Another Anti-Gameplay Update from Jagex

Historik2

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

It seems common place that the entire Runescape world must be punished for the actions of very few. That's the issue here.

That's honestly your main point? That's how life works!!! And how you think it's a "punishment" is beyond me. But even if it was, let's take a look at some things we have to deal with in life:

1. Drugs. Some people can and do use drugs responsibly, but the people who don't have ruined it for them.

2. Age limits. Some young people are mature and can handle things well such as voting, drinking, driving, going into office, etc. but the ones who don't handle them well ruin it for the rest.

3. Profiling. Cops and authority are trained to look for stereotypes which they assume will lead to a crime. "Group of teens playing their music loud? They must be having an illegal party! Let's get em boys!" Cops break in, finding out that the kids are doing nothing wrong. Kids don't get in trouble, but it's still unfair that they had to suffer just because there really are kids out there who play loud music while having illegal parties.

I could go on and on about many aspects of life but I think I got my point across. Life isn't going to be 100% fair. There's nothing we can do about that. Honestly, that's like crying because there is death in the world. Yeah, it's tragic but what can you do? Crying about it is futile and only pisses other people off because we don't want to hear people moping around and crying when there's nothing that can be done about it. Do you ever stop to think why people tell you to get over it?

So let's see, your solution to injustice is to simply accept it and roll over? This issue is completely different from those you mentioned above anyways. You are saying that because drugs lead to addiction / illness / death, etc. that they are made illegal. Real World Trading is also illegal, in Runescape terms. For your analogy to have any relevance, the government would be forcing every single person in the world to wear metal plating on their arms so that they could not inject needles. They would ban all sources of fire so that people couldn't light up a joint. They'd genetically alter your nostrils so that you could not possibly snort a line. This is basically what is happening in Runescape; they are not simply making a rule against RWT, they are putting restrictions across the game so that you are unable to break the rules even if you wanted to, at the expense of the huge proportion of players who have never broken these rules, and never intend to.

Jagex is removing freedoms that we previously had in order to combat the EXTREMELY small portion of players who are Real World Trading. What's amusing is that these players who are RWTing are doing it in microscopic numbers, compared to the old system. You'll be lucky to find 6-7 people transferring at any given time on W17 in High / Mid Crater, of which only 3-4 of them are actually RWTing (the others are simply transferring to bypass the trade limit). Of those 3-4, maybe 2 of them are RWTing for a significant amount (5M+ per transfer). When you consider that over 100,000 players are playing at any point, and only 3-4 of them are RWTing at a time, you truly realize how insignificant this problem really is.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what nitwit would rwt or transfer through f2p?

The most valuable items you can get in f2p come from p2p, and if i'm not mistaken, happens to be god armor. God armor is maybe a max of 5m per set, and due to the fact that you can only carry in one set of armor of any type at a time, this would make it take ridiculously long to transfer or rwt any significant amount.

It really doesn't matter in the slightest if I play BH. I don't play castle wars, clan wars, go on pvp worlds, or do about 75% of the other minigames either. I still know how they work. I am also smart enough to know that RWT and Transfers of that "Easy 5m" or less would be a waste of time for all parties involved. RWT'ers sell gold in the hundreds of millions range, and are much more likely to go on p2p worlds where they can carry in things like third age or other such items that are worth far far more than measly god armor. Afterall if you ever checked out the rates on some of those gold farming sites, You'd realize how much of a waste of everyone's time 5m is. I remember back before anti-RWT updates, seeing sites advertising 100m for $10. That would translate to $.50 for 5m. OMG NOWZ I CNA GIT CHOKLIT MLK @ LUHNGH.

Anyway, considering you really don't have any established players agreeing with you kind of takes credence away from your argument than anyone who spends time at BH could tell me the same things you are. So why don't you take the bet? Seriously.

How exactly would you suggest they punish just those transferring or using RWT in BH? How would they even detect it? Do you think they wear signs that say "RWT!!!!!!?" There is no discernible difference between a player deciding to play BH and getting his [wagon] kicked, and a RWT'er going to bh, and getting his [wagon] kicked on purpose. These deals are made outside of RS so they can't even check chat logs 90% of the time.

To be honest, every time you post i feel like throwing a puppy into a blender and making you drink it.

Man, are you still here? You're a complete moron, NEARLY ALL RWT TAKES PLACE IN F2P! And where in hell are you getting these values on gold? Nobody is selling gold for $0.10/M, are you kidding me?? Gold retails at around $3.00-4.00 USD per Million. This means you can transfer $15.00-20.00 worth of gold each transfer. Considering one transfer takes about 5 minutes (180 sec penalty plus some setup time), you can be transferring $240 USD worth of gold per hour. That's just on F2P doing a regular god armor transfer (Sara Set + Wiz [G]). You have demonstrated time and time again that you are a complete moron, and you seem to be happy adding fuel to the fire.

It just goes to show how absolutely uninformed the Runescape public is as far as RWT goes, if you truly think a million gold sells for 10 cents. That's like $6.50 for an AGS, the best weapon in Runescape. If gold was that cheap, there would be no point for retailers in the first place. I mean, what normal Runescape player would need more than 100M? If they could buy everything they'd ever need for a measly $10, anyone selling gold would be better off sewing rugs in India.

If 5M is such a waste of time, are you saying that you don't think Jagex should worry about the people transferring 5M at a time? Because if that is indeed what you are saying, you are essentially agreeing with my argument. The amount of RWT going on is incredibly insiginificant. In the old days, billions changed hands everyday in Runescape. In this current age, there is nowhere near that amount being exchanged.

Anyways, what is the point of arguing with you, when you have admitted you've NEVER used Bounty Hunter? You talk about assumptions, and yet you're throwing out numbers and statements that are based purely on your own moronic guesses which have absolutely no basis.

"People must be using P2P to xfer because 5M costs $0.50!"

That statement alone proves it. You really should not be posting here anymore.

It seems common place that the entire Runescape world must be punished for the actions of very few. That's the issue here.

That's honestly your main point? That's how life works!!! And how you think it's a "punishment" is beyond me. But even if it was, let's take a look at some things we have to deal with in life:

1. . Some people can and do use responsibly, but the people who don't have ruined it for them.

2. Age limits. Some young people are mature and can handle things well such as voting, drinking, driving, going into office, etc. but the ones who don't handle them well ruin it for the rest.

3. Profiling. Cops and authority are trained to look for stereotypes which they assume will lead to a crime. "Group of teens playing their music loud? They must be having an illegal party! Let's get em boys!" Cops break in, finding out that the kids are doing nothing wrong. Kids don't get in trouble, but it's still unfair that they had to suffer just because there really are kids out there who play loud music while having illegal parties.

I could go on and on about many aspects of life but I think I got my point across. Life isn't going to be 100% fair. There's nothing we can do about that. Honestly, that's like crying because there is in the world. Yeah, it's tragic but what can you do? Crying about it is futile and only es other people off because we don't want to hear people moping around and crying when there's nothing that can be done about it. Do you ever stop to think why people tell you to get over it?

So let's see, your solution to injustice is to simply accept it and roll over? This issue is completely different from those you mentioned above anyways. You are saying that because lead to addiction / illness / , etc. that they are made illegal. Real World Trading is also illegal, in Runescape terms. For your analogy to have any relevance, the government would be forcing every single person in the world to wear metal plating on their arms so that they could not inject needles. They would ban all sources of fire so that people couldn't light up a joint. They'd genetically alter your nostrils so that you could not possibly snort a line. This is basically what is happening in Runescape; they are not simply making a rule against RWT, they are putting restrictions across the game so that you are unable to break the rules even if you wanted to, at the expense of the huge proportion of players who have never broken these rules, and never intend to.

Jagex is removing freedoms that we previously had in order to combat the EXTREMELY small portion of players who are Real World Trading. What's amusing is that these players who are RWTing are doing it in microscopic numbers, compared to the old system. You'll be lucky to find 6-7 people transferring at any given time on W17 in High / Mid Crater, of which only 3-4 of them are actually RWTing (the others are simply transferring to bypass the trade limit). Of those 3-4, maybe 2 of them are RWTing for a significant amount (5M+ per transfer). When you consider that over 100,000 players are playing at any point, and only 3-4 of them are RWTing at a time, you truly realize how insignificant this problem really is.

103px-Successfultroll.jpg

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

So let's see, your solution to injustice is to simply accept it and roll over?

Yep.

Just wait till they renew BH.

If you looked around on the (Tip.it) forums, you would find a J-mod post containing the changes that they are going to make.

priest_wiz.png

You're such a hypocrite it's ridiculous.

Says the person who sent me flaming PM's and cried to a mod when I responded back. This makes you a double hypocrite. It's funny how you always initiate flamewars when you're the one who cries about them in the end. And at least I make relevant posts. How is being a hypocrite relevant to some people's actions causing innocent people to suffer? My point was that life isn't going to be fair in that context, so why should RS be an exception, but then you went on to call me a hypocrite.

Now how about you answer my question. What is RWT a "scapegoat" for?

PS: This whole debate is very suspicious in the first place. You guys sound like lawyers in a courtroom. You come in here with an unchangeable opinion then someone brings up a valid point but you avoid it and continue to say the same thing over and over again. So what is it that makes someone blindly defend a certain thing without using any type of rationalization skills? Someone who fights through emotion instead of logic? Maybe it's because you were a RWTer. It's the only possibility that seems to make sense at this point.

Says the person who sent me flaming PM's and cried to a mod when I responded back. This makes you a double hypocrite. It's funny how you always initiate flamewars when you're the one who cries about them in the end. And at least I make relevant posts. How is being a hypocrite relevant to some people's actions causing innocent people to suffer? My point was that life isn't going to be fair in that context, so why should RS be an exception, but then you went on to call me a hypocrite.

He is not going to answer your question because he cannot. By debunking your argument at this point, he would be tearing apart his own "facts". So I would be surprised if he does answer your questions directly from this point on

Mystik01.gif

So let's see, your solution to injustice is to simply accept it and roll over? This issue is completely different from those you mentioned above anyways. You are saying that because drugs lead to addiction / illness / death, etc. that they are made illegal. Real World Trading is also illegal, in Runescape terms. For your analogy to have any relevance, the government would be forcing every single person in the world to wear metal plating on their arms so that they could not inject needles. They would ban all sources of fire so that people couldn't light up a joint. They'd genetically alter your nostrils so that you could not possibly snort a line. This is basically what is happening in Runescape; they are not simply making a rule against RWT, they are putting restrictions across the game so that you are unable to break the rules even if you wanted to, at the expense of the huge proportion of players who have never broken these rules, and never intend to.

If that's how you want to word it then be my guest. You're the only one who seems upset about it. Plus you're making extreme strawmans which don't address the point I've made at all. If you don't understand, here it is again: Jagex is changing BH to prevent RWT. Cops make drugs illegal to prevent drug abuse (overdose, addiction, giving up important things just for a drug, negatively effecting those around you).

As unfair as it is, it's still the best [Read] decision to make. It's better than having RWT do what they wish and ruin the game, and it's better than allowing people with bright futures ahead of them to partake in drug abuse. (I don't fully agree with the war on drugs, but drugs such as heroin and coke should be banned completely.)

You can go to Bounty Hunter on world 17 when it is at maximum capacity and find plenty of people transferring. The comment by Jagex about "quiet hours" shows that they are either complete fools, or they are trying to downplay the situation by saying it's only going on at some points of the day.

Wow, what a mess. But since I'm a nice guy I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and address the point you are trying to make:

1.) Those two quotes from you contradict each other. You need to make up your mind and choose which one you're gonna stand beside.

2.) Durial was only one person. That's a very insignificant amount of people. Does that suggest Jagex shouldn't have fixed the POH bug?

3.) It's only a small scale problem at the moment, but you seem to be ignoring the big picture. What's going to happen if Jagex left this gaping hole open in BH for 3 years? It will get gradually worse. Commonsense says to fix a problem at it's root.

At least change your title man. Jagex isn't trying to take away from our gameplay - they are trying to make it better by getting rid of RWT.

what nitwit would rwt or transfer through f2p?

The most valuable items you can get in f2p come from p2p, and if i'm not mistaken, happens to be god armor. God armor is maybe a max of 5m per set, and due to the fact that you can only carry in one set of armor of any type at a time, this would make it take ridiculously long to transfer or rwt any significant amount.

It really doesn't matter in the slightest if I play BH. I don't play castle wars, clan wars, go on pvp worlds, or do about 75% of the other minigames either. I still know how they work. I am also smart enough to know that RWT and Transfers of that "Easy 5m" or less would be a waste of time for all parties involved. RWT'ers sell gold in the hundreds of millions range, and are much more likely to go on p2p worlds where they can carry in things like third age or other such items that are worth far far more than measly god armor. Afterall if you ever checked out the rates on some of those gold farming sites, You'd realize how much of a waste of everyone's time 5m is. I remember back before anti-RWT updates, seeing sites advertising 100m for $10. That would translate to $.50 for 5m. OMG NOWZ I CNA GIT CHOKLIT MLK @ LUHNGH.

Anyway, considering you really don't have any established players agreeing with you kind of takes credence away from your argument than anyone who spends time at BH could tell me the same things you are. So why don't you take the bet? Seriously.

How exactly would you suggest they punish just those transferring or using RWT in BH? How would they even detect it? Do you think they wear signs that say "RWT!!!!!!?" There is no discernible difference between a player deciding to play BH and getting his [wagon] kicked, and a RWT'er going to bh, and getting his [wagon] kicked on purpose. These deals are made outside of RS so they can't even check chat logs 90% of the time.

To be honest, every time you post i feel like throwing a puppy into a blender and making you drink it.

Man, are you still here? You're a complete moron, NEARLY ALL RWT TAKES PLACE IN F2P! And where in hell are you getting these values on gold? Nobody is selling gold for $0.10/M, are you kidding me?? Gold retails at around $3.00-4.00 USD per Million. This means you can transfer $15.00-20.00 worth of gold each transfer. Considering one transfer takes about 5 minutes (180 sec penalty plus some setup time), you can be transferring $240 USD worth of gold per hour. That's just on F2P doing a regular god armor transfer (Sara Set + Wiz [G]). You have demonstrated time and time again that you are a complete moron, and you seem to be happy adding fuel to the fire.

It just goes to show how absolutely uninformed the Runescape public is as far as RWT goes, if you truly think a million gold sells for 10 cents. That's like $6.50 for an AGS, the best weapon in Runescape. If gold was that cheap, there would be no point for retailers in the first place. I mean, what normal Runescape player would need more than 100M? If they could buy everything they'd ever need for a measly $10, anyone selling gold would be better off sewing rugs in India.

If 5M is such a waste of time, are you saying that you don't think Jagex should worry about the people transferring 5M at a time? Because if that is indeed what you are saying, you are essentially agreeing with my argument. The amount of RWT going on is incredibly insiginificant. In the old days, billions changed hands everyday in Runescape. In this current age, there is nowhere near that amount being exchanged.

Anyways, what is the point of arguing with you, when you have admitted you've NEVER used Bounty Hunter? You talk about assumptions, and yet you're throwing out numbers and statements that are based purely on your own moronic guesses which have absolutely no basis.

"People must be using P2P to xfer because 5M costs $0.50!"

That statement alone proves it. You really should not be posting here anymore.

lulz, hey [bleep]wit, i said before RWT updates. Still I just did a bit of research, and I'm finding an average price of about $2.50 per million. But consider how many people would buy items instead of gold, you can't transfer members items on f2p. I don't even get the point of arguing f2p vs. p2p though. That's not even what the argument is about.

It also doesn't matter that I don't play BH, i haven't made any assumptions or thrown out numbers. I stated that I remember seeing gold advertised for those prices.

The big issue is, as you've said, You can go there at any time and see people transferring. If the amout of rulebreaking is so severe that you can find rule breakers anytime you go to BH then that only reinforces that changes need to be made.

Why are you so worried about it anyway if you're not a RWT'er? I mean bounty hunter isn't very popular, and anyone not involved in RWT prefers PVP worlds anyway, so what exactly is the big deal?

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

Why are you so worried about it anyway if you're not a RWT'er? I mean bounty hunter isn't very popular, and anyone not involved in RWT prefers PVP worlds anyway, so what exactly is the big deal?

Are you kidding me? Bounty Hunter is very popular, try going to w17 at any time of the day when it's up and running, you'll be able to see that for yourself. Sure, it may not be as busy as PVP worlds, but it's still a great minigame. It's the only place left where you can stake another player, and it has a very loyal following. For you to say that the only people who care about BH are those who RWT is obviously not true.

If that's how you want to word it then be my guest. You're the only one who seems upset about it. Plus you're making extreme strawmans which don't address the point I've made at all. If you don't understand, here it is again: Jagex is changing BH to prevent RWT. Cops make drugs illegal to prevent drug abuse (overdose, addiction, giving up important things just for a drug, negatively effecting those around you).

As unfair as it is, it's still the best [Read] decision to make. It's better than having RWT do what they wish and ruin the game, and it's better than allowing people with bright futures ahead of them to partake in drug abuse. (I don't fully agree with the war on drugs, but drugs such as heroin and coke should be banned completely.)

What I am saying is that it's NOT the best solution. It's the lazy solution. If Jagex were to just have 1-2 people working on catching RWT'ers and PUNISHING THEM, then you'd see the BEST solution. This would create a serious risk for anyone trying to RWT, and would not hurt the innocent players in the process. As others have said, catching transfers is extremely easy in this day and age. You would only need to monitor 6 BH craters TOTAL, spread across 2 worlds. They've been letting it slide deliberately lately, because they feel they cannot afford the loss in memberships. This really comes down to money. Jagex is unwilling to punish those committing these offences, yet they are content with simply restricting the minigame so that there is no way to RWT in it at all.

Let's remember though, that this is not killing RWT at all. Power-leveling, gold-farming, training, etc. are all going to continue to go on, most certainly at an increased rate due to the changes in BH. If people are willing to spend money on a service, they're gonna find a way to spend it. This update simply makes RWTing more viable for those working in countries with extremely low labour costs, while cutting out those who bought and resold gold. Jagex is catering to the gold farmers by taking out the last means of transferring, and their presence will be harshly felt in the months to come.

2.) Durial was only one person. That's a very insignificant amount of people. Does that suggest Jagex shouldn't have fixed the POH bug?

Your analogies are consistently irrelevant. Yes, Durial was "one" person, but his actions were directly affecting other players. He was killing other players in safe areas, so this situation obviously does not relate.

3.) It's only a small scale problem at the moment, but you seem to be ignoring the big picture. What's going to happen if Jagex left this gaping hole open in BH for 3 years? It will get gradually worse. Commonsense says to fix a problem at it's root.

Open your eyes man, Bounty Hunter has been the same for a year now. There are fundamental reasons why BH trading could never rival levels of RWT seen in the past. Low level macroers are not flooding the resources in Runescape, and they never will under this system. Jagex has made them obsolete (largely unintentionally) through the implementation of BH. If it were profittable to have level 3's running around mining ess or chopping yews, you would have seen them by now.

At least change your title man. Jagex isn't trying to take away from our gameplay - they are trying to make it better by getting rid of RWT.

You really don't think Jagex is taking away from the gameplay? Did you feel as if the Duel arena update was great fun, like they told us it would be? How about PVP worlds? Is it great fun to kill someone wearing 40M in items and get an Amulet of Glory? You cannot deny that Jagex has proven time and time again that they have no problem sacrificing gameplay for a quick and TEMPORARY fix to RWT. To think this time will be any different is very wishful thinking.

You really don't think Jagex is taking away from the gameplay? Did you feel as if the Duel arena update was great fun, like they told us it would be? How about PVP worlds? Is it great fun to kill someone wearing 40M in items and get an Amulet of Glory? You cannot deny that Jagex has proven time and time again that they have no problem sacrificing gameplay for a quick and TEMPORARY fix to RWT. To think this time will be any different is very wishful thinking.

Your whole argument here fails. Where is it that they took away gameplay by adding the PvP worlds? They have vastly increased gameplay by doing so. Now you can PK at your heart's content and not just do it in the wilderness, but in areas that were once deemed safe prior to the big update. So yes, gameplay is increased.

Now if you are inferring that the lack of gameplay is because you cannot make a profit or as large of a profit like you were able to prior to the big update, well that is just too bad. But to try to correlate the lack of profitability to Jagex killing gameplay is just plain stupid.

You fail.

Mystik01.gif

Flaming through PM's? Pathetic. I get those a lot.

Calling someone a hypocrite is akin to the old "Why do you hate America/Baby Jesus/etc", it's the final spew once they've been backed into the corner. Oh and RWT is apparently a scapegoat for Jagex, who clearly have full intent on destroying Runescape, assuming you listen to the logical, mature, non-whiny posts by Historik and Madmanpur3.

PS: This whole debate is very suspicious in the first place. You guys sound like lawyers in a courtroom. You come in here with an unchangeable opinion then someone brings up a valid point but you avoid it and continue to say the same thing over and over again. So what is it that makes someone blindly defend a certain thing without using any type of rationalization skills? Someone who fights through emotion instead of logic? Maybe it's because you were a RWTer. It's the only possibility that seems to make sense at this point.

I know another possibility. He's a 10 year old so afraid of change that any hint of it sends him off the deep end of unstable preteen angst and hormones.

Oh and:

You guys sound like lawyers in a courtroom.

emot-objection.gif

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Most likely, this only happened because andrew stepped down from ceo, to work in-detail with the game AND he answered rwt questions, while the ceo answered random game questions or questions about himself.

This feels exceptional on my under-carriage.

I didn't send flaming PMs to you (apparently your PMs have possession over something), nor did I cry to any mod. Also, I don't initiate flamewars let alone cry about them in the end...you seriously misconstrue everything about me to make me like as foolish as possible and yourself a godsend on these forums.

As for how it's relevent that you're a hypocrite? It's 100% relevent. You say that all real world traders are the scum of the game and that all real world traders are bad, blah blah blah...then turn around and say "Drugs. Some people can and do use those drugs responsibly, but the people who don't have ruined it for them". Now if I have to explain how that is hypocritical, there's no point in me even discussing on this topic as it would be pointless.

Now to your question that you're so desparate for an answer - Real world trading is a scapegoat for all of Jagex's problems, giving them 'permission' to do anything they damn well please with their game as long as they just tack on "it's to win the battle against real world traders". But hey, I don't blame them - it worked/is working right?

Time for a few questions of my own...

- How is real world trading in its current state affecting the game so much that it calls for an entourage of efforts to stop it?

- How is real world trading in its current state affecting Jagex, as a company?

- If they're going to do everything they can to eliminate real world trading, why not follow the same path for the other rules? (I'm all in favor of quick chat only worlds if it means no more offensive language!)

- When was the last time you interacted with a real world trader in-game? Hell, when was the last time you even saw one in-game?

- If everyone's so worried about real world trading, why don't you get up in arms about the grand exchange? Jagex has already made it clear that they don't mind the existance of junk nor are they showing any signs of upgrading the GE mechanics, which is real good news for any real world trader wouldn't ya think? Especially when you consider the fact that I can transfer 5m+ to my friend in under a minute using the grand exchange.

And for the record I'm not trying to defend Historik, so please don't associate his posts with me. Unless you want me to associate everyone that opposes me with Zierro and Magzar, in which case we'd have the Great Wall of Tif on our hands.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

I'd like to respond to Madmanpur3 though I've only glanced over the thread and haven't really agreed with anyone in particular.

Time for a few questions of my own...

- How is real world trading in its current state affecting the game so much that it calls for an entourage of efforts to stop it?

- How is real world trading in its current state affecting Jagex, as a company?

RWT is coming back seeing how impossible it is to die in BH on a f2p world. And that brings all the negative effects that RWT had on RuneScape in the first place. Mainly credit card fraud. Some RWT companies would just use their customer's credit cards to buy more bots membership, and when the credit card was frozen and the transactions revoked, Jagex lost money. It's not just a scapegoat for problems.

- If they're going to do everything they can to eliminate real world trading, why not follow the same path for the other rules? (I'm all in favor of quick chat only worlds if it means no more offensive language!)

Ignoring your sarcasm, I'd like to point out that RWT was the only rule that had financial consequences for Jagex other than losing members normally.

- When was the last time you interacted with a real world trader in-game? Hell, when was the last time you even saw one in-game?

Last time I stepped inside Bounty Hunter.

- If everyone's so worried about real world trading, why don't you get up in arms about the grand exchange? Jagex has already made it clear that they don't mind the existance of junk nor are they showing any signs of upgrading the GE mechanics, which is real good news for any real world trader wouldn't ya think? Especially when you consider the fact that I can transfer 5m+ to my friend in under a minute using the grand exchange.

The GE already has many controls and since it is broken, it'll probably be fixed as a whole pretty soon. BH is by far the most pressing matter, especially now that the Tzhaar dragonstone method was nerfed.

2496 Completionist

Jett, it's already been pointed out that while real world trading may still occur, the things that were associated with it in the past (botting and credit card fraud) aren't an issue anymore. So again, why is real world trading in its current state (without bots and credit card issues) such a huge deal for the game and Jagex? Also, how can you say "RWT is coming back" when it's been going on since the introduction of bh - which was a long time ago.

As for the grand exchange being revamped anytime soon, don't hold your breath.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

Jett, it's already been pointed out that while real world trading may still occur, the things that were associated with it in the past (botting and credit card fraud) aren't an issue anymore. So again, why is real world trading in its current state (without bots and credit card issues) such a huge deal for the game and Jagex? Also, how can you say "RWT is coming back" when it's been going on since the introduction of bh - which was a long time ago.

They aren't an issue anymore? You'll have to send me your Jagex mod username, considering you know so much about what's going on in the company.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

Ah okay, since I didn't read over the middle pages of the thread I didn't get to that.

In the first few months of BH there were huge clans roaming around still, and people were getting to know how the system works. More recently people have really started to set up a foolproof system for transferring. And it's not just RWT: people are using BH to transfer stuff between accounts, pay for items, etc. While fixing BH won't fix the GE, it's certainly a step towards reviving the minigame. It's supposed to be a game where you hunt for your target, hoping the person hunting you doesn't find you first. Only a few people play that way and they're all rushers, the rest just clump together in teams killing random people with zero danger.

Well if they don't fix it soon, many items will have broken prices beyond repair.

D claws are a prime example of a near disaster.

They figured since people didn't use rune claws, which also have a special, no one would want dragon. Therefore they set the price at 200k or so. When they fixed lootshare to split dragon claws, they started trickling into the GE, raising the price to ~25-30m. When Jagex finally stepped in and boosted the price 10m, as well as doubled the drop rate for claws, the bubble was already too inflated, and they crashed a good 15m immediately. They at least need to fix the system, if not individual items.

2496 Completionist

Enough flaming you guys. You can debate all you want and constructively challenge other peoples' ideas. But pointless insults, harassment and name-calling are not appropriate.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

Tripsis, you didn't delete the post that started this whole thing:

1. Drugs. Some people can and do use drugs responsibly, but the people who don't have ruined it for them.

And if I do remember correctly, you are the same mod who warned us not to flame each other last time he was sending me PM's. It's about a year later, and he's still going at it. Honestly, I just want to post in peace without him flaming me with every possible chance he gets. :|

Tripsis, you didn't delete the post that started this whole thing
:cry:

And if I do remember correctly, you are the same mod who warned us not to flame each other last time he was sending me PM's. It's about a year later, and he's still going at it. Honestly, I just want to post in peace without him flaming me with every possible chance he gets. :|

I'm still going at it?!? You're the one who freaking quotes everything I say. This is the formula for my posting in general discussion: I make a post, you see I've made a post so you quote it and disagree, in doing so you twist and distort everything I say as much as possible to make me look like the bad guy so I feel the need to clarify.

Seriously, you disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing with me and do so without regard to how much you actually care about the topic being discussed.

I'm still going at it?!? You're the one who freaking quotes everything I say. This is the formula for my posting in general discussion: I make a post, you see I've made a post so you quote it and disagree, in doing so you twist and distort everything I say as much as possible to make me look like the bad guy so I feel the need to clarify.

How does this apply to you calling me "such a hypocrite that it's ridiculous" when I was merely pointing out how people suffering for our people's mistakes is just a part of life and not only just a RS thing?

Seriously, you disagree with me for the sake of disagreeing with me and do so without regard to how much you actually care about the topic being discussed.

No, I disagree with you because I think RWT is bad and you don't. As you can see in that quote I sent to Tripsis, I was trying to have a constructive debate until you called me a hypocrite out of the blue.

PS: I came on this thread and asked a question to the topic starter. You were the one who responded to me first, so don't tell me that I'm the one who just purposely tries to disagree.