Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

From my experiences in COD4 the main combo i can see being used with dual attachments is Assault Rifle with Red Dot Sight + Grenade Launcher which wouldn't be overpowered at all.

Red dot sight = ?

But if it was a scope instead of the 'red dot sight' then basically you'd be able to almost pinpoint your rifle grenade from a whole map away with a bit of skill.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From my experiences in COD4 the main combo i can see being used with dual attachments is Assault Rifle with Red Dot Sight + Grenade Launcher which wouldn't be overpowered at all.

Red dot sight = ?

But if it was a scope instead of the 'red dot sight' then basically you'd be able to almost pinpoint your rifle grenade from a whole map away with a bit of skill.

RDS is similar to the Aperture sight in COD WAW.

There are lots of combos that will potentially be overpowered but as said earlier i reckon there will be some kind of penalty that comes with dual attachments.

keen.png

Ah, seems like a combo to be abused if it's made like that with the grenade launcher. Only if you can aim (unlike CoD5) with your rifle in grenade launching position ;)

Something like the RDS and a silencer however seems completely fine, but if this does happen then IW have to be very delicate with their ideas.

i think cause everyone seems to hate the idea of having a noob tube+something else, y not just make it so tubes cant be combined with anything else?

i dont see how any other mix would be nooby or overpowered at all. silenced gun with a scope? so what?

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

i think cause everyone seems to hate the idea of having a noob tube+something else, y not just make it so tubes cant be combined with anything else?

i dont see how any other mix would be nooby or overpowered at all. silenced gun with a scope? so what?

I can snipe across the map with an m14 acog. If that was silenced, and I had uav jammer, no one would be able to find me. Oh well, I play hardcore so silencers aren't too important anyway.

flobotst.jpg

Hegemony-Spain

Silenced snipers would probably be outshot by unsilenced ones anyway due to the loss in range.

Also I think there was speculation because there is a silenced M21 in a couple of missions in COD4, and IW came in and said that it wasn't going to happen.

Touche, the scoped + silenced version would probably drop to average Bolt action rifle length.

But a good sniper is so concealed not even another sniper can find him. ;)

Are you seriously that stupid? I consider myself a pretty damn good sniper, and I still get killed every once in a while, it's called a killcam buddy.

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Silenced snipers would probably be outshot by unsilenced ones anyway due to the loss in range.

Also I think there was speculation because there is a silenced M21 in a couple of missions in COD4, and IW came in and said that it wasn't going to happen.

Touche, the scoped + silenced version would probably drop to average Bolt action rifle length.

Are you seriously that stupid? I consider myself a pretty damn good sniper, and I still get killed every once in a while, it's called a killcam buddy.

How am I stupid for saying that most good snipers dont get caught? :| It's the whole idea and killcam imo is stupid anyway.

BUT, on the good side, I think MW2 will have a pretty good gameplay for Snipers. ;)

EDIT: Wait, if you dont move and you *are* concealed enough you should be able to avoid being caught by the KC. But if you're not very concealed you should be able to mindgame your opponent. Pretend you're going one way then move the other when you suspect the KC has finished :P

Oh well, I play hardcore so silencers aren't too important anyway.

Not like I'm comparing but if Hardcore is the same with MW/WAW then imo the gunshot really helps, I mean, surround sound helps too. You hear a sniper shoot, if its loud he's near you. If it's not loud he's far. If it's loud2 then they're going to kill you.. :P when I play Hardcore I base my Sniping on sounds if I can. Thats WaW though so.. yea.

Does it give you a rush to insult people over the internet or something? EVERYTIME Ray posts all you do is qoute him and attack him .. constantly.

Does it give you a rush to insult people over the internet or something? EVERYTIME Ray posts all you do is qoute him and attack him .. constantly.

Maybe if he didn't talk so much crap and try to sound like a [bleep]ing expert all the time?

Does it give you a rush to try and play the knight in shining armour over the internet or something?

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

I'd find a sniper from killcam unless he stayed scoped in. Even then I'd know the direction and general area. If you know the maps then its easy to identify where they are from the killcam.

A lot of people don't have the inclination to do that, mainly because they just get angry and respawn straight after they die.

Rabble rabble rabble

It's a damn red dot when you scope in. These are all available in real life, why not CoD?

Oh and I got the red ring, so I have to wait about a few days to ship it in, only to receive it in about .. a month?

I'd find a sniper from killcam unless he stayed scoped in. Even then I'd know the direction and general area. If you know the maps then its easy to identify where they are from the killcam.

A lot of people don't have the inclination to do that, mainly because they just get angry and respawn straight after they die.

Ah I'm way off, I thought killcam was like 5 seconds or something mandatory. Heh. Not like there are that many smart people playing the game, people who would do the thing you do are one in 5 on WaW. Maybe one in 3 on MW.

Rabble rabble rabble

It's a damn red dot when you scope in. These are all available in real life, why not CoD?

what

Oh, you might like to know what I was quoting. It was your post regarding RDS & grenade launchers.

I disagree, even the idea of multiple perks of the same class wouldn't harm the game.

Oh, you might like to know what I was quoting. It was your post regarding RDS & grenade launchers.

I disagree, even the idea of multiple perks of the same class wouldn't harm the game.

Well I'm gonna have to say if you got say, claymores and a grenade launcher you basically win, straight up.

Pretty sure there'll be multi attachment weapons in the campaign again, so no reason why they can't be carried over to online.

Pretty sure there'll be multi attachment weapons in the campaign again, so no reason why they can't be carried over to online.

That's kinda what I'm thinking now, but I think there should be a large disadvantage if you do get them added on, especially if you add one with another if one takes over a Perk (or just not allow it and make a double addon a Perk as we discussed earlier? :o)

I know this has probably been confirmed many times before, but the release date is based on UK date style or American date stlye?

I.e 11 of October or 10th of November.

I know this has probably been confirmed many times before, but the release date is based on UK date style or American date stlye?

I.e 11 of October or 10th of November.

It's in American dating, 11-10 is my birthday and MW2 isn't out on my birthday.

I'm pretty sure it comes out 10th of november, I'm half tempted to go to a midnight release for a signed copy, either that or run down to my local Tescos, get it at midnight then run home and play it xD

Is there a possibility the 'signed' copies would sell for more down the road? ;)

Is there a possibility the 'signed' copies would sell for more down the road? ;)

But that means going allllll the way to london by train to come allllll the way back again in the middle of the night xD It probably is worth the hassle though.

@Tmillard - The designers/programmers usually attend midnight launches around the world signing copies of their games, It's happened for quite a lot of different games varying from halo to world of warcraft, etc.

starscapeyp6.jpg

Deviant Art Account

2 Signatures | 6 Photographs | 1 Other