The Contemporary Spellbook

sees_all1

Man, I haven't visited this thread in ages. What happened to your thread on the Runescape forums? My thread (F2P Magic: Obvious Imbalance) is still up, but no changes have been made. Sad, eh?

I'm glad this is still up! Good job man :). A long time ago I had a vicious debate with some guy, Deviledegg, about the viability of P2P magic. I remember that thread didn't go anywhere, lol. Maybe I should create another thread like that :D

Anyway, all the best!

Elus Efelier, Magi of the High Circle of Fire

final.gif

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I haven't visited this thread in ages. What happened to your thread on the Runescape forums? My thread (F2P Magic: Obvious Imbalance) is still up, but no changes have been made. Sad, eh?

I'm glad this is still up! Good job man :). A long time ago I had a vicious debate with some guy, Deviledegg, about the viability of P2P magic. I remember that thread didn't go anywhere, lol. Maybe I should create another thread like that :D

Anyway, all the best!

Elus Efelier, Magi of the High Circle of Fire

Was the debate here, or on the RSOF? Deviledegg was known here as compfreak, and has since left (had some long time disagreements with the tip.it admins).

I stopped posting to the RSOF because of how tedious it was... there's about 20-30 posts of material here, and I don't have the time to maintain it.

Glad to see your thread is still around, and thanks for the continued support.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

This is, by far, the most dedicated "sugestion" ever made.

I think your right but, with the actual system mages are crap, and with this system, they would be over powered. Uhm... Yeah!!

However, I think it's really nice, with some small changes like max hits, runes used, cool down time, etc. it could be perfectly implemented.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

and with this system, they would be over powered.

However, I think it's really nice, with some small changes

How ironic.

It's like saying "!$*@(#%(#% this is so unfair" then the next line saying "oh, it's really good".

How ironic.

It's like saying "!$*@(#%(#% this is so unfair" then the next line saying "oh, it's really good".

Wow wow wow, halt there. I'm not being THAT exagerated. And I never said it was unfair! You just cut my post to make it look bad.

I think it's cool, because mages would be more powerful, even more than the classic melee fighter, but maybe just adding to much power to this side of the triangle would unbalance it again.

And if it gets implemented it would never be as raw as it is now, it would obviously have some changes, and that is what I mean. It has to be refinated, that's all I meant.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

How ironic.

Wow wow wow, halt there. I'm not being THAT exagerated. And I never said it was unfair! You just cut my post to make it look bad.

I think it's cool, because mages would be more powerful, even more than the classic melee fighter, but maybe just adding to much power to this side of the triangle would unbalance it again.

And if it gets implemented it would never be as raw as it is now, it would obviously have some changes, and that is what I mean. It has to be refinated, that's all I meant.

Mages wouldn't be overpowering melee fighters at all IMO. Instead of simply making a statement, why not back it up with evidence like overpowering DPS or scenarios showing overpowered combos of spells?

I never attacked the part about it needing changes, did I? You're the one getting heated up.

And by the way, it's "exaggerated" and "refined".

How ironic.

Mages wouldn't be overpowering melee fighters at all IMO. Instead of simply making a statement, why not back it up with evidence like overpowering DPS or scenarios showing overpowered combos of spells?

I never attacked the part about it needing changes, did I? You're the one getting heated up.

And by the way, it's "exaggerated" and "refined".

Excuse my spelling, my native language is not english, is spanish, and I'm still learning and vocabulary is a pain in the butte.

Yes, I guess you're right, but maybe we should just add a new dragon and clean the nests (?).

Whatever was said, I keep my mind right as it was, it needs to be "REFINED" (thanks for the word ;) ), and I support it.

/\ /\ /\

|| || ||

Limit line of the post.

No need to read this.

• 4 weeks later...

I support this because i love the idea of new mage for the f2p

VideoGameSigs4c274971671ba.png

TF2 Quotes

"stabbity stabbity stab" - [tcf] Chaotic Flare

"if life gives you an orange, you must be a mexican" - [tcf] PyrooryP

"will! you! stop! sapping! my! sentry! gun! god! [bleep]it!" - [tcf] g0 di3 sp1e

"he's like a bottle of soda with a skittle at the bottom, it doesn't really do anything it just sits there looking interesting and you can't drink it, so you basically just want to throw it out but you don't" - [tcf] sarrix

• 2 weeks later...

The player I debated was here on the TIF. And yes, his name was Compfreak.

By the way, player jumping has been effectively eliminated by Jagex's updates. When casting or attacking someone in a single combat area, you cannot be attacked by another player.

I just thought I'd mention this if you wanted to tweak that part of your thread. Anyway, good luck :).

final.gif

• 2 months later...

This is by far the best idea I have ever seen on tip.it. Of course it will need a few tweaks here and there but the overall idea is amazing. Put me down for a 110% supporter, I would love to see the "Contemporary Spellbook" in the future. The quest should be the long version I would have to agree, but better to know you worked for it. Keep the idea's coming cause this one blows it out of the park.

Current goal:

dank_mary420.png

This is by far the best idea I have ever seen on tip.it. Of course it will need a few tweaks here and there but the overall idea is amazing. Put me down for a 110% supporter, I would love to see the "Contemporary Spellbook" in the future. The quest should be the long version I would have to agree, but better to know you worked for it. Keep the idea's coming cause this one blows it out of the park.

But heres's the thing. this will never happen. This idea, and many many others will never happen. Wanna know why? Because even p2p wouldn't get something this revolutionary; and do you think Jagex would give f2p anything that p2p has stamped around and fooled with for ages? F2p are just now getting quests, and minor minor updates again. A new spell book? I mean... gf you tried. =\

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Hmmm idk about some of those attack spells, quite overpowering I'd say. However I like the idea of the new teleport locations, those are needed. So with that, I support.

Would be cool to have another spell called 'supernova' or something, level 86 - requiring 2 nature runes and 8 fire runes, would superheat 2 ores at once. idk just a thought anyway

2vuhgcn.png

Piscatoris Teleport

lvl 70, P2P, 100 xp

2 Law, 10 Body, 1 monkfish

Teleports you to Piscatoris, a little east of the bank entrance.

Swan song requirement?

I support, but I think it has a bit too overpowered non combat spells

dumb.png

archsupportei2.png

• 1 month later...

it is on rare ocasion that i come across athread of such quality so in order to attempt to deal with the sudden bout of excietment over this i have smashed a brick with my bare hands...

F*** YAEH FINNALY MAGE CAN BE USEFULL IN F2P IM 59 MAGE AND RIGHT NOW ITS USELESS CUZ IM F2P!!!

new spell telekenetic forge allows you to create an anvil which falls in front of you or on your target damaging anything there and allows you to smith on it

now if only there was a spell to drop an anvil on someone from a great distance

30 pwnage pts to the person who recodnises this reference

Anybody can punch someone it takes guts to slap them

someone once said the f2p combat triamgle was 2% mages 13% rangers and 85% melerss.

I said no its 2% allies 13% anoying gnats and 85% walking dartboards with bronze daggers

mod poppy said:

Siciliae - posting about jumping into bathtubs with electrical equipment is not really cool.

Can you edit it out of any further iterations of your spam, er, I mean message.

archsupportei2.png

tagline1.gif

These spells rock..period, there is no way to say otherwise. Even if f2p mage wasn't sucky these spells would still be awesome to see in game

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." - Confucius

"choosing your path is the true trial", "the most honorable dilemma"

I like the idea but...:

Remote deposit and remote deposit all can be abused for things such as dragon bones.

Remote bless would make dying much less scary or intimidating if you have the right levels for remote bless.

Dump all would make it much easier to powertrain skills such as mining.

Blackout just seems way to overpowered with being able to mess with someone's computer screen so they can't effectively fight/use tactics.

Hope this helps and is taken into consideration

[hide]

unbinding green's kidneys for ltk's heart

do you farm guam like me sir ltk

[/hide]

• 3 months later...
Disport

lvl 60, F2P, 60 xp

1 Law, 2 Chaos

Teleports you to a random spot up to 20 spaces away. Will not teleport through walls, must be to an UNLOCKED location (i.e. will not teleport you behind the secret wall if Dragon Slayer is not complete).

I would say that you will be able to click the space you want to teleport to, if its random it will only confuse yourself :P

Plus if a monster is attacking you it should release you for 5 seconds or untill after you attack it, I mean right now the monster would just turn around and attack you. 5 secs immune or until you have cast another spell on it.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

Disport

lvl 60, F2P, 60 xp

1 Law, 2 Chaos

Teleports you to a random spot up to 20 spaces away. Will not teleport through walls, must be to an UNLOCKED location (i.e. will not teleport you behind the secret wall if Dragon Slayer is not complete).

I would say that you will be able to click the space you want to teleport to, if its random it will only confuse yourself :P

Reminds me of that spell from HOMM3, I think it was called Dimension Door. Very neat spell, and could see some practical use. Like teleporting over a fence, or across a river?

Staurolite.png