The Contemporary Spellbook

sees_all1

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh btw, I just thought I'd mention:

Water Pulse ..... 67 ..... 2 D, 7 A, 8 W .. F . Hits up to 18 at standard speed.

Water_pulse.PNG

Water Pulse

?????? Water Pulse

The user attacks the foe with a pulsing blast of water. It may also confuse the foe.

spiderman.png

Problem exists regarding copyrights.

Aqua Pulse, maybe?

Water Pulse ..... 67 ..... 2 D, 7 A, 8 W .. F . Hits up to 18 at standard speed.

Water_pulse.PNG

Water Pulse

?????? Water Pulse

The user attacks the foe with a pulsing blast of water. It may also confuse the foe.

spiderman.png

Aqua Pulse, maybe?

Firstly, welcome back to the forums! :thumbsup:

IMO, there shouldn't be a problem regarding the water pulse thingy, though I may be mistaken. Many games will have spells like water bolt, water blast, etc and no one is going to chase them for copyright infringement.

Water_pulse.PNG

Water Pulse

?????? Water Pulse

spiderman.png

Aqua Pulse, maybe?

IMO, there shouldn't be a problem regarding the water pulse thingy, though I may be mistaken. Many games will have spells like water bolt, water blast, etc and no one is going to chase them for copyright infringement.

Not really back, just visiting. This popped into my mind, so I decided to post it.

You're right. I mean, they got Fire Blast into the game as well. But for safety's sake, better offer at least an alternative. Since this spellbook is a NEW spellbook, and not an extension, why not take the opportunity to rename all the elements? This would avoid some confusion between the two.\

Air = Storm?

Water = Aqua?

Earth = Rock/Stone?

Fire = Flame?

Just a few suggestions.

Water_pulse.PNG

Water Pulse

?????? Water Pulse

spiderman.png

Aqua Pulse, maybe?

Not really back, just visiting. This popped into my mind, so I decided to post it.

You're right. I mean, they got Fire Blast into the game as well. But for safety's sake, better offer at least an alternative. Since this spellbook is a NEW spellbook, and not an extension, why not take the opportunity to rename all the elements? This would avoid some confusion between the two.\

Air = Storm?

Water = Aqua?

Earth = Rock/Stone?

Fire = Flame?

Just a few suggestions.

Air = Aero? Wind? Tornado?

Water = Aqua?

Earth = Tera?

Fire = Pyro?

If you want to go with aqua, I'll say go with greek (?) names for everything, like aqua, tera and pyro. Though I don't know what air is in greek (??).

Wish you were back "permanently" though.

• 2 weeks later...

LOVE it! Ill do a compiment sandwich here though, (like in family guy) Very well thought out + drawn up :thumbup:. Its abit over powered in a few areas, but over all f2p High lv magers should get something like this! Keep it up :thumbup: Add my support!

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

10/10 i completely agree with you thta f2p mage is underpowered, and i think ur idea is great. I suggest that for the reward you should get like 200 death runes not 500 as 500 is quite alot.

Nah, you'll burn through them in less than an hour of clan warring. Or a few hours of pking.

i personnaly think it is overpowered and that they dont need new spells becuase for jagex to make a whoel new spell book just to help fix f2p magic wont solve that much really it would be a waste of their time :shame:

wilt impair and arattle are useless they are already in the spellbook and the spell book is overpowered and pure essencse is mems not f2p

Its very easy to say "that's overpowered", but what you haven't done is provide me with any evidence to support such a claim.

As it is, F2P mage cannot beat F2P melee past combat level 60, this spellbook solves it.

F2P doesn't have the equivalent of wilt/impair/rattle, and P2P doesn't use those because they have a much better combat book.

Pure Essence indeed, is P2P, but like coloured gloves, they're able to be traded to F2P.

Please give me better feedback as to why this spellbook is too overpowered, and why you disagree with 50 respected TIF'ers.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

if you hybrid with melle you can cas fire blast form far away run up and cast again the n whip out cruppted d baxe(or a rune 2h) and smack a 30(25) on your foe Max=74(68) pwnt :-# (you just got shut up) but it is a good spellbook even if it is over powered and in support of my argument even if pure ess can be traded(dont believe it) what if a ftp player doesnt have any member friends how will they get pure ess :?:

The game haha you lose

if you hybrid with melle you can cas fire blast form far away run up and cast again the n whip out cruppted d baxe(or a rune 2h) and smack a 30(25) on your foe Max=74(68) pwnt :-#

Except, that isn't one class beating another, its a hybrid beating a non-hybrid. And even then, it isn't magic that's killing them, its the other weapons.

Also, rather than post all the stuff here, check out QFC 74-75-904-58710158. Call Help Il did a very nice job of outlining the obvious imbalance in F2P.

what if a ftp player doesnt have any member friends how will they get pure ess :?:

Something called the Grand Exchange takes care of that problem.

Really, your arguments are baseless, and you don't seem to have a clue about anything F2P. So how about you go back to the RSOF, and quit trolling here.

♪♪ And I'm not done

if you hybrid with melle you can cas fire blast form far away run up and cast again the n whip out cruppted d baxe(or a rune 2h) and smack a 30(25) on your foe Max=74(68) pwnt :-# (you just got shut up) but it is a good spellbook even if it is over powered and in support of my argument even if pure ess can be traded(dont believe it) what if a ftp player doesnt have any member friends how will they get pure ess :?:

Please...learn HOW TO SPELL. With such horrendous grammar, spelling, and punctuation, no wonder no one listens to you.

Your near indecipherable arguments are crap.

First argument about hybriding with melee is stupid. Fire blast won't always hit that high, same for baxe. Noob. SERIOUSLY. THIS spellbook DOESN'T even allow/help your stupid technique to "KO" foes. Fire Blast is in the freaking normal spellbook. Rune Baxe/whatever are NOT EVEN RELATED TO MAGIC!

So a meleer hybriding with a dark bow can hit 48-48 and then charge up and use dharok's spec to hit 100+, so melee hits OMG 200 damage!!! Omgwtfbbq overpowered!! LOL.

Second argument about pure essence is TOTAL rubbish. There's such a thing called a grand exchange. Please.

On a side note: Lol, I'm a "respected" TIFer! :thumbsup:

i personnaly think it is overpowered and that they dont need new spells becuase for jagex to make a whoel new spell book just to help fix f2p magic wont solve that much really it would be a waste of their time :shame:

Another idiot with crappy grammar. Really, what are these forums becoming nowadays? A garbage dump?

This spellbook ISN'T, I repeat ISN'T just for f2p. There are many p2p spells there too.

I 100% agree! :thumbsup:

Finally on here to update that I have officially quit! It's been fun.
[hide=Signature]
Gandalf14141.png
R.I.P Billy Mays and <3 My Friend C.D.S 7/8/09 <3
60,816th to 99 Fletching 03/07/09|220,309th Person to be Able to Kill Dusties 10 Year Cape on 12/20/14[/hide]

grammar2gr8dx.png

Sorry to be negative, first of all, there are some great idea in there but they all have potential over-power uses, plus F2P idea just reduced its likeliness by 99% (for instance, the prayer restorer one can be used in TzHaar pits to give Infinity prayer (basicaly) Piety/chivalry would be over used etc

Not sure if super alchemy is in the revised spell book, but was a terible idea because it would ruin high alching (GE prices are fixed to be min cannot go below = hi alch value + 250ish)

Drop item sounds too un-ingamey, make it Called Group-Alch or something which is bad exp and gives low alch value for up to 10 items at a time

Quest focuses too muc around minigames? if you already have those then from what i read its a fast quest :)

F2P quest = Hasn't happerned since 2002. Goodluck getting runescape to break a 7 year run?

Once again, i mean no offence, just putting my point out there

they have enough spell books as it is and f2p mage's just need to learn hwo to use the full capacity of their own spell book

The full capacity of the normal f2p spellbook is a spell that can hit 16, a bind that lasts 5 seconds, and a teleblock that splashes too often.

There aren't any combos, any surprises, any wiggle room for F2Pers, espescially when their armour is fail, their hits are pitiful, they're always PJed, and the cost is way too high. I've addressed 3 of these 4 issues, and in my opinion, and the opinion of more than 50 others, have solved it or made it better.

Before posting another line about how overpowered my spellbook is, tell me exactly what is overpowered, and why.

Sorry to be negative, first of all, there are some great idea in there but they all have potential over-power uses, plus F2P idea just reduced its likeliness by 99% (for instance, the prayer restorer one can be used in TzHaar pits to give Infinity prayer (basicaly) Piety/chivalry would be over used etc

Tell me what else is overpowered so I can figure out how to solve it. If the idea that it's overpowered because of infinite use in PvP content, then I can fix it by making it "takes a long time to cast, interrupted by combat".

Not sure if super alchemy is in the revised spell book, but was a terible idea because it would ruin high alching (GE prices are fixed to be min cannot go below = hi alch value + 250ish)

Drop item sounds too un-ingamey, make it Called Group-Alch or something which is bad exp and gives low alch value for up to 10 items at a time

You can see my reasoning in pages 7-whatever, anyhow someone pointed out that super alch would ruin the normal spellbook; and its not in the final edition.

Quest focuses too muc around minigames? if you already have those then from what i read its a fast quest :)

F2P quest = Hasn't happerned since 2002. Goodluck getting runescape to break a 7 year run?

Once again, i mean no offence, just putting my point out there

but, overall, do you support?

♪♪ And I'm not done

f2pquests.png

107-108-188-58906469.

Although someone might claim he is just talking about holiday quests, I got the image that they are planning a "real quest" for F2P.

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I have the feel that the above picture is somehow edited... the font doesn't matches

No never support this spellbook. There is noway to defense --- it is VERY overpowered

Its capability has already transcended many p2p spells

e.g. Wilt = Vulnerability at MUCH lower level and cost

Apperate will make every teleport largely obsolete. The rune cost, is not really a problem for p2p players....

Rather, I would support one or two more combat spells with max hit around 20 or so, and several non combat spells for skilling, similiar to Lunar spells. Teleport spells are more than enough in f2p given the limited size of its map.

Lumbridge --- home

Varrock / Falador --- teleport spell

Draynor --- cabbage ring

Barbarian village --- skull skepture (spelling?)

Also the runecrafting tablets covering from Rimmington (air) to Goblin Village (mind).

AAH I would support letting f2p get snare as well

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

AAH... don't forget that the rewards are very lurcative EVEN by p2p standards. 500 death runes? That is 150k. 10000 exp is also quite heavy...

BLOSSOM_KING.png

A new member; f2p for 4+ years

Seldom get online due to in real life business

Always support f2p improvements

There is noway to defense --- it is VERY overpowered

Not exactly sure what you mean by this, care to elaborate?

Its capability has already transcended many p2p spells

e.g. Wilt = Vulnerability at MUCH lower level and cost

Apperate will make every teleport largely obsolete. The rune cost, is not really a problem for p2p players....

How many times to people in P2P PvP use Vulnerability, or other spells similar to it? I'm guessing never, because they're only using Ancients when in PvP. So Vulnerability is already obsolete, however I could imagine many F2pers using it in this spellbook.

Apparate has a 30 minute time limit, and a 30% chance of failure. So if it fails, you'd still be where you are, and you'd have to wait another 30 minutes to cast it.

Rather, I would support one or two more combat spells with max hit around 20 or so, and several non combat spells for skilling, similiar to Lunar spells.

This spellbook has that, and spells that address other issues, such as PJing.

Teleport spells are more than enough in f2p given the limited size of its map.

Lumbridge --- home

Varrock / Falador --- teleport spell

Draynor --- cabbage ring

Barbarian village --- skull skepture (spelling?)

Also the runecrafting tablets covering from Rimmington (air) to Goblin Village (mind).

AAH I would support letting f2p get snare as well

Right, but you can only have 1 spellbook at a time. So instead of being both Lumbridge and Al Kahrid, it would only be Al Kahrid.

Instead of both Varrock / Prayer Guild, it would be just Prayer Guild.

AAH... don't forget that the rewards are very lurcative EVEN by p2p standards. 500 death runes? That is 150k. 10000 exp is also quite heavy...

It takes at least 100 death runes to complete the tasks, 100 to give to Wizard Grayzag, plus whatever else takes to defeat Melzar again.

10000 exp is about 1/4 the experience reward of dragon slayer, and this quest is about as time consuming, plus the requirements are much higher.

♪♪ And I'm not done