Lock Please, or let it die.

sees_all1

From Mod MMG's post

Q) Thepker163 - I would be opposed to free players having access to post on forums as this would lead to spam and forum riots, etc.

A) We are looking at allowing only high level free players to post on the forums.

F2Pers in the RSOF? Is Jagex giving F2Per's everything!?!?!

So, the debate. Should high level f2pers get access to the RSOF? What should be the minimum level requirement for f2p access?

IF you are answering "no, they shouldn't", please give an appropriate reason why not, and not just "they don't pay" - and try not to repeat other people's responses, unless you can give their idea in a different light.

IF you are answering "yes, they should", please give at least a minimum level and a justification for it.

My opinion:

From what I've heard, the RSOF is trash anyway, and a minimum level requirement in general might do it some good. Considering the fact that there are 15 f2p skills, and it takes a little dedication to get any skill above 50, I'd say the minimum total level for a f2per to post on the RSOF to be 759 OR have been a member at any point in time prior.

Debate:

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i personally dont care either way...from what i have read on the rsof, they are much more spammed than the tip.it ones...even if they do give us f2pers forums i would still only use the tip.it ones

MyWorldHero.png

Barrows:

Verac- Helm, Brassard x 2,

Torag- Body, Hammers

Karil- Crossbow

Guthan- Body

Ahrim- Hood, Staff

No, a mass induction to the forums would be horrid.

Right, but anyone who can pay $5 can post there... so I don't think the introduction of F2Pers into the RSOF would make it worse. For instance, TIF allow f2pers, but TIF seems to have a bit more class than the RSOF. Not saying that one causes the other... but I think you'll still get the same distribution added, maybe even a little higher quality because they're higher levels.

♪♪ And I'm not done

I support it, the main reason for not letting free players use rsof is because of spam.

If only high level f2p players can use it, it's fine. I think f2p players should have a say as well, not just p2p.

Seriously. I think there should just be a level requirement in general, not just for f2p players, but p2p players as well.

O.O

I totally support high level free players getting forum abilities. High level people will actually bring ideas that could be somewhat useful, not just the people whose only way of "proving" themselves was to get their mom or dad's credit card number... =D>

The rsof is awful,full of idiots,beggars,noobs, and a small amount of people with good humour. and these are the paying members?!

why the hell would you want f2p scum making it worse.

Not all f2p are "scums"..

im sorry not all just 95%

it doesnt realy matter though its bad enough as it is.

notasandwich000457.png

lolwot125740.png

I don't care. I used to use the RSOF forums, but its almost impossiable to use them now. You really cant get a response out of anyone.

Question: Is prayer the best method for fighting aberrant spectres, or has anyone found another way?

A: OMFG d0000000d !!!! I is t32h r0xx0rz i r t3h me spet mang!!

thedayrsdieddp8fv1cq2.png

Disgruntled, Ignorant, Rude, Obnoxious, over-the-top, unreasonable Ex-PKer

Drops: Abby Whips:13/ Black Mask: 38/ Dark Bow:3

So, what's wrong with allowing those with above 1100 Total Experience on the forums? Nothing. As stated earlier, the RSoF is pretty infamous, and that is with members (who happen to have a superiority complex). I look forward to this, since this probably means that if I lose members, I can still post on the forums. :P

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

Before the GE, the RSOF was a very useful tool for selling and buying items, and thus was a large inticement for f2p to become members. But now, as a member I never use it, so I couldn't care less what Jagex does with it. But there isn't any reason for it to be f2p; it's not free to run.

quit

How is letting a select group of F2P'ers post on the RSOF the same as giving them everything?

It isn't - I was poking fun at the idea of "We can't give f2p that - otherwise people won't become p2p."

So, my idea for a minimum total level is 759, Makoto says 1100 - any other ideas?

What about a length of time? Would this be the same as total level? I.E. Must have played runescape a total of 100 hours, or had an active account (at least 5 hours a month) for a year?

♪♪ And I'm not done

The rsof is awful,full of idiots,beggars,noobs, and a small amount of people with good humour. and these are the paying members?!

why the hell would you want f2p scum making it worse.

Not all f2p are "scums"..

im sorry not all just 95%

it doesnt realy matter though its bad enough as it is.

That's still not true. It should be: "95% of the people on the internet are 'scums'"

Not just f2p

josh181830.png

How is letting a select group of F2P'ers post on the RSOF the same as giving them everything?

It isn't - I was poking fun at the idea of "We can't give f2p that - otherwise people won't become p2p."

So, my idea for a minimum total level is 759, Makoto says 1100 - any other ideas?

What about a length of time? Would this be the same as total level? I.E. Must have played runescape a total of 100 hours, or had an active account (at least 5 hours a month) for a year?

I'd say 1000+ total, 90+ combat, all quests done and total hours played, but I don't have a clue for how long. I also believe that there should be a req for P2Pers to post there, not just membership.
The_Maddest.png

Lol ...

Im f2p but I dont care about the RS forum.. tip.it got enough helpfull people :D

Here Here.

Yeah, I'd have to think that I wouldn't care about the RSOF, except when I've got a good suggestion to improve some facet of the game (and posting here might not make it to Jagex).

♪♪ And I'm not done

Jagex should inplement a box when you make an account where you can "x" it.

Stupid - [ ]

Smart - [X]

Smart allows you to go to RSOF, Stupid is not allowed. :roll:

That idea is:

Stupid - [X]

Smart - [ ]