Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

Oh and since you guys are talking about knifing, I wanted to bring this up.

Whatever happened to getting a knife kill meaning something? Like all these recent FPS games have an instant 1 hit kill knife where as back in the day you had to be a good player to get a knife kill. It just makes me wonder when people actually can be overpowered because they run around with a melee build in an FPS.

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well in terms of CoD theres always been a kind of "lunge" forward with the knife, so if they're close enough its pretty much an insta kill. Its only with MW2 that its been taken to a ridiculous extreme with the infinite sprint, increased speed and increased lunge range Marathon/Lightweight/Commando setup, and a tactical knife allowing you to knife quicker. I look upon it as basically griefing its that bad. Before MW2 for CoD I considered the 1 hit kill knife fine because it works as a last resort weapon when they're close and you need to reload or whatever, sometimes lag would cause you not to hit or whatever but it was basically fine. It was never effective to use as a primary weapon before MW2, and if you wanted to use it like that you had to use tactics and stealth rather than the no skill straight up bullrushing and teleport dashing of MW2. For BFBC2 which is now MW2s main competitor in terms of modern FPS I'd say the knifing is fine because they have to be really close and it often doesn't connect, so its good for either a humiliation kill when they're unaware or in an emergency.

For games like CoD and Battlefield where you can die in 2-3 bullets up close a 1 hit kill knife is fine, maybe you could say you need to pull out the knife rather than just have it at the press of a button, but then that would make it pretty much only good for humiliation kills so it would be pretty much useless. For FPSs where you have a ton more health a 1 hit knife shouldn't be there, I don't tend to play them but I spent a lot of time with Resistance: Fall of Man on the PS3, on there a melee was butting someone with your gun, which took half their health, so you would need to have either already shot them or follow it up with shooting, which seems a fair way of doing things, seen as if you can melee them twice they're either unaware or just plain bad.

what they shouldve done with knifing is that if 2 people knife at the same time, they parry, sort of like swords in halo. (so none of this host advantage BS)

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

Does anyone else find the hate on knifers odd? If they are close enough to knife you then they would've been able to shoot you a long time ago, even with Commando. The knife was added for pinch moments like rounding the corner and meeting the enemy but for some people it adds a challenge or they just like the feeling of running around and using a melee weapon.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

Does anyone else find the hate on knifers odd? If they are close enough to knife you then they would've been able to shoot you a long time ago, even with Commando. The knife was added for pinch moments like rounding the corner and meeting the enemy but for some people it adds a challenge or they just like the feeling of running around and using a melee weapon.

Yeah, I've never gotten angry at knifers because it's my fault for letting them get that close.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

Does anyone else find the hate on knifers odd? If they are close enough to knife you then they would've been able to shoot you a long time ago, even with Commando.

This is bull. You pretend that every situation with a knifer is the same. You can't always see them coming as they could be coming just around the corner. The problem is that when knifers run knifing becomes better than bullets within a range of at least 5 metres. Because you don't have to aim down your sight first (which most people do) and it's a one hit kill.

Click here to check out my Youtube channel!

Killstreaks promote camping - that's [cabbage], there are campers in every game.

Herp derp killstreaks are overpowered - turn on Cold Blooded

You really have no idea, do you?

Present no evidence and then declare yourself right?

They do promote camping though. Yes, most FPS games have people camping in them (to different degrees of effectiveness). However killstreaks simply make camping a lot more attractive as an option because they reward you for not dying

Does anyone else find the hate on knifers odd? If they are close enough to knife you then they would've been able to shoot you a long time ago, even with Commando.

This is bull. You pretend that every situation with a knifer is the same. You can't always see them coming as they could be coming just around the corner. The problem is that when knifers run knifing becomes better than bullets within a range of at least 5 metres. Because you don't have to aim down your sight first (which most people do) and it's a one hit kill.

Then in that case it's just them reacting really well if you two meet at a corner.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

What's funny is, I haven't really noticed the stuff you all (constantly) complain about. I see the occasional noobtuber or tacknifer but it's not constant like you guys seem to believe. And where are these campers? Can you name any popular camping spots?

I can name you one for every none DLC map. Here's some:

Skidrow: The house next to A in Domination. It's a spawn spot for a faction, but I forgot which one.

Wasteland: In the underground intersection. People can camp in the corners.

Rust: For OpFor, go up the square shaped pipes onto the 2nd floor ledge. Easy to hide here.

Estate: You can camp virtually anywhere haha

Terminal: The plane. Most people can't usually see you, but you have a clear view of the entire corridor.

Invasion: Notch in the (bar?) area, the corridor in the back of the bookshop, you can set claymores to restrict access.

Derail: You can camp on the first floor in the big building, the one with the wider set of stairs.

Rundown: Militia* spawn, there are crates, which when climbed on, give a large view of the enemy spawn area.

*Militia, not OpFor

-littleboy

Yeah, I've never gotten angry at knifers because it's my fault for letting them get that close.

They don't need to be close, thanks to Commando.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

Then in that case it's just them reacting really well if you two meet at a corner.

No, its not. Clicking once on the thumbstick for a one-hit-kill obviously is faster than aiming down your sights and shooting (and it usually takes multiple shots for a kill). No matter how fast you react, within a distance of 5 metres you lose 9 out of 10 times (if the knifers isn't a complete moron).

What's funny is, I haven't really noticed the stuff you all (constantly) complain about. I see the occasional noobtuber or tacknifer but it's not constant like you guys seem to believe. And where are these campers? Can you name any popular camping spots?

MW2 is filled with dark corners and camp spots. I don't know how many times I've seen someone just sitting perfectly still until someone comes around the corner and immediately shoots me. If you say you haven't encountered a lot then either you're just not paying much attention or you're lying.

Looks like the added more bs killstreaks. Radio controlled buggy? Seriously?

But really, it looks pretty much like MW2 but with even more randomness (apparently that's possible.).

I really hope they're not just adding even more stuff. The core gameplay of CoD is great but it gets ruined by an overload of everything.

If you look at the buggy he doesn't actually get kills from it, so maybe it just stuns or something. If you look at the end it seems you can now record your matches in some way.

I reckon I could deal with the killstreaks if they're handled properly, they've already said there are no nukes which is probably the worst KS on MW2 as it encourages the camping the most. Also they've said no Commando and also no secondaries. So as long as the killstreaks aren't crazy overpowered like in MW2 or they manage to come up with some new kind of [cabbage] to rival Commando or OMA, I can't see it as being as bad as MW2.

From this video I'm most pissed off with Care Packages coming back, all they do is reward noobs.

Btw did you guys notice the spring loaded knife or something when he got the "skewered bonus"? Hmm [cabbage] sense is tingling.

Ok great. Looks like Modern Warfare 2. With some new kill streaks.

Suicide RC car? Cool. Napalm. Awesome.

Theater mode like in Halo 3?

Awesome.

To be honest. This looks like a MW2 done right.

Or I hope it to be.

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Doesn't seem a whole lot different from what MW2 is now which is a step in the wrong direction for me. Not gonna judge based just on that trailer but it's not doing anything for me at the minute.

It isn't in the castle, It isn't in the mist, It's a calling of the waters, As they break to show, The new Black Death, With reactors aglow, Do you think your security, Can keep you in purity, You will not shake us off above or below

Scottish friction

Scottish fiction

Btw did you guys notice the spring loaded knife or something when he got the "skewered bonus"? Hmm [cabbage] sense is tingling.

Hmm you mean the Spetsnaz Ballistic knife? That actually SHOOTS THE KNIFE? Yea, it's real.

spetsnazspringknife.jpg

It's also seen on Deadliest Warrior: Spetsnaz vs. Green Berets.

Trailer actually looks pretty good. Can't wait :thumbup:. That camera thing should prove to be useful.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

The holographic sight has a smiley face on it.

11jx9ub.png

"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

It looks a bit more badass than mw2 to say the least.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber