PMods - Purpose or Status?

Guest jrhairychest

profanity in post

context is important because (hidden due to profanity)

[hide=]saying I got hacked is okay but saying im going to hack you and get you banned isnt

saying damn it is okay, but saying you damn piece of crap your going to hell isnt.[/hide]

awteno.jpg

Orthodoxy is unconciousness

the only ones who should kill are those who are prepared to be killed.

• Replies 678
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

profanity in post

context is important because (hidden due to profanity)

[hide=]saying I got hacked is okay but saying im going to hack you and get you banned isnt

saying damn it is okay, but saying you damn piece of crap your going to hell isnt.[/hide]

Tbh this is where we differ. If a player said these phrases to me I'd just laugh in their face. If a player is really offended by such remarks the report button can still be used.

thats where an auto report system could fail terribly

Few players are offended by seeing the word damn, most people are in some way offended/bothered by the various profane insults.

awteno.jpg

I disagree. I could sit there and be offended all I wanted. Or I could apply a little common sense and report it and/or place the player on ignore. A little self responsibility goes a long way.

Are you saying that all players are such sensitive little souls that really need protecting like this? If they are they should not be playing at all.

Im saying that an auto report system wont work because it cant pick up the important context that a player with a report button can.

Exactly. Going a bit further, a mechanism to automatically give mutes would fail as well, for the same reasons.

They need human moderators. Employing J-mods to patrol every area would be costly, and probably counter productive as people can see a Jagex account easily by the name. If you've ever seen one ingame, you would see that they are swarmed with pointless questions that were answered on the website.

A player mod is the best solution to this. They are normal players that are encouraged to pay the game, so it's very likely that they will go to areas that are populated - which tend to be where rule breaking happens. They are also unrecognizableHah. unless they speak. Also, being human, they can employ a human judgment of a situation, which is necessary for obvious reasons.

Of course it is a status, but it's a status with a purpose.

If I see people having an argument that looks like it is about to get offensive, all I have to say is *cough* They see the crown, apologize and then usually ask me a couple questions. Tension is gone, and they both have their questions answered.

Somebody tried to do a trust trade scam on me, then freaked out when he found out I was a mod. I explained why scamming is wrong, he said he got scammed. I asked him how he felt, and why he would want to put other people through the same thing. He really seemed to see the error of his ways, I gave him a couple moneymaking tips and everybody is happy.

Somebody starts spamming in the cc that I regularly go on, I say "player, that's enough." They apologize and stop 90% of the time.

If I see somebody auto advertising a phishing website, I can mute them which will reduce the amount of passwords they get.

Jagex also has to sift through a lot of reports. If they have a group of players who know how and what to report effectively, they prioritize those reports and make things easier.

I'm not saying all player mods should have been given their position, and none of us are perfect, but you can't say it doesn't improve the game.

PMods have good/bad sides , let's start thinking from the good side.

Good side:

1)They can mute instantly the spammers and they're reports are more 'important' to jagex then our normal player's reports.

2)They can help (share knowledge) with less experience people (although i doubt it , since noone likes being a guide tutor to a 'noob')

3)Some of PMods are really interested , and enjoy cleaning the runescape (from rule breakers)

Bad side:

1)Many new people usually 'get a crowd' around the PMod.

2)Some people just want it all just for the CROWN , STATUS.

3)Only like 50% of the PMods are really helpful (maybe even less number in %)

So my answer it's more of a status than a purpose. (Not all players will use the PMod's rights to help people and jagex itself)

Feel free to add something to my 'sides' since i might have skipped something.

Sweetness in life - Friends Bad Friends - sourness

Im saying that an auto report system wont work because it cant pick up the important context that a player with a report button can.

Exactly. Going a bit further, a mechanism to automatically give mutes would fail as well, for the same reasons.

They need human moderators. Employing J-mods to patrol every area would be costly, and probably counter productive as people can see a Jagex account easily by the name. If you've ever seen one ingame, you would see that they are swarmed with pointless questions that were answered on the website.

A player mod is the best solution to this. They are normal players that are encouraged to pay the game, so it's very likely that they will go to areas that are populated - which tend to be where rule breaking happens. They are also unrecognizableHah. unless they speak. Also, being human, they can employ a human judgment of a situation, which is necessary for obvious reasons.

An autoreport would clear up blatant swearing, racism and other 'isms', website advertising. So in reality the human decision can be removed and the offending player becomes their own worst enemy. Its bound to make the odd error, but hey pmods are way fine from perfect! This also answers the jmod issue. As far as I'm concered I would pay for proper policing of the game, rather than plastic police any day.

I'm pretty sure pmods give out mutes that are overturned by Jagex. So in reality its a flawed argument saying that the pmods get it right by context. Context is subjective as to what someone finds offensive. I find it funny that you guys love the intervention of a pmod when someone can just stick another player and ignore and bang a report in. I take it you don't trust players to do this, so you think players need a mod there as their nanny? I appreciate some of you guys might be a bit sensitive in nature

Player mods are not the solution. Where one pmod may use discretion another won't, and some won't even bother at all. Theres no consistency in the system. Autoreport is not there for status its there to do a job.

Of course it is a status, but it's a status with a purpose.

If I see people having an argument that looks like it is about to get offensive, all I have to say is *cough* They see the crown, apologize and then usually ask me a couple questions. Tension is gone, and they both have their questions answered.

'Looks like'? So you just jump in like a busybody. Sounds like you like to do this a lot to prove your high and mighty status and for your own feel good factor. Are players not allowed to argue, because theres nothing in the rules against it. Try not sticking your nose into other peoples business so much.

An autoreport could pick up on any abusive language.

Somebody tried to do a trust trade scam on me, then freaked out when he found out I was a mod. I explained why scamming is wrong, he said he got scammed. I asked him how he felt, and why he would want to put other people through the same thing. He really seemed to see the error of his ways, I gave him a couple moneymaking tips and everybody is happy.

You actually think this guy is going to go away and do this? If the guy is too lazy to make his own money he's not going to change just like that. Once a scammer always a scammer so your lecture was a waste of time.

Somebody starts spamming in the cc that I regularly go on, I say "player, that's enough." They apologize and stop 90% of the time.

Lmao. its the plastic version of judge dredd. Whoever owned the cc could have kicked the player out at any time. This did not need you.

If I see somebody auto advertising a phishing website, I can mute them which will reduce the amount of passwords they get.

Autoreporting could fix this.

Jagex also has to sift through a lot of reports. If they have a group of players who know how and what to report effectively, they prioritize those reports and make things easier.

Autoreporting could fix this too where only players appealing need to be looked at. I've always found this area dodgy as Jagex should give priority to all players as we pay the same fee. If I pay the same as anyone else, I would expect my reports to be dealt with in the same urgency as anyone elses.

I'm not saying all player mods should have been given their position, and none of us are perfect, but you can't say it doesn't improve the game.

I don't agree that it does improve the game. A few good mods in a large batch of poor ones is not a game improvement. Point me to a useful mod and I will agree with you. Read earlier posts.

PMods have good/bad sides , let's start thinking from the good side.

Good side:

1)They can mute instantly the spammers and they're reports are more 'important' to jagex then our normal player's reports.

2)They can help (share knowledge) with less experience people (although i doubt it , since noone likes being a guide tutor to a 'noob')

3)Some of PMods are really interested , and enjoy cleaning the runescape (from rule breakers)

Bad side:

1)Many new people usually 'get a crowd' around the PMod.

2)Some people just want it all just for the CROWN , STATUS.

3)Only like 50% of the PMods are really helpful (maybe even less number in %)

So my answer it's more of a status than a purpose. (Not all players will use the PMod's rights to help people and jagex itself)

Feel free to add something to my 'sides' since i might have skipped something.

Thanks Moneyna :)

I think you're just a little too easily offended.

'Looks like'? So you just jump in like a busybody. Sounds like you like to do this a lot to prove your high and mighty status and for your own feel good factor. Are players not allowed to argue, because theres nothing in the rules against it. Try not sticking your nose into other peoples business so much.

Are you [developmentally delayed]ed? They still live with their parents and their favourite food is probably tattoo bubble gum, i don't care about their 'business'.

If an argument is clearly disrupting people around them, and is starting to get offensive, ofc I will use my status to calm it down.

You actually think this guy is going to go away and do this? If the guy is too lazy to make his own money he's not going to change just like that. Once a scammer always a scammer so your lecture was a waste of time.
Way to pull assumptions out of your [wagon].

Lmao. its the plastic version of judge dredd. Whoever owned the cc could have kicked the player out at any time. This did not need you.

The owner was not in there, and there were no generals. (in fact it is a popular chat, and neither the owner or the generals are in there much)

Congratulations once again on making assumptions that you really have no real idea about.

Jagex should give priority to all players as we pay the same fee. If I pay the same as anyone else, I would expect my reports to be dealt with in the same urgency as anyone elses.

What does paying a fee have to do with voluntarily helping out the game? I was a player mod when I was f2p, before I paid anything.

I don't agree that it does improve the game. A few good mods in a large batch of poor ones is not a game improvement. Point me to a useful mod and I will agree with you. Read earlier posts.

You really do have no idea do you? I talk with 15+ different player mods every day, (if you aren't good at math, that adds up to a lot) I rarely see one that doesn't deserve it - and I know those that don't, don't last long. A lot of them don't talk in public so you probably run into player mods more than you think and don't even realize it.

I've ignored the remarks about an auto reporting system as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The censor is still bad after 8 years and you want Jagex to make an auto reporting system? :lol: I suddenly realize a reply wasn't even necessary.

Oh and it would lag too much anyway having to sift through every thing everybody says. The sensor doesn't lag because it is client side, an auto reporter won't be.

I think you're just a little too easily offended.

how does that in any way address what I said? If you were a cashier at mcdonalds and didnt like 50 dollar bills would you refuse to take them as legal tender? It isnt at all relevant if Im offended but if I volunteer to help jagex with rule breaking im going to enforce their rules the way they told me too. Secondly, are you telling me you dont find severely abrassive and abusive at the very least detrimental to the game? I mean you keep going on these long rants about how bad player mods can be yet you dont think profanity is bad?

An auto report system is an interesting idea, and I support it to the extent it would work. The problem is it wont work as a miracle cure regardless of your baseless claims. Are you going to ban certain words? If so how is that any better then the current censor, and if we start making a computer a mass ban device the player resistance will be immense. How do you intend to monitor every line of chat and have a computer determine if it is an offense or innocent?

awteno.jpg

Are you [developmentally delayed]? They still live with their parents and their favourite food is probably tattoo bubble gum, i don't care about their 'business'.

If an argument is clearly disrupting people around them, and is starting to get offensive, ofc I will use my status to calm it down.

No, its that sticking your nose in other peoples business that gets you off. You may think that being a busybody is clever and you're doing the whole RS world a favour but I don't. I did explain about a few good mods, but sorry you're not one of them.

Way to pull assumptions out of your [wagon].

You did exactly the same thing when you 'assumed' there would be a flame war. Read back on your post. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

The owner was not in there, and there were no generals. (in fact it is a popular chat, and neither the owner or the generals are in there much.

Congratulations once again on making assumptions that you really have no real idea about.

Congratulations on proving that some mods are not good at dealing with other people. So you decided you just had to stick your nose in again. Lmao you just cannot keep your nose out of everyone elses business.

If this is the case why is it a free for all in this cc? Have you not spoken to the person who owns it to sort it out? If the owner and generals aren't in there much and its a free-for-all then why is this being allowed?

I know enough to get by thanks. Your attitude reflects that of an earlier post about mods knowing pretty much nothing as they 'spend their time reporting flax pickers'.

I don't pretend to know everything.

What does paying a fee have to do with voluntarily helping out the game? I was a player mod when I was f2p, before I paid anything.

It has plenty to do with it. No one players reports should be treated any more favourably than anyone elses. People pay their fees so we expect equal treatment. Should any reports I send in be less important than anyone elses? I suppose you're a bit too used to getting your own way on such issues, so you can't comprehend it.

You really do have no idea do you? I talk with 15+ different player mods every day, (if you aren't good at math, that adds up to a lot) I rarely see one that doesn't deserve it - and I know those that don't, don't last long. A lot of them don't talk in public so you probably run into player mods more than you think and don't even realize it.

Im supposed to be impressed by this? All the glory seekers huddling together. You assume they are all good mods, but how do you know this? You're of the same ilk and you all think butting in on players and waving power sticks around is a great thing. Well tough, some of us don't agree. Oo and spare the mathS thing as I'm pretty bored of the superiority complex.

I've ignored the remarks about an auto reporting system as you clearly have no idea what you are talking about. The censor is still bad after 8 years and you want Jagex to make an auto reporting system? :lol: I suddenly realize a reply wasn't even necessary.

Oh and it would lag too much anyway having to sift through every thing everybody says. The sensor doesn't lag because it is client side, an auto reporter won't be.

Obviously this has hit a raw nerve with you and Cannibal. There would be no need for YOU if one was in place. If the censor was so bad Jagex would have dumped it a long time ago. Auto-reporting would not be perfect, but neither are mods.

The report system could be fitted as client side, and only send reports it has to for server side processing.

Obviously this has hit a raw nerve with you and Cannibal. There would be no need for YOU if one was in place. If the censor was so bad Jagex would have dumped it a long time ago. Auto-reporting would not be perfect, but neither are mods.

The report system could be fitted as client side, and only send reports it has to for server side processing.

You mean the raw nerve where I said it would be cool if we could have a good auto report system? Here is why it is nearly impossible(at least for now). The current censor runs into trouble with the context within a word such as the [bleep] Cheney and Mobey [bleep], and letter combinations such as the fg in the alphabet being edited(may have been fixed just examples not the basis of my point). To make a system automatically report players for rule breaking is going to be orders of power harder because it must first pick up when they are saying something "obscence or illegal" and determine both if and how offensive the statement is.

Id address your other points but since your already starting a bit of a flame war with one mod Im going to keep my head above this one.

awteno.jpg

how does that in any way address what I said? If you were a cashier at mcdonalds and didnt like 50 dollar bills would you refuse to take them as legal tender? It isnt at all relevant if Im offended but if I volunteer to help jagex with rule breaking im going to enforce their rules the way they told me too. Secondly, are you telling me you dont find severely abrassive and abusive at the very least detrimental to the game? I mean you keep going on these long rants about how bad player mods can be yet you dont think profanity is bad?

a) Profanity is subjective. What one person finds offensive another doesn't. I'm more offended that guys like you feel you have to 'nanny' players as they are either too sensitive or too lazy to either use a report button or use an ignore button. Players who abuse much prefer an audience rather than be ignored.

B) Swearing/racism etc. is much more offensive than profanity.

c) You have the right not to report, as I'm frequently told by mods. You don't have to enforce any rules whatsoever. YOU as a mod take the decision to report.

d) Abuse is detrimental to the game of course. But so is allowing under age players to play and those who won't help themselves. I don't see Jagex or yourself dealing on about this.

An auto report system is an interesting idea, and I support it to the extent it would work. The problem is it wont work as a miracle cure regardless of your baseless claims. Are you going to ban certain words? If so how is that any better then the current censor, and if we start making a computer a mass ban device the player resistance will be immense. How do you intend to monitor every line of chat and have a computer determine if it is an offense or innocent?

Baseless claims? Please do tell. The current censor does need work and I certainly agree to this. If the censor could also shift a report off for someone to look at and then decide theres no way it won't work!! You have both the human (Jagex employee) and the computer element working together. If the censor/reporter has made a mistake then the user has not committed any offence and we all move on. Obviously it would have its teething issues but it could be done.

The only players who would have any resistence would be those who frequently break the rules. Now that surely would make even you happy. Players like myself would shrug their shoulders and move on.

You mean the raw nerve where I said it would be cool if we could have a good auto report system? Here is why it is nearly impossible(at least for now). The current censor runs into trouble with the context within a word such as the [bleep] Cheney and Mobey [bleep], and letter combinations such as the fg in the alphabet being edited(may have been fixed just examples not the basis of my point). To make a system automatically report players for rule breaking is going to be orders of power harder because it must first pick up when they are saying something "obscence or illegal" and determine both if and how offensive the statement is.

Id address your other points but since your already starting a bit of a flame war with one mod Im going to keep my head above this one.

My apologies Cannibal. I was reading from posts back and realise we have had this part of the debate. I won't edit the post but I withdraw you from the comment.

Baseless claims? Please do tell. The current censor does need work and I certainly agree to this. If the censor could also shift a report off for someone to look at and then decide theres no way it won't work!! You have both the human (Jagex employee) and the computer element working together. If the censor/reporter has made a mistake then the user has not committed any offence and we all move on. Obviously it would have its teething issues but it could be done.

The only players who would have any resistence would be those who frequently break the rules. Now that surely would make even you happy. Players like myself would shrug their shoulders and move on.

first off, a personal opinion on obscene isnt relevant, jagex determines that within the confines of a game. I report what they have told me is to be considered obscence after I review it against a personal frame(saying age is against rules but I dont report it in innocent context).

The resistance to a report bot would be from all types of players, because few people are going to like the idea of a robot looking at their chat constantly with a mindless report button. At least when good player mods are doing it they can see that the player asking if anyone else is 17 isnt trying to steal recov questions, or at least hang around the convo for a minute to make sure.

awteno.jpg

The resistance to a report bot would be from all types of players, because few people are going to like the idea of a robot looking at their chat constantly with a mindless report button. At least when good player mods are doing it they can see that the player asking if anyone else is 17 isnt trying to steal recov questions, or at least hang around the convo for a minute to make sure.

This exactly.

For more examples: A reporting machine does not discriminate on context. If it files a report for every keyword that triggers it, think of all the work that the Jagex mods will have to go through. It could be something like "You got pked? That sucks man" mixed with a report that has a more obscene use of the word. Plus, how practical would it be to implement? It may very well cause unbearable lag across the entire game because it is monitoring *every* players' conversations at once. Plus, even with a larger number of Jagex employees working on it, they would have to take a few seconds per report or they'd fall far behind... And with that kind of mechanism, it would probably be near impossible to keep up again.

Player mods offer human judgment, and being from all corners of the world, are probably able to catch offenses that Jagex employees who really don't know cultures outside of the UK wouldn't notice.

I might also note that they made it far more difficult to contact them after the 12/10 updates. Many players believe that this was related to the amount of abuse the system received in response. Imagine how difficult if they have to keep their customer support base focused on reports for every potential offense.

The thread would actually be fun if it weren't for the baseless generalizations that are being thrown in as evidence... Not just on the OP's side I might add :lol: .

No, its that sticking your nose in other peoples business that gets you off. You may think that being a busybody is clever and you're doing the whole RS world a favour but I don't. I did explain about a few good mods, but sorry you're not one of them.

More assumptions... Which is fine, except your assumptions are completely wrong, which makes you a presumptuous [rooster].

They have no right to disrupt the game for anybody else, and are more than welcome to use the pm system. If a regular player asked them to stop, is that regular sticking their nose in the other person's business? No, you are just like every other 15 year old that has a problem with player mods for no reason.

You did exactly the same thing when you 'assumed' there would be a flame war. Read back on your post. People who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

If people are starting to cuss, and I ask them to stop because I don't want them to cuss, it isn't assuming anything.

Congratulations on proving that some mods are not good at dealing with other people. So you decided you just had to stick your nose in again. Lmao you just cannot keep your nose out of everyone elses business.

If somebody types in a clan chat:

asf

sadf

sadf

sadf

sadfsda

fsad

fsdafsadf

for 5 minutes, they need to accept that people people are going to notice "their business."

When this happens, the clan chat ask me to 'deal with it,' and are happy when I do. If you aren't in that clan chat, it doesn't concern you and your opinion isn't needed on the matter.

Answer this: Have you ever been in a clan chat that is being spammed, and a general kicked the spammer? If so did you tell the general he was sticking his nose in the spammer's business?

It has plenty to do with it. No one players reports should be treated any more favourably than anyone elses. People pay their fees so we expect equal treatment. Should any reports I send in be less important than anyone elses? I suppose you're a bit too used to getting your own way on such issues, so you can't comprehend it.

If jagex did that, their customer support would be even worse than it is now.

Im supposed to be impressed by this? All the glory seekers huddling together. You assume they are all good mods, but how do you know this? You're of the same ilk and you all think butting in on players and waving power sticks around is a great thing. Well tough, some of us don't agree. Oo and spare the mathS thing as I'm pretty bored of the superiority complex.

Why must you make so many stupid assumptions? When I talk to them, the only difference I can notice between them and regular players is their maturity, and that would be a good difference. No power waving, no elitism, no nothing. You obviously have not talked with enough player mods to have an idea of what they are like in game. You just haven't, so stop pretending you know what you are talking about.

Auto-reporting wouldn't work. Ask anybody who knows anything about programming. Hell, don't take anybodies word for it - learn some programming yourself and you will realize. Unless you go learn how to program and can logically prove me wrong, drop it.

Yeah, THAT wouldn't be abused.. :roll: There would be clients popping up everywhere with the auto reporting system removed and no way to stop it.

The sensor isn't abused in that way because it only stops what the player sees, so if somebody edited the client and removed the sensor and then swore, it would be censored to everybody else.

mmmcannibalism

With an autoreport system its black and white for many offences. It can clear web adverts, swearing, racism and other more serious issues. Yes you are right the are times when subjectivity is necessary, but don't forget ALL players can report or click on ignore. You seem to think that it is your duty to protect all players when they can help themselves.

Lol I like the 'mindless report button' quote. Isn't that classed as a wannabe mod? Oo sorry I couldn't resist that.

a_local_guy

Again, if players are offended by conversations with the word 'sucks' in it that have other connotations then I'm sure players are quite capable of reporting the offensive material themselves and placing the player on their ignore list. Its not rocket science is it? Instead of relaxing on certain words, Jagex should shore it up so there are no discrepancies.

Human judgement isn't always the best thing in many cases. What one mod sees as acceptable another may not, and mods are in no way the great things they are made out to be. And yes some are more corrupt than others, whether people like to hear it or not. You think a mod would report his friends if they acted irresponsibly during the game?

This will always be the way so its in no way foolproof method as it is. No an autoreport would not be 100% correct, but if its fairly robust in its design it takes it one step further. The only reason that mods are against it is because it at least partially removes them from the equation.

Where are my baseless generalisations when even those who are against me have conceded points along the line?

Iamdan

You're not exactly good at dealing with people or critisism are you? Obviously you won't hold onto your modship for long during the game as your superiority complex doesn't bode well.

As far as my background is concerned I have 10 years experience of programming (14 if you count my time as a student) so I know a few things. But thanks for the recommendation. I'm the first to agree I have had little experience of Java programming, as my area is business apps and not gaming. However, I do know that it IS possible to put together an autoreporting system. Albeit its focus would be on whole keywords as the reading of the string concatenation used in the current censor throws up a few issues. I passed this idea to a colleague who plays on line games also said it was possible once the bugs were ironed out. In case you hadn't noticed this type of system has already been implemented in some games, where it boots out the player for a set length of time. Not that I have to justify myself to you but there you are.

Again you feel that you are on some sort of moral crusade for other players. Considering most of what is said in the chat window is drivel anyway, I doubt all of a sudden all players will become offended by a couple of players having a disagreement. Its just over zealous modding. Its absolutely pathetic you feel you need to butt in here, there and everywhere either on public or CC. To answer your question, I'd just leave the CC anyway. If a player wants to spam, I'm quite happy to leave. But I'm sure as hell not offended in any way. Absurd! I'd suggest you use a CC that is more regulated by the players that run it.

Its also fine to have the two tier system for reporting, where non-mods are treated second class in reporting? Tell that the the gaming population who pay gaming fees then.

As far as talking to player mods is concerned, I've talked to plenty. You would know this if you read. I wouldn't trust any of them with a bargepole! I don't feel I need to associate with people who got their status by reporting others. I've got better things to do with my time. I'm certainly no angel, but I don't believe any that police the game are either. I don't think I'm making 'stupid assumptions' when I know how these players get their status. Where is the honour or the skill in being nicey nicey to players, when you're ready to do your Judge Dredd act or report them at a moments notice? Yes, yes very noble (Not!).

mmmcannibalism

With an autoreport system its black and white for many offences. It can clear web adverts, swearing, racism and other more serious issues. Yes you are right the are times when subjectivity is necessary, but don't forget ALL players can report or click on ignore. You seem to think that it is your duty to protect all players when they can help themselves.

Lol I like the 'mindless report button' quote. Isn't that classed as a wannabe mod? Oo sorry I couldn't resist that

while web adverts are obvious, how do you intend for a system to pick up when swearing is bad enough and when something is racist? Ignoring cases of obvious words, these things would be very hard to pick up without a very sensitive sensor that would end up getting a lot of players a lot of black marks.

btw that joke wasnt funny

secondly, the reason mods get priority reports is that jagex has seen "proof" their reports are more likely to be accurate. Lets assume not every report gets read since it seems very unlikely, doesnt it make sense for jagex to start with the batch that is likely to be nearly perfect?

awteno.jpg

The most simple solution is to build a dictionary. Assume it is filled with common swear words. Works on the same principle as the censor. For easyness sake at this point, I shall assume the offender uses spaces and I'll keep the coding simple and a little elongated. A simple example of the coding would be:

Initialise dictionary

When enter pressed //user presses enter after typing

read line of text //program reads in the line of text user typed.

While not end of line of text //loop until the end of the line of text

.......While character not space //nested loop until it detects a space

...........Set word + character //takes the character and place in word

...........Move along 1 character//moves along 1 character

.......End when character = space//the word is complete

.......If word = word in dictionary Then

.......Submit priority report

End when at end of line of text//repeats the while not loop until it detects the end of the line.

Apologies if you spot any flaws but it is a simple example and to be honest its late and I'm tired. Obviously a more intricate version of this would be needed and although I program I'm not always 100% efficient.