Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

The snow mobile part and castle reminded me of Nightfire.

[yt]faij6XTq32k[/yt]

Since when did the military have gun fights on snowmobiles and get pulled out of burning castles within seconds of it blowing up. It just seems to me that they are making it into a Hollywood action game. Either way its just going to be another generic FPS, with an online mode that gets tiring after a week.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you ever played cod4? The game was full of cinematic moments. And as for the online becoming tired cod4 had great longevity, so unless they decide to completely change it's funadamental workings there should be no problems there.

The snow mobile part and castle reminded me of Nightfire.

[yt]faij6XTq32k[/yt]

Since when did the military have gun fights on snowmobiles and get pulled out of burning castles within seconds of it blowing up. It just seems to me that they are making it into a Hollywood action game. Either way its just going to be another generic FPS, with an online mode that gets tiring after a week.

Oh my god!! My first ever console game!! <3:

That takes me back a bit... ::'

I think it's kind of obvious that MW2 is gonna be about the same gameplay as CoD4, except with co-op campaign, online co-op, and a version of zombies. It, is, going, to, be, AWESOME!!! :D

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

It's based on special ops forces, I.E the SAS, Spetsnatz, small marine taskforces.

Read up a bit on the SAS' exploits around the world and you'll see it's not much different from the game.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Some new information

So the Dutch videogame magazine Power Unlimited is seemingly the first mag in the world with a thorough hands on preview of Modern Warfare 2. Without wasting anymore of your time, here's the gist of it:

Singleplayer:

- To handle the pressure, Infinity Ward put up a selective filter on community feedback, and at some point simply decided: "this is how the game is going to be."

- Both bullets and grenades now have realistic physics. Bullets will ricochet off walls and grenades will realistically fall down stairs.

- It is now possible to hold a handgun in one hand and a knife in the other, comparable to how Solid Snake holds them together in MGS3 and 4.

- There will most probably be an underwater level, since a heavily armed Navy Seal diver was shown off (as in the trailer).

- One of the levels is called 'International Cyber Space Lab'. Will CoD go into space, or is this some derelict Russian missile base?

- Bullettime is featured in the game, but will only be triggered at key points. It's not some super power which you can activate with a press of a button.

- More innocent bystanders and civilians will be present in the warzones, and though it isn't your mission, you wont be punished if you shoot them down.

- Every time you finish a level, a Challenge will be unlocked. These challenges are comparable to Horde Mode from Gears 2, only with a time element added to it. The faster you kill everyone, the higher your rank will become.

- You can play the Challenges in split screen and they will most probably be playable online as well.

- New weapons will be introduced (while some others will be dropped), and since you're part of Task Force 121, you will have access to the most advanced weaponry available.

- One example of such an advanced weapon is a gun equipped with a heartbeat sensor, which you will use in the 'snow level' to detect enemies from dozens of feet away.

- Existing weapons are completely remodelded and as such are much more detailed this time around. For example, a scope can get smudged while a red dot sight will dissappear when you aren't targeting anything.

- You can destroy much more of your environment. For example, you can shoot at a firefighters pump which will cause a huge geiser to errupt, blocking part of your sight.

- Another example: you can shoot at a gas station, which not only causes an explosion, but the gasline will then flail around like crazy while flames erupt from it.

- The 'snow level' takes place somewhere in Kazakhstan and is called 'Cliffhanger'.

- The level starts off with climbing a ridge which, from their description, sounds mostly scripted, though you do the climbing yourself by pressing the triggers.

- General MacTavish makes a return and is featured in this first level.

- Once you've climbed up the ridge, you will make a trek through the snow, while your sight is slightly blocked due to falling snow, so you'll have to make use of your weapons' heartbeat sensor.

- This level is described as an infiltration mission, where you have to use stealth to advance, comparable to Ghillies in the Mist from the first game.

- After a couple of stealth kills and the placement of several explosives, you get caught and are forced to trigger the explosions early. Now [cabbage] hits the fan and all hell breaks loose in true Call of Duty fare.

- During the huge firefight, with soldiers, helicopters and jets all over the place, you make your escape on the well known snowmobile, racing downhill while fighting off pursuers.

- The 'Brazil level' takes place in Favela, a shanty town in Rio de Janeiro.

- Level starts out with you sitting in a car when suddenly you get fired upon.

- You are forced to leave the vehicle, as your driver got shot and bullets are still flying all over the place.

- Your mission here is to chase down some guy while not killing him, so it's a capture mission.

- Loads of stuff happening in this level too: civilians screaming and running away, exploding cars, dead bodies everywhere, it's utter chaos.

- After shooting the target in the leg, the demo ends, which is because they haven't finished the level yet.

- Infinity Ward now uses texture streaming, which enables them to construct much bigger levels. They show this off by zooming out of the Favela level.

- The lighting is greatly improved, with much more subtle details everywhere.

- The entire level is described as having loads of detail, with lots of shacks everywhere and alleys going in every direction, as well as newspapers blowing in the wind.

- The developer hints to Favela being a multiplayer map as well.

- A third level takes place in the desert.

- You drive off to a cliff, which you will rapel down from.

- After this, you will enter a cave and fight underground.

- The scene in the cave strongly resembles the scene from the Iron Man movie where Tony Stark constructed his first suit, which is something the developer was shooting for intentionally.

- The cave consists of a seemingly endless amount of corridors, and numerous large rooms.

Multiplayer:

- A couple new multiplayer modes will be introduced, but they wont be revealed until after E3. All modes are completely new and have never been featured in any other game.

- New perks will be introduced.

- The riot shield will be a perk. It will be possible to carry the shield with two people, while a third shoots from behind it's cover.

k9999-crazyarm.gif

holy crap after seing the new trailer and reading the latest info i cant wait for this to come out.

i have a question though, i play these games on the PC, cod4 works fine on my computer, but for some reason cod5 lags even with all the setting turned as low as possible. im guessing its cause cod5 is more cpu intensive,but i have a fairly new computer. will this be a problem with mw2 as well? i sure hope not... if some1is good with computers help me out lol :pray:

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

holy crap after seing the new trailer and reading the latest info i cant wait for this to come out.

i have a question though, i play these games on the PC, cod4 works fine on my computer, but for some reason cod5 lags even with all the setting turned as low as possible. im guessing its cause cod5 is more cpu intensive,but i have a fairly new computer. will this be a problem with mw2 as well? i sure hope not... if some1is good with computers help me out lol :pray:

I'm assuming (hoping) they aren't reusing the modern warfare engine so chances are it will be tougher on your system.

Anyways I may get this, I don't know. I never really got into CoD 4 much to be honest, even though I recognize it as a well made game. I think if they're putting in all new gameplay modes and such than I may give it a shot.

I found some great information on MW2 on cod4boards, enjoy!

[hide=Large but text-readable images]

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

[/hide]

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

As long as this game supports quad-cores and will be upgraded to support 6 cores for 2011, I'll be content. :P

Youtube HD Video - This video will cause high CPU usage, to view the video in a lower quality, please click here.

Comical but serious analyses for guns shown in the trailer.

Gameplay footage :)

http://digidose.com/2009/06/01/were-impressed-modern-warfare-2-gameplay

Looks like the FAMAS is in for sure yay

Also, I hope we'll be able to have the snow mobile level (or a map with snowmobiles) playable in custom multiplayer matches. Would be awesome.

In a private match with good players it could be great, but 16 people on MTD or HcSND it would just be [bleep]ed up because of all CoD noobs :ugeek:

After seeing that video though..........holy [cabbage].

That actually looks pretty good. I like the integration of the HUD into the weapon, real cool feature.

It's just a heartbeat sensor, because of the snow, it's only on that weapon, and in that level.

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Gameplay video looks freakin sweet!! only 5 more months... :(

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

^Yea quite obvious it wan't going to be, IW actually have brains.

And hopefully this thread won't be ruined by all the Wii kids crying about getting killed my someone with an MP40 like the Cod WaW thread.

keen.png