Another Anti-Gameplay Update from Jagex

Historik2

Poll  

1. 1. Poll

OMG They removed the random events from the game too! Its like they trying to dismantle the game one step at a time! OMG

My stats are melting! MELTING! The sky is falling! The game is crashing! Its shutting down! Oh wait.. I just spilt beer on my pc. False alarm.

Next it will be YOU they remove. We can only hope! First random events and then certain section of the runescape population that everyone is sick of hearing. Ban them and by one and the game is going to skyrocket memberships. =D> Evil genius I say! Jagex is evil and is genius!

This is pure speculation on a series of events that dont really point to any hard evidence but whatever. All hail jagex! Ban them! Ban them all!

With the removing of bh (Its your imagination if you see a big crater in the the wilderness with people pking in it.) its just a matter of time before they remove the - certain population that everyone is sick of hearing - from the game! Genius!

There should be a rule against players that are addicted and hump the idea of pking returning as it used to be. Rather than what it now is. :roll:

OK! See I do respect people who stand up for things. But c'mon! This is YEARS ago so its utterly garbage. Its like campaigning for women to stay at home working in the kiction when the rest of the country has evolved. However you word it.. Whatever the timing.. Its the same garbage and we sick of it. Accept it and move on. However! If you must! Do it with some dignity and people might listen.

I cannot respect a thread written in such a matter thats so biased - attacking jagex - Making up utter rubbish - conspiracy theories. Its spam.

Personally I hope they remove it or put pink refugee caterpillars in there removing the pking ability.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheefoo, why exactly should they do anything more to prevent real world trading? The bots are gone, they aren't having those credit card problems they used to have. So why do anything more?

This is essentially the point of the entire post. Is RWT really having such a negative impact that these changes are necessary?

Look around you and compare the current times to the old times. Macroers are no longer ruining the game, and credit card fraud issues have been dealt with (as said by Jagex). Transferring gold is dangerous, and time-consuming. RWT has been HUGELY REDUCED as a whole.

So it leads to the question: Does the RWT going on right now affect you at all?

Answer this question personally, not with the generic brainwashing comments Jagex has spread throughout the community. The only reason I can think up which affects the game negatively at this point are the updates that are aimed at stopping it.

Somebody bombs a building in Iraq, does it effect me directly? No, should it be stopped? YES.

Saying something doesen't directly effect me is an invalid argument, the people RWT'ing and xfering items are CHEATING. That is the point about it all, they are cheating at a game we play comppetetively, and it isn't in the spirit of the game. It's morally wrong to cheat, and it may not effect me personally but by god i will support anything to get those cheating scum out of this game i like to play.

The people who have brought this on are the RWT'ers and Xfer'ers, and they are the main majority who it will effect, as said by alot of people, a very few people actually use BH to pk now, it is defunct, un-needed and letting cheaters get away with cheating. It was meant in my eyes as a temporary place for people to pk untill PVP worlds were introduced, now we have those, BH is un-needed.

AMEN to THAT!

Slayer drops: Black Mask: 1 (Ik I fail)

18.jpg

Oh boy. One of these guys who have to put :wall: in all of their posts, to make themselves sound like they're exerting the only form of rationality in an argument.

So you'd rather have their whole Anti-RWT campaign to be in vain instead of fixing BH?

How does real world trading still going on make all those updates in vain? :wall: Do you see anymore macroers? Is Jagex still struggling with credit card issues?

Offensive language affects the average player just as much as real world trading yet I bet if they made all worlds quick chat only, you'd all be a little tweaked right?

Not yet. Plus offensive language doesn't devalue achievements. What's next? Murder affects the average person just as much as teasing does?

Good job, that was my only post in a long time that used the wall emote, and I used it because the majority here doesn't seem to understand that Jagex already took care of the problem and need not do anything further.

As for your real world trading is to offensive language as murder is to teasing analogy, nice exaggeration. In fact, I could easily argue that offensive language is worse than real world trading.

May the presents of our lord and savior, Santa, be with you this holiday season!

First annual Clausmas - 2009 December 25

Good job, that was my only post in a long time that used the wall emote, and I used it because the majority here doesn't seem to understand that Jagex already took care of the problem and need not do anything further.

I guess I can give you the benefit of the doubt, seeing as I haven't scrutinized all of your posts but from as far as I can tell I've definitely picked up the pattern. As for the second thing - I don't think you're in much of a position to tell us here that Jagex doesn't need to take any further action. Now if you'd like to tell me why you think that, then be my guest but for right now it's nothing but a two-way street. I can just as easily say that they do need to do more about it.

As for your real world trading is to offensive language as murder is to teasing analogy, nice exaggeration. In fact, I could easily argue that offensive language is worse than real world trading.

That was my point. Exaggeration doesn't do much with an argument. I will admit I've done my share of exaggerating when I said it would make the campaign against RWT in vain, but what suggests where the line should be drawn? I'm going to clean my face until I am satisfied - not to get every pimple off my face but to decrease the amount as much as I can. It's my face and I don't want pimples on them just as it's Jagex's game and they don't want RWTers in it.

What they actualy said, was that the code for pairing combatants was not working, hence why they disabled it. Otherwise they woudl have just updated it when they had fixes ready. There is an active issue with the game code, hence the diabling.

Today, Jagex released the update that many were anticipating. Bounty Hunter has been temporarily removed as they adjust it to make it "anti-RWT". What most people know by now is that with Jagex, "ANTI-RWT = ANTI-FUN".

I disagree. The game's a lot more fun now that the crybabies are mostly gone. Obviously you missed the phone call.

There is no doubt that once BH is released again, it will be dumbed down and much less interesting. Right now the drop system is purely speculation, what we do know is that it will be different. Drops will not be what they used to be; many people are saying there will be a percentage that you get, others believe they'll simply adopt PVP drops into BH.

There is no doubt, yet everything is speculation. That's the kind of logic I'd expect out of someone whose most vulgar statement is "you poo poo head". Here's an idea: Stop making assumptions, turning those assumptions into assumed fact, and then bashing Jagex for what you assumed about them.

Jagex is killing the last direct player to player interaction left in Runescape.

Lulz. I must be playing a different runescape, where it's still possible to trade, duel, play minigames together, chat, fight, cooperate, assist, lend, and all that other non-player interaction related material.

The game is becoming more and more restrained everyday.

Every day? And there I was thinking Jagex only updated once a week. Let's see this week's restraints. New distraction, random updates, priority system in Soul Wars, price checker, and quest list update. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOGMOG Those evil bastards. Restraining us by making features easier every week. What kind of monsters are we dealing with? Everyone to WoW!!!!!!

Also, the argument that these updates are being made over Credit Card fraud (which they used last time) is completely bogus. CC fraud HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH BH RWT. BH RWT requires high level characters to trade. Credit Card fraud membership is ONLY VIABLE on low level, throw-away characters. No one is going to get a level 50+, 95+ character banned for a few days of membership. The only reason Jagex has for these new anti-RWT updates is their EGO! They are willing to continue destroying their game (which has already DETERIORATED MASSIVELY from the trading updates of 2007/08) just to stop a few people from making profit off their game.

Once again, we must be talking about different Jagexs. I looked at the update, I can't find a single point where they mention credit card fraud. I also didn't know you were the bank czar and knew exactly where the gold farmers funds were coming from and going into. Apparently you'd never seen the members bots that were combat 100+ for dragons.

And what exactly does Jagex help with the EGO by "destroying their game". If the game has deteriorated so bad, then get off the ship before the rest of us push you overboard.

This is your chance as a player to stop taking these garbage updates with a grain of salt. Jagex should be improving their product, not destroying it! We are paying members and our voice should be heard. Complain to Jagex, let them know how you feel, and let's discuss these anti-gameplay updates here. Don't you guys think it's gone way too far? Does RWT *REALLY* hurt your experience on Runescape (aside from Jagex's updates to stop it)?

This is our chance to stop the [cabbage]? Ok (Tries to close this thread) Didn't work.

Let's discuss some anti-gameplay updates when they actually make anti-gameplay updates. Until then, this isn't the place to have your temper tantrum.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

So you'd rather have their whole Anti-RWT campaign to be in vain instead of fixing BH?

You've missed the point of this thread entirely. The anti-RWT campaign has already worked to stop what it was intended to stop in the first place. The macroers are gone, the CC fraud is gone with it. You'll NEVER EVER EVER make a game RWT-free. That's just a fact; where there is a market, there is a way.

If there are no ways to transfer, guess what will happen? Gold-Farming will become the widespread way of buying gold. If you thought BH transfers were annoying, what do you think about Asian companies playing on people's characters, competing for the same resources as you, and potentially re-opening the door to macroing? Might want to think on that one a little, because there's no way to prevent someone else playing on your account.

actually,

jagex has a system in place that prevents paying people to level or gold farm on your account

if they detect logins from IP addresses from too far apart, within too short a time

you get your account auto-locked for account sharing and have to prove that you're not somehow, it happened to a friend of mine because she was using a proxy that routed her through somewhere like singapore

anyway, tbh, RWT is against the rules, sharing between accounts is against the rules, and lo and behold, avoiding trade limits is against the rules.

If jagex makes a drop table, it won't affect the pking it only affects the drops, which if you're pking because you enjoy killing other players, you really don't care about anyway.

I have personally never been to BH in all my years of play, it just isn't my thing, but my guess is they may restrict it to certain worlds, require more people to begin a game, and tighten the level restrictions. I really see no reason for them to change the drops if they make it harder to get the target you want

If they can make it harder to get the target you want it would make it much harder to transfer or rwt because of unintended targets and whatnot interrupting, seems like a pretty easy fix to me if that's the case

[hide]

Damnit, I tripped over Magzar's half inflated blow-up doll and hurt myself. I wish he wouldn't leave that thing lying around. -.-

[/hide]

I can already see the people who were bad at PKing complaining in this topic lol. And I think it is pathetic when people say that the GE and the Trade Restrictions "Made people better". Rofl. They didn't make people better. There are still schemes, there are still merchanting clans, there are still all of the things there were before, except now everyone must participate in them, unlike before, when only careless people who didn't pay attention to trades got the stick. You can't change human nature.

Hobogoblin pie made a perfect point of something though. It wouldn't matter if every single player in the entire game quit right now. They would eventually all be replaced with new players, who never played before the update that casued everyone to quit.

I will be reading this topic, i'll look at all of the posts of all the people who were carless and got scammed, I will look at all the posts of all the people who were pathetic PKers, I will look that garbage and read their attempt to push THEIR OWN "narrow minded" view of the situation. If you need a trade limit to protect you becasue you can't pay attention to trades, maybe you should PAY ATTENTION TO TRADES, instead of pushing a trade limit on EVERYONE.

Anyway, all of the "art-holier-than-thou" people are wrong anyway, becasue jagex is doing this to get rid of RWT. Not to enforce bizarre moral codes. They did it becasue of the credit card issue, and not for any other reason. In that sense, the OP is incorrect. I WILL say that other games in the industry have handled this better, and are able to maintain PKing.

I am all for the GE. It has made life for me much easier and I am "forced" to make more money now when I sell my stuff. My time is worth more than trying to haggle with morons who have nothing better to do in life than to waste my time trying to haggle another GP or 2. I don't have the time for that and I am thankful for the GE for forcing me to make more money through selling. I used to sell my finished goods at a price that is so low that you would cry for not having the opportunity to get in on it while it was still good. Let's just say that if I was still selling cooked lobbies, I would be making and additional 75gp per.

The trade limit is a trade off. On the plus side, it stopped all the stupid "I got scammed" rants, but was replaced by the even more annoying "OMG RS died with the loss of the wilderness" threads.

But in all the GE did make player interactions better. Instead of just haggling with people, I can go skill after putting my stuff up for sale, and have real interactions with people on a more casual level than just hearing them repeat the same spam over and over again.

Now you always claim that RS died on that day of a certain update. So you think that the game is ruined because the game got enhanced for the majority rather than appeasing the small minority? But look on the bright side of things, Jagex has been actively giving you high quality new content that all the "hardcore players" the "pkers" should be proud of. Don't hate because your playing style is so one dimensional that you ultimately got phased out of the game. The game as it imitates life, is about the ability to adapt and if you are not strong enough to man up, don't go around crying about it still.

Mystik01.gif

People forget that intentionally dieing to xfer items in BH is classed as RWT'ing in jagex's eyes since the trade limits, which this whole this is about, and which is all against the rules.

Ahh so for all the many years before, if I traded items for far below/above the current market price, or gave items away, it was rwt.....

No. However, with the way things are currently set up, I could see Jagex treating, with reason, any and all BH trades as RWT. Whether or not doing so is right is another matter altogether.

Also, this thing about 95% of BH trades being done to make legitimate trades/give gifts seems fishey to me. If people who aren't, technically, breaking the rules are successfully doing this, who's to say those that are breaking the rules aren't doing so just as much if not more? Just because you or anyone you know doesn't see it happening or hear about it doesn't mean it isn't so.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Its exactly like sailing. OMG THEY MADE THE BAREST HINT ARMEGEDDON RAGNAROK EVERY DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. The importance of trying to change things is over. Obviously Jagex has a plan if they've already started this, and they're not going to listen to you, so just GTFO!

It's probably going to kill non-LS duo bandos for sharing loot, or sharing loot in PvP or something.

Any method my duo partner and i had was just killed with this update right here. We cant EVER get an ls world, so bh was our one method of sharing bigger drops. RWT ruined it for everyone who was using it for the RIGHT reasons. I know ppl say its Jagex's game, they can do what they want. But who pays for them to have their site going? US. We SHOULD have some control and input of what happens. Its one thing for someone to complain that plays it for free, but we PAY TO PLAY.

I_G_RagZ.png

Current goals-99 Sum, 95 Slay, Elysian/Divine Spirit Shield, Get LS Elysian and Divine, get another sexy 99

Drops Solo and LS-Arma Hiltx1(solo), Arma Chestx1(solo), Dragon Clawsx2(solo), Bandos Hiltx2(1 FFA, 1 LS), Bandos Tassetsx4(2 duo, 1 solo,2 LS), BCPx5(1 duo, 4 LS), Sara Hiltx1(1 LS), SSx7(LS), Spectral Sigilx1(LS)

Jagex is killing the last direct player to player interaction left in Runescape.

This is the only smart thing you said.

I assume you're speaking in opposites.

What about oh...

PvP worlds?

Other combat minigames?

THE ABILITY TO TALK?

Fighting =/= player interaction.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].

People forget that intentionally dieing to xfer items in BH is classed as RWT'ing in jagex's eyes since the trade limits, which this whole this is about, and which is all against the rules.

Ahh so for all the many years before, if I traded items for far below/above the current market price, or gave items away, it was rwt.....

No. However, with the way things are currently set up, I could see Jagex treating, with reason, any and all BH trades as RWT. Whether or not doing so is right is another matter altogether.

Also, this thing about 95% of BH trades being done to make legitimate trades/give gifts seems fishey to me. If people who aren't, technically, breaking the rules are successfully doing this, who's to say those that are breaking the rules aren't doing so just as much if not more? Just because you or anyone you know doesn't see it happening or hear about it doesn't mean it isn't so.

Because it's just not worth it for ppl to sell in bh. The only few that do it are very high levles and usually clan members, so they can get clan support. It takes hours just to transfer a few mil. Not worth it for the big time sellers we had a year ago when they can go on WOW and sell in an instant.

I am not a skiller, but i do some skills.

rcwar1st.gifconwar3rd.gifwcdec2nd.gifskillwar2nd.gif

Spring2008slaycompsig.png

Don't whine and complain, just leave Runescape and bring the memories with you. Runescape isn't 95% PK-ing, PK was just another "mini-game" that players did and enjoyed themselves, just because PK-ing is gone dosen't mean Runescape has died.

By the way, OP you have awesome English grammar.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I didn't know trolls could generate a 5-page long thread.

Give him credit, he did manage to write out a perfectly organized post which quite frankly.. no troll does.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

Aww, now we have to work to gain our own items and money :( [/sarcasm]

BH ruined the way a lot of people pk. Now people pray and safe every attack and run. I hope it is better when they reopen. I always hated being partnered wiht a level 112+ since I am level 103.

wii_wheaton.png

[software Engineer] -

[Ability Bar Suggestion] - [Gaming Enthusiast]

Image:Epic_Ultimate_Facepalm_of_Epicness.jpg

because one facepalm isnt enough to describe the dismay im feeling/stupidity of this thread.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]