely on that reason.

Reverents can be a pain, but you can run away from them. Just curious, do they still have teleblocking ability?

Fear the church, the reverents have 85 magic!!!!

I fail to see why exactly bunny ears/scythe are being mentioned, those are fine rares/discontinued items. they arent in question.

Party hats, halloween masks, easter eggs, pumpkins etc, give no indication of account age. I was around for the drop, but currently dont own a party hat (because i choose not to, the rare market isnt stable enough for me to invest in considering how little I play)

If people are so against removing those rares and remaking them as items like every other holiday item, then why not make a shop that has unlimited numbers of the rare items, for the current market value? (as in it keeps current with the market value)

and as for showing age- I quite like the year capes idea! however- Jagex doesnt like to give out the age of accounts, I've personally sent a query to find out the exact age of my account ( I started within the first few months of runescapes release) and I was replied with a message which warned me that many people ask, and they use this information in account selling. Old accounts are like fine wine, age is better- so while I like the idea, I strongly doubt it would be implemented based solely on that reason.

You answered why there is no need for the age capes in your post. Untradeable holiday items already do such.

As for a shop selling an unlimited amount of rares, terrible idea. Just like every other item in a runescape shop, the value of those items decrease significantly due to their excess amount (and hardly any leaving the game) which is unfair to those rich players who own several rares.

TETsig.jpeg

Got a source for that?

List of Suggestions to avoid (No longer contains a list of things Jagex "may" implement, just deals with things that won't be coming out)

Making Holiday/Random Event Items tradeable and vice versa

Re-dropping/Selling tradeable Holiday Items

Requests for holiday emotes to be made available again

So there you have it. They're not going to make them tradeable, they're not going to redrop them, they're not going to make them untradeable, and common sense should tell you that they're not going to remove them.

I have an idea; Instead of Jagex going through all the trouble to replace holiday events and make it twenty times more complicated, they just stick with their original plan:

1. New items every holiday

2. Emotes are reused, exception to the rule

3. You have to be there to get it

4. You snooze you lose

5. stop crying, baby.

You should've been taught at a young age about fairness, getting over it, and gratitude. I guess Jagex assumes too much responsibility on the part of their player's parents.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

As for a shop selling an unlimited amount of rares, terrible idea. Just like every other item in a runescape shop, the value of those items decrease significantly due to their excess amount (and hardly any leaving the game) which is unfair to those rich players who own several rares.

Agreed. Those who think that selling an infinite amount of a rare item at an expensive price will not cause a drop in value are wrong. The point of a rare item's price is it's exclusivity. People are willing to pay millions for a holiday rare because of the fact that it's a) rare and B) discontinued.

I guarantee people won't buy a Blue Partyhat for 300mil when ANYONE and EVERYONE could eventually get one. Hell, I doubt anyone would buy one for more than 10 gp. Because as soon as everyone has the potential to get their hands on one, Partyhats, Masks and the Santa Hat become nothing more than another "Chef Hat".

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

nachalo

1. Give every player access to the holiday items from all past events whenever they play a holiday event (e.g. you play a Christmas 2009 event, you get all the music, emotes and items from all previous Christmases). Diango can offer all the previous items the same way as he does the newer ones.

Why though? I think the way they have it set right now is good enough because it isn't pleasing one specific group of players - it's a compromise. It's not fair that people who just started recently missed out on their chance to get holiday stuff, but it's also not fair to the people who are vets and want symbols of their dedication to the game throughout the years. Jagex is pleasing both parties by giving emotes and music but not giving items.

2. Give every player that owns partyhat(s) or other tradeable rares an amount of coins equal to the current market value of the items and delete the items. This ensures the economy will remain in relatively the same state due to the fact no money is put into the economy, or taken out.

That would be a lot of gp entering into the game from nowhere.

3. Make partyhats and other tradeable rares untradeable and let Diango offer them to anyone.

A lot of people like the rares the way they are. A partyhat just wouldn't be as special anymore if every Average Joe has one.

Got a source for that?

List of Suggestions to avoid (No longer contains a list of things Jagex "may" implement, just deals with things that won't be coming out)

Making Holiday/Random Event Items tradeable and vice versa

Re-dropping/Selling tradeable Holiday Items

Requests for holiday emotes to be made available again

So there you have it. They're not going to make them tradeable, they're not going to redrop them, they're not going to make them untradeable, and common sense should tell you that they're not going to remove them.

I have an idea; Instead of Jagex going through all the trouble to replace holiday events and make it twenty times more complicated, they just stick with their original plan:

1. New items every holiday

2. Emotes are reused, exception to the rule

3. You have to be there to get it

4. You snooze you lose

5. stop crying, baby.

You should've been taught at a young age about fairness, getting over it, and gratitude. I guess Jagex assumes too much responsibility on the part of their player's parents.

two words Dragon Plate...

btw i neither agree or dissagree. Rares serve a purpose somewhat as by now im sure someone would have 2 stacks of cash if they didnt have something to spend the money on. But, at the same time I have detested them as back when i first started playing a dude died with a santa while mining rocks under fally took advantage of my and bought it back for 12k...needless to say that is only one person, but that is a type of behavior associated with the wealthy, merchs in general...

Americans love to fight. All real Americans love the sting of battle.

George S. Patton

1242631666.png

Got a source for that?

Source? I've been playing for years. Your whining isn't new. People complained when Santas/Phats/etc. were becoming collectibles. People complained when there weren't enough Bunny Ears dropped. People complained when they weren't home when scythes were dropped.

Jagex doesn't give a flying [bleep]. They're not going to give another chance years after and you're a joke for thinking otherwise.

If you're just going to flame and ignore me, you might as well not post in the first place.

Yes, things like "More bank space" and "New servers." They'll never do any of that. :roll:

Agreed. Those who think that selling an infinite amount of a rare item at an expensive price will not cause a drop in value are wrong. The point of a rare item's price is it's exclusivity. People are willing to pay millions for a holiday rare because of the fact that it's a) rare and B) discontinued.

I guarantee people won't buy a Blue Partyhat for 300mil when ANYONE and EVERYONE could eventually get one. Hell, I doubt anyone would buy one for more than 10 gp. Because as soon as everyone has the potential to get their hands on one, Partyhats, Masks and the Santa Hat become nothing more than another "Chef Hat".

How are the prices going to drop if the shop sells them at the same price as the GE? Are you thinking that every noob will just go out and buy one? A chef's hat costs under 100 gp. A green mask costs about 100,000 times more than that. Not something every noob can go out and buy. Today's player-submitted poll had a question asking, "If you could have one of these things for a day, which would you want?" One of the options was 10m gp. I just checked, and it's only about 100 votes behind "All capes of achievement" at the time of this post, with more than 20% of the votes. Not to mention the additional 15% who voted for a godsword, which costs less than a phat.

Besides, if you haven't noticed, rares have already been dropping steadily for months.

Again, you try to constru runescape as real life, it isnt.

1. There is no reason, NONE for there to be broken/unfair/anything wrong in a FANTASY WORLD. Why people fight this so strongly is beyond me, just because of this thread I now plan purchase a few party hats and alc them just because it would help remove some of them, but wont because it would only make the price higher.

2. Jagex is the creator, in a game-life comparison, Jagex is GOD not the government. They've taken actions against rares, they know they made a mistake, hence why they havnt released any more rares. the problem now is, they have a giant sore on the face of their game, and they need to find a way to take it away without causing damage.

3. the problem with that is that they cant, no matter what they do, people get pissed, so eventually they'll cut their losses and just eliminate rares in one way or another, its nescessary, as there is no PURPOSE for rares, they are useless trinkets, with no value other than : Oh look, that guy has some pixels on his head....yay?

4. they were never meant to be monstrously expensive items that have stagnated above the market, they were a fun holiday release. those who say that things become what they werent meant to be- so what? sometimes its a good thing, sometimes its a bad thing- PoH's were never meant to allow you kill people anywhere, but they did allow it, so why did jagex change that?

Because it wasnt right, it wasnt the intent of PoH's, Partyhats appear to be a harder thing to convey as broken. If they were meant to be ultra valuable items, they'd have alch values that are ultra high.

5. and @ShadowFazPZ- no one here is whining that its too hard to obtain these items. its not about availability, its not about status, its about the party hat being a broken item- a 30gp item is worth a hundred million gold, they just arent what they're supposed to be, they've evolved past 'fun' items, to items that have no purpose other than moving money.

6. and yes, the definition of rare is well known, however these are holiday items, not 'rares' Elysian(sp) shield is a rare item, party hats and masks and eggs and pumpkins etc are DISCONTINUED, rare implies there is still a SOURCE, in that, no matter how many of the item is taken out of the game, there is still the possibity for more to enter through some means.

7. if everyone dropped their 'rares', they'd disappear and there would be no more rares. however if everyone dropped all the hammers in runescape, they could still get more. hopefully you understand the point!

1. There is a reason that the game will always be "broken", because the creators are human and will always make mistakes.

And, as humans, we FIX our mistakes and then work on the next ones. That's like whenever you do something wrong you have the excuse that you're human and make mistakes. True... so go fix it and go on to the next thing.

2. No, Jagex is the government. They set up the rules, control your environment, and add/remove things as they see fit.

No, Jagex IS God. The government cannot alter how the universe works, Jagex can. A government has very little power over the universe. In respect to RuneScape, Jagex has ABSOLUTE power as they can do absolutely anything they like with the game.

3. You're going in circles at this point. As said several time before, there is no need to remove a fun item just because it serves no actual purpose. By that logic, you could remove every household dog from the world, because they really don't improve an average family and are just for entertainment. Also, who are you to tell someone how to spend their money in an online game. It's my business if I want to spend my money to buy a useless pixelated hat while it's your business to buy the items to raise your skills to gain pixelated levels.

Dogs are very useful creatures. Many dogs assist disabled people, and their keen sense of smell can allow them to save your life in a fire. Their excellent swimming skills can save you from drowning. Their canine teeth can protect you from intruders. That was a stupid example, dogs are much more than 'entertainment'. Many people are quite emotionally attached to their pets, and by your logic we should just cast away our friends, because they're only around for our entertainment, right?

As for the second part of your statement, there's no reason I shouldn't be allowed to have the same pixels as you if I want them, or vice versa and all to all.

4. POHs were a bad example on your part. Other people were affected by those killings for doing nothing, rares have no impact on you unless you choose for them to.

Rares have a huge impact on both the economy and society, both of which every player is part of whether we choose to be or not.

5. You're wrong, a phat isn't a 30gp item worth 100 million, it's a 100 million item worth 100 million. Going by that logic, a whip is worth 30 million because they were worth that at one point. As said before, some play games to have fun and enjoy buying useless items, it's their business.

Yes, it IS a 30gp item. What he's trying to say is that it's utterly USELESS. In fact, a hammer can do more for me than a party hat can. Why would you rather pay 100,000,000 coins for a hat that does NOTHING at all (and makes you look like an idiot 5-year-old who just came home from Burger Queen), or 1 coin for a hammer that lets you smith armor and weapons, bang open the Bandos door, allow you to complete tons of quests, and more uses I can't remember off the top of my head?

6. I see in now way how the word rare implies that a small source is still coming in.

Ok, we agree on that. He was simply making a point that there's a HUGE difference between 'rare' and 'discontinued' items. I have Jagex backup for this one, because a JMod posted that the Soul Wars rewards didn't give RARE items, LIKE godswords, dragonfire shields, abyssal whips, etc.

7. So hammers aren't a rare item? I really don't see where you were going with that besides stating the obvious.

I agree, bad example, but his other points are quite valid.

Got a source for that?

If you're just going to flame and ignore me, you might as well not post in the first place.

Yes, things like "More bank space" and "New servers." They'll never do any of that. :roll:

How are the prices going to drop if the shop sells them at the same price as the GE? Are you thinking that every noob will just go out and buy one? A chef's hat costs under 100 gp. A green mask costs about 100,000 times more than that. Not something every noob can go out and buy. Today's player-submitted poll had a question asking, "If you could have one of these things for a day, which would you want?" One of the options was 10m gp. I just checked, and it's only about 100 votes behind "All capes of achievement" at the time of this post, with more than 20% of the votes. Not to mention the additional 15% who voted for a godsword, which costs less than a phat.

Besides, if you haven't noticed, rares have already been dropping steadily for months.

I was going to respond to the bold myself with the same point you made, but you beat me to it; thanks. I'll just say "owned". And as mentioned before, two words - dragon platebody.

Mm, your tears are so yummy and sweet

The people on your side are whining just as much as the people on my side. The only difference is, we're more logical because we want a broken system fixed, and your side's excuses mostly consist of "I played longer than you so I'm special! Wah!". First off, perhaps some of US have played longer than YOU? Secondly, if you're so concerned about being SPECIAL in an online game meant for enjoyment, and that you should be treated better than other players even though you've done nothing to earn or achieve that status, your logic is a bit off. And "joining the game earlier" doesn't count as DOING something. That's a stupid excuse and I think we all know that. What I mean by DOING is what you ACHIEVE in the game by playing it.

I've also seen a few arguments like "oh, so old players shouldn't be rewarded? Then I guess we should just give everyone 99 stats since they didn't start years ago". This is one of the stupidest arguments you can come up with. The point is, and I'll make it clear: most anything I achieved in the past 8 years of RuneScape CAN BE ACHIEVED by a player who starts tomorrow. All they have to do is spend as much time as I did, in TOTAL. You could make the argument that if we each played for infinity time, I'd always be ahead, but other factors can change that, and the point isn't that I'm AHEAD, it's that the new player can ALWAYS achieve whatever I do at a later time. He can always catch up to me with each achievement, and the next and the next after I do them. But he can always DO everything I do. Do you get the point? Holiday items, which are meant for FUN anyways, go against that. No matter how long a newer player played, he can NEVER get those no matter what he does. And you DON'T deserve anything for attending the event. Attending the events is not time consuming nor does it require effort, which is probably why you like it - you're getting something for nothing. So those of us with Scythes, who required no effort to obtain them, should deny them to people who work their tails off for high level items like Godswords and Spirit shields? I don't think so.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

nachalo

I dunno.. I'd be pissed off if every single player was walking around with bunny ears, only true 'old time' players have those. [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]s are more common but still i would hate to see them go.

Like really.. what would you rather have, a pumpkin and a partyhat, or a yoyo, bunny ears and a [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]?

regarding the rares maybe a good idea though, but only the tradeable ones.

FRONTPAGE.png

{DeviantART}{Last.Fm}{Join Sublime GFX, great community for artists!}

Back to RuneScape, Again.Avatar by Brian The Great

nachalo

I dunno.. I'd be pissed off if every single player was walking around with bunny ears, only true 'old time' players have those. [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]s are more common but still i would hate to see them go.

Like really.. what would you rather have, a pumpkin and a partyhat, or a yoyo, bunny ears and a [Caution: Jagex Rule Violation]?

regarding the rares maybe a good idea though, but only the tradeable ones.

A pumpkin and party hat, because then I could sell the worthless pieces of cabbage and get some more 99 capes.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Value and price are two different things, I would think. Sure, the price can be never changing on an NPC selling the Phat for 300mil, but that doesn't change that the VALUE will go down. Again, because only a certain amount of them are in the game, the VALUE is incredibly high. With an infinite amount of them in the game, the VALUE goes down, cause no one really wants one anymore, as they are nothing more than expensive clothing (There'd be nothing special about them).

What does that poll have to do with anything?

And yes, I have noticed :P

Taking a Playstation 3 break.

card.png

Bank space falls under "not technically possible at this time", as they have to upgrade the system to allow for bigger character files before they can add more bank space. Servers fall under discussed to death.

They've already said in past threads that they will not make it possible to obtain holiday event items if you weren't there for them, as it goes against the intent of the items in the first place.

two words Dragon Plate...

They said they had no plans on completing the dragon armor back in runescape classic, but changed that because of demand from players. There's a big difference between releasing a piece of armor everyone wants, and removing the exclusivity of a couple dozen items just because of about 20 whiny players.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

nachalo & Privet ^_^

I read through and thought pretty hard on the topic. In some cases I can understand why people would consider there being a "problem" with rare items and the costs they have raised to but really...who's to blame for that? Only us the players. I like your idea though I can not agree to it at the same time, as mentioned before the economy would go haywire and the masses working with rares would just look to corner some of the other items in return anyways. Bad juju my friend.

UPDATIN SIGGY ^,^

For the same reason the USPS doesn't fire up the printing press and run off a few thousand inverted jenny stamps - the rarity is what makes the items desirable. No one would pay for one if anyone could get one just by dropping coin.

You pixel egalitarians will never get it. :wall:

PvP is not for me

In the 3rd Year of the Boycott
Real-world money saved since FT/W: Hundreds of Dollars
Real-world time saved since FT/W: Thousands of Hours