The Contemporary Spellbook

sees_all1

I support this, however I'd say the mage spells look slightly over powered now, just a tad.

But to be honest, I find it stupid that you can't use a lumby ring from 50-54 mage after the quest because you don't have the level to cast "Impairment" -.-

22031_s.gif

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I support this, however I'd say the mage spells look slightly over powered now, just a tad.

But to be honest, I find it stupid that you can't use a lumby ring from 50-54 mage after the quest because you don't have the level to cast "Impairment" -.-

Quest rewards:

2 Quest Points

10,000 magic xp

Contemporary Spellbook Unlocked

Access to the Wise Old Man's Store

500 death runes

Mage's Potion

Other items:

Air, Mind, Water, Earth, Fire, Body, Chaos, Cosmic, Death, Blood, Astral, Soul runes (for GE Max)

Mage's Potion(F2P)- Increases your magic level by 4, for 3 minutes (4 doses, 2k per dose).

That's actually one of the things you get in the rewards, a potion that will increase your magic level by +4... if you lose this, you can always buy another potion.

Besides, doing this quest at magic level 50 would be pretty pointless anyway, only 2 spells are available to you ;)

thanks for the support anyway.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

The F2P spell book does need to be balanced, but this is still not the answer.

The entire point of this spellbook is to put magic ABOVE other classes, not equal to.

Suggest F2P counter-points for melee and range and I'll support.

wow.jpg

Glad to know my homies are looking out for me.

The F2P spell book does need to be balanced, but this is still not the answer.

The entire point of this spellbook is to put magic ABOVE other classes, not equal to.

Suggest F2P counter-points for melee and range and I'll support.

Then show that it IS overpowering mage.

Home Teleport ... 50 ..... none ............. F . Teleports you to Draynor.

Nothing wrong with this.

Rimmington Tele . 50 ..... 1 L, 3 A, 2 W .. F . Teleports you to Rimmington.

Nothing wrong with this either.

Air Ripple ...... 51 ..... 2 Ch, 4 A, ....... F . Hits up to 3, at 3x standard speed.

Why make a useless spell?

Thicken Skin .... 52 ..... 2 N, 2 M ........ F . Boosts or heals HP by 8 (does not stack),

..................................................minimum 10 minutes between casts.

I'll get to this at the highest level spell.

Primitive Shield 53 ..... 2 L, 2 Co, 2 E .. F . Cuts damage taken by 30% for 5 seconds.
Gee, no time limit? How overpowered.

Impair .......... 54 ..... 1 Ch, 2 Bo, 2 A .. F . Decreases opponent's attack by 10%.

I suppose this is okay.

Remote Deposite . 55 ..... 1 L, 10 A ....... F . Deposit coins, bones, food or potions,

..................................................up to 5 slots, cannot use while under attack.

I can imagine people just bringing stacks of Laws and an Air staff to bank everything at Graardor.

Push ............ 57 ..... 4 Bo, 4 A, 4 E .. F . Forces one opponent back up to 4 squares.

No time limit? What's going to prevent you from just pushing him back over and over again? What's the point if you do that? You will get Pjed if you are in Pking situations. :roll:

Wilt ............ 58 ..... 1 Ch, 2 Bo, 2 W .. F . Decreases opponent's defense by 10%.

Nothing wrong.

Keldagrim Tele .. 59 ..... 2 L, 1 iron bar... P . Teleports you to Keldagrim. Requires the

..................................................quest The Giant Dwarf.

If there's a teleport to their dwarven city then what's the point of hiding that city in the first place? (STORY LINE =/= GAME)

Disport ......... 60 ..... 1 L, 2 Ch ....... F . Teleports you to a random spot up to 20

..................................................spaces away.

Same as above...no time limit?

Water Ripple .... 61 ..... 2 Ch, 6 A, 6 W .. F . Hits up to 4, at 3x the standard speed.

Useless, the less damage per hit means you have more chance to hit a 0. NOT MISS, HIT A 0.

Air pulse ....... 62 ..... 2 D, 6 A ........ F . Hits up to 17 at standard speed.
So a Wind wave with more rune uses...? Why make deaths even more expensive and bloods less? This spellbook is for P2P too you know.

Blaze ........... 63 ..... 2 Co, 10 F ....... F . Sets up to 9 logs on fire at once, 1/2 xp for

..................................................all, requires firemaking requirements for log.

..................................................Can only be cast in 2x2 areas where fires are

..................................................allowed.

The point is? Extremely useless.

Rattle .......... 64 ..... 1 Ch, 2 Bo, 2 F .. F . Decreases opponent's strength by 10%.
K good.

Monastary Tele .. 65 ..... 1 L, 3 A, 2 E .. F . Teleports you to altar in the Monastery.

..................................................Requires 31 prayer.

What's the point? There's already a jewellery teleport there, and Edgeville teleport from houses/Glory to like 1 minute near there anyway.

Dump Load ....... 66 ..... 1 Co ............. F . Drops everything of a certain type (i.e. ore).
OP. Unless it drops 1 by 1.

Water Pulse ..... 67 ..... 2 D, 7 A, 8 W .. F . Hits up to 18 at standard speed.

Read Air Pulse.

Super Fuse ...... 68 ..... 2 N, 2 Co, 10 F . P . Smelts with 1/2 the coal, or creates 2 iron

..................................................bars from 1 ore. Requires normal smithing lvl.

..................................................Like smelt, does not require a furnace.

Yeah I'd imagine all the prices of bars would decrease. They are stable now because not many people use blast furnace for 1/2 coal...

Sheath .......... 69 ..... 2 N, 2 Ch, 2 M .. P . Boosts or heals HP by 12 (does not stack),

..................................................requires 10 minutes between casts.

Oh imagine the infinite stay at Graardor.

Hasten* ......... 70 ..... 2 D, 4 A, 4 W .. F . Time to cast combat spells decreases 10%,

..................................................lasts for 30 casts. Decreases accuracy 30%.

The point is? 10% of speed of 6 is...0.6 which is not even 1 bar decrease.

Piscatoris Tele . 70 ..... 2 L, 1 monkfish .. P . Teleports you to Piscatoris.

No. Make the fairy rings more useless don't you?

Slay ............ 71 ..... 1 Bl, 10 A, 10 F . P . Hits slayer monsters hard, with high accuracy,

..................................................(up to 25). Requires black mask.

I suppose this isn't bad.

Earth Ripple .... 71 ..... 2 Ch, 8 A, 10 E . F . Hits up to 5, at 3x the standard speed.
Useless...

Architect ....... 72 ..... 4 S, 4 As ....... P . Doubles experience of next 10 construction

..................................................builds. Can only be cast once per 20 minutes.

It's okay.

Earth Pulse ..... 73 ..... 2 D, 8 A, 10 E . F . Hits up to 20 at standard speed.

Air pulse...

Al Kharid Tele .. 74 ..... 1 L, 3 A, 2 F .. F . Teleports you to Al Kharid.

Gilder...Glory...Duelling Ring.

Shove ........... 74 ..... 1 Ch, 4 Bo, 4 E .. F . Forces any player back up to 8 squares.
See the weaker version of this spell...

Debase .......... 75 ..... 3 D, 3 Ch, 4 F .. F . Decreases opponent's run energy and agility

..................................................level by up to 50%, may only be used once on

..................................................a player every 5 minutes.

Oh no, he removed my run energy! I SO need it. Not. Run energy is not useful except in Clan Wars or deep in wilderness, but you'd using Ancients then no?

Freme. Isles Tele 75 ..... 2 L, 1 yakhide ... P . Teleports you to Fremennik Isles. Requires

..................................................Fremennike Isles quest to be done.

No. Fremenniks don't like magic.

Disport Opponent 76 ..... 2 L, 2 S, 2 A .. P . Teleports opponent to a random spot up to 30

..................................................spaces away.

Again...no limit.

Beckon .......... 77 ..... 2 S, 4 Ch ....... P . Makes all monsters aggressive for 10 minutes.
SAY HI TO AFK TRAINING.

Cement .......... 78 ..... 3 N, 4 W, 5 E .. F . Fixes everyone to the ground in a 5x5 box for

..................................................up to 10 seconds

5x5? OP much?

Sharpen Axe ..... 79 ..... 4 Co, 10 F ....... P . Increases woodcutting speed by 20% for 10 min.

..................................................Only works on normal axes, not on Evil Tree.

..................................................Can only be used once every 30 minutes

Doesn't seem very useful...

Fire Pulse ...... 80 ..... 2 D, 10 A, 15 F . F . Hits up to 22 at the standard speed.
Air pulse...

U. Pass Tele .... 80 ....2 L, piece of sulfur P . Teleports you to the Underground Pass.
No.

Rage* ........... 81 ..... 5 Bl, 10 Ch 10 F . P . Pulse spells will not splash for 3 minutes,

..................................................min of 40% of max hit. Decreases own Def by

..................................................10%, Drains 25% of special bar.

You know how OP is that?

Fire Ripple ..... 81 ..... 2 Ch, 10 A, 14 F . F . Hits up to 6 at 3x the standard speed.
Useless...

Stun Fish ....... 82 ..... 4 S, 3 Co, 5 W .. P . Increases fishing speed by 20%, lasts 10 min.

..................................................Can only be used once every 30 minutes.

Decent.

Master Chef ..... 83 ..... 5 S, 10 F, 4 M .. P . Decreases burn ratio by 20% for 10 minutes.

..................................................Can only be used once every 30 minutes.

Useless...anyone that's smart would train cooking using things they don't burn.

Super Sheath .... 84 ..... 3 N, 4 S, 20 M . P . Boosts or heals HP by 16 (does not stack),

..................................................requires 10 minutes before casting again.

Super Shield .... 84 ..... 5 L, 4 Bl, 20 E . P . Cuts damage taken by 50% for 15 seconds.
SPAM CLICK SUPER SHIELD->HALF INVINCIBLE?

Remote Bless .... 85 ..... 6 S, 10 L ....... P . Blesses own gravestone, for an extra 20 min

..................................................of grave survival. Requires 70 prayer. Can only

..................................................be used once per grave.

If you aren't allowed to bless yourself in person then I'd say no to Magic, however it is a good spell.

Karamja Tele .... 85 ..... 1 L, 1 banana&wine F . Teleports you to Karamja. Glory. -_-

Tempest* ........ 86 ..... 5 S, 5 Bl, 10 W . P . Time to cast all spells decreases by 25%,

..................................................lasts for 30 casts. Decreases accuracy by 30%.

I suppose this is okay.

Apparate ........ 87 ..... 4 L, 4 S ........ P . Allows you to chose an unlocked place on the map

..................................................to teleport to, 30% chance of failure. Minimum

..................................................of 30 minutes between casts (including failed).

Kay, imagine the OPness when you are doing quests. 50% failure's more like it.

Praise .......... 88 ..... 5 L, 10 A, 10 E . F . Recharges prayer by 25% or up to 15, whichever

..................................................is lower.

INFINITE STAY AT BANDOS AND SARADOMIN, HOLY SH**.

Sophanem Tele 90 2 L, 4 A, 2 buckets of sand P . Teleports you to Sophanem.
Pharaoh's Sceptre.

Blackout ........ 91 ..... 4 S, 4 D, 10 E . P . Causes opponent's screen to dim for 10 seconds

..................................................making it extremely difficult to see.

Still no time limit?

Hurricane* ...... 92 ..... 20 B, 100 A 100 W P . Decreases time to cast spells by 40%. Lasts for

..................................................20 casts. Decreases max hit by 20%. Uses 1/4

..................................................special bar.

This one is quite OP however, 25% is fine, but 40 is too much.

Bond ............ 93 ..... 6 N, 10 W, 15 E . P . Fixes everything to the ground in a 7x7 box for

..................................................up to 15 seconds.

Imagine the griefers in pvp casting this forever...

Remote Deposite All 94 ... 3 L, 20 A ....... P . Deposit up to 20 items with one cast. May use

..................................................with bones, coins, runes, food or potions.

..................................................Cannot use in combat, may use with BoB.

Hey now I can bank everything at GWD!

Awareness ....... 95 ..... 10 D, 500 M ...... F . Increases max hits of pulse spells by 50% for

..................................................5 minutes, lowers defense by 30%. Lowers

..................................................accuracy y 25%.

OP...25% accuracy isn't much from the spells you are describing.

Flak Blast ...... 96 ..... 10 B, 200A 300E .. P . Knocks everything back up to 9 spaces, and up

..................................................to 20 damage.

Uh, 200 Air and 300 Earth? Whose going to use it?

Sheath Other .... 97 ..... 4 N, 4 S ........ P . Boosts or Heals another's HP by 16 (can not stack)
Hello, "Cast Sheath other -> Bandos tank : Infinite times"

Super Apperate .. 99 ..... 8 L, 8 S ........ P . Same apparate, no chance of failure. Minimum

..................................................time between casts: 30 minutes.

It'd be OP in quests...make it so you cannot teleport to quest areas.

I have one BIG problem with this spellbook, besides the making stays at bosses infinitely long. All the teleports in this book devalues a lot of jewelery teleports, and fairy rings...

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Misc: Abyssal Whip x28 , Dark Bow x5, Beserker Ring x3, Warrior ring x1

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Did you have to quote every single spell like that? Especially when some of your comments are "See this spell" - couldn't you realize that there's "families" of spells?

Anywho, I don't believe you understand the intent behind some of the spells. I wouldn't imagine that you've read all 12 pages of this, although the fact that you've read every single spell means that you've probably read more than most people who've posted here.

So, on to some of the comments that I think you're misinformed.

@Ripple spells - "Why make a useless spell?"

These aren't useless, they're meant as a way to give good, fast experience, along with a way to stack with pulse spells to provide a little bit of KO ability for F2P.

@Pulse spells - "So a Wind wave with more rune uses...? Why make deaths even more expensive and bloods less? This spellbook is for P2P too you know."

I believe that giving wave spells to F2P would almost fix it, but the problem is that you'd have to make blood runes F2P also. The combat aspects are primarily F2P only, because P2P already has a combat only spellbook. However, there are certain spells in here that make this spellbook a viable option for P2P combat, however I believe that Ancients will still be cheaper, and have better built in effects.

@Deposit spells - "I can imagine people just bringing stacks of Laws and an Air staff to bank everything at Graardor."

This is only for certain items, "coins, bones, food or potions" or "bones, coins, runes, food or potions" - not other drops like armour and weapons, charms, weeds, gems, etc.

@Push type spells - "No time limit? What's going to prevent you from just pushing him back over and over again? What's the point if you do that? You will get Pjed if you are in Pking situations"

You can push people as many times as you want, but it won't do you any good. Push however specifically STOPS people from PJing - if you're farcasting, and someone is coming towards you to pj, cast push and you buy yourself another cast, a little more time.

@Disport type spells - "Same as above...no time limit?"

Exactly - you can keep casting this as much as you want, but it's not going to help you PK anyone. This also helps stop PJing.

@Teleport spells - "All the teleports in this book devalues a lot of jewelery teleports, and fairy rings..."

I'm not familiar with any of that. All the P2P spots were suggested by other people. If you would match up the exact item with the teleport that you think would replace it, tell me and I'll look into it further.

@Apparate - "It'd be OP in quests...make it so you cannot teleport to quest areas."

See the little bit about "to chose an unlocked place on the map to teleport to" - its already done.

@Sheath/hp boosters - "Hello, 'Cast Sheath other -> Bandos tank : Infinite times'" , "Oh imagine the infinite stay at Graardor. "

If I'm not mistaken, one of the godswords heals hp too, so having this is no big deal. The "can not stack" part is what keeps people from using this on each other every 2 minutes - figure that instead of "healing" someone with normal hp, that hp is blue, or purple, or something, and is at the very left of the bar (used last). Then, while there still is that bit left, you can't cast it again, until it turns green.

@Beckon - "SAY HI TO AFK TRAINING."

The difference here is that I can AFK for 10 minutes at a time already, then when the times up, leave and come back, versus just casting a spell. There's a difference between AFK, which is illegal, and multitasking, which is perfectly legit, this helps the multi taskers.

See the other discussions on the other spells, if you feel like I've missed anything, post.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Did you have to quote every single spell like that? Especially when some of your comments are "See this spell" - couldn't you realize that there's "families" of spells?

Anywho, I don't believe you understand the intent behind some of the spells. I wouldn't imagine that you've read all 12 pages of this, and the fact that you've read every single spell means that you've probably read more than most people who've posted here.

These aren't useless, they're meant as a way to give good, fast experience, along with a way to stack with pulse spells to provide a little bit of KO ability for F2P.

Unless they give huge amounts of base xp, they won't be very good, since the lower your max hit is, the more likely you will hit a 0.

@Pulse spells - "So a Wind wave with more rune uses...? Why make deaths even more expensive and bloods less? This spellbook is for P2P too you know."

I believe that giving wave spells to F2P would almost fix it, but the problem is that you'd have to make blood runes F2P also. The combat aspects are primarily F2P only, because P2P already has a combat only spellbook. However, there are certain spells in here that make this spellbook a viable option for P2P combat, however I believe that Ancients will still be cheaper, and have better built in effects. Ancients is never cheaper, most spells costs at least 1k in runes.

@Deposit spells - "I can imagine people just bringing stacks of Laws and an Air staff to bank everything at Graardor."

This is only for certain items, "coins, bones, food or potions" or "bones, coins, runes, food or potions" - not other drops like armour and weapons, charms, weeds, gems, etc.

Well now you can farm Ourg bones. :/

@Push type spells - "No time limit? What's going to prevent you from just pushing him back over and over again? What's the point if you do that? You will get Pjed if you are in Pking situations"

You can push people as many times as you want, but it won't do you any good. Push however specifically STOPS people from PJing - if you're farcasting, and someone is coming towards you to pj, cast push and you buy yourself another cast, a little more time. Yes but it allows infinite griefing as well.

Exactly - you can keep casting this as much as you want, but it's not going to help you PK anyone. This also helps stop PJing.

Also still allows griefing.

@Teleport spells - "All the teleports in this book devalues a lot of jewelery teleports, and fairy rings..."

I'm not familiar with any of that. All the P2P spots were suggested by other people. If you would match up the exact item with the teleport that you think would replace it, tell me and I'll look into it further.

Home tele->Glory

Rimmington->Skills

Keldagrim->Mine cart/Fairy Rings

Monastery->Combat bracelet

Piscatoris->Fairy ring

Al Kharid->Duelling Ring, Glory, Glider.

Fremennik->Harp

@Apparate - "It'd be OP in quests...make it so you cannot teleport to quest areas."

See the little bit about "to chose an unlocked place on the map to teleport to" - its already done.

@Sheath/hp boosters - "Hello, 'Cast Sheath other -> Bandos tank : Infinite times'" , "Oh imagine the infinite stay at Graardor. "

If I'm not mistaken, one of the godswords heals hp too, so having this is no big deal. The "can not stack" part is what keeps people from using this on each other every 2 minutes - figure that instead of "healing" someone with normal hp, that hp is blue, or purple, or something, and is at the very left of the bar (used last). Then, while there still is that bit left, you can't cast it again, until it turns green. Yes however, the healing bar is easy to get rid of, since the tank always get damaged.

The difference here is that I can AFK for 10 minutes at a time already, then when the times up, leave and come back, versus just casting a spell. There's a difference between AFK, which is illegal, and multitasking, which is perfectly legit, this helps the multi taskers.

The difference is now people can just carry a stack of runes, click 1 button and forget, repeat as much as desired, instead of switching screens, run around til aggression starts again.

See the other discussions on the other spells, if you feel like I've missed anything, post.

Quelmotz kindly stop trolling every thread you post in.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Dragon: Dragon Platelegs x2 , Dragon Plateskirt x2, Dragon Boots x38, Dragon Med Helm x4, Shield left half x3

Godwars: Godsword shard x13, Bandos Hilt x3, Bandos Chestplate x6, Bandos Tassets x4, Bandos Boots x5, Saradomin Sword x1, Zamorakian Spear x1,. Armadyl Helm x2, Armadyl chestplate x2.

Oh by the way nice strawman.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

[hide=Counter-arguments.]

Air Ripple ...... 51 ..... 2 Ch, 4 A, ....... F . Hits up to 3, at 3x standard speed.

Ripple spells would be an interesting addition. A bit more fun to Magic. Every new thing added to the game doesn't have to be better than the earlier content.

Primitive Shield 53 ..... 2 L, 2 Co, 2 E .. F . Cuts damage taken by 30% for 5 seconds.

Approximately 700gp for 5 minutes of damage removal. Approximately 8400gp per minute. It wastes (I think?) an attack turn when cast.

Remote Deposite . 55 ..... 1 L, 10 A ....... F . Deposit coins, bones, food or potions,

..................................................up to 5 slots, cannot use while under attack.

I can imagine people just bringing stacks of Laws and an Air staff to bank everything at Graardor.

And the problem with that is..? You can stay a wee bit longer because you don't have to hold all those bones?

Push ............ 57 ..... 4 Bo, 4 A, 4 E .. F . Forces one opponent back up to 4 squares.

No time limit? What's going to prevent you from just pushing him back over and over again? What's the point if you do that? You will get Pjed if you are in Pking situations. :roll:

I think the point of this spell is that you can push the PJers away.

Keldagrim Tele .. 59 ..... 2 L, 1 iron bar... P . Teleports you to Keldagrim. Requires the

If there's a teleport to their dwarven city then what's the point of hiding that city in the first place? (STORY LINE =/= GAME)

If they'd want it to be hidden still, why are they so kind to the human rambling around their "hidden" city?

Air pulse ....... 62 ..... 2 D, 6 A ........ F . Hits up to 17 at standard speed.
So a Wind wave with more rune uses...? Why make deaths even more expensive and bloods less? This spellbook is for P2P too you know.

But the combat spells are mainly aimed towards F2Pers. Most of the spellbook is, actually. P2P already has a large collection of combat spells.

Blaze ........... 63 ..... 2 Co, 10 F ....... F . Sets up to 9 logs on fire at once, 1/2 xp for

..................................................all, requires firemaking requirements for log.

..................................................Can only be cast in 2x2 areas where fires are

More interesting to train Firemaking this way.

Monastary Tele .. 65 ..... 1 L, 3 A, 2 E .. F . Teleports you to altar in the Monastery.

What's the point? There's already a jewellery teleport there, and Edgeville teleport from houses/Glory to like 1 minute near there anyway.

Not for F2P.

Dump Load ....... 66 ..... 1 Co ............. F . Drops everything of a certain type (i.e. ore).

People who use mousekeys can already empty their inventories in a few blinks of eyes. This will remove the need of that. Also remember that the spell animation takes some time to be completed.

Super Fuse ...... 68 ..... 2 N, 2 Co, 10 F . P . Smelts with 1/2 the coal, or creates 2 iron

..................................................bars from 1 ore. Requires normal smithing lvl.

..................................................Like smelt, does not require a furnace.

Yeah I'd imagine all the prices of bars would decrease. They are stable now because not many people use blast furnace for 1/2 coal...

One bar would cost about 500gp to smelt if using a Fire Staff. Not really an efficient method of creating bars.

Not everyone has access to Fairy Rings, and I bet people use them for a lot more than just going to Piscatoris.

F2P.

Debase .......... 75 ..... 3 D, 3 Ch, 4 F .. F . Decreases opponent's run energy and agility

..................................................level by up to 50%, may only be used once on

Oh no, he removed my run energy! I SO need it. Not. Run energy is not useful except in Clan Wars or deep in wilderness, but you'd using Ancients then no?

You are fighting in about level-10 or 20 wildy, your opponent is in full Melee armour. If you manage to snatch 50% out of his Running energy, it can have lethal results.

Freme. Isles Tele 75 ..... 2 L, 1 yakhide ... P . Teleports you to Fremennik Isles. Requires

..................................................Fremennike Isles quest to be done.

No. Fremenniks don't like magic. They agree Magic but they don't agree Runecrafting.

Beckon .......... 77 ..... 2 S, 4 Ch ....... P . Makes all monsters aggressive for 10 minutes.
SAY HI TO AFK TRAINING. It only cuts out the quick trip out of the Aggro area you usually have to do.

Sharpen Axe ..... 79 ..... 4 Co, 10 F ....... P . Increases woodcutting speed by 20% for 10 min.

..................................................Only works on normal axes, not on Evil Tree.

..................................................Can only be used once every 30 minutes

Doesn't seem very useful... Yup, faster training is by no means useful.

U. Pass Tele .... 80 ....2 L, piece of sulfur P . Teleports you to the Underground Pass.
No. How come? It doesn't specify where in the Underground Pass it teleports you.. it might as well teleport you at the start. Or at the well where you recharge the Staff Of Iban.

Master Chef ..... 83 ..... 5 S, 10 F, 4 M .. P . Decreases burn ratio by 20% for 10 minutes.

Useless...anyone that's smart would train cooking using things they don't burn. Good for people who DIY their food.

Super Shield .... 84 ..... 5 L, 4 Bl, 20 E . P . Cuts damage taken by 50% for 15 seconds.
SPAM CLICK SUPER SHIELD->HALF INVINCIBLE? About.. 2.5k / cast? 10k/minute. Wastes an attack turn when cast (I think?)

Remote Bless .... 85 ..... 6 S, 10 L ....... P . Blesses own gravestone, for an extra 20 min

..................................................of grave survival. Requires 70 prayer. Can only

If you aren't allowed to bless yourself in person then I'd say no to Magic, however it is a good spell.

Karamja Tele .... 85 ..... 1 L, 1 banana&wine F . Teleports you to Karamja. Glory. -_- GLORY FOR F2P? *gasp*

Apparate ........ 87 ..... 4 L, 4 S ........ P . Allows you to chose an unlocked place on the map

..................................................to teleport to, 30% chance of failure. Minimum

..................................................of 30 minutes between casts (including failed).

Kay, imagine the OPness when you are doing quests. 50% failure's more like it. Explain? You can't enter Quest Areas unless you have visited them once before.

Pharaoh's Sceptre. Not everyone has a Pharaoh's Sceptre. And I think not everyone wants to buy an item that costs a few hundred gold pieces just for this teleport. Also, the level is relatively high.

Remote Deposite All 94 ... 3 L, 20 A ....... P . Deposit up to 20 items with one cast. May use

..................................................with bones, coins, runes, food or potions.

..................................................Cannot use in combat, may use with BoB.

Hey now I can bank everything at GWD! Only on bones, coins, runes, food, potions. Not everything.

Flak Blast ...... 96 ..... 10 B, 200A 300E .. P . Knocks everything back up to 9 spaces, and up

Uh, 200 Air and 300 Earth? Whose going to use it? Ultimate Anti-PJ. You can always use an elemental staff to cut out the other Elemental Rune pile.

Super Apperate .. 99 ..... 8 L, 8 S ........ P . Same apparate, no chance of failure. Minimum

..................................................time between casts: 30 minutes.

It'd be OP in quests...make it so you cannot teleport to quest areas. You can only teleport to areas you have visited.

I have one BIG problem with this spellbook, besides the making stays at bosses infinitely long. All the teleports in this book devalues a lot of jewelery teleports, and fairy rings... F2P does not have those things. Fairy rings can still be used for free transportation. So can Jewellery.

[/hide]

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I think 12 pages is beyond the reasonable limit of posts someone should HAVE to read. If it were 2-3 pages, that's acceptable. But you can't tell someone to read 12 pages...beyond the reasonable limit, once again.

However, I would have to say, Sadukar, that you are wrong in saying many of these spells are useless/overpowered. They have great potential. While I don't think they are 100% necessary for f2p mage, it would give them a great boost and really give them power again. Juhniz responded nicely.

[hide=Counter-arguments.]

Ripple spells would be an interesting addition. A bit more fun to Magic. Every new thing added to the game doesn't have to be better than the earlier content.

They would miss too much, since you'd have a high chance to hit 0 for every hit.

Approximately 700gp for 5 minutes of damage removal. Approximately 8400gp per minute. It wastes (I think?) an attack turn when cast.

It doesn't say it uses an attack turn, and you can just cast it once every attack turn.

And the problem with that is..? You can stay a wee bit longer because you don't have to hold all those bones?

No, it devalues Dragon bones, as farming Graardor for bones would be easier (Requires Pack yak+high level team right now.) and screws up Green dragons.

I think the point of this spell is that you can push the PJers away.

I'm more concerned with the ability to be able to grief.

If they'd want it to be hidden still, why are they so kind to the human rambling around their "hidden" city?

Some don't, and they let you stay because you righted your wrongs.

But the combat spells are mainly aimed towards F2Pers. Most of the spellbook is, actually. P2P already has a large collection of combat spells.

More interesting to train Firemaking this way.

Perhaps, but people can just spam it and it would lag a lot.

Not for F2P.

Why would they need it anyway?

People who use mousekeys can already empty their inventories in a few blinks of eyes. This will remove the need of that. Also remember that the spell animation takes some time to be completed.

It still however takes reasonable effort with mousekeys.

One bar would cost about 500gp to smelt if using a Fire Staff. Not really an efficient method of creating bars.

For rune it would.

Not everyone has access to Fairy Rings, and I bet people use them for a lot more than just going to Piscatoris.

If you meant Summoning, there's already Kyatt.

F2P.

You don't need a teleport for everywhere. It's 45 second walk from Lumbridge.

You are fighting in about level-10 or 20 wildy, your opponent is in full Melee armour. If you manage to snatch 50% out of his Running energy, it can have lethal results.

Since this spell book has no Teleblock->Teleport.

No. Fremenniks don't like magic. They agree Magic but they don't agree Runecrafting.

And most of the Law runes comes from runecrafting?

SAY HI TO AFK TRAINING. It only cuts out the quick trip out of the Aggro area you usually have to do.

It takes effort to run in and out. It doesn't with this.

Doesn't seem very useful... Yup, faster training is by no means useful.

No. How come? It doesn't specify where in the Underground Pass it teleports you.. it might as well teleport you at the start. Or at the well where you recharge the Staff Of Iban.

It's an extremely dangerous quest area, and you should walk your way through. Teleporting defeats the purpose. After the quest you can go back through Death altar if you wish.

Useless...anyone that's smart would train cooking using things they don't burn. Good for people who DIY their food.

DIY is a waste of time. It's not even fun...

SPAM CLICK SUPER SHIELD->HALF INVINCIBLE? About.. 2.5k / cast? 10k/minute. Wastes an attack turn when cast (I think?)

Read shield.

Karamja Tele .... 85 ..... 1 L, 1 banana&wine F . Teleports you to Karamja. Glory. -_- GLORY FOR F2P? *gasp*

Teleport for everywhere? *Gasp*

Kay, imagine the OPness when you are doing quests. 50% failure's more like it. Explain? You can't enter Quest Areas unless you have visited them once before.

It'd allow areas that previously were hard to get to before teleports, ie Ardougne easy to get to.

Pharaoh's Sceptre. Not everyone has a Pharaoh's Sceptre. And I think not everyone wants to buy an item that costs a few hundred gold pieces just for this teleport. Also, the level is relatively high.

Then it devalues the Sceptre, making it effectively useless?

Hey now I can bank everything at GWD! Only on bones, coins, runes, food, potions. Not everything.

See remote deposit.

Uh, 200 Air and 300 Earth? Whose going to use it? Ultimate Anti-PJ. You can always use an elemental staff to cut out the other Elemental Rune pile.

3200gp from the Air runes alone? No thanks.

It'd be OP in quests...make it so you cannot teleport to quest areas. You can only teleport to areas you have visited.

Wouldn't matter as much as regular apparate, since most people have all quest done at 99 Mage...More of a problem with regular one.

I have one BIG problem with this spellbook, besides the making stays at bosses infinitely long. All the teleports in this book devalues a lot of jewelery teleports, and fairy rings... F2P does not have those things. Fairy rings can still be used for free transportation. So can Jewellery.

[/hide]

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

Anywho, I don't believe you understand the intent behind some of the spells. I wouldn't imagine that you've read all 12 pages of this, and the fact that you've read every single spell means that you've probably read more than most people who've posted here.

Unless they give huge amounts of base xp, they won't be very good, since the lower your max hit is, the more likely you will hit a 0.

I believe that giving wave spells to F2P would almost fix it, but the problem is that you'd have to make blood runes F2P also. The combat aspects are primarily F2P only, because P2P already has a combat only spellbook. However, there are certain spells in here that make this spellbook a viable option for P2P combat, however I believe that Ancients will still be cheaper, and have better built in effects. Ancients is never cheaper, most spells costs at least 1k in runes.

Well now you can farm Ourg bones. :/

You can push people as many times as you want, but it won't do you any good. Push however specifically STOPS people from PJing - if you're farcasting, and someone is coming towards you to pj, cast push and you buy yourself another cast, a little more time. Yes but it allows infinite griefing as well.

Also still allows griefing.

Home tele->Glory

Rimmington->Skills

Keldagrim->Mine cart/Fairy Rings

Monastery->Combat bracelet

Piscatoris->Fairy ring

Al Kharid->Duelling Ring, Glory, Glider.

Fremennik->Harp

If I'm not mistaken, one of the godswords heals hp too, so having this is no big deal. The "can not stack" part is what keeps people from using this on each other every 2 minutes - figure that instead of "healing" someone with normal hp, that hp is blue, or purple, or something, and is at the very left of the bar (used last). Then, while there still is that bit left, you can't cast it again, until it turns green. Yes however, the healing bar is easy to get rid of, since the tank always get damaged.

The difference is now people can just carry a stack of runes, click 1 button and forget, repeat as much as desired, instead of switching screens, run around til aggression starts again.

Quelmotz kindly stop trolling every thread you post in.

Trolling? I don't troll every thread I post in. For god's sake get your freaking facts straight before accusing people. You are the ...... who keeps coming to whatever thread you can see my name in to say "oh, so all your posts were constructive :roll: " or something along the lines of that. Did I do anything to offend you? No. Did I stoop down to your level to follow you around and annoy you? Did I find a fault of yours to dwell on it? Do I use it to humiliate you? Do I sneer at you for a mistake of yours? No, no, no, no. I only responded in retaliation, which is fully understandable especially when you started coming to harass people. Don't say I am flaming or annoying you with this post. I am not. I'm just defending myself. So stop irritating me by always having to flame me in every thread I post in. Really hypocritical behavior. This is off topic, yeah, but who cares. I'm sick of you and your undesirable character traits. The end.

Trolling? I don't troll every thread I post in. Of course you do. For god's sake get your freaking facts straight before accusing people. Of course I did. You are the ...... who keeps coming to whatever thread you can see my name in to say "oh, so all your posts were constructive :roll: " or something along the lines of that. Did I do anything to offend you? You did to just about anyone sane because of the "WHIP IS OVERPOWERED." No. Did I stoop down to your level to follow you around and annoy you? Did I find a fault of yours to dwell on it? Hey look what you are doing now. Hypocrite. Do I use it to humiliate you? Do I sneer at you for a mistake of yours? No, no, no, no. I only responded in retaliation, which is fully understandable especially when you started coming to harass people. Nope, you flamed compfreak when he PROVED you wrong. Don't say I am flaming or annoying you with this post. I am not. I'm just defending myself. So stop irritating me by always having to flame me in every thread I post in. Really hypocritical behavior. Oh the the irony. This is off topic, yeah, but who cares. I'm sick of you and your undesirable character traits. The end. If you cannot even use a particular item and/or skill, do not complain about it unless you have ADEQUATE knowledge. /End.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

This would COMPLETELY obliterate melee.

-melee runs foward, is teleported away-

-melee is stuck-

-melee is hit with several spells-

-melee starts getting closer-

-melee is pushed away-

-melee is stuck-

-melee is hit, dead.-

Repeat.

I'm not even counting all the teleports and such.

Heck, I think Rangers only have half a chance of standing up to this, only since they can hit from a distance.

And the spell that Dims your screen is redundant and annoying.. all they would need to do is right-click you.

I like the idea of a new spellbook. But not this one. Add more time limits, maybe more failure rates. Sometimes people have to have a chance.

wow.jpg

-melee is stuck-

-melee is pushed away-

-melee is stuck-

-melee is hit, dead.-

Repeat.

Heck, I think Rangers only have half a chance of standing up to this, only since they can hit from a distance.

And the spell that Dims your screen is redundant and annoying.. all they would need to do is right-click you.

I like the idea of a new spellbook. But not this one. Add more time limits, maybe more failure rates. Sometimes people have to have a chance.

Melee should be obliterated by mage, and rangers still have an advantage.

-melee is stuck-

-melee is pushed away-

-melee is stuck-

-melee is hit, dead.-

Repeat.

Magic can attack farther than most weapons right now. Only Crystal bow and a few other weapons I can't remember can reach a farcasting mage. Remember this is for F2P, so all F2P Rangers get is a MAPLE Shortbow/Longbow, and I'm not even sure if the Longbow can even reach a farcasting mage.

sadukar123.jpg

sadukar123.png

Drops:

-melee is stuck-

-melee is pushed away-

-melee is stuck-

-melee is hit, dead.-

Repeat.

Magic can attack farther than most weapons right now. Only Crystal bow and a few other weapons I can't remember can reach a farcasting mage. Remember this is for F2P, so all F2P Rangers get is a MAPLE Shortbow/Longbow, and I'm not even sure if the Longbow can even reach a farcasting mage.

But remember how fast you can dish out damage, resulting in a higher dps, and the combat triangle advantage.

-melee is stuck-

-melee is pushed away-

-melee is stuck-

-melee is hit, dead.-

Repeat.

Something that I didn't do was post the splashing rate, the base experience gained, the delays, etc.

I wouldn't argue how over/under powered this is until all of that is posted, and I sure as heck am not going to put that in this - I feel that is something Jagex alone should decide.

That said, all the armour introduced has no range defense, and I'd expect that a ranger who isn't hybriding with rune would have a decent magic defense, and should have the mage splash often. Even if the mage is successful with some of the spells, the ranger would still have the advantage of being able to hit at a distance - and with these spells, it isn't as easy to farcast as it is with ancients.

♪♪ And I'm not done

Imagine all the magers that would pop up. As someone pointed out a ranger can't even hit a farcasting mage in F2P.

Melee should have somewhat of a chance though. And it's not about armor- if someone was wearing full d'hide and such, but using a melee weapon, or even a maple bow, they'd still be oblitered.

Overkill much?

wow.jpg

:o i gave my support awhile ago, but today i made my first trip to bh. i realized that magic is so overpowered.. wow all i had to do was ice blitz combo and i even downed a dharocker today- no sweat.

all a mage has to do these days is ice blitz, d spear spec, ice blitz, d spear spec and they can own whoever they want.

this is hardly the case for f2p, so i still support.

[size="5"][font="Georgia"][b]Staking:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#FFFF00"][/color][color="#00FF00"] 4+ mil[/color][/font]
[font="Georgia"][b]Current Status:[/b][/font][font="Palatino Linotype"][color="#FF0000"][/color][color="#0000FF"] Training defense [/color][/font][/size]

I'm not too keen on some of them.

The sharpen axe would be too over powered in P2P as you could combine it with beaver/hydra, stealing creation axe, lumberjack outfit and Evil Tree boost for a hell of a lot of exp.

Deposit spells kill Imp boxes and pack yaks (the scroll at least).

Blaze added to sharpen axes issues also adds the question does it work with FM rings/gloves?

The teleport spells are next to useless for a P2P player.

Rattle and Wilt are merely the current magic book spells (again useless for a P2P'er) and no spell book copies another spells in the exact same way like these too.

Debase this is to over powered (compare it to Karil's Set effect)

Praise would be the death of prayer potions (5 laws at 250 each is 1250 for more prayer points then a super restore or prayer potion which cost 2k + a dose) as well as making the fally shield a laugh.

The decrease in spell cast time would cause a lot of issues as it would make this set stronger then the DT book.

My 2 cents.

Well put. Isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. There are other things that are very wrong with this book, but the idea sounds pretty nice. It's a lot like what I was thinking of once, but way more overpowered #-o .

The Game.

553VriC.png?1

I'm not too keen on some of them.

The sharpen axe would be too over powered in P2P as you could combine it with beaver/hydra, stealing creation axe, lumberjack outfit and Evil Tree boost for a hell of a lot of exp.

Deposit spells kill Imp boxes and pack yaks (the scroll at least).

Blaze added to sharpen axes issues also adds the question does it work with FM rings/gloves?

The teleport spells are next to useless for a P2P player.

Rattle and Wilt are merely the current magic book spells (again useless for a P2P'er) and no spell book copies another spells in the exact same way like these too.

Debase this is to over powered (compare it to Karil's Set effect)

Praise would be the death of prayer potions (5 laws at 250 each is 1250 for more prayer points then a super restore or prayer potion which cost 2k + a dose) as well as making the fally shield a laugh.

The decrease in spell cast time would cause a lot of issues as it would make this set stronger then the DT book.

My 2 cents.

Well put. Isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. There are other things that are very wrong with this book, but the idea sounds pretty nice. It's a lot like what I was thinking of once, but way more overpowered #-o .

I addressed and modified the book for each of those concerns... and I'm sure Joe will agree its better now.

What else is "very wrong" with the book - please tell me, so I can explain it better, or I can modify these serious errors.

I lost.

♪♪ And I'm not done