Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Hugger_88

Even a beta code doesn't justify buying the huge pile of [cabbage] that is the prestige edition.

Agreed. But I bet a lot of people will fall for this "deal". It's just a demo and you're willing to pay an extra $90 to get it? That's more than the full price game. Sure, you could say the goggles come with it as well, but they'll be garbage anyways.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

• Replies 6.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even a beta code doesn't justify buying the huge pile of [cabbage] that is the prestige edition.

Agreed. But I bet a lot of people will fall for this "deal". It's just a demo and you're willing to pay an extra $90 to get it? That's more than the full price game. Sure, you could say the goggles come with it as well, but they'll be garbage anyways.

Exactly what i thought, you can pick up some real non made in china piece of crap ones if you realy want some....I only got the hardened bcuz i love the case and COD1 had multiplayer online =P~

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Well damn, am I the only one who thinks the night vision goggles are totally badass? :(

They may be cool, but they are pointless. You don't need them, they are only a gimmick to make you pay $150 for the game.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Really, I understand where you're coming from, but I just think those goggles are so cool. It's kind of pathetic.

Hell, it got me wondering: How effective they will be, and how much they actually cost if someone were to buy them apart from the game.

Really, I understand where you're coming from, but I just think those goggles are so cool. It's kind of pathetic.

Hell, it got me wondering: How effective they will be, and how much they actually cost if someone were to buy them apart from the game.

Worth about 10$ in chinese plastic....

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Well damn, am I the only one who thinks the night vision goggles are totally badass? :(

They may be cool, but they are pointless. You don't need them, they are only a gimmick to make you pay $150 for the game.

And its true "limitedness" as "We are not stupid enough to make the same mistake as Halo"

I was watching a war film last night and got thinking about a new game mode:

True hardcore:

It would involve everything that normal hardcore includes except with these extras:

-No health regeneration at all. (Max health still being 30 like on hardcore.)

-No air support.

-No hitmarkers.

-No killfeed.

-No telling you when you've killed anyone.

-No scores shown until the end of the game.

-No perks.

-No HUD of any kind, including hipfire crosshairs.

-Friendly fire on.

-No names above your team mates, if you mistake the uniforms all game then that's your fault, if you want to know if they're on your team or not you'll be forced to communicate.

I think that this would make for some incredible gameplay. Imagine it, you fire at a guy in a building, he falls down, but have you even hit him? Is he dead? Could he have just gone prone? You have no idea, just like you wouldn't in real life.

-there already is no health regen in hardcore, it just gets the red out of your way after a bit

-why no air support? they have that in rl.. imo make it so someone is your teams leader and has a radio and you get like 1 air strike a game or something (and cant be used within first minute or so)

-and perks like stopping power maybe its jsut like better rounds your firing, juggernaut you get like armour

id love no names above and no kill spam, so anoying in hardcore when your teammate runs infront of where ur already shooting, gets hit, dies and comes back for revenge and ruins your 6 kill streak

anyways, true hardcore would be awsome

id also like a CTF mode, that would be cool :P (and no, sabotage is not, if they removed the kill sign and defusing then maybe...)

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

anybody know the system requirements for the pc? i need to make sure my computer can handle it.. -.-

I cant tell you exactly, but if you have CoD4 it should be something similar. not sure if it is or not though.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

Its a different game engine to COD4 and they've upped the graphics, so the COD4 specs may not be a great guideline.

the reason im asking is cause cod4 runs fine on my comp, but cod5 runs like crap. i run that game with the lowest settings possible and it still gives me extreme lagg. so i need to make sure i can run the game before i pre-order it.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

Its a different game engine to COD4 and they've upped the graphics, so the COD4 specs may not be a great guideline.

the reason im asking is cause cod4 runs fine on my comp, but cod5 runs like crap. i run that game with the lowest settings possible and it still gives me extreme lagg. so i need to make sure i can run the game before i pre-order it.

Oh my bad, but I dont play on comp so I dont know lol. this website might have some info on specs.

Untitled_zpsrs1nv3dr.pnginstabadge_zps761d5351.png

- 60,023rd to 99 Firemaking on April 29th, 2012 -- 15,152nd to 99 agility on August 21st, 2011 -
- 30,569th to 99 Prayer on June 26th, 2011 -- 22,646th to 99 Hunter on Jan 9th, 2011 -
1993 Miata; sold - 2001 E46 330i; "totaled" - 2001 E46 325iT; Bags and wheels ;)

i reallllly hope they have somthing like toss back form cod5 in mw2, there needs to be a perk to counter marty nades

no more marty

Has anybody actually confirmed that there is no more martyrdom?

I think he said that as a suggestion. Going to preorder this soon enough.

New computer, works nice.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Why do you even need toss back? Getting killed by a Martyrdom grenade is so easy to avoid. :|

There's always that.. really [bleep]ed up random thing that happens in shooter campaigns where you get bombarded by grenades, left right and centre so it's too hard.

Plus, from my experience on CoD5, TB is pretty fun to use, I mean, running into an obvious Martyrdom users body and continuously throwing a grenade into the ground is err.. fun.

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Why do you even need toss back? Getting killed by a Martyrdom grenade is so easy to avoid. :|

There's always that.. really [bleep] up random thing that happens in shooter campaigns where you get bombarded by grenades, left right and centre so it's too hard.

Plus, from my experience on CoD5, TB is pretty fun to use, I mean, running into an obvious Martyrdom users body and continuously throwing a grenade into the ground is err.. fun.

im not gettin killed by them, i use them for free gernades

090828110351.png

090914204824.png

XBL gamertag: SeismicTriangle

martydom might be easy to avoid, but its alot more difficult in hardcore, where you dont get an indicator. especially on maps with lots of grass and tons of people. even then i can usually avoid it.

but you have to admit even being able to avoid it most of the time theres always occasions where you're like.....[bleep]ing noob...i hate marty..it usually happens during a rampaging uber pwnage killstreak. pisses me off sometimes.

l_f9faeb8497d4422f960573321c8fec9d.jpg

Darwin's Radio, stairway to stardom 2009

Next multiplayer video will be released next week:

"Aiming our next Modern Warfare 2 multiplayer video for release next week. The focus will be on a new Perk that A LOT of you suggested!" #MW2 about 8 hours ago from web

Source: http://twitter.com/fourzerotwo

I wonder if it's that rumored tactility perk that will allow two attachments. Though I'm not sure if it will go in the red, blue, or green perk slots...