Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

lol @ sad kids claiming to be pro snipers yet they can't snipe without their precious stopping power.

If you knew how the snipers worked you'd understand that its sensible to use SP on all the snipers apart from the Dragonuv/WA2000.

The only thing stopping power does for sniper rifles is make the stomach area in addition to the head,neck and chest one hit. It's not hard to aim for the chest at all. You talk about thermal being put in to help kids and people who can't play, what do you think about a perk that makes a targets one hit area 6 inches wider does? Is it that hard for you to aim for the chest?

Also sensible for your secondary, SP could make the difference between a 2/3 hit kill with your pistol and dying from the marathon UMP kid who constantly bullrushes you, which happens a lot on MW2.

You're always at a disadvantage in close quarters as a sniper, in cod4 some kid with a shotgun or mp5 would drop you just as fast. This is why you're meant to stick and move to keep people guessing.

Perhaps this isn't an issue for you as you use Akimbo G18s w/extended mags and just spray like crazy, and use Hardline to get your Care Package quicker, but don't come on here raging like a bad kid.

I use a pp2k till i unlock the magnum, then use deagle akimbo.I'd rather use a pistol than a g18 when i'm sniping with a wa2000 or any other sniper for that matter.

The argument wasn't over SP vs CB but how cheap thermal is.

Cold blooded is the exact counter to thermal. It's not cheap if you know how to aim slightly higher....

[spoiler=How "effective" using stopping power on sniper rifles is.]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pP-My8sCHvE

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ above

i've been preaching that intervention fails in all ways compared to the barrett, its semi auto counterpart. same accuracy, same damage, but intervention has an unpredicatble recoil that's medium kick, and the barrett has a recoil that goes the same way each time and settles faster than the bolt cycles on the intervention. people who think the intervention is m4d pr0 b35t n1p 3v4r l0l0l0l0l are just fanboys. the barrett is better in every way. the only thing the barrett CAN'T do is partcipate in a quickscope/noscope battle. big [bleep]ing deal.

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

@ above

i've been preaching that intervention fails in all ways compared to the barrett, its semi auto counterpart. same accuracy, same damage, but intervention has an unpredicatble recoil that's medium kick, and the barrett has a recoil that goes the same way each time and settles faster than the bolt cycles on the intervention. people who think the intervention is m4d pr0 b35t n1p 3v4r l0l0l0l0l are just fanboys. the barrett is better in every way. the only thing the barrett CAN'T do is partcipate in a quickscope/noscope battle. big [bleep]ing deal.

From what I see from friends using it, its more of a preference, some people tend to rush shots and the bolt action on the interevention is perfect for them. Plus it's still a decent weapon to use every now and then after being spoiled by semi auto. :cool:

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

The thermal scope was intended for bad players who can't snipe, similar to no skill ARs like ACRs, HBS, MLC, OMA DC etc, in order for bad players to be able to be ok at the game, so they like the game, so they buy DLC, so Activision gets more $$$.

The only time I can understand a thermal is on Underpass, because the map is awful and visibility is terrible. If you're using it in any other situation you're abusing it.

i'm beginning to like you more and more

cheers mate :thumbup:

P.S. add SCAR-H and TAR-21 to that no-skill-AR list

That's half the guns in the game.

I'll stick with SP and leave you to your spraying. Forgive me for valuing 1 hit kills.

preaching that intervention fails in all ways compared to the barrett, its semi auto counterpart. same accuracy, same damage, but intervention has an unpredicatble recoil that's medium kick, and the barrett has a recoil that goes the same way each time and settles faster than the bolt cycles on the intervention. people who think the intervention is m4d pr0 b35t n1p 3v4r l0l0l0l0l are just fanboys. the barrett is better in every way. the only thing the barrett CAN'T do is partcipate in a quickscope/noscope battle. big [bleep]ing deal.

Yeah this is probably true but personally I just prefer the bolt actions. Though its not quite true the Barrett is better in every way, because the Intervention reloads quite a lot faster. All the MW2 snipers pale in comparison to the CoD4 snipers though, as does the rest of the game.

M40A3 *drools*

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

I'll stick with SP and leave you to your spraying. Forgive me for valuing 1 hit kills.

Don't complain then, its your choice to sacrifice your defense against thermal users to gain a bigger target.

All you need to do is hit them in the chest for a 1 hit kill, i repeat a 1 hit kill.

I still say thermal is fair and balanced. You just can't aim slightly higher.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

Don't complain then, its your choice to sacrifice your defense against thermal users to gain a bigger target.

All you need to do is hit them in the chest for a 1 hit kill, i repeat a 1 hit kill.

I don't care, I don't play MW2 anymore. On CoD4 I don't have to worry about bad kids like you running CB and Thermal M21 spraying.

I don't care, I don't play MW2 anymore. On CoD4 I don't have to worry about bad kids like you running CB and Thermal M21 spraying.

lol....If you don't care then why are you still wasting your time putting it down?

And what's your problem with the m21 anyways? takes better aim to pop two in a guy than blow him away 1 hit.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

The M21 is ridiculed because it has absolutely no recoil, making it perfect for inexperienced snipers thermal or not. Plus the fact that you can spray and get a kill due to it's loose hit detection.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

lol....If you don't care then why are you still wasting your time putting it down?

And what's your problem with the m21 anyways? takes better aim to pop two in a guy than blow him away 1 hit.

Aiming roughly around someone and bashing a trigger to fire the many bullets an M21 has does not require more skill than firing one shot, with an actual wait after it. Example, if you miss (Which I don't, so don't come back with crap about oh if you miss that's your fault) they have a good few seconds to get into cover or get out of sight. Whereas the kid with the M21 will continue to spam bullets until they get the kill. That's what Vale is saying and I really don't see how you can't understand or grasp that point..

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

Aiming roughly around someone and bashing a trigger to fire the many bullets an M21 has does not require more skill than firing one shot, with an actual wait after it. Example, if you miss (Which I don't, so don't come back with crap about oh if you miss that's your fault) they have a good few seconds to get into cover or get out of sight. Whereas the kid with the M21 will continue to spam bullets until they get the kill. That's what Vale is saying and I really don't see how you can't understand or grasp that point..

The only sniper rifle that takes longer than a second to reset is the intervention.If you're using a wa2000 or a 50 cal, your going to hit him again.

yaay_1_def.png

siggy2.png

You're obviously a guy who benefits from the imbalances and noob friendliness on MW2 whilst we don't, so lets just move on from this now.

Made a guy ragequit on Overgrown, just completely dominating the other team, they were spawntrapped down near the petrol station thing and I had 4 airstrikes straight on top of them. I got Rival on this guy, xH0lyJebusx or something, then killed him up close with a P90 and he left the game, causing it to end. Sent him a message saying "nice ragequit", he sent one back saying "nice tryhard pants", then he rejoined my game on Broadcast where I did well and he went negative, then after the game was over I left the lobby to play no scopes on Shipment with friends, then he sent a message accusing me of ragequitting. You couldn't make up some of the stuff these kids do.

Probably because its an awful game in its current state.

Then shut up and leave.

I love the m21 tbh, i like all the snipers but the barret, the intervention is the best if you ask me, but using the m21 is a fun challenge getting insta kills.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22