The Contemporary Spellbook

sees_all1

Quote:

Air Ripple ...... 51 ..... 2 Ch, 4 A, ....... F . Hits up to 3, at 3x standard speed.

3x standard speed? Is that the speed of the weapon you're using? I shudder to think of the ownage of using this with darts/knives in your hand. Give it a specific speed. Dart/knife speed is probably what you're looking for.

Quote:

Impair .......... 54 ..... 1 Ch, 2 Bo, 2 A .. F . Decreases opponent's attack by 10%.

Make this spell and the similar ones affecting defense and strength decrease the stats on equipment instead. This makes it different than the standard spellbook's spells. And rather than going up slowly, like stats, have it last x amount of time, then stats become normal again.

Quote:

Disport ......... 60 ..... 1 L, 2 Ch ....... F . Teleports you to a random spot up to 20

..................................................spaces away.

So does this mean that we can now get into the Varrock bank cellar? What about quest areas you can't get to? Make it so that you have to be able to walk there at the moment you cast it, so you can't go through closed doors or other things like that.

Quote:

Air pulse ....... 62 ..... 2 D, 6 A ........ F . Hits up to 17 at standard speed.

Again, standard speed is your weapon's speed, right?

Quote:

Hasten* ......... 70 ..... 2 D, 4 A, 4 W .. F . Time to cast combat spells decreases 10%,

..................................................lasts for 30 casts. Decreases accuracy 30%.

Rather than 10%, make it one notch on the weapon speed scale. This, darts, and your current pulse spells could get speed 10 weapons. :lol:

Quote:

Debase .......... 75 ..... 3 D, 3 Ch, 4 F .. F . Decreases opponent's run energy and agility

..................................................level by up to 50%, may only be used once on

..................................................a player every 5 minutes.

Since agility doesn't affect f2p anymore, I would take out the agility part of that spell. For run energy, will 50% energy go to 25%, or 0%?

Quote:

Freme. Isles Tele 75 ..... 2 L, 1 yakhide ... P . Teleports you to Fremennik Isles. Requires

..................................................Fremennike Isles quest to be done.

Make it either Neitizniot, or Jatizso, because you're having it tele you to 2 places. Neit would be better, as you are in good favor there after Fremennik isles.

Quote:

Disport Opponent 76 ..... 2 L, 2 S, 2 A .. P . Teleports opponent to a random spot up to 30

..................................................spaces away.

Same change as disport.

Quote:

Cement .......... 78 ..... 3 N, 4 W, 5 E .. F . Fixes everyone to the ground in a 5x5 box for

..................................................up to 10 seconds

Does this work on NPCs?

Quote:

Remote Bless .... 85 ..... 6 S, 10 L ....... P . Blesses own gravestone, for an extra 20 min

..................................................of grave survival. Requires 70 prayer. Can only

..................................................be used once per grave.

How many prayer points does it take? Does this disable others from blessing it as well?

Quote:

Rage* ........... 81 ..... 5 Bl, 10 Ch 10 F . P . Pulse spells will not splash for 3 minutes,

..................................................min of 40% of max hit. Decreases own Def by

..................................................10%, Drains 25% of special bar.

Is this a non-member's spell?

read the whole thread idiot :shock:

The game haha you lose

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alright. what level?
Something between 51-60 would be good I guess.

Btw, the home teleport should require level 0 magic.

I'll make it include raw fish.
:thumbup:

yes, that's the idea. Makes powermining / powerfishing / whatever a bit faster.
An awesome spell like that should probably require more runes and a higher magic level.

whats a good substitute slayer item?
Slayer's staff or slayer gloves.

let me think about this one again.
How about the complete opposite: Make the spell drain some of your prayer in exchange for some other boosts.

Unless you craft deaths without Abyss/Tabs. And you can recharge your Iban's Staff there.

Those seem like pretty real reasons to me, unless they're creations of my own imagination.

I worded it wrongly: There's currently no reason to use the spell. Why? Because it requires sulphur.

But yeah, teleport to U. Pass could be the way to make death runes... come back to life.

I just noticed fire pulse can hit up to 86 and at least 52 with awareness comtemporary potion and arcanist robes lol you say it is not over powered :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The game haha you lose

Don't jump to conclusions...

22 is the Maximum Hit of Fire Pulse.

Awareness adds 50% to the hit, meaning it maxes at 33.

Contemporary potion increases it to 39 with a boost of 6.

Arcanist Staff Special Attack makes it possible to boost it up to 78 with the minimum of 19 (or 20) damage. Not 86.

The robes do not offer a damage boost (at least I did not find one).

NOTICE that this is a Special Attack that requires 3/4 of the Special Bar to perform. Ranged and Melee can also perform high hits with Special Attacks.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Don't jump to conclusions...

22 is the Maximum Hit of Fire Pulse.

Awareness adds 50% to the hit, meaning it maxes at 33.

Contemporary potion increases it to 39 with a boost of 6.

Arcanist Staff Special Attack makes it possible to boost it up to 78 with the minimum of 19 (or 20) damage. Not 86.

The robes do not offer a damage boost (at least I did not find one).

NOTICE that this is a Special Attack that requires 3/4 of the Special Bar to perform. Ranged and Melee can also perform high hits with Special Attacks.

You say to not jump to conclusions then you yourself jumped to conclusions.

22 Max fire pulse hit

Potion raises that to 28

Awareness adds 14 to that

Arcanists Staff special attack then hits an 84

We don't know how these stack yet so why jump to conclusions? Like most of the other stuff in this spellbook, it is unclear how or even if these stack!

And since when can meleers hit 84's with under level 90 stats? This spell would allow that.

maulmachine4.png

Corporeal Drops:2xHoly elixers

Bandos Drops: Bcp(soloed) 5x hilts 8x tassets

Armadyl Drops:Armadyl Hilt(trio)

Zamorak Drops: 2xZamorakian spear 3x Steam battlestaff

Still, current max hit is 32 with mismac barrage and for 2 mil more and 1 magic lvl more you can hit more that 50 higher even maxed mellers cant do that out side of castle wars and full bandos with ags super str pot and piety and with that you can only hit a 79 in pvp situations for over 100 mil more wtf is this supposed to be uber or something .

btw its 50-52 minimum damage tell me what spec thats range or melle that guarantees so much damge

The game haha you lose

Hmm, it is a bit OP.

Remember though, for meleers to hit 80ish, they need basically 99 str, at least 75 attack, and at least 65 defense, along with armor that costs millions.

75 attack and 99 str is significantly less than the requirements for mage to hit 84.

O.O

22 Max fire pulse hit

Potion raises that to 28

Fine. They can be stacked in two ways.

And since when can meleers hit 84's with under level 90 stats? This spell would allow that.

Awareness is level-95 and the highest boosting Contemporary potion boosts four levels.

So, since when has 91 been under 90?

Also, Melee'ers can deal two specials in row that together deal >99 Damage. This special can only be used once and deals up to 84 damage.

btw its 50-52 minimum damage tell me what spec thats range or melle that guarantees so much damge

No, it is not. At the maximum hit of 84 (doubled from base hit of 42) the minimum hit is 21.

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Despite all your arguments, Juhniz, I still think its overpowered.

2 hits up to 99 allows you to have a quick break to eat something. Though the dark bow's special attack doesn't.

91 is close enough to 90 IMO. Its not that big of a deal.

Despite all your arguments, Juhniz, I still think its overpowered.

2 hits up to 99 allows you to have a quick break to eat something. Though the dark bow's special attack doesn't.

91 is close enough to 90 IMO. Its not that big of a deal.

Yeah, it might be a bit overpowered. The boosts should be tweaked so the max hit goes down to maybe 50-60?

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

22 Max fire pulse hit

Potion raises that to 28

Fine. They can be stacked in two ways.

My point was that we don't know how they stack. There are more ways they can be stacked.

Awareness is level-95 and the highest boosting Contemporary potion boosts four levels.

So, since when has 91 been under 90?

I overlooked awareness, that's true. Even without it a 56 can be hit. With under 90- magic.

Also, Melee'ers can deal two specials in row that together deal >99 Damage. This special can only be used once and deals up to 84 damage.

No, it is not. At the maximum hit of 84 (doubled from base hit of 42) the minimum hit is 21.

Comments=bold

maulmachine4.png

Its not meant to stack together, just independently.

At 91 magic - potion raises level by 4.

22 - fire blast

22 - special attack

11 - Awareness

6 - potion.

Hits 11-44 + up to 17, 61 max.

Thanks for bringing that up, I'll change the wording to make it more clear (Add it to my todo list :P).

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

22 - fire blast

22 - special attack

11 - Awareness

6 - potion.

Thanks for bringing that up, I'll change the wording to make it more clear (Add it to my todo list :P).

oooh now it makes sense thx sees_all1 one for clarifying that ::'

The game haha you lose

22 - fire blast

22 - special attack

11 - Awareness

6 - potion.

A simple thing would be to write a note saying that all increments to maximum/minimum hits are based on the base stats, and not on the stats after additional potions/other stuff.

22 - fire blast

22 - special attack

11 - Awareness

6 - potion.

A simple thing would be to write a note saying that all increments to maximum/minimum hits are based on the base stats, and not on the stats after additional potions/other stuff.

good idea

The game haha you lose

I think the quest is a little to easy. The minigame parts might add a small challenge and melzar could be hard(as long as you cant use restores, or just sit and wait for everything to restore) but thats it. The rest is just delivering items.

Maybe there could be one last page which was made by an extremely powerful and evil wizard who lives in a tower at level 45 wilderness. You would need to make your way up the 3 story tower fighting through monsters and solving puzzles to arrive at a level 200 troll summoned by the wizard which would attack with melee and mage. Once you kill it the wizard will teleport out and you would find the page in a chest that was in the room.

This would also add the possibility for a sequel, and the troll/tower monsters could be a boss monster of sorts for ftp. Of course this is just my opinion.

BOO

I think the quest is a little to easy. The minigame parts might add a small challenge and melzar could be hard(as long as you cant use restores, or just sit and wait for everything to restore) but thats it. The rest is just delivering items.

Maybe there could be one last page which was made by an extremely powerful and evil wizard who lives in a tower at level 45 wilderness. You would need to make your way up the 3 story tower fighting through monsters and solving puzzles to arrive at a level 200 troll summoned by the wizard which would attack with melee and mage. Once you kill it the wizard will teleport out and you would find the page in a chest that was in the room.

This would also add the possibility for a sequel, and the troll/tower monsters could be a boss monster of sorts for ftp. Of course this is just my opinion.

Are you mad? A level 200 (two hundred!??) monster??? After being weakened by a lot of probably reasonably leveled monsters? Honestly. For p2p this would be ok, but for F2P!!!!!!!!????????? Seriously. You'd have to be close to 100 combat to do this quest effectively. And by that time you'll have 99 mage already, so what's the freaking point.

Nerf the monster to level 80-100, with lower leveled guards in the tower below it. For p2p it could be higher leveled, but I doubt Jagex would do so because of massive flame.

Are you mad? A level 200 (two hundred!??) monster??? After being weakened by a lot of probably reasonably leveled monsters? Honestly. For p2p this would be ok, but for F2P!!!!!!!!????????? Seriously. You'd have to be close to 100 combat to do this quest effectively. And by that time you'll have 99 mage already, so what's the freaking point.

Nerf the monster to level 80-100, with lower leveled guards in the tower below it. For p2p it could be higher leveled, but I doubt Jagex would do so because of massive flame.

Ignore Quelmotz, his comments are ridiculous. I like the idea of a level 200 monster in f2p and the idea of killing him after being previously weakened. Maybe they could make it so that you could kill him every day for a drop of 50 random runes, or maybe 100 random runes. Kind of like a f2p bork.

maulmachine4.png

I'll add it to the list of things to do... I like that idea.

I should be able to get to some of it tomorrow. Yay for the weekend.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Ignore Quelmotz, his comments are ridiculous. I like the idea of a level 200 monster in f2p and the idea of killing him after being previously weakened. Maybe they could make it so that you could kill him every day for a drop of 50 random runes, or maybe 100 random runes. Kind of like a f2p bork.

Oh yeah? You are the one who is ridiculous and makes incoherent and irrelevant comments.

A level 200 monster after being weakened for a mage who is supposed to have 50 or so magic? Seriously. Level 40s killing 100s. So, level 80s killing 200s. And with level 80 combat, you'll already have a very high level in magic. So what's the point now? You finish the quest for an already completed book. Totally stupid and pointless.

P.S. And who do you think you are, going around saying people's comments are ridiculous?

It depends on the exact ability's of the monster, for example, a level 200 monster like a steel dragon even level 20's can probably kill, but a level 200 monster like damis, or some other boss monster would be hard.

If the ability's of the troll were clarified, we would then be able to judge the difficulty.

O.O